Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2019, 11:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Fact Questions 03/15

I hope you are all enjoying my questions lately. I feel like it's really helping to get to know you all a bit better. Let's learn a little more about each other today.....answer these questions......
  1. Shoes...flats, heels, runners, flip-flops....what's your perference?
  2. What is the best thing that happened this week to you or a loved one?
  3. Is there something on your to-do list for the weekend?
  4. What's for dinner tonight, do you eat in or out?
  5. Do you have a favorite clothing style or item that you often wear?
Old 03-15-2019, 11:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Shoes...flats, heels, runners, flip-flops....what's your perference? Flats or runners.
I have a big collection of slip on shoes and runners. I almost never wear heels. I have a lot of skechers runners that are so comfy.

What is the best thing that happened this week to you or a loved one?
My granddaughter got to go out on a half day trip (she's been in the hospital for a year). I wish I could have gone with them but the hospital therapist/worker wanted to keep it quiet and not provide too much over-stimulation. I hope this means we can start taking her out soon.

Is there something on your to-do list for the weekend?
We have a party tomorrow and an appt at the bank for our mortgage so scrapping will probably be in the evening or on Sunday. I want to put my heavier jackets in zipped bags, then into the basement storage as it's finally warming up a bit and I don't need to super heavy ones taking up space in the hall closet now. Probably not much else on my to-do list this wkend.

What's for dinner tonight, do you eat in or out?
Hubs has left-over casserole for dinner and I am going to have a loaded salad with greens, chicken, eggs, veggies and feta cheese.

Do you have a favorite clothing style or item that you often wear?
I wear sweats, yoga pants or jeans almost all the time. I work at home so I can be comfy and not have to get dressed up. I have tons of tees, sweaters and hoodies. I love my comfort

Last edited by bcgal00; 03-15-2019 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Shoes...flats, heels, runners, flip-flops....what's your perference? Boots in the cold months, sandals and slips on in the hot months.

What is the best thing that happened this week to you or a loved one? Not being injured in my car accident!

Is there something on your to-do list for the weekend? I'm working all weekend, so not really.

What's for dinner tonight, do you eat in or out? I'll eat pasta leftovers at work.

Do you have a favorite clothing style or item that you often wear? I have this grey cardigan that I bought from Maurices almost 2 years ago and still wear it ALL THE FREAKING TIME. It's super loosely woven so I can even wear it when it's warmish out. I have it on right now, over my jammies, but I'll still wear it with my dress up clothes for work.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post

My granddaughter got to go out on a half day trip (she's been in the hospital for a year). I wish I could have gone with them but the hospital therapist/worker wanted to keep it quiet and not provide too much over-stimulation. I hope this means we can start taking her out soon.
For a year? Oh my! I don't think I've ever picked up on that piece of info.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:52 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Shoes...flats, heels, runners, flip-flops....what's your preference?
I really like shoes in general so anything cute, comfy, & weather-appropriate is fine by me. I can do a very small heel but not a high heel or anything fancy (sigh). I have a small sneaker collection: shiny gold vinyl, burgundy velour, leopard print, and shiny rainbow striped vinyl. They make me happy.

Umm, nothing really BEST has happened this week for any of us. My daughter is now able to swim down and touch the bottom of the pool in the shallow end of the Y so that's fun.

I need to do laundry, wash some dishes, & grocery shop before Sunday night. I'd like to work some more on our vacation album from 2017. Aidy Bryant's new series is on Netflix & I have high hopes for it so I will probably watch that while I'm scrapping. We have church Sunday morning & a St. Patrick's Day-themed make 'n' take event at a local art studio that afternoon that I'd like to make it to.

We almost always have pizza Friday night. DH goes out of town every other weekend so tonight is ordering from the place around the corner that has super gluten-y yummy pizza. When he is in town, I pick up frozen pizza from the store for him & one I split with the kids.

