Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-05-2019, 12:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Fact Questions 04/05

Let's get to know each other a little bit better. Here's some some questions to answer.
  1. What was the last movie you saw or book you read, if any?
  2. Can you whistle?
  3. What is a cherished memory that makes you smile?
  4. Do you mind the rain?
Old 04-05-2019, 01:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. I just finished reading Watching You and it was just as good as the first book "You" (which was also a TV show. I think it's on Netflix now.

2. I have tried and practiced for years and just can't. I have this sad, pitiful little whistle that only my dog can hear (sometimes). It is mostly air not sound LOL. I've tried a few different ways of whistling but nothing seems to work for me. Sure wish I could b/c I'd love to be able to call Taz to attention with a whistle but I'm pretty sure that will never happen.

3. A recent memory is my little doodle, Taz, at doggie daycare a few weeks ago. For 5 yrs he has been hanging out in the big dog area and 2 wks ago they asked if we could put him in the small dog building. They wanted to see if he was more active with the small dogs. I was apprehensive b/c he hates yappy dogs bugging him but when I went to pick him up at the end of the day, looked thru the window at him standing with a bunch of other dogs, it was so cute...he had his little head up, chin pointed at the ceiling and was letting out a little howl, along with the other dogs. They were all doing it. I had never seen him do that before. It melted my heart. When I picked him up on Wed from daycare, he was doing it again. He likes big dogs and always had fun with them but he really seems to be settling in even better with the little dogs.

4. I hate the rain. I know it's necessary, mother nature needs it. But living on the west coast is overkill for rain. We can get it for days on end. I'm dreading the next 7-10 days b/c there is a lot of rain predicted. I'm going to try to make lemonaid out of lemons, and maybe I'll get out and get a good raindrop photo.
Old 04-05-2019, 03:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
  2. Can you whistle?
  4. Do you mind the rain?
1. hmmm I don't recall the last movie I saw. But I finished a book before our move and I really liked it. It was adapted to a tv series with Patrick Dempsey in it but it didn't come out in the US.
It was called The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair by Joël Dicker

2. I can whistle. For some reason I hate songs that have whistling in it and have to always switch if I hear one.

3. I can't even think of a single thing making me smile right now. This pregnancy has been so rough that it's been hard to focus on other things.

4. I used to not mind it because it would be a day of rain and that was it. But after living in Washington state for 10 years I've had it with the rain!!
Old 04-05-2019, 03:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
1. hmmm I don't recall the last movie I saw. But I finished a book before our move and I really liked it. It was adapted to a tv series with Patrick Dempsey in it but it didn't come out in the US.
It was called The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair by Joël Dicker

2. I can whistle. For some reason I hate songs that have whistling in it and have to always switch if I hear one.

3. I can't even think of a single thing making me smile right now. This pregnancy has been so rough that it's been hard to focus on other things.

4. I used to not mind it because it would be a day of rain and that was it. But after living in Washington state for 10 years I've had it with the rain!!
I just checked, our digi library has that book, it looks good so I downloaded it. It'll be awhile before I can read it (just started The Cruel Prince and have a few others waiting to be read but I'll get to it eventually.

Sorry things have been tough, sounds like you need some pampering. You're getting close now and soon will have your little one in your arms.
Old 04-05-2019, 06:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

What was the last movie you saw or book you read, if any? We watched The Goblet of Fire last weekend, and I just finished reading A Question of Holmes, the last of the Charlotte Holmes series.
Can you whistle? Nope.
What is a cherished memory that makes you smile? When Max, my middle child, was little, he always wanted me to sing You Are My Sunshine, and it would calm him down right away. Even now, if we hear that song, he'll look at me and smile like he knows that HE is my sunshine. : )
Do you mind the rain? I HATE the rain; it ruins everything.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. What was the last movie you saw or book you read, if any? Aquaman was the last movie I saw. The Wicked King by Holly Black was the last book I read.

2. Can you whistle? No.

3. What is a cherished memory that makes you smile? a lot, one particular was about my mother and father whenever they cook, they always cook together, clean up together, they talk about politics, recent events, and sometimes I wanted to join them but I prefer to just watch them from the dining table as they do their stuff.

