Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-26-2019, 02:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default I had my baby girl!

Some of you already know but I had my baby super early! I'm not complaining, I was feeling so done with this pregnancy.

Anyway, Leonie (middle name Juliette) came into the world in the comfort of our home. Water broke Friday night at 20:24 (8:20PM) and she was born Saturday at 00:20 (12:20 AM). It was a dream birth since my first baby was a breech cesarean, my second was a VBAC at the hospital, and my third was finally what I had hoped and dreamed for my other two.

Only problem was she was only at 36 weeks and 6 days of gestation. So just under the 37 weeks cut off for preemie. Her lungs weren't fully developed and she had a bit of a hard time breathing. It was a choice to get her to the hospital just to be safe. And she and I have been there ever since. She has reached some milestones and is well on her way home but we need her to kick that jaundice asap and get more hungry so she can breastfeed fully. Thing is they keep giving her a full meal through her feeding tube after I try breastfeeding her so she's never hungry enough to wake up fully. They expect babies to wake up on the clock every 3 hours to eat but everybody is different and in my opinion she could just eat what she wants when she wants. I told the nurse and she agrees but higher up said not yet... frustrating!

My two girls at home are missing me and I get to see them but outside of the hospital because of measles outbreak in the area and only for 30 minutes at a time. My oldest (4) is sad, my middle one (2) is just mad at me and that makes it hard for my husband to deal with them. But he's been a great father and has been home to care for them ever since and I'm grateful that his job allows him the paternal leave (and paid on top of that!!!)

And I can stay at the hospital and be fed for free because they need my milk for baby.

Alright I have to go and see what's new in the forum before I have to see baby again.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh wow wow wow.....so happy for you! Such a pretty name and can't wait to see you scrapping pics once you get settled again at home. Your poor girls, missing you and wanting to be there with you. They will be overjoyed when you get home. Yay for hubs getting paid paternal leave. Hope you and little Leonie are soon home. Congrats momma!
Old 04-26-2019, 03:17 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Congrats Lea! Very happy for you and your sweet Leonie! Share pics when you can and keep taking wonderful care of yourself and your new joy!
Old 04-26-2019, 03:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Congrats to you and your family. I'm glad the labor and birth went well. Hopefully your little sweetie is released soon. Wishing you quick healing vibes (no one ever talks about the discomfort after having a baby). Can't wait to those new baby layouts!
Old 04-26-2019, 03:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations, Lea!!! I can't wait to see photos of your new precious girl. Praying that she will gain weight and be able to go home to her loving family soon. I also hope that you recuperate from the birth quickly.
Toddlers do have such a "great" way of showing their displeasure. I'm glad hubby is a good dad. I know they will all be happy to have you and Leonie home soon!
Old 04-26-2019, 04:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Unfortunately just like my other kiddos, I won't be sharing photos of my sweet Leonie. I will be blurring her face on all layouts but you can tell a little bit what she will look like through it.
She's got her eyes bruised and looks like she was boxing because I braced my pushing during birth. Poor baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
Congrats to you and your family. I'm glad the labor and birth went well. Hopefully your little sweetie is released soon. Wishing you quick healing vibes (no one ever talks about the discomfort after having a baby). Can't wait to those new baby layouts!
Thanks Sheri but actually I'm doing pretty good. I didn't even tear which seems surreal to me since it hurt pretty bad but I took my time through the pain and hoped I would stretch enough. I'm so relieved. I barely needed an ice pack afterwards.

The uncomfortable part is the lumps and clogs in my breasts. I was always a great milk maker and I make more than she needs and trying to pump and relieve the pressure is just making my supply increase and the lumps aren't going away. Trying lecithin as a supplement today. It seemed to help my past breastfeeding years.

And the constipation but I'm on daily prune juice several times a day and I can be more comfortable.

