Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2010, 08:09 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default LOST 5/19 spoilers

Fabulous episode...

WHAT is Ben up too?..has this new repentant Ben we've been seeing all season just a show...is he really going to help Flocke?

I'm anxious about Richard..I don't think he's dead at all though.

I got all teary-eyed during the scene with Jacob when he was explaining "why them"...b/c with all the mythology of this show..i think for me it all comes down to these characters that I've grown to love. Of course it's Jack...it was always meant to be Jack..he finally truly gets to save them all..or the ones who are left.

I ♥ Desmond.

I just can't express how much I'm going to miss this show. I was remembering last night when DH and I watched the pilot 6 years ago...I had seen the previews for the show and told him "it's got that guy who played the hobbit in LOTRs...it looks pretty interesting" lol!

Little did I know how obsessed I'd get with it lol

Don't forget the finale runs for 2 1/2 hours this Sunday night and I think all weekend ABC is running LOST specials including the enhanced Pilot before the finale.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We loved this episode! It is finally all coming together. I can't believe that it will be done so soon! Thank God for episodes on DVD!!!!

I don't know what is going on with Ben.....I have never been a fan of him. My husband likes his character. Very interesting to say the least.

I got teary eyed at the fire seen with Jacob too. I love the "why". And can I just say that I am totally loony over Sawyer???? Seriously.....I think he may need a hug from me.....and maybe a kiss???? *swoon* I don't think my husband will mind! LOL

We got our DVR set for the final show and all the specials! So exciting and sad at the same time.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I knew it would be Jack!!

WTHeck Ben ... he was in an almost zombie trance.

Where is Desmond???
Old 05-19-2010, 12:32 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

LOOOOOVED this episode!!!

I agree that Richard is probably not dead. I hope not! He deserves a better ending than that lol!

The fire scene where Jacob explained everything was amazing. I got goosebumps!!!

As for Ben, I'm pretty sure he's conning FLocke and he will get his redemption moment at the end just like Sayid did. He's a master manipulator and an expert at self-preservation. After seeing what happened to Richard, and knowing there was nowhere to run to, clearly the only option was to play the game. The "I'm a way better manipulator than you and I'm going to prove it and you're going to pay!" kind of game. Ben must have been pissed at having been manipulated so well by Flocke - I think he's going to ultimately get his revenge.

Shooting Widmore was obviously easy for him but I got the impression there was more to it. I think he was trying to prevent Widmore from giving FLocke the whole secret. I don't think Widmore had a chance to finish what he was saying . . . or at least that's what I'm hoping!

I'm dying to know who let that rope down for Desmond!

Last edited by mishou; 05-19-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishou View Post
LOOOOOVED this episode!!!

I agree that Richard is probably not dead. I hope not! He deserves a better ending than that lol!

The fire scene where Jacob explained everything was amazing. I got goosebumps!!!

As for Ben, I'm pretty sure he's conning FLocke and he will get his redemption moment at the end just like Sayid did. He's a master manipulator and an expert at self-preservation. After seeing what happened to Richard, and knowing there was nowhere to run to, clearly the only option was to play the game. The "I'm a way better manipulator than you and I'm going to prove it and you're going to pay!" kind of game. Ben must have been pissed at having been manipulated so well by Flocke - I think he's going to ultimately get his revenge.

Shooting Widmore was obviously easy for him but I got the impression there was more to it. I think he was trying to prevent Widmore from giving FLocke the whole secret. I don't think Widmore had a chance to finish what he was saying . . . or at least that's what I'm hoping!

I'm dying to know who let that rope down for Desmond!
I agree about him shooting Widmore..and that Ben is probably doing the manipulating thing again...he's just so good at it it's hard to tell lol...

Oh and best line of the night...when Miles asked Ben.."Is this your secreter room?" lol I really like his character..I wish there had been more time to explore his "gift" and story.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post

Oh and best line of the night...when Miles asked Ben.."Is this your secreter room?" lol I really like his character..I wish there had been more time to explore his "gift" and story.
I agree. I also like the line where Danielle said "even if we have to kidnap you". Made me giggle.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

I knew it was Jack all along.
I don't think that Richard is dead...or at least I really hope not.

I'm going to really really miss this show. I've grown to love all the characters so much that I don't know what I'm going to do once it's all over. It really makes me sad.

