Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-12-2017, 03:09 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default PowerSheets

Have you guys heard of this? Cultivate What Matters

If you haven't, I need to warn you that if you click on that link, you will. be. sucked. in. There are orange, lemon & grapefruit slices everywhere, and it is surprisingly appealing. Also, flowers. Like, you may just drop 60 bucks on a goal planner just because all the fresh fruit is so pretty & colorful and your brain will make the connection "fresh fruit=fresh start." Don't say I didn't warn you.

But I'm wondering if anyone has used this before and had their life changed.

Because i find myself unable to bring about the change I want in my life. For instance, I believe that exercise will make me healthier and help me live longer and make me feel better & more energetic, but I can't bring myself to actually exercise because of all the effort it requires, like putting on real shoes and leaving the house. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?

I LITERALLY have the exact same goals every year, things I really care about and want to accomplish, but I never can seem to be motivated enough to change my behavior to make those things happen.

So I have my fingers crossed that these PowerSheets are going to be the deciding factor in accomplishing my goals this year, and I would love to have some encouragement from someone who has used them or someone who is likes the idea and wants to try it out with me.

Or I would even take someone who hasn't used PowerSheets but HAS dug deep inside to find the motivation to accomplish your goals. I want to hear your story.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:28 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I started exercising in September 2016. I went roller blading every.single.day (when it wasn't raining) for over an hour. I also did some excercises strenghten my back (10 min. a day) and abs & core (also 10 min. a day).
I stopped drinking soda and I stopped eating candy.

I lost 14 to 15 kilo in 8 months. I lost 2 kilo in a month.

I had a friend who helped me keep motivated. The last few months I gained a little weight and I would love to start excersicing again after the holidays.

Old 12-12-2017, 04:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes, PowerSheets are as good as they look!! 2018 will be my third year using them - I'm hooked! I haven't had any huge goals like starting a business like some PowerSheets users, but they have helped me to make a significant difference in my life. I ordered this year's PS thinking that this would be my last year because I've used them long enough that I should "get" this goal-setting thing by now. Nope! I'm just a few pages into next year's prep pages, and I can tell that I'm digging deeper than I have in the past couple of years, so I'm sure I'll be using them again in 2019.

I still struggle with motivation like you described. I think that one of the reasons the PowerSheets work for me is that every month I look at my goals - what they are and why they're important - and that helps me to re-commit to them on a regular basis. Does that always make a difference? Nope. There are months when I was absolutely committed at the beginning of the month to start weight training again and I didn't pick up weights the entire month. However, I have accomplished far more and have experienced more personal growth using the PowerSheets than I would have if I wasn't using them.

If you decide to get them and want to be accountability partners, let me know.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:02 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't know if this will help much as everyone is different, but for me it has to be a spontaneous decision initially - like back in January one day I just thought "I might go swim laps at the pool today", rather than any digging deep and thinking about it too much. So I don't really set goals/resolutions (especially not New Year's ones) - too much pressure to start and then feeling bad if you don't achieve them. Then I found I really enjoyed swimming and went again and again... after a couple of weeks it had become a routine (my whole life seems like a routine with work, commuting/bus timetables, kids activities, etc) so swimming became part of that (same days/times each week).

I'm sure I've read somewhere you have to do something 8 times or 20 times or for 8 weeks or something like that before it becomes a habit, whether its exercise, changing your diet, drinking more water (I did that in the last 12 months too, and now drink ~2 litres a day (I used to drink next to none) or something else, so if you can motivate yourself for those first weeks it should become a lot easier after that.

Last edited by jak; 12-12-2017 at 06:05 AM.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:28 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh my word Kellie, yes!!!

I was glancing back through my journals and year after year, it’s the same goals, still unaccomplished....

So I bought the PowerSheets too...first year...

Let’s do this!
Old 12-12-2017, 10:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

So far I've been like Kim--I can tell myself I should do something and have good intentions/reasons, but unless I'm fired up about it (which usually happens spontaneously) I don't stick with it. Those of you trying Powersheets for the first time, check in with us throughout the year--I'd love to hear if they work for you! I feel like I'm at a point right now where I'd let them sit and gather dust, but maybe later in the year I'll be ready.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:00 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
Oh my word Kellie, yes!!!

I was glancing back through my journals and year after year, it’s the same goals, still unaccomplished....

So I bought the PowerSheets too...first year...

Let’s do this!
HOORAY! We can have a group, maybe a google group or something. That's a thing, right? Or we could have a facebook group, me, you & Kate (and anyone else who wants to join!).

I just feel so inspired and can't wait till my powersheets arrive!

And I think any change I've had has come spontaneously and randomly, too, but I can't sit around waiting for that to happen any longer. I can pretty much talk myself out of anything, so abetween accountability and fruit-and-flowers inspiration, i just KNOW this is gonna be my year! ; )
Old 12-13-2017, 12:33 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

i'm intrigued
Old 12-13-2017, 01:09 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I opened the link and WOW!!!!! They're so colorful and looking fresh!