I love clothes, too (see shoe question above -- ha!), and am having fun finally wearing what I want to wear vs. what I think I'm supposed to wear or should wear as a plus-size person. I bought myself a salmon-y pink faux fur coat this winter that I've been rockin' the last few months. People either hate it and avoid eye contact with me altogether when I'm wearing it OR come up to me and say, "Oh, I love that coat!" I'm having a terrible time finding jeans that fit me properly but I keep hoping. I love rainbow-things and things with texture (currently wearing a fuzzy white sweater & also own a pair of black sequined joggers & black pleather leggings).
Old 03-15-2019, 12:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Shoes...flats, heels, runners, flip-flops....what's your perference?
Flats - mainly runners, nike air max are my go to because I suffered plantar fasciitis a few years back and they're the only brand that helped!

Nothing exciting, I did get my PS to work again after changing bank card and my subscription expiring

Nope, just to have a quiet one this weekend, I'm on antibiotics for a week so I can't even have my weekend glass of pink gin!

PIZZA! I've been on a healthy lifestyle thing for a few weeks but while I'm poorly I'm being a bit naughty so tonight is a steak and cheese pizza

My active wear, never been to the gym for 18 months, still buy and wear gym leggings ha!!
Old 03-15-2019, 02:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Depends on the season I love flats in spring, flip flops in summer, and boots in the Fall and winter.
Eli has his art work chosen for display at school
RELAX RELAX RELAX
Taco ring, per request of Eli
I was a print leggings addict for ages now I’m just into solid black leggings and tank tops. I’d wear them everyday if I never had to go anywhere.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have 4 pairs of chucks that I rotate.

My husband went to his orientation for flying lessons. He's quite excited about it; even if he's just on the waiting list for now.

We're helping some friends move into their new house this weekend. They just moved here from Denver and have been staying at my in-laws' for the last couple months.

We'll probably eat in. I make a loose dinner menu every two weeks that we just pick one off of every night and then cross it out when we fix it.

I'm a tee, jeans and cardigan kind of girl.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
For a year? Oh my! I don't think I've ever picked up on that piece of info.
Val - my GD suffered traumatic brain injury and had severe trauma to all parts of her brain. Good thing is that she has regained a lot but they think she is at the end of recovery process now so basically isn't expected to improve too much more now. She lost most of the last 4-5 yrs of her life and has lost her short term memory along with other deficits. She is always going to need help and supervision so when she eventually gets out we will have her live with us (I work at home so can help her along with my daughter (her mom) moving in to help too). So we're all going to live together when she gets out of the hospital but we don't know when that will be. She will go to a care home for awhile first (she's still in rehab hospital right now).
Old 03-15-2019, 03:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Val - my turn now to say I must have missed info....car accident? Glad you are ok. What happened?
Old 03-15-2019, 03:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LeeAndra - love your sense of fun in your clothes/shoes! I'm not quite so adventurous but do have a love of clothes and have a lot of them.

Gemma - glad you got the PS prescription sorted out. That would freak me out, to be without PS. Enjoy the pizza, I gave that up a few yrs ago (went GF and dairy-free).
Old 03-15-2019, 03:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ella - I love leggings/tights. I wear thin, thick, printed, solids....they are all worn often, usually with a long sweater or a long tee.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mandy - wow...flying lessons, that is exciting!

Me too....I'm a sweater/cardigan person and have a super big collection. I'm always cold so if I'm not wearing a hoodie then I'm usually in a sweater.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Rae I'm sorry about your granddaughter. One of the guy's at my husband's office (small office) kids were in a car accident, hit by a drunk driver. Their 16 year old son had a TBI. He is now wheelchair bound, can't talk, has seizures. But he's no longer on a ventilator or has a trach! So that's progress! It has been a rough road and my heart and prayers go out to your family. Hopefully there's additional help for your family when she comes home, too.

I have few shoes because I'm allergic to many of them due to a formaldehyde allergy. Shoes with a small heel, sneakers or flip flops all summer.

My son got new ski boots. NEW ones. We've always bought our kids used ski equipment as they were growing, so this is a huge deal. He's quite excited!

The guys leave for their ski trip tomorrow morning and I'll be home alone so I'm having some friends over for a scrap/craft day.

