Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default What to do about my rubber stamps?

I really want to get my craft room clean and find space for the new supplies I've purchased to make hybrid crafts. I was looking at my old supplies and started thinking about getting rid of my old rubber stamps. I cringe at the thought because I spend hundreds of dollars on them and some are brand new. They're mostly Stampin' Up and they're good stamps, but I just haven't used them in forever.

Assuming I can bring myself to get rid of them, what should I do? Sell? I'm usually too lazy to do e-bay, but there are a lot of stamps. Give them away? To whom would I give them?

Or does anyone have an idea of how I can give them new life in my craft room? Could I combine them with my digi supplies and do something with them again?

TIA for your advice!
Old 08-05-2010, 01:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

well... for getting rid of... you could put an add on Craig's List... or to give away, I know that senior centers and domestic abuse safe houses love to get things like this.

You could always use your stamps for hybrid cards...
Old 08-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to sassynsweet

I would think that you could definitely use them with hybrid stuff, like when you make cards, or albums, or really anything you want to embellish. I am like you, I would have a very difficult time getting rid of them and I'm way too lazy to ebay, lol. If I did give them away it'd probably be to a friend or maybe a teacher, teacher can always use stuff like that.

Assuming you have the room, I'd hang on to them a bit and maybe make a point of trying to find a way to use them. You know or you could send them to me and i'll think of something for ya

:: Twitter :: My Blog ::

Last edited by sassynsweet; 08-05-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I sold most of mine on Craigslist after giving my Mom the ones that she liked and kept a few that I thought I might use... although, I haven't used them.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
You could always use your stamps for hybrid cards...
I used to make cards using my rubber stamps, but I never really got into it. There are a few I may keep for cards, but for the most part I don't think I'd use them for that.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'll take them off your hands. I'm pretty generous like that... :P

Seriously though, I LOVE stamps! You can TOTALLY use them for hybrid! Check out Jen Taplers gallery - she uses lots of stamps on her cards and they look amazing! She also did a series of Hot 4 Hybrid posts on the SSD Blog that show how to color in (digital) stamps, that would work well with real stamped images too.

Huge fan of:

Old 08-05-2010, 02:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to tettletop20 Send a message via Skype™ to tettletop20

I'd like to think you could sell them on craigslist to someone local or even someone here on the boards!
Old 08-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If you want to keep them but storage is a problem for you pull off all the rubber stamp part off the wooden blocks and store them in empty CD cases. Then you get to free up stacks of room but still keep what might be useful for you in the future. I keep all my rubber stamps and clear stamps in CD cases, also my thin dies as they fit in the cases too
Old 08-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie Girl View Post
If you want to keep them but storage is a problem for you pull off all the rubber stamp part off the wooden blocks and store them in empty CD cases. Then you get to free up stacks of room but still keep what might be useful for you in the future. I keep all my rubber stamps and clear stamps in CD cases, also my thin dies as they fit in the cases too
That's a good idea! It would be pretty ironic, though, when I think about all the time I spent cutting them out and putting them on the wooden blocks in the first place.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:03 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

So I am having the very same problem! I used to use my stamps all the time and it makes me sick to think of how much money I spent on them too. I keep thinking about just having a "crafts" sale (instead of a garage sale) or maybe just posting them on facebook too, just to see if anyone would be interested in buying them.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I would try craigslist or ebay to sell them. You could do it in one huge lot so you dont have to mess with a bunch of different auctions.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a BUNCH of rubber stamps ... 95% unmounted (unmounted all the SU and CTMH stamps manually) ... I plan on selling them at the LSS (local scrapbook store) during their garage sale (spent $10 on a table and they do all the work) ... they give you 100% of the proceeds in a store gift certificate.

A friend of mine tried selling them on ebay unmounted (and clearly stating as such in the description) but we had sale after sale fall through because people didn't READ the description...until time to pay.

I still print my layouts and require scrapbook and refill pages ...so this is a way to get new books and refills and not layout any cash ... thinking I will also sell my bind-it-all and get the new binding machine with the credit.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm in the same boat. Used to demo for SU and hoarded quite a bit. I have had lots of luck selling and trading on Splitcoaststampers. I'm holding onto a few oldies but goodies that I think I can use forever. But others I'm either selling or I've just started giving them away to friends of mine too. Some of them have young girls that are just starting the hobby so it's fun to help them out too. I know the Girls Scouts too take donations.