Sweet Shoppe Designs

  #1  
Old 08-28-2019, 05:29 PM
Neverland Scraps's Avatar
Neverland Scraps Neverland Scraps is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,456
Default Back to School Photos

There's a HUGE sale in the store featuring Back to School products. There are a LOT of back to school photos flooding my Facebook/Instagram feed. So lets see them....show us your back to school photos and tell us (1) when they started school or when they start (2) how their first day went.

For those who don't have kids in school--what's something you remember about high school or college (funny, sad, wisdom--anything)

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-28-2019, 05:39 PM
cherrygutz's Avatar
cherrygutz cherrygutz is online now
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,438
Default

Yep, I bought a kit last night to scrap those obligatory first day of school photos (holding a sign, first day of school outfit, back photo while walking, going up and down the bus) of my daughter She started fourth grade on Monday. She had TONS of stories when she got home and I was recording everything in case I forget some details for my pl. She was just sad because she and her bf weren't in the same class this year but they've been sitting during lunch for three days now. I still can't believe I now have a 4th grader...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-28-2019, 06:35 PM
~*Kiana*~'s Avatar
~*Kiana*~ ~*Kiana*~ is online now
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 4,032
Default

I do a pic or two on the first day. No signs or anything, just something to mark the moment ... I've got 2 high schoolers now!
__________________

****
Current Creative Team Member for Southern Serenity
WendyP CT Guest Oct/Nov 2019 ~ KCB CT Guest May/June 2020
DSI CT Guest Jul/Aug/Sept 2020 ~ LJS CT Guest Nov/Dec 2020 Jan 2021
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-28-2019, 06:54 PM
JennNtheBoys's Avatar
JennNtheBoys JennNtheBoys is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 2,783
Default

We are still on Countdown mode here, (1 week & 1 day to go!!). My youngest will be entering the high school this year (grade 7) so it's going to be a bit of an adjustment having no more Elementary School traditions (which we are thrilled about.... our ES was the absolute worst!!), my middle son will be entering Grade 9 and my oldest...... well, it's a BIG year for him as he enters Grade 12.... so all things Graduation will be in our School Year this year! I have been working on a layout with all of his "First Days of School".... just waiting for the LAST photo to complete the set. *sigh* One thing I have noticed, it that in all his years, he has worn something Red, Blue or Black (or any combination of the colors together) in EVERY 1st Day of School photo.... so I told him he had to wear at least 1 of those 3 colors on the first day so he doesn't mess up my layout LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-28-2019, 07:07 PM
Scrap-therapy's Avatar
Scrap-therapy Scrap-therapy is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: France (Loire Valley)
Posts: 1,070
Default

I didn't buy something yet but I think I have too much school kit...

They go back to school on september 2nd for mine. I take pics just before going and sometime arriving at school but that's all.
This year I'd like making a little sign they could hold but I have no idea what to makes, there's plenty of cute pictures with that but I'd love something simple and fast and easy to do! lol!

I took them in picture when we put name's stickers on their furniture and full their new backpack.
Trying to show you but nothing fancy just basic pic!lol!





__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-28-2019, 08:10 PM
icindi's Avatar
icindi icindi is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,149
Default

I have 2 left in college. My youngest is a freshman in college. So no real back to school pics here. But he sent me this pic of him with his roommates, and It's so funny I had to share it!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-28-2019, 09:36 PM
StacyLynn's Avatar
StacyLynn StacyLynn is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 538
Default

My two college kiddos started on Monday (a senior and a sophomore)
My two high schoolers start tomorrow... also a senior and a sophomore.
I wish they didn't start till after Labor Day,
Yup, I usually take lots of pics. Sometimes I do a sign...
and I went shopping for kits and templates last night.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-29-2019, 12:29 AM
Neverland Scraps's Avatar
Neverland Scraps Neverland Scraps is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygutz View Post
Yep, I bought a kit last night to scrap those obligatory first day of school photos (holding a sign, first day of school outfit, back photo while walking, going up and down the bus) of my daughter She started fourth grade on Monday. She had TONS of stories when she got home and I was recording everything in case I forget some details for my pl. She was just sad because she and her bf weren't in the same class this year but they've been sitting during lunch for three days now. I still can't believe I now have a 4th grader...
That's smart to record it!! I love that idea! That's good that they are able to see each other during lunch time. Always hard on the kiddos when they aren't in the same class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ View Post
I do a pic or two on the first day. No signs or anything, just something to mark the moment ... I've got 2 high schoolers now!
Has school started for you all yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
We are still on Countdown mode here, (1 week & 1 day to go!!). My youngest will be entering the high school this year (grade 7) so it's going to be a bit of an adjustment having no more Elementary School traditions (which we are thrilled about.... our ES was the absolute worst!!), my middle son will be entering Grade 9 and my oldest...... well, it's a BIG year for him as he enters Grade 12.... so all things Graduation will be in our School Year this year! I have been working on a layout with all of his "First Days of School".... just waiting for the LAST photo to complete the set. *sigh* One thing I have noticed, it that in all his years, he has worn something Red, Blue or Black (or any combination of the colors together) in EVERY 1st Day of School photo.... so I told him he had to wear at least 1 of those 3 colors on the first day so he doesn't mess up my layout LOL
I'm jealous--wish we were still in countdown mode. We've already been in school almost a month!!