My son is having 7 friends over so we will likely order pizza for the gang.

Jeans. Every day! In the summer it's capris. Comfort definitely trumps fashion at this stage in my life!
Old 03-15-2019, 04:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. Shoes...flats, heels, runners, flip-flops....what's your preference? I wear them all, it depends on what I'm doing. My feet tire easily, so I wear a lot more flats than I used to.
  2. What is the best thing that happened this week to you or a loved one? My oldest son is off his crutches and out of his walking boot
  3. Is there something on your to-do list for the weekend? St. Patrick's day, errands, baseball
  4. What's for dinner tonight, do you eat in or out? No idea! We'll probably decide around 5pm
  5. Do you have a favorite clothing style or item that you often wear? Not really. It depends on what I'm doing. I wear business casual to work - usually a nice blouse with a coordinating blazer or sweater and nice jewelry, paired with jeans or slacks.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

[*]Shoes...flats, heels, runners, flip-flops....what's your preference? Flip flops. It's my favorite part about living in SE Asia. I hate having my feet confined!
[*]What is the best thing that happened this week to you or a loved one? Someone brought me new hair products from the States this week (Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Leave In and Creme Brulee, Aussie Instant Freeze Gel & Herbal Essence mousse). I paid for them, but because this couple brought them out for me, I didn't have to pay shipping or customs.
[*]Is there something on your to-do list for the weekend? SO MUCH! We had a half day on Friday, so we went to a nature park in the mountains Friday afternoon and enjoyed not being hot. Today (Sat) i'm going back to teach in the community where I used to teach English, and I'm a little bit nervous. Sunday Joel is leaving for a trip, and I plan on Marie Kondo-ing the boys' room.
[*]What's for dinner tonight, do you eat in or out? We're eating out tonight because we're meeting someone for dinner, but normally we eat in because we have three kids and eating out with them is not fun.
[*]Do you have a favorite clothing style or item that you often wear? Jeans/shorts & T-shirts is my favorite, although I rarely wear that combo anymore. I wear a lot of skirts because it's so hot here and it's not always appropriate to wear shorts.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Shoes...flats, heels, runners, flip-flops....what's your preference? Anything flat. In summer its what you call flip flops (except when I go to work) - we call them thongs which I know is something else to most of you!! When the weather is cooler and I'm at home, I'm in my slippers most of the time. If I go out its casual shoes (like Skechers) and boots for work with a small heel.

What is the best thing that happened this week to you or a loved one? Its raining! We seem to live in perpetual drought so rain is exciting for us!!

Is there something on your to-do list for the weekend? I'm taking the cat to the vet this morning (nothing serious - just an annual vaccination), my son to his tennis comp this afternoon if its not cancelled due to the rain, I need to clean out my chook (chicken) pen - but probably can't because of the rain...

What's for dinner tonight, do you eat in or out? I'm going to make a big pot of spaghetti bolognaise.

Do you have a favourite clothing style or item that you often wear? When I'm at home I live in shorts and t-shirts... have to dress up for work though.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:55 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for keeping the questions rolling Rae!

Converse for life. Ballet flats when I have to get fancy.

Husband applied for US Citizenship this week! We also had a growth scan for Bean today and everything looks great.

I stay at home and my husband works shifts, so weekend have kind of lost meaning to us! We don't have anything on the calendar, but I'd like to get some packing done, maybe some shopping, and definitely some designing.

We eat in like 90% of the time. Tonight I think it's chicken and leeks.

I usually have a favorite item each season. Over the winter I had a dark gray long sweater cardigan that I wore with everything.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:00 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I wear boots in the winter & flip flops or Toms in the summer.
I picked up my wedding dress today.
work & gym
vegetarian black bean enchilada casserole
jeans & a cute shirt
Old 03-15-2019, 06:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Shoes...flats, heels, runners, flip-flops....what's your perference? - Flats for sure. My favorites are my TOMS. Most comfortable shoes ever!!
What is the best thing that happened this week to you or a loved one? - My son spent his hard earned money on a Nintendo Labo kit. He's been putting it together for hours!
Is there something on your to-do list for the weekend? - Going to the rodeo tonight!!
What's for dinner tonight, do you eat in or out?- My husband has been smoking a brisket all day long, so we're having that with some roasted veggies!
Do you have a favorite clothing style or item that you often wear?- Sweats!
Old 03-15-2019, 08:33 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

1. Shoes...flats, heels, runners, flip-flops....what's your perference?
Definitely flats, it is very rare that I wear heels.

