Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-30-2018, 04:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

A 1985 blue Ford Tempo that my parents bought December 1988. It LOOKED okay, but honestly that car had massive problems. It was totaled a year and a half later.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim21673 View Post
My first car was a 1986 Plymouth Horizon.

The first car I bought after I graduated from college and got my first teaching job was a 1997 Chevy Cavalier. I special ordered it so when I got it it only had a couple miles on it!!
My parents had this exact same car in gray/silver and it's what I learned to drive on! It looked like a VW rabbit...but way less cooler lol. It was even worse that my dad had a poster taped to the back windshield that said "I got pi$$ed on by trickle down economics" lol - anti Reagan ha ha!! I was mortified to drive it.

beckie_scraps on IG!

Last edited by g8rbeckie; 09-30-2018 at 07:47 PM.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My first car was a 1986 Oldsmobile Firenza, which I paid $1400 for after working 38 hrs/week at a grocery store for the entire summer in 1992. It was a horrible car (while looking for pics I noticed it made the list of top 50 worst cars of the 80s, lol!). It would stall/die while I was driving it, once in the middle of an intersection. And this was before cell phones! It was a huge mercy when it was totaled in an accident in late 1996, my senior year of college. I had a job offer already and with the offer letter they gave me a loan for a Ford Mustang!! I loved that car.

I can't figure out how to get the image to show up here, but this is it

beckie_scraps on IG!

Last edited by g8rbeckie; 09-30-2018 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Wow...someone revived a really old post. LOL!

My first car that I drove was my grandparents beat up Cadillac Cimarron. It was old but it worked. It looked like this but was blue.

The first car I purchased for myself was a 1989 Ford Probe. It looked exactly like this one.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:03 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My first car was a Pontiac Fiero (1985) (like in Ferris Bueller
it was standard (manual) transmission and had a sunroof and tail fin ...
the light flipped up and down except one was stuck and was always up so it was like she was blinking her eye.
I loved her for about 2 years until some girl on drugs rammed me into a telephone pole and she was totaled.

My next car was a 1996 Chevy Cavalier that I had for a few years until, me and my hubby moved into together and started sharing vehicles when we were dating.

We have had a few different rides, but our current and beloved is Courtney...
The 2012 Chevy Cruze like this except now she's got tinted windows

Last edited by Kiana; 10-01-2018 at 06:05 AM.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:40 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This is such a fun thread!! I love seeing everyone's first cars!

My hubby (boyfriend at the time) bought me my first car. It was a 1969 VW Squareback just like this. I got vanity plates "LOVDAVE" for it. I loved that thing... until I wrecked it

We just got a "beater" for our youngest son (who is a senior, but doesn't want to get his driver's license). It's a 1989 Bonneville
Old 10-01-2018, 08:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My "first" car was my husband's hand-me-down Dodge Caravan (minivan) that was already 20-years old and on it's last leg!
It looked like this (woody and all)

Seriously, after our wedding, we drove from PA to Mi and had to put in several quarts of oil at various rest stops because it had a bad oil leak. We parked it at a private parking lot, before taking the airplane to Mackinac Island. A few days later, we came home because I was seriously sick. It was cold. All the oil leaked out of our car and we had no back-up oil. It was a mess. We dealt with that for a couple of months before we upgraded to our first new to us, Plymouth Neon.
Old 10-01-2018, 08:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
This is such a fun thread!! I love seeing everyone's first cars!

My hubby (boyfriend at the time) bought me my first car. It was a 1969 VW Squareback just like this. I got vanity plates "LOVDAVE" for it. I loved that thing... until I wrecked it

We just got a "beater" for our youngest son (who is a senior, but doesn't want to get his driver's license). It's a 1989 Bonneville
My senior still doesnt have her permit, but Im okay with that!!
Old 10-13-2018, 07:24 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

sorry for the link but here no option i see to attach the picture
Old 10-13-2018, 12:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My mom got a maroon, 1985 Plymouth Horizon about 6 months before I turned 16. That became my car when I got my license.

In college, I needed a more reliable car so we got a gray 1988 Grand Am.

Followed up with a red, 1996, specially ordered, Chevy Cavalier when I graduated from college and got my first teaching job!

