Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-07-2018, 03:44 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Save, save and save!

I can't say this enough but save often when working on your layouts!! I was finishing up tonight's layout, getting ready to go to bed and saving it (for the first time) and Photoshop crashed!! I knew I should have saved it at an earlier point, but I was getting tired and rushing to get it finished. The file that was saving is corrupted and my layout is gone.

So I say this over and over as a reminder....save often! Hopefully you don't lose all your hard work like I just lost. Oh and I should mention, this was the second time this week that I was saving and Photoshop crashed. New Windows updates and my Photoshop is being cranky. Save often!!
Old 01-07-2018, 04:42 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes.......totally agree with you and I find myself doing it when CC decides to crash or restart all by itself but when times passes.........I tend to do this less which is not very wise because we all know it can happen anytime. I do have to say that the last time CC crashed and I opened the program again.......there was my layout. Very weird but I was very happy about it because I didnt save it yet
Old 01-07-2018, 04:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

yep I just learnt the hard way, had placed all 20 photos and was closing other files and also closed the unsaved layout by mistake. Going to shut my machine down and start again tomorrow

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 01-07-2018, 04:58 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

That sucks, Wendy!
However, usually, when that happens, you get a much better page scrapped later
Old 01-07-2018, 11:42 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Sorry this happened to you!
Old 01-07-2018, 11:44 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Sorry! I hate when that happens. I love my current computer, but one legacy of having scrapped with older computers that were dying is that I'm so paranoid about losing a page that I save constantly. Seriously...if anyone looked at a list of all the times I saved mid-layout, they'd probably laugh at me. It's nothing unusual for me to do a few saves 5 minutes apart.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2018, 12:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

CC freezes on me at least twice a week, which drives me crazy! Sometimes it "recovers" a page I was working on, but most of the time it doesn't. I try to save frequently through the process of creating a page, but I usually don't save until I have all my photos placed. Of course, this is when PS decides to crash the most.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post
Yes.......totally agree with you and I find myself doing it when CC decides to crash or restart all by itself but when times passes.........I tend to do this less which is not very wise because we all know it can happen anytime. I do have to say that the last time CC crashed and I opened the program again.......there was my layout. Very weird but I was very happy about it because I didnt save it yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
CC freezes on me at least twice a week, which drives me crazy! Sometimes it "recovers" a page I was working on, but most of the time it doesn't. I try to save frequently through the process of creating a page, but I usually don't save until I have all my photos placed. Of course, this is when PS decides to crash the most.
That would be awesome if my layouts were always recovered when I reopened the program!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekiwi View Post
yep I just learnt the hard way, had placed all 20 photos and was closing other files and also closed the unsaved layout by mistake. Going to shut my machine down and start again tomorrow
Oh yuck and I know what you were doing. I'm so sorry this happened to you last night as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
That sucks, Wendy!
However, usually, when that happens, you get a much better page scrapped later
The first time this happened this past week my layout was worse because at that point I didn't care if I finished it or not. But hey, it got a lot of comments so it mustn't have been that bad. The same would have happened last night if I didn't close it down and start fresh today. So we'll see if that happens or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx-nana-scraps View Post
I save everytime I get up from scrapping...go to the bathroom, answer the door, eat, etc.

I have a bad back and get up about every 20-30 min to walk, so it means I save lots of times. BUT, I'd rather save 6-8 times and be safe than sorry.

It only takes a few seconds to save and a lot longer kicking yourself for not pressing the save button!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
Sorry! I hate when that happens. I love my current computer, but one legacy of having scrapped with older computers that were dying is that I'm so paranoid about losing a page that I save constantly. Seriously...if anyone looked at a list of all the times I saved mid-layout, they'd probably laugh at me. It's nothing unusual for me to do a few saves 5 minutes apart.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
I am just the same, always saving. I'm often getting up from my computer to unload the dishwasher, fold laundry, start a new load, etc. I'm always saving. Last night I was in a hurry and just wanted to get to bed "early" (you know, before 1am!). Moral of the story, even when you are rushed, keep saving, especially if you refuse to leave your computer chair until the layout is finished!

I'm all good today. It's a new day. I'm just going to stay on top of my Photoshop, even if I'm in a hurry to finish up a layout. Just remember to save often because I don't want this happening to anyone else.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:36 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I hate when that happens! I design on my preview and have lost half a kit because I forgot to save.

Glad you are feeling better about it today.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have done this many times too Wendy and it stinks! I always try and make sure I save constantly too.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I will never understand why auto save isn’t a feature of photo editing software like it is in word documents. It’s so annoying!
Old 01-08-2018, 01:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hate when this happens. Sorry it ruined your layout. I learned the hard way and now save whenever I've done something big. Some would probably say I save too often, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It's so frustrating when that happens!! It's usually when I'm in a good flow and don't want to take the time for saving...then lose the darn thing!
Sorry it happened, Wendy!!
Old 01-08-2018, 11:12 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

i've lost entire work projects before, because i forget to save. i now have a sticky note on the screen of my computer (an actual paper sticky note) that says "SAVE". it's kinda helping. there should be an auto save thing. that automatically does it. every 5 minutes.