Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community

Old 12-05-2017, 02:26 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Qotd: Scrapping goals. Do you set yourself scrapping goals? (12/5)

Scrapping goals.
With the end of the year in sight and the new year nearly here, I want to know... Do you set yourself scrapping goals for 2018?

I don't do resolutions in general, but I do set myself some scrapping goals. My goals a few years ago were... scrap more pocket pages, scrap a PL album, scrap vacation albums etc...

How about you?
Do you set yourself scrapping goals?

Old 12-05-2017, 02:35 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Not usually but I am this year! We just got back from our Disneyland trip about 2 weeks ago and I'm planning to take my girls again at the end of May. I'm hoping to get the DL trip we just took scrapped before we go on the next one but I'm nervous b/c the last one was 80 pages long and took me FOREVER! This time I'm using a more simple method/templates so maybe just maybe I can do it. I've gotten 9 pages done so far so we shall see!
Old 12-05-2017, 02:50 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Wow Cassie. First of all, so fun that you are taken your girls again next year! And congrats on scrapping 9 pages already!

Old 12-05-2017, 09:24 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

For 2018, I'm doing the same thing I did for 2017 - more pocket style pages to get the smaller stories done or just get the photos with not much story printed, but nicer pages for favorites. I don't consider that a scrapping goal so much as basic album planning so I don't go too far off track.

I make lists for each album of the pages I want to do, with each page numbered so I can mark them off as I finish. I don't set goals, but now the number of albums I'm working on is so big, I'm trying to make myself finish up some older stuff for every newer page I want to do. And when things get close or close-ish with a major Shutterfly sale, I try and push myself to get it done and printed. Sales give me deadlines! Since it's just me I'm scrapping for, I try not to worry too much about setting bigger goals - I scrap too sporadically to try and hold myself to grand expectations. I haven't been posting in as many galleries, either; focusing on making rather than making and sourcing and linking has made me more efficient.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:12 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I guess I do. Here's what I'm planning for this year:

1. I want to finish PL 2017 and then do PL 2018. If all goes well, I'll switch over to 2018 around March.

2. I'm further behind on my non-pocket pages, but I'm hoping to finish January to April 2017 by January so I can print. Ideally I'd finish May to August by April and September to December by June, but I doubt I'll manage it. We'll see. As soon as I finish 2017, I'll move onto 2018. My problem right now is that it took me way too long to finish 2016, so I started 2017 later than I should have. I'm trying to make up for it now.

3. Make progress on a Disney book. I'm aiming for a 20-30 page book, and I only have about 3 pages done so far. I'm going to set aside one day a week that I only do Disney pages.

4. We go on vacation with my parents and siblings and their families in August. I want to try to work on the pages while we're still on vacation so that I can be ready to print a month or so later.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:29 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I do set goals, but they're pretty general, such as "finish 2017 before summer 2018"

I also set small, specific goals for certain albums, like a vacation album. I try to give myself a deadline, otherwise I lose interest and forget little details.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:32 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
I do set goals, but they're pretty general, such as "finish 2017 before summer 2018"

I also set small, specific goals for certain albums, like a vacation album. I try to give myself a deadline, otherwise I lose interest and forget little details.
What I do right after I get home from vacation is write a "tripreport". I sort out my photos and write down what I want to include in my journal.
So I don't have to think about the journal when I actually want to scrap the pages. Even if I scrap them a year later, I will still know all the details.

Old 12-05-2017, 11:38 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saar View Post
What I do right after I get home from vacation is write a "tripreport". I sort out my photos and write down what I want to include in my journal.
So I don't have to think about the journal when I actually want to scrap the pages. Even if I scrap them a year later, I will still know all the details.

I do this to.mostly i bring a notebook on vacation and at the end of tbe day look at the pictures i took that day en make a tr. So when i scrap it later i can journal from that.

Don't make scraplinggoals.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Sarah, that's a smart idea. I do sometimes journal about the trip in my regular journal, but this is very different from my scrapbook "voice" in my photobooks. I guess I need to keep both kinds of records. I also like to keep the feel of the trip fresh in my mind while I'm writing my journaling, to keep it authentic
Old 12-05-2017, 01:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I always try to stay caught up, but honestly this year I've been terrible and totally out of character for me, I've only scrapped 3 pages this year. I'm hoping to get sometime to get back into it this month. I've had some minor health issues this year and we bought a new house and sold our old ones, so things have been a little insane since May.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I do set scrapping goals. I may not meet them, but I get more pages done than if I don't have goals.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:11 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I don't normally set goals for my scrapping as I pop in and out of scrapbooking through the years, but this year I'd like to have some follow through.

I'm working on an album for my son's first year of life, so if nothing else I want that completed in September.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My goals for 2018 are pretty simple in nature.

1. I want to start doing Project Life again. I just sent my 2015 album to Blurb and got my shipping notice today! I love having the everyday stories captured in a yearly album, but considering it took me two years to finish my 2015 album, I'm looking to simplify this year and try not to get too bogged down in all the details (which is insanely hard for me since I'm such a detail oriented person). We'll see how it goes.

2. I want to get our 2017 Disney album scrapped. I've never done a Disney album before, but I'm excited to give it a go. I originally hoped I could have it done in time to give a copy to my mom as a Christmas gift, but that's definitely not going to happen. So, my new goal is going to be to have it done in time for her birthday in February.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My general goal for 2018 is to finish something.

I have 2 vacation albums half-done, one not started, and a couple of chronological albums almost done.

Oh, and to make all the cover pages for these albums.

That way when Shutterfly or whomever has some huge big sale I can finally have something printed.

I've been scrapping for almost 15 years and only have 3 Countdown to Christmas albums to show for it! I have literally 1000+ pages sitting on my hard drive.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:53 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

No I don't because I realized that when I do set goals for myself.....it blocks my creativity so I just go with the flow and see what happens