Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-29-2019, 11:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Fact Questions 03/29

Let's get to know each other a little better. Join in and answer these questions....
  1. What is something that made you happy this week?
  2. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
  3. Where would your dream vacation be?
  4. When was the last time you had a haircut?
Old 03-29-2019, 11:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What is something that made you happy this week?
My little doodle Taz came thru his dental surgery without any problems. I was so relieved. I knew the chance of complications was slim but still....it was so good to see him come running out to greet me when I picked him up Wed night.

Are you a morning person or a night owl?
It funny, b/c I used to be a night owl and my hubs would go to bed 3-4 hrs earlier than I would and get up hrs earlier than me. Somehow over the last couple of yrs that changed and now we're more in sync with our scheduled and I discovered I love being a morning person now.

Where would your dream vacation be?
Don't even have to think about it. African safari. My hubs has no interest in going but maybe I'll figure out a way some day (and get the money for it). I drool whenever I see photos from one. I want to take those pictures!

When was the last time you had a haircut?
Last week. I've been keeping it short and this time my stylist went a bit too short so I'm not crazy about the cut right now but that's ok, it'll grow in. I'm not stressed about it.
Old 03-29-2019, 11:25 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. What is something that made you happy this week?

Today is my son's birthday so this week has been all about celebrating him! Wednesday night was his party with his friends at a local trampoline park- they had a blast & it was so fun- even for us adults watching!

2. Are you a morning person or a night owl?

Night Owl- although once I'm up, I like having the entire day ahead of me!

3.Where would your dream vacation be?

Fiji or one of those huts out on the turquoise ocean with warm breezes & white sand!

4. When was the last time you had a haircut?

A LONG time ago- like 6 months at least- I have one scheduled next week!
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. What is something that made you happy this week? The sale of my second property closed after a rather lengthy process.
  2. Are you a morning person or a night owl? Night owl.
  3. Where would your dream vacation be? I love seeing new places, I have a huge list! Right now, I'd love to explore more of Europe. My goal is to at a minimum visit every country I have ancestral heritage. I can cross off France, Ireland and England. I still need to visit Germany, Armenia and Italy. I would also love to see Asia and Australia.
  4. When was the last time you had a haircut? About 6 months ago. My hair makes me super sad right now. The salon I went to over-processed it and it's so damaged that it's all broken off and is much shorter than I prefer.
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
My little doodle Taz came thru his dental surgery without any problems. I was so relieved. I knew the chance of complications was slim but still....it was so good to see him come running out to greet me when I picked him up Wed night.

It funny, b/c I used to be a night owl and my hubs would go to bed 3-4 hrs earlier than I would and get up hrs earlier than me. Somehow over the last couple of yrs that changed and now we're more in sync with our scheduled and I discovered I love being a morning person now.

Don't even have to think about it. African safari. My hubs has no interest in going but maybe I'll figure out a way some day (and get the money for it). I drool whenever I see photos from one. I want to take those pictures!

Last week. I've been keeping it short and this time my stylist went a bit too short so I'm not crazy about the cut right now but that's ok, it'll grow in. I'm not stressed about it.
SO glad his dental work went well! It's scary for dogs- I try to clean my Lucy's teeth at home, but she's not super cooperative!
Old 03-29-2019, 11:29 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. What is something that made you happy this week? My son had his last band performance last night. He has really loved playing the clarinet this year and he was so excited for their concert. It went so well! Much better than the first show of the year where they were still learning.

2. Are you a morning person or a night owl? Ugh...technically both. Sleep eludes me.

3. Where would your dream vacation be? Ireland. Gosh, I want to go so badly!

4. When was the last time you had a haircut? The beginning of March. I go every 8 weeks since I color my hair and I have an a-line cut and I like it tight in the back so once I feel my hair on my neck, it's got to go!

Old 03-29-2019, 11:32 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Rae - so glad your pup is a-ok!
Amie - Happy Birthday to your son!
Sheri - yay for selling your property (sounds like it was a good thing...lol)!

Old 03-29-2019, 02:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Finding that there are a few bakeries around that make French pastries like croissants. Of course nothing spectacular but it's something.

neither? LOL I'd rather get things done in the morning and just veg at night but I need a good shower before my mood switches.

Probably an all inclusive resort on the beach. I'm thinking Domenican Republic or Jamaica or Mexico again since I love their food so much.

Just a couple months ago when I knew we would move and I would lose my hairdresser. I hate finding a new hairstylist. It always takes time.
Old 03-29-2019, 05:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
SO glad his dental work went well! It's scary for dogs- I try to clean my Lucy's teeth at home, but she's not super cooperative!
Ya, something tells me that Taz is not going to be very cooperative LOL. I am going to give him little licks of the toothpaste followed by a treat, for the next 3 days and hopefully by next wk he will allow me to get a toothbrush in there for a few seconds. This wkend I need to find the smallest baby toothbrush I can find.
Old 03-29-2019, 05:37 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

What is something that made you happy this week? My grandkids started soccer and I really enjoy going and watching them plus I get to see them every week.