4. Do you mind the rain? I like the rain. The smell, the sound, it's calming and I always feel nostalgic when it rains.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What was the last movie you saw or book you read, if any? - I think the last movie I saw was when we rented Antman and the Wasp
Can you whistle? - I can regular whistle, but not cool whistle when you put your fingers in your mouth.
What is a cherished memory that makes you smile?- I was just watching some old videos of my youngest one singing and they melt my heart!!
Do you mind the rain?- I LOVE rain!!
Old 04-05-2019, 10:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What was the last movie you saw or book you read, if any? - I saw Crazy Rich Asians on the plane (it was ok) and half of Green Book, which was good and I have to see the rest of it. Book - Read three last week on vacation but don't ask me what they were - currently reading Janet, Jackie and Lee about the Kennedy's
Can you whistle? -Nope
What is a cherished memory that makes you smile?-Was just looking at a picture of my niece bathing in a small bucket. Always brings a smile
Do you mind the rain?- Sometimes I have a good attitude about rain, but I get tired of the gray skies and whine more often than not.
Old 04-05-2019, 11:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What was the last movie you saw or book you read, if any? I'm currently reading a book for a book club - Less by Andrew Sean Greer. I don't love it, so it's going much slower than normal, lol.
Can you whistle? Absolutely!
What is a cherished memory that makes you smile? The birth of my boys and also just the small every day moments.
Do you mind the rain? I do not. Of course, I don't want it to rain all day, every day, but I'm actually super duper happy it rained today. My allergies have been terrible and I'm hoping it helps hamper the pollen.
Old 04-06-2019, 02:43 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What was the last movie you saw or book you read, if any? I attempted to watch a movie with the kids last weekend for family movie night - Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - but I fell asleep about two-thirds of the way through.

Can you whistle? Yes, since I was little.

What is a cherished memory that makes you smile? Stuff my kids do... a recent one was a couple of days ago when my son, walking home from school, collected all the different types of leaves he could find and brought them home to show me. It was a very random thing to do but so him.

Do you mind the rain? I love rain. It doesn't rain enough here plus I grew up on a farm, through droughts that lasted 5 years+ so rain was a commodity more precious than gold! No rain, no income.
Old 04-06-2019, 06:31 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

What was the last movie you saw or book you read, if any? I read alot of little trashy romance novels but nothing I can really remember. We also watch alot of TV movies since I can't stand regular TV.

Can you whistle? - No

What is a cherished memory that makes you smile? I have so many wonderful memories of my childhood with my grandparents and now with my own grandkids that each season brings different memories. Spring memories are full of planting and getting ready for tobacco weeding (back in the days where you could raise tobacco)

Do you mind the rain? I use to hate storms but I really find that I love rain. Rain relaxes me and I just love hearing the thunder
Old 04-06-2019, 08:56 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What was the last movie you saw or book you read, if any?
The new spiderman movie and my entire Family loved it.
I just finished Where the Crawdads Sing and gave it 5 Stars!

Can you whistle?
Yes

What is a cherished memory that makes you smile?
All of our Family Vacations

Do you mind the rain?
Yes. I would prefer it to rain between the hours of 11pm-5am
Old 04-06-2019, 10:10 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. What was the last movie you saw or book you read, if any? My daughter has a friend staying over and we watched The Edge of Seventeen last night.

2. Can you whistle? Yes

3. What is a cherished memory that makes you smile? When my grandpa was in the hospice facility I made my mom leave to go home and shower and pick up my grandma to bring her back. While I was alone with him he was on morphine but was talking (not necessarily to me) about things that I'd never heard about. I'd learned that he lived on a farm when he was a boy and he used to take his boat to the pond to fish. I'd learned about how much he loved his mom and how ready he was to see her again. I heard things he never really spoke about and I'll never forget that day. The next day he was pretty unresponsive so I feel like I was meant to be there in a way. He passed two days after that day I had with him.

Do you mind the rain? Nope. I do mind the crazies that can't drive in the rain though. lol

Old 04-06-2019, 06:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I just started rereading Colleen Hoover's Maybe Someday because the final book in the series came out recently.

2. Can you whistle?
Yes

I'm starting to scrap the photos from our Disney trip in November, and they all make me smile. So many wonderful memories from that trip!