Traded that in and got a 2000 silver Grand Am. Hubby drove that when we got married and I needed more kiddo room. I had a maroon 2006 GMC Envoy, a silver 2010 Chevy Traverse and now a silver 2014 Toyota Sienna.

Last edited by kim21673; 10-13-2018 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-13-2018, 12:51 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna View Post
All I wanted for my 16th birthday was a 1967 Ford Mustang and my Dad actually found one and bought it for me! It looked just like this but had a black top and man did I LOVE that car! It was fun to drive, even though it didn't have power steering or power brakes (probably not the best choice for a brand new driver). I had just got my first job and was supposed to help make the payments on it, but unfortunately I only had it less than 6 months before I got in an accident and it got totaled

It's been almost 18 years and to this day I still get crap from my entire family about wrecking that car! Since I was the oldest I kinda ruined it for all my younger siblings cause my Dad learned his lesson and they didn't get anything nice for their first cars lol...

Oh my gosh! I always always wanted a Mustang from the 60s! Never got my wish. But boy are they pretty!!!

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 10-13-2018, 01:04 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Cars are a hot topic at my house right now. One daughter bought herself a Toyota Carolla last summer, next daughter bought herself a Nissan Altima this summer and the next is 16 and looking.... we have a rule... approx $3000 or less, mommy n daddy will give you $1000, and you must pay your own insurance...of course we help while they are away at college.

I'm going to have to hunt down photos.... but my first car was my grandmother's 1980 yellowish cream colored Ford Fairmont with pleather seats.... that I covered in a Raggety Ann bed sheet so I wouldn't burn my legs in the summer.

My next car was my mothers 1986 Mustang, that I had to buy... had to learn to drive stick.

One day while on the way home from my classes at community college, LUCKILY I had the Fairmont that day because it was nasty rainy weather, and I was not so good with stick just yet.... a lady skidded across a four lane highway and I hit her head on at almost full speed.... if I had been in the mustang, I probably would not have survived the accident... I only had two fractures on my face... Car was totaled, but my father the mechanic, went to the junk yard for parts, and fixed it up for my sisters first car.

Anyway, I drove my Mustang till right before hubby and I got married, I knew I wanted babies right away and mommy car. So I got a Taurus. When baby number two was on the way hubby decided he hated my car and we got my first minivan, a Chrysler Grand Voyager. Then my Ford Winstar, then my first Sienna and now my beloved 2008 Sienna, that I will prob drive till it dies....

But we also own a 1996 Ford Bronco, that hubby bought when we were dating and it only has 60,000 miles on it. We also own a used Expedition.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Last edited by StacyLynn; 10-13-2018 at 01:15 PM.
Old 11-16-2020, 07:08 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Last 2018 I got a Honda Civic as a graduation gift from my parents and I love it, I've been driving for a while back then by borrowing our family car so sometimes I need to re-schedule some of my plans if the family car was in use. That's why I can't forget the feeling of finally having my own car, and in a very sexy black color too. Now that I'm working, I'm already the one in charge of the car's maintenance and insurance I'm so glad they got me a Civic because I just recently found out that this car is one of the cheapest cars to insure through this article https://www.surex.com/blog/whats-ave...y-cost-ontario Aside from its relaiability, it sure is fun to drive too!
Old 11-22-2020, 12:03 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I've enjoyed reading this old thread!

The first car I drove when I got my license in 1972 was a 1964 Ford Falcon. It was in my mom's name though. She got it for $500 from a "little old lady that only drove it to church" through a local dealership where my uncle was a mechanic. He made sure it was in good condition before purchasing it. The first car that I had in my name was a 1978 Chevy Monza that the down payment was a college graduation gift from my parents. My payments for 3 years were $84 a month.

After that I have owned a 1982 Datsun 310, 1987 Pontiac Grand Am, 1994 Pontiac Grand Am, a 2001 Chevy Blazer and my current vehicle, a 2016 Chevy Spark.

Only the 2001 Chevy Blazer was not purchased new. It was a dealer demo vehicle and 2 years old when I got it. I kept it 13 years and sold it to my neighbor for his son to take to college. Son has graduated and it is still going strong! I do miss that vehicle though for the hauling capacity.

Now I'm thinking I need to find pictures of all of these and scrap my auto history!