Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2009, 06:01 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Freaking Dog...

My friend started working again this week and works 11 hour days - and needed someone to look after her dog. I work 8's and I know her dog is OK in their place for that long alone, but I'd have to walk to her place which takes a half hour, so we decided that he would stay here and another neighbor would come check in on him periodically through the day.

I was a little worried that he'd trash my house, and she was pretty sure he would be fine, told me not to worry about it.

I came home 2 hours early today, and when I came up the back parking lot...I noticed that the blinds were literally SHREDDED and a complete mess. I was livid, but couldn't figure out how he got to that window.

Walked in...and discovered how it happened. Stupid dog climbed on my computer chair, onto the table that my computer is on, had a freak attack THERE...4 plants were lined up along the back of the table, the pots are on the floor, dirt and parts of plants everywhere. All the paperwork I had on the table is caked in dirt and flung all over the area. My monitor is face down and scratched all over the back, like he'd walked on it - my keyboard and tablet are literally hanging over the edge of the table, pen for the tablet is flung almost to the kitchen - my webcam and speakers are all knocked over. I immediately picked up the monitor to check the damage on the front - it's got one big scratch on the left side of the actual screen area, the edges of it are scratched quite a bit, but other than the anal part of me where everything has to be perfect, it's not that bad. My 1TB hard drive wasn't plugged in, was just tipped over and scratched up on all sides (how did he do THAT?!). I pulled the blinds up and there's dirty dog nose prints and slobber all over the window...eww.

I was MAD. Like hopping mad. I dragged his sorry little butt back up the stairs and screamed at him, pointing to the disaster he'd created. Now he is tied up outside, where he will stay until she gets home from work.

This isn't the first time this has happened...this dog has serious issues - we figure it's separation anxiety. In her last house, he clawed through a screen to get out, then another time broke a window and then clawed through that screen. In their travel trailer, he heard a diesel pull up and nobody came to greet him fast enough, so he literally busted through a window there.

I figured out what happened though...she came to check on him partway through the day and he heard the truck...had his attack on my desk (why on my desk instead of at the glass patio door which is immediately next to it, I have no idea) waiting for her to come get him.

Oh and then sometime between her coming to check on him and me getting home (about an hour, btw), he peed on my carpet downstairs. Grrrr.

I quite literally HATE this dog now. Before all his little quirks we just explained by his weird personality, but this has gone too far. Her boyfriend doesn't want the dog to stay in their travel trailer while they're at work because of the busted out window last month, and now he can't be at my place, either.

Stupid, stupid, stupid moron of a dog. Grrrr. I texted her as soon as I saw the disaster and told her she was lucky I didn't kill him with my own 2 hands...

ETA: And now the girl that lives on the other side of the wall from me just informed me that he barked...all...day. Great.

Last edited by ditzyscrap; 09-24-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

og goodness Bree.....I would have strangled that dog....what a mess!!!! What did your girlfriend say??

Proud to be creating for:

Old 09-24-2009, 06:11 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

WOW!! I am not a dog person at all. I mean I like dogs ok and there are some I would own but for the most part I am a cat person and one of the reasons is that cats would never act like that. Glad nothing was seriously damaged though

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 09-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'd be mad too, but with your friend. It sounds like this doggy has a history of problems and your friend should have found some safer arrangement for him rather than just hoping he didn't destroy your house!
Old 09-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydays View Post
og goodness Bree.....I would have strangled that dog....what a mess!!!! What did your girlfriend say??
She just said "well that didn't work, I'm sorry" (she hasn't gotten home yet, I'm sure she'll say more...that was just a text, lol)
Old 09-24-2009, 06:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

lol...well I hope she says more than that...what are you doing while you wait for her??? NOT cleaning up I hope....

Old 09-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
lol...well I hope she says more than that...what are you doing while you wait for her??? NOT cleaning up I hope....
Well I picked up my computer and sorta cleaned while I talked to my aunt on the phone...picked up the papers and stuff. But yeah, SHE gets to look after the majority of it, lol. Here's what the disaster looks like right now:

Old 09-24-2009, 06:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

oh my
Old 09-24-2009, 06:41 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

WOWWWW!! You know my sil and bil had a cocker spaniel and that dog literally shredded their sofa one day while they were at work. They walked in and it looked like it had snowed in the house because there was stuffing everywhere and the sofa was basically bare wood because it had no stuffing or cloth left on it

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 09-24-2009, 06:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OMG Bree!!! My jaw totally dropped....look at your blinds!!!! Sheesh

Old 09-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

And that's why people should get a crate for a dog with obvious separation anxiety.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Good thing blinds are cheap and they weren't custom made draperies or anything but damnnnn...definitely ban the dog. I like dogs, but not huge ones and NOT in my house...
Old 09-24-2009, 07:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Well, I just let the dog back in the house, lol...when you walk in the door you can go either up or down stairs...he walked up about 3 steps then turned back around and sat at the closed door. He's scared to come in...he KNOWS what he did was bad. In fact when I came in the house right after work, he was already cowering at the door.

I'll definitely have to suggest a kennel or crate while they're at work, though...they were going to look into doggy daycare in the area or someone to look after their dogs (they have 2 though only 1 was at my place - the other is with her boyfriend and he's away...when they're together this dog doesn't DARE do anything because the big Rotti will kick his butt if he does, lol) and cook supper, clean their house, etc every day.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I would SO be telling her to take the dog away and make other arrangements. But then, I'm really not a dog person. I wouldn't have volunteered in the first place, not matter how close a friend she was.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

HOLY POOP!!! Yeah, dogs like that need a kennel/crate!
Old 09-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Just another reason whey I am not ready for a dog.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:46 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
OMG Bree!!! My jaw totally dropped....look at your blinds!!!! Sheesh
I did that exact same thing! Wow, I hope you get everything fixed alright. Good luck