I loved that I had a rare week without being called to work. It meant no pay of course but I got time to catch up on things, spend time with my daughters and I got scrapping done!

3. Is there something on your to-do list for the weekend? Not really at this point. I will catch up with my Dad this afternoon but otherwise nothing is planned... more scrapping?

4. What's for dinner tonight, do you eat in or out?
We have eaten out a few times already this week so I really should cook but there is every chance my husband will organise something with friends while they are out sailing today... this often happens on Saturdays.

5. Do you have a favorite clothing style or item that you often wear?

Most definitely jeans. I wear jeans all year round, in all weather, for almost all dress codes. If I'm not in pyjamas, going to work, working out or at a fancy do (that requires heels) you will probably find me in jeans.

Old 03-15-2019, 08:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thx Cindi....we're taking it one day at a time with her needs and recovery. We pray for continued improvement but mostly we want her to be content and happy with her life.

Enjoy your scrap day tomorrow.

Sheri - great that your son is off crutches now.

Kellie - good luck with the cleaning. I've been listening to one of her audio books to pick up organizing/cleaning tips.

Kim - you have chickens? So you get fresh eggs?
Old 03-15-2019, 09:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Karli-Marie - sounds like a good wkend with packing, shopping and designing.

Mari - how exciting, picking up your dress today!!!

Niki - how fun, going to the rodeo and smoked brisket sounds yummy.

Kim - glad you had a week of no work. I am self-employed so if I don't work, I don't make any money but I need a balance b/c time off is important to me, I need "me" time.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Flats or flip flops! I hate shoes so the littlest bit I can manage on my feet is best! I grew up in the country with chicken poop between my toes! Hahaha!

It was a pretty unremarkable week this week and that's a good thing! I did finally spend some Christmas/Birthday money and buy myself a Cricut Maker tonight so I'm excited for that to come in the mail!

Headed to the next town over to Sam's club for my weekly stock up of celery! Haha! My sweet friend had been raving about the benefits she's experienced after drinking juiced celery and convinced me I had to try it! I've slept through the night, without any sleep aids for, 19 days in a row now since drinking celery juice! For an insomniac like me that's a miracle!!! So, juicing celery is now part of my morning routine, every single day!

Friday night is always pizza or leftovers! We had pizza tonight and homemade (Disney) Dole Whips in the ice cream maker!

I wear a lot of comfy pants at home-- not the gym type but the flowy soft kind and my mom gifted me a fuzzy zip up sweater that's really kind of hideous but oh so cozy. I wear that almost steady! I change into something less embarrassing for when I pick up my girls at school though!

Last edited by KingsQueen82; 03-15-2019 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Rae-I'm so sorry to hear about your GD. It sounds like you've got a solid plan in place and as positive an outlook as you can have!

Val-I'm glad you're okay!

And now on to the questions...
Sandals whenever it's even close to warm enough, but NEVER flip-flops--I find them so uncomfortable! When it's cooler I wear slip ons. Right now I have a pair of slip on sneakers I've been wearing a lot, but they don't look like sneakers.

My parents visited last weekend. In second place is that DH and I are going to book plane tickets tonight for a November trip. Last summer was our 20th anniversary, but because of some health issues in the extended family we didn't get to do anything by ourselves to celebrate. So in the fall we're making up for it with a 4-day trip by ourselves. So excited! We've done a night in a local hotel here and there and we've gone to a few out of town conferences for Ben's genetic disorder, but this is the first time since our oldest was born (16 years ago by the time we go) that we're going on a real vacation, just the 2 of us.