Don't forget FAFSA opens up on October 1--very important to fill that out to get grants, loans, etc!

Too funny you told him to wear something around your photos/layouts!! I've never thought to do that with my kids. Smart thinking!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap-therapy View Post
I didn't buy something yet but I think I have too much school kit...

They go back to school on september 2nd for mine. I take pics just before going and sometime arriving at school but that's all.
This year I'd like making a little sign they could hold but I have no idea what to makes, there's plenty of cute pictures with that but I'd love something simple and fast and easy to do! lol!

They are so adorable! You can always print up one of those signs "this year I'm in ___ grade" "My teacher is __________" "My favorite color is ________" and just use things from what you see on the signs at Walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
I have 2 left in college. My youngest is a freshman in college. So no real back to school pics here. But he sent me this pic of him with his roommates, and It's so funny I had to share it!
That's such a cute photo!! Love that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
My two college kiddos started on Monday (a senior and a sophomore)
My two high schoolers start tomorrow... also a senior and a sophomore.
I wish they didn't start till after Labor Day,
Yup, I usually take lots of pics. Sometimes I do a sign...
and I went shopping for kits and templates last night.
That's when my college student started as well! I also wish ALL of the kids didn't start until after Labor Day too!! And yes, I did shop the sale yesterday -- or maybe it was today. I can't remember!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-29-2019, 09:00 AM
LynnZant's Avatar
LynnZant LynnZant is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,064
Default

I snapped one quick pic in our kitchen last Monday when they started. I have a sophomore and junior, so it's not like, "Freshman year!" or "Senior year!" I guess none of us are that excited about it and could use some more summer.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-29-2019, 10:17 AM
Leablahblah's Avatar
Leablahblah Leablahblah is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Baltimore, MD (origin: France)
Posts: 3,483
Default

Augustine starts morning preschool Sept 9. She didn't make the cut off birthday for Kindergarten even though she turns 5 so soon.
I hope I remember to take a photo!
__________________


Creating for Crystal Livesay - Mar 2018 to Present
Creating for LJS Designs - Aug 2018 to Present
Creating for Jocee Designs - Jan 2020 to Present
Guest for Kristin Cronin-Barrow - Nov/Dec 2017 - Jul/Aug/Sep 2019 - May/June 2020
Guest for Studio Basic - Nov/Dec 2018/Jan 2019
Guest for WendyP - Oct/Nov 2019
Guest for DSI - Jan/Feb/Mar 2020
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-29-2019, 01:20 PM
craftytam's Avatar
craftytam craftytam is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Magnificent Meridian, ID
Posts: 4,136
Default

Our youngest started his freshman year at Boise State University on Monday


And our grandson started at preschool 2 days a week
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-29-2019, 01:21 PM
craftytam's Avatar
craftytam craftytam is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Magnificent Meridian, ID
Posts: 4,136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
I have 2 left in college. My youngest is a freshman in college. So no real back to school pics here. But he sent me this pic of him with his roommates, and It's so funny I had to share it!
I love this, Cindi!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-29-2019, 03:10 PM
LeeAndra's Avatar
LeeAndra LeeAndra is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: northern Indiana
Posts: 6,227
Default

My babies started K & 5th grade mid-August.







My little is having an... interesting time in K. His full-time teacher has yet to arrive in the classroom. There have been many conversations with the principal. We'll see how it goes.

My big is having the best year of her school career. She comes home EVERY DAY and says that her day was "amazing" or "awesome" or "fantastic." I'm only sad that my little won't get to experience that same teacher when he gets to be that age.
They're phasing out the program she's in at that school and will only have it at a school across town.

I will need to decide by the end of the school year (when our lease is up) where we'll be moving to and what school district they will be attending. Depending on the district, my daughter could be in middle school (6-8), elementary school (K-6), or intermediate school (4-8). I may be persuaded into moving across town so DS can attend the program at School B and driving DD to School A where she's at now to finish out her last year with that teacher and with those kids (who have all been in the same class, give or take a few, since 1st grade). I guess we'll see how the year goes!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-30-2019, 01:44 AM
CarolynK's Avatar
CarolynK CarolynK is offline
Sweets
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 265
Default

Kids go back end of January/beginning of February here.

Posting my pic cos Iím sure itís blurred in the gallery - but FACS changed the regulations the other week and we no longer have to blur the faces out




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All Creative Content © 2007 SweetShoppeDesigns

Making your memories sweeter

Copyright © 2016 Sweet Shoppe Designs Ė The Sweetest Digital Scrapbooking Site on the Web | Site by Lilac Creative