Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-05-2011, 11:06 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm
Default DH saved the day

So, I have been MIA and very sad for a few weeks because my laptop crashed. Everything was on there including all my scrapbook supplies and albums. I had literally just finished a 50 page baby album for my SIL and then the next day it wouldn't boot up. I had only backed up a few things on my EHD months ago. I am still a baby digiscrapper so I had to learn the hard way apparently. Well, dh saved the day last night by buying some thingy at Compusa and getting ALL my files off of the laptop and on to our PC. I am on cloud nine. Oh... I can't wait to get home from work and start scrapping again.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Hooray Hubby!!

Now. Back that stuff ASAP! Get an EHD, or sign up for an online service, or burn 85490849023 DVD's. Just do it!
Old 04-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wonderful! I'm so glad you got everything back that you wanted

I feel your pain - my desktop just died last week - it's only about 8 months old and still under warantee thank goodness because the motherboard is dead as a doornail. My brother was able to save all files that were in folders, so that's good. Thankfully I also had my digi kits on my laptop since I scrap on that also. I need to consider getting an EHD... I do back up my photos to DVD once a month, but it's scary when that happens!
Old 04-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

that's so cool! congrats!
Old 04-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Yeah for your hero hubby! I can only imagine how heartsick you were about thinking you'd lost everything . . . I did that way back in the day when I hardly had anything on mine & it just about put me over the edge. Unfortunately, stuff like this is what makes most of us take steps to prevent it from happening again!

My Blog: Quantum Leaps
Old 04-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You are so lucky he was able to save it! I've had a few friends who have had problems lately and lost their pictures, etc for good.

I love our online backup! We've gone through Carbonite, Mozy, and now are switching to Backblaze. Carbonite was amazing and we had to do a complete restore a couple of times (our computer was having problems and we had to send it back and forth and have people come to try to repair it, until they just gave us a new one). I couldn't have been happier. Then DH wanted to start thinking ahead to how we would back up extra harddrives, so we switched to Mozy. I never had to restore my files through Mozy, but it didn't work as smoothly as Carbonite and I found myself constantly cursing it. I still do, since we got Backblaze a couple of months before our Mozy subscription was up so that we could stay completely backed up during the transition. So far I like how it runs better than Mozy, but our initial backup isn't even done. $5 a month is soooo worth the security!

Recently I've had the urge to make DVDs of our photos, or at least my RAW files. I would just hate to lose the pictures that bring back so many memories. We are already looking into external harddrives too, but figure we don't want to kill our computer by doing our Backblaze initial backup, Mozy backup (because we want a full backup available), and add an external to the mix.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That is AWESOME!! Yay!!! My hubby was able to save my stuff last fall... oh, what a scary feeling when that computer doesn't start up!
Old 04-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Susan Bartolini

Yay for your hubby!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am the WORST at not backing up!!!! And I blame mu hubby because, knock on wood, he's always been able to save my files.it's given me a false sense of security! Putting back up files on my to do list!