Are you a morning person or a night owl? Morning person -- getting up at 4:30 AM for so long that I can't sleep very late anyway.

Where would your dream vacation be? This is tough since I have so many places but Hawaii would be top of the list.

When was the last time you had a haircut? I go approximately every 4 weeks since I have very short hair plus I can't let the gray shine through.
Old 03-29-2019, 05:39 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

As a side note my little Teddy buddy (my little terrier dog) went for a dental cleaning last Friday and I have to admit I really was worried. This is our first inside dog and we have only had him 18 months so we did not know what to expect. He did great but he hates the dental chews as well as milk bones. Not sure how we can clean his teeth.
Old 03-29-2019, 05:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. What is something that made you happy this week? My daughter joining the football try out. She's not a fan of sports, but we try to make her play and run as much as possible for her physical health, so her wanting to join without us telling her is a good thing.

2. Are you a morning person or a night owl? Coffee. I'm a coffee person. As long as I have coffee, the time doesn't matter to me

3. Where would your dream vacation be? Paris. I have always dreamed of going to Paris someday.

4. When was the last time you had a haircut? Does cutting my own hair counts? I had an injury in January and I cannot go to the salon and sit there for a long time so I cut my own hair which took me 25 minutes (I needed to rest) but I'm satisfied
Old 03-29-2019, 05:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What is something that made you happy this week? Good news for hubby's feet at the doctor on Wednesday.

Are you a morning person or a night owl? Just call me MiddleLine Mary!
I can do either with ease.

Where would your dream vacation be? Hawaii

When was the last time you had a haircut? About 2 months ago

Old 03-29-2019, 05:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
Rae - so glad your pup is a-ok!
Amie - Happy Birthday to your son!
Sheri - yay for selling your property (sounds like it was a good thing...lol)!
Ditto

Old 03-29-2019, 05:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Carrie - I love watching my kids in their concerts.
Lea - yummy for bakeries
Debbie - Hawaii yasssssss
Cherry - lol at coffee person

Old 03-29-2019, 06:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

What is something that made you happy this week? I teach my son's literature class, and they had to present 5 poems on a power point this week. I have seen him put zero effort into it, so I was exceptionally happy when his poems were actually really good & so was his presentation (He was the only one in his class who had memorized his poems!).
Are you a morning person or a night owl? Night owl; I've adapted and I get up early because that's just how life is, but any chance I get, I stay up late and sleep late.
Where would your dream vacation be? I want to visit all the tourist spots in the Philippines while we live here, so at the very top of my list is Palawan, the Underground River & El Nido.
When was the last time you had a haircut? Last month, and I have so many regrets! It's shoulder length, which is my least favorite length for my hair, plus the layers around my face don't blend it; they just puff out. I've been wanting to cut it really short, so overall I'm glad I just went with shoulder length instead, but I'm ready for it to grow back out.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Being with family

I'm naturally a night owl, but have gotten used to getting up early.

I would absolutely love to go to Germany

My last haircut was about 1 month ago, but my mom is chomping at the bit to cut the front of my hair this week!
Old 03-29-2019, 09:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What is something that made you happy this week? I finally was able to upgrade my laptop and can scrapbook again

Are you a morning person or a night owl? Morning person

Where would your dream vacation be? Nashville

When was the last time you had a haircut? Way too long ago
Old 03-29-2019, 10:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What is something that made you happy this week? Vacation! I am in Puerto Vallarta at an all-inclusive resort with a girlfriend and have spent so much time in the warm sun and in the pool. A welcome break from our slowly arriving spring!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2019, 10:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oops! Hit reply too soon there.

Are you a morning or night person? Definitely night owl though I used to be a morning person.

Where would be a dream vacation? Greece. Santorini has been on the top of my bucket list for 30 years!

When was the last time you had a haircut? Last week. I color my gray so go frequently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2019, 12:42 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What is something that made you happy this week? I don't know about 'happy', but 'pleased' - this morning I cleaned my oven, cooktop, kitchen sink and benches - it is a MAJOR accomplishment for me to do the big cleaning jobs (time and motivation wise), and I'm loving how clean my kitchen is now.

Are you a morning person or a night owl? Definitely morning. I wish I could stay up later but I'm always too tired (probably because I get up so early!).

Where would your dream vacation be? I have no idea... I've been so many places already that there's nowhere I'm dying to go at this point in my life. I'm happy just to get outdoors anywhere in my own country.

When was the last time you had a haircut? About 8 weeks ago - I'm booked to go again in about a week's time.
Old 03-30-2019, 02:00 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

What is something that made you happy this week? An Amazon package arriving on time (packages take 2-3 weeks to get here!) to take in the supplies I bought for my classroom's "space unit".
Are you a morning person or a night owl? Night owl!
Where would your dream vacation be? New Zealand for a "trip", some tropical all-inclusive (eh, without my kids!) for a "vacation".
When was the last time you had a haircut? Ages ago! I trim the ends myself... My hair is curly, so it generally doesn't matter if it's all even but if a professional were looking, I'm sure it wouldn't be up to snuff (so I'm kind of reluctant to go in for a real hair cut)!
Old 03-30-2019, 10:26 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I got a ton of pages done this week to catch up my 2015 album.