And the night sweats... oh well. But that's all ok considering I'm not in pain down there.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
Unfortunately just like my other kiddos, I won't be sharing photos of my sweet Leonie. I will be blurring her face on all layouts but you can tell a little bit what she will look like through it.
She's got her eyes bruised and looks like she was boxing because I braced my pushing during birth. Poor baby.
I had forgotten that you do that on your LOs. I understand I'm just happy she's here and getting better!
Old 04-26-2019, 04:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So happy for you and congrats! I'm glad you got the birth you've always wanted and I love her name.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yay! Congratulations! So happy for you!!! I'm thankful you finally got to have the birthing experience you dreamed of!

I can relate to the other girls being sad! My 3rd born cried after she saw me and the baby for the first time, because we couldn't come home with her! Once you are all home together, it will be better! The older girls can help in little ways so they feel included (bringing diapers/wipes), giving baby toys, entertaining her etc!

Praying you are both able to go home shortly! In the meantime, enjoy being pampered a little! (Although, I don't know how they expect you to sleep in a hospital, when they wake you up every 3 hours or so!) But at least you don't have to cook and clean!
Old 04-26-2019, 05:34 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

awwwwwwwwwwwww!!! congrats! ♥
Old 04-26-2019, 05:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations Lea! Hooray for an end to your difficult pregnancy. I'm sorry Leonie is still in the hospital and your other kiddos are missing you. Hoping you can go home soon!
I had small babies and it was hard to wake them up enough to feed them. My husband took a wet washcloth to the bottom of their feet to make them good and mad so they'd breastfeed. Seemed cruel to me, but early, tiny babies are sleepy!! I always pumped just enough to go from pain to discomfort so that it didn't produce more milk. So difficult. Hugs!
Old 04-26-2019, 06:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats! That's a beautiful name. I'm glad you finally had your dream birth and are doing well. I know it stinks that you're still in the hospital and your other 2 are having a hard time with that, but thankfully your newborn sounds like she's healthy and won't need to be in the hospital too much longer. Enjoy those tiny baby snuggles!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2019, 06:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats on your new addition! Wishing you all the best while you enjoy this special time.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:23 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations! I hope she gets better and you all get to be together soon!
Old 04-26-2019, 07:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Can't wait to see that sweet, blurred out face!

Congratulations! Hopefully the two of you get to home quickly!!

Old 04-26-2019, 08:27 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Wow! Congrats Lea!! I can't believe you beat us... I am 39 weeks, still VERY pregnant, and no signs of progressing!!

I am glad that Leonie is doing well. I hope you guys both have a speedy recovery and get to go home soon. Sending lots of love!
Old 04-26-2019, 08:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Wow Lea, congratulations! I hope everything will turn out well soon so you and Leonie could go home. I'm so looking forward to the vbac too, hopefully!
Old 04-26-2019, 09:16 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations Lea! I feel you on the feeding... that’s what they did for my first born. Granted, I wasn’t making enough for the big little guy but they fed him so much! I hope she gets big enough soon to breastfeed exclusively.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations Lea!
Old 04-27-2019, 02:48 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations again, Lea! I hope that you get to go home with your baby girl healthy soon!
Old 04-27-2019, 09:09 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations Lea and welcome to the world to your sweet Leonie (love her name).
Hope she'll get better fastly, I had the same problem with my twin, they were feeding by sonde before even trying to eat by themselves and they didn't manage to get enough hungry to take their milk by themselves after...
I'm glad to know that you had the birth you finally wanted and hope you will be all together fastly at home.
Lot's of happiness!
Old 04-27-2019, 09:27 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations
Old 04-27-2019, 09:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Congrats on your new bundle of joy!!!!! Hoping you guys are home soon!

Old 04-27-2019, 10:04 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Great news! We might go home tomorrow!!
No more feeding tube for her! She can breastfeed on demand and her jaundice level is low enough. YAY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
Congratulations Lea! Hooray for an end to your difficult pregnancy. I'm sorry Leonie is still in the hospital and your other kiddos are missing you. Hoping you can go home soon!
I had small babies and it was hard to wake them up enough to feed them. My husband took a wet washcloth to the bottom of their feet to make them good and mad so they'd breastfeed. Seemed cruel to me, but early, tiny babies are sleepy!! I always pumped just enough to go from pain to discomfort so that it didn't produce more milk. So difficult. Hugs!
These are great tips! Thank you!