I know Saturday they are showing the pilot.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:41 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

I agree. I also like the line where Danielle said "even if we have to kidnap you". Made me giggle.

yes there were a lot of great lines in this episode!! i love miles. i hope they have something planned for him in the finale . . .
Old 05-19-2010, 07:43 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

have you guys seen this video from EW.com? i laughed SO hard!!!!

funny video with Jacob and MIB

(no spoilers, just the actors discussing the Across the Sea episode and what they think about the characters, etc.)
Old 05-19-2010, 09:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
Me too. I kind of wonder this about a lot of characters. There seem to be a lot of characters that were brought on and then kind of forgotten. Like Illana or Frank the pilot? Or what about Claire? Was there even a reason they kept her off the show? Because they haven't really done much with her other than being crazy.

I don't know, I haven't been wowed really by this season so it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out in the end.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Brooke W

let me say that i was not happy to know that the finale was NOT this episode, but is on Sunday. I'm obviously not enough of a Lostie to've known that before seeing this past episode,lol. I felt so deceived,lol.
So it seems i get to practice using the Dish dvr we just upgraded to to tape this,lol.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm REALLY hoping that Jack's wife in the ATL is Juliet..that's my guess anyway...there's really no one else that would make sense there...I think they've made too much of a point of NOT showing her so far for it to be his ex-wife.

And I LOVED LOVED that Hurley in the ATL seemed to be completely aware of the island...and Ana Lucia's little appearance was great too. This whole episode was so good...

Old 05-20-2010, 07:03 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm
Default Theories and Possible Finale Snack party ideas

Oh wow - I love LOST. So bitter-sweet with the finale being this weekend. Planning on having a big LOST finale party. I had a lot of fun coming up with snacks when it premiered for the season - even made an airplane out of rice krispys. Yeah I am dork like that. You will soon know that as you get to know me better.

Lost party snacks! Carrots with Dharma Ranch dressing (For Hurley) Dharm PB on crackers (For Charlie and Claire) Main food: Chicken Fingers served in Mr. Cluckey's logo can (Hurley) and then we also had fish (main staple of the item) & rice

Quote:
As for Ben, I'm pretty sure he's conning FLocke and he will get his redemption moment at the end
I totally agree - I don't think Ben is evil. He is kinda just playing the game right now "Do you want some lemonade?" Ba ha ha ha.

I have been thinking a lot about writing down all my Finale theories. One of them is that the Mother from the previous episode was actually the Smoke Monster? Any takers on that one? And then Man in Black (whom has no name) ended up taking her place. Remember when MIB killed her - she said thank you? If she isn't the smoke monster kind then how in the world did she fill in that well so fast and kill all those people?

Anyhoo I thought the last episode was genius w/ lots of Ironic LOST humor right down to the generic Bran flakes. I guess I wasn't the only one who laughed that up because I about died laughing reading Jeff Jensen's blurb on it from Totally Lost. Check it out-- "What they died for"

Last edited by tessfull; 05-20-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:47 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

OMG! those snacks! totally cracking up over here. the labels are just brilliant. will you be doing it again for the finale!?

i agree with you nikki that Juliet makes sense as David's mother. and then she'll meet Sawyer at the concert and they'll have their moment . .. eek! i can't wait!

everytime i think of a character having their "island vision" i see this picture in my head:

there's a comedian at this website that does really funny Lost episode recaps and every time Desmond manages to make someone get the 'visions' she shows that image and it just cracks me up everytime. thought i'd share. it makes the desmond experience more fun lol!
Old 05-21-2010, 09:30 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
OMG! those snacks! totally cracking up over here. the labels are just brilliant. will you be doing it again for the finale!?
Yeah we are having a finale party with a few friends. Not quite sure what I'll pull together. An island luau kinda theme maybe. I'm going to make hubby go shoot a wild boar & then we going to make some ribs :-) LOL - I'll have to to check out that comedian. The totally Lost guys always do funny videos also.

Anyone else planning on doing a finale party? Just curious??
Old 05-21-2010, 01:49 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Oh my gosh, those Lost party snacks are too fun!

Did anyone here check out the Lost issue of Entertainment Weekly (it was the May 14th issue)? There was a great article in there about how the show started and it pretty much confirmed that a ton of what has happened was never part of any overall game plan - they just made it up as they went. Like it said when they did the pilot, they didn't even know that Locke was going to be a guy in a wheelchair - that was decided during the writing of the later scripts.

It also said that in the writers' room if someone said "Wouldn't it be cool if we...?" and the answer was Yes, then it got worked into the show. Just thought it was interesting to see that in print because it definitely explains why there's so many mysteries and things that were important at one time but got dropped as the show progressed. I think they probably had a ton of ideas that eventually didn't work into their endgame once they were given the end date for the show.