Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Out of inspiration.

Although I used stuff all products, only the border is from SSD so I didn't wanna upload. Did want to share though, coz I love you guys so much and all
Old 06-22-2010, 08:41 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

u know, i think doing a page like this is one of the best ways to break a mojo-less run. Who cares what it looks like, just put all your feelings on a page and then move on. Hope it helps you!

Oh and i can totally relate to the showing/not showing real life friends/family your stuff. I dont share my layouts with any of my family really. They arent interested, and dont get why im "decorating" my photos. lol. My layouts are for me, and my son. I just want to make sure all the stories are recorded so when im old and grey ill still remember them!
Old 06-22-2010, 10:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

You can screen what your facebook friends can see I'm sure. I bet someone will be able to tell you how to do it. Just not me, LOL.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
You can screen what your facebook friends can see I'm sure. I bet someone will be able to tell you how to do it. Just not me, LOL.
Jac - I think she meant that everyone has the actual link to her gallery here at SSD (since she mentioned changing her username)... not 100% sure though!

Ebs - I totally get where you are coming from. I don't know why, but I feel silly sharing stuff with people who know me. I always think they are going to judge me, where internet friends won't because they "get" why I scrap, you know??

Huge fan of:

Old 06-23-2010, 04:31 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I really understand how you feel, ebony...
No one of my friend, even long time friends, and no one in my family have my blog address or have never seen any of my page... Just my bf, but he's a photographer, and an artist, and he's really into web and forums too, so he gets that.
But I'd feel so bad if someone would reach me even in this virtual life I have... I know its stupid, but my family doesn't even is on my Facebook, and they know why, I just need to keep lifes separate, to feel more free to say whatever I need and when I need.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:29 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Yep Jade.. that's whats happened. Ah well, what's done is done.
Glad I'm not the only one who likes to keep things separate.
I feel less freaky now.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I show mine on FB but only to my online friends. My parents don't know why I do this, to them its nothing but a time consumer. BLAH.

HUGS.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I know how you feel... even DH wants to know why I need to scrap... hello? We take tons of pics, but don't print them. If not for my layouts, which end up in photobooks, we'd have no "physical" pictures at all.

I really love this layout too... been there! Thanks for sharing it Ebony!

Returning from a long scrapping hiatus!
Old 06-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I know it's too late now, but -- FaceBook is *not*, by any means, a place to post something you don't want everybody to see. I sometimes get to places where I have no right to be, like photo galleries of people I don't know, because the security issues are so complicated at FB that most people have gaps in their settings. I have tried to restrict all possible things, but still I only post totally harmless things there as most of my colleagues are there and I don't care for most of them to know too much about me.

I've only ever used one and only nick ever, the one of Helen Vader, except that nobody was ever curious enough to look for my fandom activities, fanfiction writing and most of all, my posts in any forums. I did the exception for my blog (even if personal posts were locked and visible to a couple of people), because I didn't want my RL friends to know about it.

And yes, I do understand the importance of online friends when it comes to hobbies - most of my RL friends are great people, but they don't get what I do for hobbies, and it must bore them to tears when I talk about it, so it's a better choice to have an online community that understands.

I do hope it turns well for you, you're one of my fave layout artists, your work is fresh, fun and full of talent. Good luck, Ebony!

P.S. If it's worth anything, even this black layout of yours is really good.

Last edited by adrianka; 06-23-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:34 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

:-* completely understand! i have chosen not to upload certain pages to fb because of one or two people i thought may see it.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Skype™ to DeepGirl

Oh my, I am so sorry for you! Shortly after you had joined SSD you caught my attention. You remind me myself when I was at your age with a difference that now there are many more possibilities and chances for creative youth than it was 10 years ago - in 1998 there was a very slow internet, of course no scrapbooking communities, no online tutorials... oh, if I could turn back time!

Do what you love and share it with those who understand, then you will avoid frustration. E.g. my family has never had understanding for my creative mojo. I wanted to study marketing & advertisement design at the university. I was admited as one of 20 successfuly applicants amongst more than 600. However, they insisted for me to choose either the law faculty or the management faculty as they thought being a designer is a crap. As a young, stupid and obeying daughter I agreed to study the law. I think I would have been unhappy in my life, so I got a compensation in meeting my husband there

Anyway, back to the family. They still don't understand what a single CREATIVITY means to me, that it is a complete relax and satisfaction and fullfilment for me. I did get NO (and when I say no it was NO) support and understanding from my mom (who has become so posh in recent years) when I offered my friends, the U.S. band Ceili Rain a complete CD artwork as a form of my "sponsorship" for their album "I MADE LEMONADE". She wandered why I was doing this for FREE and she really did not even try to understand what it means for me. If I had a child who would be an artist and get his/hers artwork released internationally, I would be proud for him/her, I would definitely ask for one copy of the CD (she did NOT) and carry it with me and show it to all my friends - look, MY CHILD has done this.

Recently I have "melt" her a bit here and bit there when I did some layouts for her, but generally, she still thinks it's a kitschy way to deal with photos and that a simple photo album is a best way to preserve memories... hmpf...

SO... Ebs, HOLD ON, you'll always have a little place in my heart, you're so sweet and talented and I see a great future for ya!

Last edited by DeepGirl; 06-24-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:41 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

see... this is why I love you girls so much.
I'm going to spend the weekend scrapping. Thanks for the encouragement and understanding You guys are true friends xx