Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default downloads fixed yet?

I have been having problems with the site but did not realize the downloads from last week were bad too until I went to extract them on Friday. There were multiple corrupted files and some didnt contain any files at all. I tried re-downloading and got some of the files but always had the issues with corrupted files with each download. I tried from a different browser and different computer and that did not help. Im even having issues on my IPOD accessing the site.

Here is what it says when I tried to extract the files from Jenn's new kit this week:

! C:\Users\Jessica\Downloads\jbarrette_growingsometh inggood_ep.zip: CRC failed in jbarrette_growingsomethinggood_ep\jbarrette_grow_a lpha_brown.png. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\Jessica\Downloads\jbarrette_growingsometh inggood_ep.zip: CRC failed in jbarrette_growingsomethinggood_ep\jbarrette_grow_a lpha_cream.png. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\Jessica\Downloads\jbarrette_growingsometh inggood_ep.zip: CRC failed in jbarrette_growingsomethinggood_ep\jbarrette_grow_a lpha_green.png. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\Jessica\Downloads\jbarrette_growingsometh inggood_ep.zip: CRC failed in jbarrette_growingsomethinggood_ep\jbarrette_grow_b anner.png. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\Jessica\Downloads\jbarrette_growingsometh inggood_ep.zip: CRC failed in jbarrette_growingsomethinggood_ep\jbarrette_grow_c onfetti.png. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\Jessica\Downloads\jbarrette_growingsometh inggood_ep.zip: CRC failed in jbarrette_growingsomethinggood_ep\jbarrette_grow_d irt.png. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\Jessica\Downloads\jbarrette_growingsometh inggood_ep.zip: CRC failed in jbarrette_growingsomethinggood_ep\jbarrette_grow_f abricpiece.png. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\Jessica\Downloads\jbarrette_growingsometh inggood_ep.zip: CRC failed in jbarrette_growingsomethinggood_ep\jbarrette_grow_f lower1.png. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\Jessica\Downloads\jbarrette_growingsometh inggood_ep.zip: CRC failed in jbarrette_growingsomethinggood_ep\jbarrette_grow_f rame1.png. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\Jessica\Downloads\jbarrette_growingsometh inggood_ep.zip: CRC failed in jbarrette_growingsomethinggood_ep\jbarrette_grow_m easuringtape.png. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\Jessica\Downloads\jbarrette_growingsometh inggood_ep.zip: CRC failed in jbarrette_growingsomethinggood_ep\jbarrette_grow_n otepaper.png. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\Jessica\Downloads\jbarrette_growingsometh inggood_ep.zip: CRC failed in jbarrette_growingsomethinggood_ep\jbarrette_grow_s eedpack1.png. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\Jessica\Downloads\jbarrette_growingsometh inggood_ep.zip: CRC failed in jbarrette_growingsomethinggood_ep\jbarrette_grow_s tring1.png. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\Jessica\Downloads\jbarrette_growingsometh inggood_ep.zip: CRC failed in jbarrette_growingsomethinggood_ep\jbarrette_grow_s tring2.png. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\Jessica\Downloads\jbarrette_growingsometh inggood_ep.zip: CRC failed in jbarrette_growingsomethinggood_ep\jbarrette_grow_s tring3.png. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\Jessica\Downloads\jbarrette_growingsometh inggood_ep.zip: CRC failed in jbarrette_growingsomethinggood_ep\jbarrette_grow_t ape.png. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\Jessica\Downloads\jbarrette_growingsometh inggood_ep.zip: CRC failed in jbarrette_growingsomethinggood_ep\jbarrette_grow_w ordstrips.png. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\Jessica\Downloads\jbarrette_growingsometh inggood_ep.zip: CRC failed in jbarrette_growingsomethinggood_ep\thankyou_jbarret te.jpg. The file is corrupt

So there are multiple files which are not downloading right. One of my downloads was disabled because I tried so many times to get it. I am going to try a different site to see if it is actually my computer having issues and will respond whether I had the same issues again.

If it isnt straightened out Ill give it a few days and retry downloading. If anyone has tried something that worked (like a different browser or disabling/enabling something) please let me know!! Ive deleted my entire history, cache, cookies, recycle bin...I have used firefox & internet explorer...Ive tried it on my laptop and desktop....Ive tried updating firefox.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 04-03-2011, 10:59 AM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

If you contact jenn I'm sure she'll give you a link for that alpha (and whatever else is messed up) I dl'd and extracted that file yesterday OK. I'm pretty sure 99% of t he DL issues are now fixed at this point. It's possible you re-dl'd while things were still being wonky yesterday.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Its not just Jenn's kit that is downloading like that unfortunately it is every file Ive attempted since last week. I know how much of a pain the site issues have been for Robin and the tech people and dont want to add to that by contacting every designer to ask for the files that are missing. Ill try again later and see if they are working then because that file I just downloaded a few minutes ago and it is still messed up for me. Thanks though Lauren!! Im glad that the issues are getting fixed!! I can only imagine how frustrating they all must have been

