Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-09-2021, 01:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Curious, anyone still working remotely?

Anyone still working remotely due to Covid?

We just got word that they want staff back in our buildings by September 1st, but still nothing firm. We had to submit a request to go into the office until just a few days ago.

It's nice to have a "date" to actually put on the calendar and look forward to, although I'll miss working from home in my stretchy pants and saving money on gas each week, but the routine will be nice. Even after all this time at home, I don't think I've gotten into one still.
Old 06-09-2021, 02:04 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

A lot of people at my plant are still working from home, but next Wednesday, they are implementing the first step to getting everyone back in the building - Come to work Wednesday. Everyone will need to be in the building on Wednesdays for the next four weeks. After that it will be Wednesday and one other day of their chosing for four weeks and then they will add a third day for four weeks, and then all five days.

Since I am a vital employee, I have been working from the office all along. But no one minds much if I work from home here and there, so occasionally, I do, usually on the days I can't pull my butt out of bed. I have a bit of a commute, so if I can sleep in a little longer, there are days that I just do it.
Old 06-09-2021, 02:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

They told my husband they expect everyone back in the office in September. I will miss having him around the house to help with the kiddos!! It will be hard getting all 3 of my kids out the door to school next year but then I guess I'll only have one kid home with me since my middle is starting preschool this fall!
Old 06-09-2021, 02:18 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Me! I am still working from home. My boss is suuuuuuuper cool and all. LOL

But, srsly, I am glad for the US people for having things more 'normal'. ♥

My husband team is considering continue working from home even after all vaccines... Maybe just going to the office 1, 2 week because it worked just fine for them.
Old 06-09-2021, 02:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I still work from home. Starting July, we are allowed to go back to the office one day in a week. We can’t be there with more than 20% of the people of my team.

And mille Ru said, working from home will continue when the pandemic is over. We can choose if we want to work from home a few days in the week or at the office.

Old 06-09-2021, 03:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Our District has been back since last June or July, I believe. I never worked remotely as I don't have a dedicated space to do so. I felt safe at the office as there were only a few people here and we were pretty spaced out.

Old 06-09-2021, 04:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We are being told we will be working from home indefinitely and I'm ecstatic! We are hearing that in September the office may open up to people that want to come in full time or are having issues working from home. Otherwise we won't be required to go in with the exception of possible management meetings, client visits or new hire training. We've been doing a pretty decent job on my team of training via Teams and now have the ability to recruit nationwide instead of just locally so I'm hopeful to not have to go in too much. Plus they cut back on how much space they are leasing and got rid of 3/4 of the office furniture.
Old 06-09-2021, 05:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My husband's office has people back 1 day a week, and they're going to 2 days in a few weeks. No date for back to "normal" yet. He'll probably continue to telecommute once or twice a week even when that happens.

The preschool I teach at didn't re-open this year. (The public schools were all virtual until March, so that was the earliest we'd have gone back. By then we'd had too many teachers take other jobs or have their own childcare issues due to hybrid school or choosing to stay virtual.) We were all virtual until last week, when I taught at our 1 week in-person summer camp. Now we're on summer break, and we'll go back in-person on our regular schedule in September.

Last edited by rach3975; 06-09-2021 at 05:09 PM.
Old 06-09-2021, 05:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
We are being told we will be working from home indefinitely and I'm ecstatic! We are hearing that in September the office may open up to people that want to come in full time or are having issues working from home. Otherwise we won't be required to go in with the exception of possible management meetings, client visits or new hire training. We've been doing a pretty decent job on my team of training via Teams and now have the ability to recruit nationwide instead of just locally so I'm hopeful to not have to go in too much. Plus they cut back on how much space they are leasing and got rid of 3/4 of the office furniture.
That's interesting and must be nice.

Old 06-09-2021, 05:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Here in Michigan they ended the "required" order that said if employees can work from home then they should.

That was May 24th I think. Our company ordered us back soon after.

Although, my boss is pretty cool so my team is allowed to work from home when we need to. But for the most part, I've been in the office since beginning of May full time.

Old 06-09-2021, 07:07 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

We are still home. Suppose to hear the plans for return by the end of June.
Hoping we are home through summer and then I will probably do 2 day in and 3 home a week. That would be perfect for me.

Kelly
Old 06-09-2021, 07:15 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

ha, we were doing so great down here and then ... another lockdown and virus escape from quarantine and boom, back to working from home for most.

Hubs and I worked from home even before this all hit so it's nothing new for us but our daughter has been put back in her room for work for a while still. luckily our son is an essential worker so he hasn't been impacted at all.

lockdown ends tonight but with very strict restrictions still in place for some time. don't think people will be going back to the office full time ever again tbh.
Old 06-09-2021, 11:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My company (50k employees) is still exclusively WFH with very few exceptions. I found out earlier this week that I will be 100% remote in perpetuity. Even after people are invited back to the office, it will still be completely optional for the foreseeable future. While I like being in person, my stakeholder group is not co-located with me, so I'm in virtual meetings no matter where I'm physically located.

