Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-29-2013, 12:26 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default Scrap 4 Hire advice?

I paper scrap for hire for a close friend and have been doing it for years. While she still wants me to paper scrap, I have had a lot of interest and people asking me about digital scrapping for them. Now, when it comes to digital though, I have no idea how to price out my work. I charge 7.00 per single page + supplies when paper scrapping, which I buy and she reimburses me for. Now with digital though, I am not sure what to do! I am thinking I will leave my price pretty similar per page but then would you have the customer make a wish list of kits they like and have them purchase them to keep it all separate? I would really appreciate any input any of you would have for me!! Thank you in advance!
Old 07-29-2013, 12:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Well... you might want to double check this, but I believe most designers here who even allow S4H tend to require you purchase the kit every time you use it, so I would think your price would need to increase. But I don't think many allow it here. Let me go double check that.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 07-29-2013, 01:20 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Here's the portion of our storewide TOU that relates to S4H:

LIMITED PROFESSIONAL USE/SCRAP FOR HIRE:
YOU MAY create custom, one-of-a-kind layouts or other craft items for individual clients to be delivered to the client in printed or flattened .jpg form without asking permission or purchasing an additional license.
YOU MAY use MOST of our items for SCRAP FOR HIRE. (The only items excluded from S4H use are Perfect Pairs (collabs with outside designers), brag books, quick pages, and any other pre-made page.)
YOU MAY NOT use our designs to start a web-based scrap for hire, graphic design, invitation, web/blog design, commercial blog, Etsy store or any other internet business.
YOU MAY NOT use our images or name to advertise your business in online marketing.
YOU MAY NOT use our designs to create pre-made pages or templates for sale at any online store, blog, or auction sites. This includes (but is not limited to) quick pages, blog templates, and premade cards/invites/announcements. Our products may only be used to create original, unique designs that are created as a custom design for your customer. Please note: simply changing a customer’s name and event info on an existing design is NOT a custom, one of a kind design.
YOU MAY NOT use our items for the purpose of web design or web templates without permission. This includes, but is not limited to, eBay product pages or eBay about me pages, ETSY storefronts, My Space Layouts, WordPress Themes, Blogger Templates and the like. If you are interested in this type of use either commercially as a web designer or personally for your own blog, please contact our designers on an individual basis through our contact us page to discuss the proper licensing and/or request permission.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:23 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Oops, hit send too soon...

So, you can use most of our products for Scrap4Hire as you describe as long as they are custom pages for each person and not "quick pages" that you'd simply change out photos for.

Also, if you are the one using the kit, you need to be the one making the actual purchase so that there is no sharing of supplies.

Having said that, I'm not sure how to charge for something like that. I think your plan of 7 per page plus supplies sounds good. Will you be printing them for the customer or just giving them in flattened JPG format? If you are printing, you'll want to factor that in to your cost, I'd think.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:33 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the info! So I can use kits I have already purchased then as long as they are not collabs with outside designers? And I was going to leave it up to the customer to whether I had the pages printed for them or if they did it. I am guessing that they would rather have me do it, so would figure that into the cost! I will need to stock up on some Persnickety Prints credits next time they have a good deal! I had read the terms of use before, but sometimes I feel it is better to ask specifically instead of just assume Thanks for your help!