4. Do you mind the rain?
Only when it interferes with our plans or has been raining for days
Old 04-06-2019, 09:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What was the last movie you saw or book you read, if any? My husband and I watched Captain Marvel yesterday while the kiddos were at school.

Can you whistle? I can do a normal whistle but not the real loud one with your two fingers (just like Niki).

What is a cherished memory that makes you smile? My son's first Disneyland Trip in Nov. 2012 and then my daughters first trip where she was old enough to enjoy it this past May. I recall their expressions of pure joy and I just smile every time I think of it.

Do you mind the rain? I love when it rains because we hardly get it here. I expecially love it when it rains at night and I can fall asleep listening to it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Old 04-06-2019, 10:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What was the last movie you saw or book you read?
I "read" the new(?) Skinny Taste one-and-done cookbook. Looking forward to trying one of the recipes this week!

Can you whistle?
Nope.

What is a cherished memory that makes you smile?
The 4yo has been calling DH "an eating machine" off-and-on the last couple of weeks. Today I asked him what kind of machine he was ("drinking" -- it is crazy how much milk he drinks over the course of a week!) & then what kind of machine I was. My daughter piped up and said, "You're a snuggle machine, Mommy!"

Do you mind the rain?
I don't have an opinion of rain unless I have to drive a long distance in it.
Old 04-07-2019, 08:40 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I just checked, our digi library has that book, it looks good so I downloaded it. It'll be awhile before I can read it (just started The Cruel Prince and have a few others waiting to be read but I'll get to it eventually.

Sorry things have been tough, sounds like you need some pampering. You're getting close now and soon will have your little one in your arms.
Thanks Rae! Yes I think I need that pedicure I always get before a baby comes and most importantly I need baby to get head down so I can have a home birth!

I hope you enjoy the book!
Old 04-07-2019, 09:15 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

The last book I read was "The glass Castle" by Jeanette walls. Very interesting read.

I can't whistle! I've tried and I can get a little put but not very good.

A cherished memory that makes me smile are that my extended family loved to do lip syncing for the 4th of July when I was little. I would really get into it. I wanted to be a singer when I grew up. Afraid my voice didnt get the memo!

And I like the rain except when it means my kids are cooped up all day. Now if we all had raincoats and galoshes( which maybe we should invest in some....) I think exploring with the rain would be a fun adventure!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2019, 01:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What was the last movie you saw or book you read, if any?
I can't remember the last movie I saw, which is odd because that was always a family activity. Now that our boys are older and are gone more, we haven't watched many movies. It makes me kind of sad.
I'm reading the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series right now. I enjoyed the first few books, but I'm not sure if I'll continue it. It's really just an escape from reality

Can you whistle?
Yes, I can whistle. I honestly never realized that there are people who can't whistle.

What is a cherished memory that makes you smile? Since my Grandpa passed away last month, most of my cherished memories lately are about him.
When I was young, my mom, my sister & I lived with my Grandparents. My Grandpa built a sandbox for me in their side yard. I had a little table and chairs, and lots of pretend baking supplies. He would sit out there with me and "eat" my "cooking" (sand, water & rocks). He would make me feel like I was the best cook ever!