Ben has the flu, so we'll mostly be home.

Friday nights we eat home. It was a beautiful day (75 degrees!) and DH worked from home, so he was home early enough to grill for himself and the kids. I made myself a salad. Saturday nights we usually eat out.

Jeans, jeans, and more jeans. I'm lucky to have a job where I can wear jeans, too.
Old 03-16-2019, 03:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Shoes...flats, heels, runners, flip-flops....what's your perference? Flats or runners - I have awful balance and wear orthotics so practicality comes first
What is the best thing that happened this week to you or a loved one? An invite to a job interview
Is there something on your to-do list for the weekend? ummm....yes, hair cut, errand to the stationery shop, prep for my job interview
What's for dinner tonight, do you eat in or out? have no idea to be honest
Do you have a favorite clothing style or item that you often wear? leggings are my uniform really

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 03-16-2019, 09:53 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Sneakers, Boots.

Choir Concert for DD

Relax. Scrap. Rest. Laundry.

Not sure yet, it's too early to tell.

Tshirts and Jeans are my faves.

Old 03-16-2019, 10:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Shoes...flats, heels, runners, flip-flops....what's your perference? I LOVE shoes! I would probably have a shoe addiction, unfortunately I have size 12 feet, so I typically wear mens sneakers or flip flops. There is the occasional time I find Flats at Walmart (the only store we have locally), in size 11 and I have guilty of purchasing and wearing those just so I can wear a dress or just dress nice in general without my feet throwing the whole look off.
What is the best thing that happened this week to you or a loved one? hmmmm, things are pretty boring this time of year, so I guess the best thing that happened this week was that my Youngest graded up another Belt Color in Karate.
Is there something on your to-do list for the weekend? It's officially Spring Break here, so I have a nice big spring cleaning list to work on over the weekend.
What's for dinner tonight, do you eat in or out? Since this was posted yesterday, I'll say we had Tacos for Supper.....
Do you have a favorite clothing style or item that you often wear? Ha..... haha.... Since I don't leave the house much, I wear PJ's and tank tops most often..... but in all honesty I actually like to dress professional and my closet reflects that.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I prefer to not wear shoes as much as possible! During the summer, it's almost always flip flops (even sometimes in the winter. LOL!). Since moving to Idaho and having real winters, I've actually had to wear boots or tennis shoes in the winter. Since I've had blood clots in my leg starting a couple of years ago, my shoe size had changed on the left, I had to get rid of all my old shoes and it's hard to find shoes that are comfortable.

This was (thankfully) a quiet week. Last week our daughter & son-in-law came to visit for a couple of days. It was so fantastic having them here!!

I'll probably be scrapping most of the time this weekend. Going to church on Sunday (much needed!).

We ended up just running through Arby's at almost 10pm last night for dinner after driving our older son out to his GF's house.

I'm home most of the time. I have some really comfy, baggy clothes that are my favorite. I really prefer comfort over style. I do change into jeans and a nicer looking loose top when going out of the house so I don't look like a hobo!
Old 03-16-2019, 02:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I'm so sorry about your GD, Rae!! I can't imagine how hard that would be to go through for all of you. How wonderful that she got to go out on a day trip! I'm sure it will be nice to have her home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
What is the best thing that happened this week to you or a loved one? Not being injured in my car accident!
I'm SO glad you were okay after your accident, Val! That must have been so scary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
I love clothes, too (see shoe question above -- ha!), and am having fun finally wearing what I want to wear vs. what I think I'm supposed to wear or should wear as a plus-size person. I bought myself a salmon-y pink faux fur coat this winter that I've been rockin' the last few months. People either hate it and avoid eye contact with me altogether when I'm wearing it OR come up to me and say, "Oh, I love that coat!" I'm having a terrible time finding jeans that fit me properly but I keep hoping. I love rainbow-things and things with texture (currently wearing a fuzzy white sweater & also own a pair of black sequined joggers & black pleather leggings).
I SO wish I had your boldness, LeeAndra!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
Nope, just to have a quiet one this weekend, I'm on antibiotics for a week so I can't even have my weekend glass of pink gin!
I hope you're better soon, Gemma, so you can have your glass of pink gin! I've never really tried gin. I took a sip of a friend's martini once, but that's about it. Is the "pink" a flavor, or just coloring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellasspace View Post
Eli has his art work chosen for display at school
Congratulations to Eli!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chastml View Post
My husband went to his orientation for flying lessons. He's quite excited about it; even if he's just on the waiting list for now.
Wow! That's exciting!!
Old 03-16-2019, 03:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
My son got new ski boots. NEW ones. We've always bought our kids used ski equipment as they were growing, so this is a huge deal. He's quite excited!

