Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-02-2016, 08:50 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Game of Thrones (4/24 and 5/1 discussion)

Since I haven't seen one, and discussion must always be had.

There will be spoilers, so read at your own peril.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her

Last edited by MommaTrish; 05-02-2016 at 09:08 AM.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:50 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Old 05-03-2016, 10:24 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Okay, I'll start.

1. So, obviously yay for Jon Snow being alive, but...I can't help wondering. Will he be the same Jon Snow we remember, or will he be changed somehow?

2. Ramsay Bolton is the new Joffrey. So evil!

3. I'm so over the storyline with Arya. Something needs to happen there.

4. My favorite line from this season so far: "I drink, and I know things."

Last edited by kendallt; 05-03-2016 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I loved that line too Kendall!

I'm glad Jon's back, not a surprise. I did think the way they did it was a little lame. A sponge bath and a trim. Really?

Arya's story line is much better in the books, they could definitely move it along already.

I was happy to see Bran and crew back again. I liked the flashback.

I thought it was a little odd the way they introduced Euron, he literally came out of nowhere to kill Balon.

Ramsey is the worst. Hardcore evil.

I hope they keep Theon in the mix.

I think Tyrion's going to be a dragon master.

I still love the show but I'm really, really ready for the next book.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I want Ramsey dead, seriously, I can't stand him!!! He's even worse than Joffrey.
I want Tyrion to release the dragons so they can take Daenerys home
I think Arya will have her eyesight back and she'll become a great fighter and will eventually kill those in her "list".
I really hope that crazy religious crowd in King's landing will be punished and vanished soon.
I haven't read the books but my husband has and he's a fan. I watch the show with him since Season 1 and even though I like it, it's a bit too much for me (as long as "violence and gore" is concerned).
--
Mama to Albert
Old 05-03-2016, 12:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

So Tyrion is definitely at least part Targaryen, right?
And I loved the part where he went "the next time I have an idea like that punch me." Well, I loved that whole scene actually, especially his speech about wanting a dragon when he was a kid.

Old 05-03-2016, 12:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaTrish View Post
So Tyrion is definitely at least part Targaryen, right?
And I loved the part where he went "the next time I have an idea like that punch me." Well, I loved that whole scene actually, especially his speech about wanting a dragon when he was a kid.
Not definitely but it's a prominent theory that Daenerys, Tyrion, and Jon are all Targaryens. Tyrion's father being Aerys and John being the son of Rhaegar.

I agree, loved that whole scene.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I loooove Tyrion, specialy his "friendship" with Varys. Love wjen he was talking to the dragons.

Ramsey is waaaaaaaaay worst than Jeoffry. At least they had the "god taste" of not showing the dogs scene in all its gore.

I really though that Melissandre was going to give the necklace to John to bring him back to life while he was burning in a pyre or something... it was lame...

Arya, please die... I hate you.
Theon... I hate you too

Made using Selfie Addict by Digilicious Designs
Old 05-03-2016, 02:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Lol, Oriana, why do you hate Arya and Theon? I think they deserve some revenge for their misfortunes.
Yes, it's good they didn't show the dogs scene. It would have been too much for me. I usually turn away from such violent scenes.
--
Mama to Albert
Old 05-03-2016, 04:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm curious...does anyone know if the dog scene happened in the book? Cause sometimes I feel as if the show takes things a bit too far, in terms of the shock value.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I agree! I love the show, but sometimes, the violence is too over the top for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallt View Post
I'm curious...does anyone know if the dog scene happened in the book? Cause sometimes I feel as if the show takes things a bit too far, in terms of the shock value.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallt View Post
No, but he does just as bad or worse in the books.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes, it was lame....but still....any which way they bring Jon back is a good thing. i too think that he will be changed and probably have a darker side now.

Ramsay gives me the shivers and not in a good way. He is just so evil. Good character but so creepy. I agree, I'm glad they didn't show the dog scene, that was twisted.

I really feel sorry for Theon. No one deserves how he was treated. I think he's more than paid his debts and hopefully will find some revenge this season.

Can't wait for Daenerys to return and I'm so over the Arya storyline. She needs her sight back.

Can't wait for Sunday! We're having a movie marathon and Chinese food for Mother's Day but will stop the movies for GOT. Can't miss that!
Old 05-04-2016, 08:26 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
Can't wait for Sunday! We're having a movie marathon and Chinese food for Mother's Day but will stop the movies for GOT. Can't miss that!
That sounds so awesome!
Old 05-04-2016, 07:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default GoT

Tyrion is definitely one of my favorite characters. I love his humor. Varys and Tyrion are a good pair...they are going to do good things 'for the realm' I think. I love how they had the flash backs. I believe Jon Snow is a Targaryen--Rhaegar being his father and his mother is...can't remember her name right this minute; she is the aunt of Arya, Brandon, and Sansa which is why their father raised him.

The scenes with Melisandra were disappointing. They can't kill off Jon Snow, I like him too much!! I'm interested to see what they are going to do with Jon's and Daenerys' characters.

Ramsey is horrible; but I think eventually Sansa and Theon will make him pay.

I also wonder what is going to happen with Cersei...she can't sit back and do nothing...it's not in her nature.

I'm so over the story line with Arya, too. Rap it up already!!

Anyway, can't wait to see this week's episode. So nice that you are all talking about it here!!
Old 05-04-2016, 08:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I did kind of enjoy seeing Melisandra having a bit of a crisis of faith although now that she's brought Jon back, maybe she'll go back to being insufferable again.

I'm not loving the Arya storyline either -- I think they could be a lot more efficient telling that story or at least try to show SOME connection between what they ask her to do (wash bodies? sell oysters?) and something she is supposed to learn. It's just kind of annoying.

I'm also hoping we get some forward motion on the Bran story. Seems like he's been in that tree for a long, long time. I did enjoy the flashback and look forward to more of the back story, especially if some of the speculation about Jon Snow turns out to be true.

Please explain to me who, after I loathed Cersei for the last 5 season, I now feel sorry for her and want her to kick the High Sparrow's *ss?

I continue to love every scene Tyrion is in. That's just a great character and Peter Dinlage is amazing. He even go to be the hero!
Old 05-05-2016, 01:17 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I admit I was more concerned for Ghost then I was Jon Snow to be honest. I don't want to see another direwolf die. I knew he couldn't die when.. well he is pretty much the main character. I think Jon Snows first order of business is taking care of Olly. That kid has killed his true love and him. Tsk tsk! Thorne.. well send him on a ranging looking for white walkers, that will take care of that :P

As for Tyrion I do not believe he is a Targ but I do believe he will be a dragonrider. In Dangerous Women one of George's short stories about the history of the Targs there was a girl named Nettles and she brought a sheep to a surly nasty dragon called Sheepstealer for days on end. He eventually let her ride him and she was the only one to ride him that we know of. So since Tyrion is so gung ho about them eating I think he is going to bring food to them and much like dogs they will bond to the person There was a quote years ago where Martin said something like "imagine the chaos Tyrion would bring on a dragon"
As for Ramsey in the books he married a Northern Lady and he locked her in a room where she starved to death and ate her fingers. Although I think there is more to the story, he probably forced her to eat her fingers. Fat Walda is still alive but maybe she will meet her end in the next book. I really can't see Ramsey killing Roose Bolton in the books. Roose totally knew what his "bastard"son was like. He knew he killed his brothers years ago, no way Ramsey would get the upper hand over Roose who has somehow managed to finagle the whole north practically.