Do you mind the rain? I love the rain!! I lived in Southern California my whole life until 2 years ago, and you've probably heard the song, "It never rains in California"...well, that's mostly true in So Cal. I longed for rainy days. Now that we're in Idaho, we have a bit more rain, and I love it!!
Old 04-07-2019, 01:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I'm so sorry that this pregnancy has been rough, Lea You're almost to the finish line!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygutz View Post
3. What is a cherished memory that makes you smile? a lot, one particular was about my mother and father whenever they cook, they always cook together, clean up together, they talk about politics, recent events, and sometimes I wanted to join them but I prefer to just watch them from the dining table as they do their stuff.
what a precious memory, Cherry!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexy View Post
Can you whistle? - I can regular whistle, but not cool whistle when you put your fingers in your mouth.
I've always wanted to be able to do that, Niki, but haven't learned how either!
Old 04-07-2019, 01:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Kellie - that is a wonderful sweet memory with your son.
Cherry - I've got The Wicked King on hold at our library. Have you read The Cruel Prince? You might like that one too.
Niki - You can have all our rain.
Cindi - whine about the weather, I do
Sheri - you're on the west coast too, right? Sounds like you have a better attitude about the rain than I do.
Kim - you don't get enough rain, we get way too much. Love the memory of collecting the leaves.
Debbie - I don't know anyone who did tobacco weeding and know nothing about it. I like romance books if they are contemporary and have more story than romance.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Krista - I love that book too. My hubs and I say that about the rain too LOL.
Carrie - that is a wonderful private memory to have.
Rachel - can you believe I've never been to Disneyland? All my family has but not me.
Mary - my kids still talk about their trip to Disneyland when they were young (with my mom). I don't know that any other vacation spot is more magical for kids.
LeeAndra - snuggle machine....so sweet.
Lea - I am 3/4 done the book and love it.
Meagan - I loved The Glass Castle, yes, very interesting book. I bet the lip syncing was fun!
Tammy - I've read a few of the VH series and want to read them in order so have to figure it all out before I reserve anymore of them.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
What was the last movie you saw or book you read, if any? I attempted to watch a movie with the kids last weekend for family movie night - Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - but I fell asleep about two-thirds of the way through.
I still haven't seen this one... it's on my list to watch soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
3. What is a cherished memory that makes you smile? When my grandpa was in the hospice facility I made my mom leave to go home and shower and pick up my grandma to bring her back. While I was alone with him he was on morphine but was talking (not necessarily to me) about things that I'd never heard about. I'd learned that he lived on a farm when he was a boy and he used to take his boat to the pond to fish. I'd learned about how much he loved his mom and how ready he was to see her again. I heard things he never really spoke about and I'll never forget that day. The next day he was pretty unresponsive so I feel like I was meant to be there in a way. He passed two days after that day I had with him.
This really brought tears to my eyes. I'm so glad you had this precious time with him

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsashbaugh View Post
What was the last movie you saw or book you read, if any? My husband and I watched Captain Marvel yesterday while the kiddos were at school.
Did you like Captain Marvel, Mary? I still haven't seen it! And, forgot to get our Avenger's Endgame tickets for opening night. Ugh!! Real life has gotten in the way of all my fun recently

Quote:
Thanks Rae! Yes I think I need that pedicure I always get before a baby comes and most importantly I need baby to get head down so I can have a home birth!
Pedicures are the best, Lea!! I hope you enjoy it!
I've never know someone who has had a home birth! How exciting!
Old 04-07-2019, 05:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Lea - I am 3/4 done the book and love it.
with the book I suggested?? if so, wow! you're fast! or the one you were going to finish first?
Old 04-07-2019, 05:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
I still haven't seen this one... it's on my list to watch soon!

This really brought tears to my eyes. I'm so glad you had this precious time with him

Did you like Captain Marvel, Mary? I still haven't seen it! And, forgot to get our Avenger's Endgame tickets for opening night. Ugh!! Real life has gotten in the way of all my fun recently

Pedicures are the best, Lea!! I hope you enjoy it!
I've never know someone who has had a home birth! How exciting!
Thanks Tammy! I actually really dislike pedicures lol I'm very ticklish to the point where it hurts when my feet are touched. But I like coming out with pretty colored toes. haha

Home birth! Yes! I'm all for it if things go well! And with my history of very fast labors (2-3 hours from water break) it should be pretty smooth (unless baby has breathing issues) but let's take it one day at a time.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
with the book I suggested?? if so, wow! you're fast! or the one you were going to finish first?
Haha not that quick. Meant to say I’m almost done my other book so am going to read your recommendation next, probably start tomorrow.
Old 04-08-2019, 02:25 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

What was the last movie you saw or book you read, if any? Ant man. I watched in with my son yesterday morning in the hotel we had staycation in during the weekend.
Can you whistle? Nope.
What is a cherished memory that makes you smile? The 'I love you, mama' from my son that he says so often and is embedded in my brain and heart just the way he says it.
Do you mind the rain? I don't, unless it's a very heavy and long rain that floods our balcony.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Haha not that quick. Meant to say I’m almost done my other book so am going to read your recommendation next, probably start tomorrow.
haha makes sense!!