Nothing can wake or bother her enough. I've tried the wet cloth on her whole body. Tickling her toes, hands, armpits. Airing her diaper. Rubbing her jaw. One thing maybe is picking her up from under her armpits. But that's disturb the whole nipple shield because she grabs it or kicks it somehow and I leak everywhere. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlimarie View Post
Wow! Congrats Lea!! I can't believe you beat us... I am 39 weeks, still VERY pregnant, and no signs of progressing!!

I am glad that Leonie is doing well. I hope you guys both have a speedy recovery and get to go home soon. Sending lots of love!
I know! I'm sorry! Hang in there Mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygutz View Post
Wow Lea, congratulations! I hope everything will turn out well soon so you and Leonie could go home. I'm so looking forward to the vbac too, hopefully!
Aww good luck Mama!

Last edited by Leablahblah; 04-27-2019 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-27-2019, 10:19 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Yay!! Fingers crossed that you really are going home tomorrow, Lea!
Old 04-27-2019, 11:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations, Lea. I love her name
Old 04-27-2019, 12:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks all! It means the world to me
Old 04-27-2019, 01:27 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Congrats on your little girl! I hope she recovers soon and you're able to take her home!!
Old 04-27-2019, 06:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

awww, yay!!! Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful miracle! I'm so excited that you were able to birth her the way that you wanted!! Continuing our prayers for her and your family, that you can bring her home soon and be complete!
Old 04-29-2019, 05:08 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh Léa, congratulations.
What a beautiful name you gave her.
Thank you for sharing your story.

Old 04-30-2019, 12:33 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Congrats on a successful birth! Hoping you get to bring Leonie home very soon.
Old 04-30-2019, 09:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations, Lea! Hope you are all together now. Rest up and enjoy the family with your new bundle of joy.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:53 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I forgot to update!!

We are home!! We came home Sunday around noon and my parents arrived late last night! All is well in the world, minus my mood swings...
Old 04-30-2019, 02:15 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
It was a dream birth since my first baby was a breech cesarean, my second was a VBAC at the hospital, and my third was finally what I had hoped and dreamed for my other two.
Congratulations! What an awesome feeling!! My first & second were the same...planned-home-birth-turned-breech-cesarean and hospital VBAC. If I had a third, I'd love to get 'what I wanted' the first time around...but I'm satisfied enough not to have a third Very happy for you!
Old 04-30-2019, 02:35 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I forgot to update!!

We are home!! We came home Sunday around noon and my parents arrived late last night! All is well in the world, minus my mood swings...
Wonderful news!!!! Welcome home.
Old 04-30-2019, 02:42 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

congratulations lea!! <3
Old 04-30-2019, 02:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I forgot to update!!

That's awesome, Lea!!!
Old 04-30-2019, 10:01 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Ladies! I have so much milk! I leak everywhere and it's a hot sticky mess. Even when I'm not feeding her I have let downs.

I knew I wasn't supposed to pump every 3 hours like the NICU nurses and lactation consultant told me to. But I wasn't thinking clearly and I filled their freezer with milk. They didn't update me on how I was doing until the very end of the week and by then the milk supply was already established and now my boobs are so ginormous and heavy and painful! aargh! I wish I could undo that part and start all over again. I had the same problem with my first. For my second, I knew better and didn't pump so much.

Now I'm struggling not pumping and trying to decrease the supply.
Because my boobs are so full, baby can't get to the hind milk that could get her feeling full and sleep longer and have less painful bowel movement. She also has a tongue tie and we are getting it clipped tomorrow and it will help her latch better and not pinch my nipples so hard.
Sorry for venting! We are just never told how hard it's going to be.

Any tips on how to decrease my milk supply fast??
Old 05-01-2019, 08:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

félicitations Léa!! bienvenue * la petite puce
Old 05-02-2019, 07:51 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Ladies! I have so much milk! I leak everywhere and it's a hot sticky mess. Even when I'm not feeding her I have let downs.