All night owl, all the time.

Ireland.

It's been a year+. I'm having a hard time with my hair so I don't want to mess with it if I don't have to.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sheri - what a world traveler you will be if you get to visit all those places! I would love to go to any of them, especially Scotland/Ireland as that is my heritage.

Carrie - me too...I don't sleep much so I catch up on tv shows in the middle of the night before nodding off again for a few hrs.

Lea - we haven't been back to Mexico for many yrs now. I have so many fond memories when we used to go every yr with a bunch of friends. I too hate finding a new stylist. With my fine thin hair it can be a challenge to get the right cut. I have lost a couple of great hairdressers over the yrs that left the country but now I have one I love so hopefully she will stay put for a long time.

Debbie - holy cow...4:30...that is early! My dog loves Blue Buffalo dental bones but won't eat any others. I'll let you know how cleaning his teeth go. I am starting the process this wkend (just putting the brush into his mouth with a bit of toothpaste and then giving him a treat.

Cherry - I am soooo a coffee person too. I need 3-4 cups in the morning and on wkends indulge in a late afternoon cup too. I make mine healthy by putting collagen powder and MCT oil in it.

Kiana - yay for good news for hubs. Ha ha....middleline Mary! That should be a title for a scrap page!

Kellie - how proud you must be of your son. I can only imagine how many amazing places there must be in the Philippines to see.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Tammy - it must have been such a comfort to be with family as you dealt with the family stuff. Did you take any pics while going thru everything? You should scrap some memories about them.

Melissa - Nashville...that would be a cool place to see. I'm a (somewhat) country fan and would enjoy seeing the sights there.

Cindi - I haven't been to PV in yrs. It used to be our go-to spot for vacation with friends every May.

Kim - I get that about being pleased about getting the kitchen in order. I need to do a deep clean on mine and although I keep putting it off, I know I'll be happy when it's done. I always get some extra chores done in my spring cleaning mode (that peters off into almost nothing throughout the rest of the yr lol).

Rebecca - I've seen photos of New Zealand and I know I would love the wide open green spaces and the rocky hills, the water....ah...I can just picture it!

LeeAndra - yay for getting lots of scrapping done. Me too....Ireland would be awesome.
Old 03-30-2019, 03:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What is something that made you happy this week? - My girls have been spending some time together - that almost never happens!!
Are you a morning person or a night owl?- Night owl all the way. I hate mornings and have since I was a little kid.
Where would your dream vacation be? - Italy and Switzerland. I'm dying to visit those places so bad!!
When was the last time you had a haircut?- It's been a few months...
Old 03-31-2019, 03:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What is something that made you happy this week? finding out that while I needed new glasses my sight hasn’t got any worse and knowing that my best friend of nearly 20 years graduated with a diploma in business yesterday (she is visually impaired so only doing 1-2 papers at a time’
Are you a morning person or a night owl? No question, night owl unless i’m being paid or going on holiday
Where would your dream vacation be? no specific place, a vacation full stop would be nice
When was the last time you had a haircut? 2-3 months ago I think, would have been before a job interview most likely

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 03-31-2019, 08:48 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What is something that made you happy this week? Being able to be outside - it has been a long winter, nice to be able to enjoy the sun.
Are you a morning person or a night owl? hmm... I'm probably more of a night person, but I usually only get 5 hours of sleep - am up early in the morning, too.
Where would your dream vacation be? A trip I would love to do is a cruise up the Rhine in Europe - pretty much any of those river cruises - but hubby is a major point guy - he can do trips way cheaper, haha.
When was the last time you had a haircut? December 2017 - not a surprise... I get it cut short and the let it grow out. I'm not a girly girl - also I don't go to the same hair dresser as I hate that small talk stuff.
Old 03-31-2019, 09:01 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

What is something that made you happy this week? Hubby trying his best to take a good care of the sick me. He is not good at taking care of people, but knowing he is trying his best to take care of me makes me happy!
Are you a morning person or a night owl? Both. I have to be a morning person to be able to prepare breakfast and send my son to school. I'd prefer to stay in bed as late as possible though in the weekend.
Where would your dream vacation be? Right now, Maldives.
When was the last time you had a haircut? Yesterday. It was an unplanned one, the salon was quiet and empty, so I just decided at the spot to have a haircut, after my boys had a haircut.
Old 04-02-2019, 04:35 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

What is something that made you happy this week? I got MARRIED on Tuesday.
Are you a morning person or a night owl? Night
Where would your dream vacation be? I'd love to take my husband to Italy. I've been, but he hasn't. We'd also love to see New Zealand
When was the last time you had a haircut? 2 weeks ago, before that was about a year.