Old 04-03-2011, 11:07 AM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

I assure you we don't mind trying to help/getting you links LOL we want you to have your goodies too! <3
Old 04-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

OK just wanted to update again...I had some templates to download at another site and had the same corrupted file issues there. So its not just here that Im having the issues. I dont have access to another internet service provider because everyone I know uses the same provider I do. I could try to take it to a store that offers free wi/fi service and see if it works there. Ive never used the wi/fi in a store so Im not sure how that works but if it would give more info to see if it is a service issue I could try!!

Old 04-03-2011, 11:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm still having the same issues...and here only. I know Robin and everyone is working hard to figure it all out, but I wanted to let you know you aren't alone.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:44 AM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica31876 View Post
OK just wanted to update again...I had some templates to download at another site and had the same corrupted file issues there. So its not just here that Im having the issues. I dont have access to another internet service provider because everyone I know uses the same provider I do. I could try to take it to a store that offers free wi/fi service and see if it works there. Ive never used the wi/fi in a store so Im not sure how that works but if it would give more info to see if it is a service issue I could try!!
eep! I'm sorry other sites aren't working either :[ I hope you can figure out what is wrong with your computer!! <3
Old 04-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirScrapalot View Post
I'm still having the same issues...and here only. I know Robin and everyone is working hard to figure it all out, but I wanted to let you know you aren't alone.
Hi. Me too. Last weeks and this week purchases. I am sure it will be resolved soon.
.. I have not been having issues with other sites... not that I shop anywhere else... now I feel guilty!
Old 04-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Thanks Aaron...I read the other threads and saw alot of people were able to get theirs now so wasn't sure if it was just me or not.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

OK One more update:

I went to a different store and bought a small kit and it downloaded fine. Im not sure if that info helps Robin or not. I can message her the store names to see if there is some common link between SSD and the other store that I had corrupted files from. Still not sure what could be the problem. I know it is frustrating for me because Im also not really sure if it could be an internet issue so I can only imagine it is frustrating for Robin to!! If I do go out I will bring my computer with me to try the downloads and see if the site works better in the store then at home and update with that info

Old 04-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I just wanted to point out for anyone who can't get their downloads of my products to work, PLEASE contact me. I'm more than happy to get you an outside link. It's no problem AT ALL, so don't feel like you're being a pain or anything.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I can shop just fine last night, yay!! I downloaded two kits and extract them just fine. However one of my order status is still 'Queued'. Is this part of the site issues? Thank you so much Robin & La!
Old 04-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Yeah for those of you still missing downloads or still downloading and getting corrupt files for everything you're trying to download, you're in that very very small group of people who are having issues that we still don't know how to solve.

PLEASE PLEASE feel free to contact the designer whose files you're missing with your order number so they can get you offsite links to download your goodies. We definitely want you to have your stuff.

Also, if a net cafe or wi-fi ends up working for you, please let me know!

R
Old 04-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

it might be a serve/ISP thing with the other store having a problem as well..I know a few stores used to have the same server (ssd, tdc, and shabby pickle i believe to name a few)

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 04-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I still can't get anything to unzip correctly and I just tried downloading again at 7:00 p.m. EST Sunday night...I'm on Road Runner if that narrows anything down? Oh and I still can't quick reply and images are messed up still too for me. Is that fixed for anyone else? Just wanted to report from this side of the cyber world

kit used for siggie "Kona Coast" by Julie Billingsley
Old 04-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Still having issues here too with some images. Its not all images though which is weird. And that is only at digi-scrapping sites that Im having issues. I checked some other sites to see if they worked and they had all their images displayed right. Im kinda at a loss as to whether it is something on my end or not now. I am too with roadrunner (well brighthouse) but have a roadrunner email because brighthouse used to be roadrunner here.

Old 04-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just had it pop up on another digi site as well...the image stuff, not sure about the download issues.

Editing to add: I just encountered the download issue with files from The Daily Digi, but not with other files I downloaded from other sources.

Last edited by SirScrapalot; 04-03-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

me too...I sent a PM to Robin because I figured that info might help her pinpoint any issues if they were on her end. One problem though I am writing this from the McDonalds by my house and I just tested three seperate downloads while here and they all worked great. So maybe the issue is somewhere between the sites I am having problems with and the internet service I use? It defenitely is not my computer since it worked fine up here. Im going to test it again in a few minutes at my father-in-laws house since he uses the same provider I do. If there are issues there I will be calling my provider to find out if there is something going on with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirScrapalot View Post
I just had it pop up on another digi site as well...the image stuff, not sure about the download issues.