The guys leave for their ski trip tomorrow morning and I'll be home alone so I'm having some friends over for a scrap/craft day.
It's costly to buy equipment for kids that are still growing!! I'll bet he's super happy about having something new!!

Have an awesome day scrapping, Cindi!! I need to get my ladies together again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
What is the best thing that happened this week to you or a loved one? My oldest son is off his crutches and out of his walking boot
I'll bet your son is very happy about that, Sheri!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
[*]What is the best thing that happened this week to you or a loved one? Someone brought me new hair products from the States this week (Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Leave In and Creme Brulee, Aussie Instant Freeze Gel & Herbal Essence mousse). I paid for them, but because this couple brought them out for me, I didn't have to pay shipping or customs.
Kellie, that sounds like a real treat!! I imagine it would be hard not having easy access to the products you really love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
Shoes...flats, heels, runners, flip-flops....what's your preference? Anything flat. In summer its what you call flip flops (except when I go to work) - we call them thongs which I know is something else to most of you!! When the weather is cooler and I'm at home, I'm in my slippers most of the time. If I go out its casual shoes (like Skechers) and boots for work with a small heel.
This really made me laugh, Kim!! When I was a kid, we called them thongs. It took a while before I got into the habit of calling them flip flops or sandals. My mom still calls them thongs and it always gets a giggle from my kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlimarie View Post

Husband applied for US Citizenship this week! We also had a growth scan for Bean today and everything looks great.
That's SO exciting Karli-Marie!!! Where is he originally from? How long is the process? We had a couple of friends who became citizens over the last few years. It was quite a process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I picked up my wedding dress today.
How exciting, Mari!! When is your wedding date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexy View Post
Is there something on your to-do list for the weekend? - Going to the rodeo tonight!!
How exciting! This is something I've never done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimGeling View Post
I loved that I had a rare week without being called to work. It meant no pay of course but I got time to catch up on things, spend time with my daughters and I got scrapping done!
Having time off is really nice, but the no pay isn't great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsQueen82 View Post

It was a pretty unremarkable week this week and that's a good thing! I did finally spend some Christmas/Birthday money and buy myself a Cricut Maker tonight so I'm excited for that to come in the mail!
A quiet week can definitely be a blessing!! Have fun with your new toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
My parents visited last weekend. In second place is that DH and I are going to book plane tickets tonight for a November trip. Last summer was our 20th anniversary, but because of some health issues in the extended family we didn't get to do anything by ourselves to celebrate. So in the fall we're making up for it with a 4-day trip by ourselves. So excited! We've done a night in a local hotel here and there and we've gone to a few out of town conferences for Ben's genetic disorder, but this is the first time since our oldest was born (16 years ago by the time we go) that we're going on a real vacation, just the 2 of us.
How exciting to have time away, just the two of you, Rachel!! 20 years is definitely something to celebrate! Where are you going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekiwi View Post
What is the best thing that happened this week to you or a loved one? An invite to a job interview
Best of luck on the interview, Jennifer!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ View Post
Relax. Scrap. Rest. Laundry.
Sounds like a perfect weekend, Kiana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
Is there something on your to-do list for the weekend? It's officially Spring Break here, so I have a nice big spring cleaning list to work on over the weekend.
That doesn't sound fun, but it will be nice to have it done!! I'm trying to motivate myself to start spring cleaning, too.