For now, everyone would still likely be required to wear a mask and take meetings from their desks in most circumstances, so there is no real incentive to go in unless you're out in the field meeting clients face to face (which doesn't apply to the majority of our employees).
Old 06-10-2021, 09:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My husband is still at home some days...esp now that it is summer. Teenager is at youth camp this week which is my help for the 10 yr old. Next week hubby will probably be in the office all week. They have some employees that have never gone remote. He can do his job just about anywhere but since he is in management he likes to go in to support the employees that are under him. They want them back in the office as much as they can but are very understanding if I need him at home. I like it when he is at work during the school times bc it is quiet when all are gone but I love it when he is home and we can have lunch together and sometimes breakfast. <3
Old 06-10-2021, 11:17 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

In the Philippines, schools will be virtual at least through the end of the year, so I will be teaching from home for a while. Right now, however, we are in Arkansas, and it really seems like life has just gone back to normal. Occasionally I see someone wearing a mask, but not very often. My mom is still working from home, but that’s because she likes it and has the option.
Old 06-10-2021, 11:52 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My hubby has been WFH since February 2020. They keep putting out dates to return in person to work and then delaying them. His current date to return is June 21. He is hoping it will be pushed back. His job is 95% virtual meetings and going back to sit in a cubicle taking virtual meetings masked all day isn't super appealing to him. He also loves being home so he can see more of me and the kids during the day.
Old 06-10-2021, 12:51 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

It's not possible for me to work from home, so I never have been. My husband either. My mom though gets to stay at home for work permanently. This is funny cause she had been asking to for years, but was ways denied.
Old 06-10-2021, 04:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

For our office staff (including me), everybody is still WFH. They have started making plans to let people come back in September but they've said that most people will only be expected in 2-3 days/week. They will also reconfigure office space so that there will be more shared workspace (i.e., you won't necessarily have a designated desk that is "yours" all the time). And if you want to stay remote, most people will have that option. Best of all worlds, in my opinion. I was WFH even before the pandemic so I prefer that but do like to go in from time-to-time for group meetings and other networking events.
Old 06-11-2021, 07:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm in Michigan too, I work for Michigan State University Extension, they've been very cautious during the whole pandemic with us.

It sounds like we're going to have a formal/hybrid work plan at some point, which would be fantastic. The work we do, we don't always need to be in the office, but sometime we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
Here in Michigan they ended the "required" order that said if employees can work from home then they should.

That was May 24th I think. Our company ordered us back soon after.

Although, my boss is pretty cool so my team is allowed to work from home when we need to. But for the most part, I've been in the office since beginning of May full time.

Last edited by nesser1981; 06-11-2021 at 10:56 PM.
Old 06-11-2021, 09:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I feel very sheltered in my little corner of the world. It never occurred to me that there were still people working from home for Covid reasons. I had heard that some companies had decided they liked the work from home set up and were making transitions.

I work for a school district. We worked from home from mid-March through the end of the school year in mid-May last year. After school was out, I went back to help tech dept. implement a one to one plan for devices. We started school in person (with a few remote students) and I've been working since. We wore masks throughout the school year. We have not had to wear them the past two weeks (summer school for some, I'm working summer tech again). Everything is pretty much back to normal around here. We've sat at zero active cases for a few weeks.

The university I attend (though I'm an online student) is going back to full capacity, in person classes in the fall.
Old 06-13-2021, 04:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My hubby has worked from home forever. First, being self-employed, and now doing online training.
It was hard when he had to have his workspace in our bedroom, but thankfully, in our house now he has an office upstairs
Old 06-15-2021, 12:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I had a job (receptionist) that was not possible to do remotely at the beginning of the pandemic but I was able to do most of my tasks or adapt while we were all sheltering in place.

Last fall, I took a new permanently remote job with a company located in a different state. Unbeknownst to me, I was their first "remote" guinea pig. They'd had an office pre-pandemic but had all been WFH since March 2020 and once they brought me on board as their first out-of-state employee to test out what it would be like for them logistically/financially, they got rid of their office permanently and officially become remote-only. Since then, they've hired 5 more employees who all live out of state from the original office/employees, and it's worked out fine.

I've wanted to work remotely for the last several years so the pandemic/WFH crisis was actually a bit of a silver lining for me.
Old 06-15-2021, 01:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My husband is still working from home, though his department needs at least 60% to start reporting back 3-4 days a week. As he is a team lead, he is going to have to start reporting more often. He is not excited, he LOVES working from home - he has been more productive this last year than ever... no one constantly stopping at his desk to talk. He is on the phone constantly, though.
Old 06-15-2021, 03:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
My husband is still working from home, though his department needs at least 60% to start reporting back 3-4 days a week. As he is a team lead, he is going to have to start reporting more often. He is not excited, he LOVES working from home - he has been more productive this last year than ever... no one constantly stopping at his desk to talk. He is on the phone constantly, though.
I agree that I have been more productive when it comes to certain tasks for sure.

I'm hoping we'll have a more flexible WFH policy, like typically, if we don't have programming happening, we don't need to be at the office, any data entry I could do from home, since we're statewide, we were holding most of our meetings over Zoom pre-pandemic. My first interview was over Zoom.

When I am "programming" for anyone curious what that means, we go into school classrooms and teach nutrition (MyPlate), have food tastings with the kids, talk about food safety and physical activity.

We do this w/ teens and adults too, but those classes also involve cooking, so we don't have a great timeline on when those will come back. So we've been teaching online, showing videos, doing the best we could.