Editing to add: I just encountered the download issue with files from The Daily Digi, but not with other files I downloaded from other sources.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm still having problems with my orders from last week and this week too. (I have Comcast for internet)
I don't have any issues with any other sites, just this one...
I even switched antivirus companies the past week and the issue didn't fix from one week to another. I tried disabling firewall, clearing my cache (temp files) and everything. I don't know what the issue could be. It's so weird...

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 04-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

What internet service do you use Aaron? Im just curious if you use the same one as Amy and I maybe it is an issue there?

Old 04-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I use Comcast too. I do remember though that in our previous discussions about it that it was from a variety of providers.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Hrm... - going to direct Jason to this thread. It's soo soo weird. The fact that you can download fine from McDonalds but not your house is so strange Jessica. It's mind boggling really : /
Old 04-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, Robin, this is seriously mind boggling. I am googling and trying things like crazy to try and figure it out, but it just keeps getting stranger and stranger.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:54 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

OK tried from my father-in-laws house and I just downloaded it just fine here. He suggested I reboot my router which I will try when I get home. So that kinda tells me it is not the ISP. I just dont know what is going on. It is really weird and I think I have tried just about everything I could think of that could be doing it. I tried googling today too and checked forums over at DST and at my internet providers site to see if they were having any issues reported and did not see anything at any of them.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am on Comcast too. I may take my laptop to a wifi place and try DL somewhere else.

Just for diagnostic purposes, on my Android, I still get pixelated LOs(sporadically) even when on 3G and not using wifi.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm from Holland and I have problems for a week now. My husband downloaded last weeks goodies at work and there everything went fine. When I try to unzip files at home I get corrupted files. Yesterday I bought some new goodies (I couldn't resist) and again the files are corrupt. I've sent a pm to the designers for an off-site link. I already got a respons from one and I could download the file just fine.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:08 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I reset my modem and router and that did not help anything.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just noticed that the Lilypad is having the same issues.
I didn't buy anything, but on the shop site they mention the same problems as SSD is experiencing with the corrupt files.
Their site also looks wonkey...
Old 04-04-2011, 02:58 AM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

It's definitely something going on with the servers, I wonder if they've updated their software recently?
Old 04-04-2011, 04:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJM View Post
I just noticed that the Lilypad is having the same issues.
I didn't buy anything, but on the shop site they mention the same problems as SSD is experiencing with the corrupt files.
Their site also looks wonkey...
Yes. TLP is another site I'm having a few problems with too.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Never had a single problem, but I just had issues with my normal bookmark not getting me to the forums. Had to go to the main page and come in through there. Gave my heart a bit of a blip.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Hey guys,

Jason says there is a fix in place for those of you who were having download issues. Will one of you who was, log into your account and download from your order history to give it a try and let me know the results?

Thanks!
R
Old 04-04-2011, 10:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yèèèh it worked! I could download a file and unzip without an error code. The file is not corrupted.

A big applause!

I'm going to try the others to and will let you know the result...
Old 04-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

mine just downloaded fine. I tried two files I had not downloaded yet and they both worked. THANK YOU!!

I'm still having issues with the forums displaying right though. Pictures coming all pixelated/missing half the picture.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Yeah the fix in place is just to get you guys your downloads correctly. There is still some issue with information not transmitting fully to you handful of troublemakers. We're still working on that.

Thanks again for your patience guys!

R
Old 04-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've downloaded 5 files now and they are all ok.

Thank you!
Old 04-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Defenitely appreciate that!! I was just so confused as to what was going on once I went to my father-in-laws and was able to download ok there because he uses the same internet service I do. I was kinda convinced it had to be something going on with my internet service up to that point! Glad you were able to resolve part of the issue though and hopefully the rest will be easy to figure out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
Yeah the fix in place is just to get you guys your downloads correctly. There is still some issue with information not transmitting fully to you handful of troublemakers. We're still working on that.

Thanks again for your patience guys!

R

Old 04-04-2011, 12:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I get an error message when I'm trying to download the file...
Old 04-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I get that message sometimes too. If you just click the X in the corner of the message and then click the link again it usually goes through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylensmom View Post
I get an error message when I'm trying to download the file...

Old 04-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I cannot even log in now...
Old 04-04-2011, 01:59 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I've tried downloading from the email I got, and from my account page, and neither works. I did manage to download the files from Vintage Carnivale last night, but all the files were corrupted.

Not sure what to do, now.

Also, I can no longer log in.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:25 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

I haven't had any problems from home or work except on saturday when everyone was. However.. now.. the forum is all kinds of wonky for me.. there's no ssd images at all.. jsut big red x's. Which is not a big deal, just letting you guys know