I knew I wasn't supposed to pump every 3 hours like the NICU nurses and lactation consultant told me to. But I wasn't thinking clearly and I filled their freezer with milk. They didn't update me on how I was doing until the very end of the week and by then the milk supply was already established and now my boobs are so ginormous and heavy and painful! aargh! I wish I could undo that part and start all over again. I had the same problem with my first. For my second, I knew better and didn't pump so much.

Now I'm struggling not pumping and trying to decrease the supply.
Because my boobs are so full, baby can't get to the hind milk that could get her feeling full and sleep longer and have less painful bowel movement. She also has a tongue tie and we are getting it clipped tomorrow and it will help her latch better and not pinch my nipples so hard.
Sorry for venting! We are just never told how hard it's going to be.

Any tips on how to decrease my milk supply fast??

I know this is days late, but a tip for baby to get to the hind milk is to do the “milk shake.” Literally give the breast you are going to nurse on a solid jiggle for at least 30sec before nursing. It helps to loosen the fatty globules inside the milk ducts so they release sooner during the feed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2019, 09:18 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations, Lea!! I haven't been online a lot recently and missed seeing your birth news. So glad to hear that you and baby Leonie are both home now, and good luck with breastfeeding. Definitely understand that oversupply issue, I had the same after my twins were born early and I needed to have a hospital milk stash for them.

Considering it's a couple of days after your most recent post, hopefully your supply is regulating itself a little more (so tough in the beginning when there's more foremilk than hindmilk to feed a small tummy; I used to express a little first, then offer the breast). Good luck! xx

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020
Old 05-04-2019, 10:15 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergirljen View Post
I know this is days late, but a tip for baby to get to the hind milk is to do the “milk shake.” Literally give the breast you are going to nurse on a solid jiggle for at least 30sec before nursing. It helps to loosen the fatty globules inside the milk ducts so they release sooner during the feed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wow I never knew this!! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurian View Post
Congratulations, Lea!! I haven't been online a lot recently and missed seeing your birth news. So glad to hear that you and baby Leonie are both home now, and good luck with breastfeeding. Definitely understand that oversupply issue, I had the same after my twins were born early and I needed to have a hospital milk stash for them.

Considering it's a couple of days after your most recent post, hopefully your supply is regulating itself a little more (so tough in the beginning when there's more foremilk than hindmilk to feed a small tummy; I used to express a little first, then offer the breast). Good luck! xx
I have been trying to do that too and it's starting to regulate itself. I still have one ginormous boob and a normal size one. I always had the left one making more.
Haha just talking about it I have a let down! so annoying!
Old 05-05-2019, 08:46 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Congrats Lea! Glad to hear that you and Leonie are home and doing well!

I also had a ton of milk when nursing.. but there really isn't an "easy" way to decrease your milk supply. That'll happen naturally over the next week or two as it all gets established. I'm sure you experienced that with your other two, but it's easy to forget when you're exhausted with a newborn. lol

You mention taking lecithin as a supplement... it's also wonderful applied topically to your tender nipples.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:35 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations Lea on having your baby girl! Glad to hear you're both home and doing well, minus your full boobs and leaking everywhere! Hope some of the advice from the ladies here help!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Old 05-05-2019, 12:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytails View Post
Congrats Lea! Glad to hear that you and Leonie are home and doing well!

I also had a ton of milk when nursing.. but there really isn't an "easy" way to decrease your milk supply. That'll happen naturally over the next week or two as it all gets established. I'm sure you experienced that with your other two, but it's easy to forget when you're exhausted with a newborn. lol

You mention taking lecithin as a supplement... it's also wonderful applied topically to your tender nipples.
How?? Just open the capsules?
I rub my breastmilk over my nipples and air dry. Seems to help.

This morning I woke up and my boobs weren’t as full as they used to! Yay!! Getting there!
Old 05-06-2019, 10:20 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations!