Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-29-2020, 12:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTW 09/28

Entertainment - what are you reading, watching and/or listening too?
Old 09-29-2020, 01:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I’ve just started the Bellingwood series by Diane Greenwood Muir. I’ve got the first 8 to read but I’ll space them out amongst other books so it’ll take awhile to read them all.

We’re in the middle of season 2 of The Good Fight and have a few episodes left of Watchmen. We also started Altered Carbon on the wkend.

I’ve been watching YouTube vids about plant based meals as I recently switched from keto/paleo to plant based.
Old 09-29-2020, 06:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm watching BoJack Horseman, listening to last year's Slipknot release, and I just finished reading The Tattooist of Auschwitz. Goodness, how am I not depressed? lol
Old 09-29-2020, 06:48 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have been too tired to read at night lately.....so nothing new for me right now.

TV.... I am just started The Tudors on Netflix, and hubby and I have been watching a couple shows on HGtv... one where they are redoing a hotel on an island...

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 09-29-2020, 07:49 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I've been watching Real Housewives of Potomac. I can't believe I didn't start watching the moment it premiered cuz I love RH. This franchise is wonderful!

I'm a 90s kid at heart so I've been listening to alt rock with some 70s mixed in. I was listening to "Fortunate Son" when I can upon a video on intsa where Dan Forgarty talked about why he wrote that song. Crazy how it's relevant today.

Reading? Well, if you mean books like I think you mean lol I haven't really been reading anything. I've been sticking with magazines and forum posts. That's about all I can take right now. But I did just pull The BFG from a pile. I think I'm going to read it to the kids.
Old 09-29-2020, 01:02 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My hubby & I just finished watching Friday Night Lights and have started in on Blindspot.

I just made myself an 80s dance playlist to give myself some motivation/energy to make some headway on some home projects.

I've been on a regency romance kick (just discovered authors Carolyn Carolyn Miller and Kristi Ann Hunter) because I need something happy and non-demanding right now in my reading material =)
Old 09-29-2020, 04:14 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Reading- The Book of Little Axe and I'm reading The One and Only Bob aloud to my kids.
Watching- Cobra Kai with my husband (we sped through the first season in 2 nights but have stalled on season 2) and Bloodline by myself. Counting down the days til the 6th season of Schitt's Creek is on!
Listening to- Next to Normal original broadway soundtrack, my usual podcasts- The Archers, Ask Me Another, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me & Casefile.
Old 09-29-2020, 08:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

what are you reading:
Dear Emmie Blue by Lia Louis

watching:
Down to Earth with Zac Efron, The American Barbecue Showdown

listening:
The Pull of the Stars by by Emma Donoghue
Old 09-29-2020, 09:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Reading: Audible Escape (a paid library for audiobooks) is ending Nov 1st, so I've been listening to as many of the audiobooks as possible from my "To Read" list. Right now I'm working my way through Penny Reid's The Winston Brothers series.

Watching: Right this minute the Presidential debate. Other than that, nothing really.

Listening: When I'm not listening to audiobooks I'm listening to the Hamilton soundtrack.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am finishing up "The Great" on Netflix which is very cable-friendly/NSFW so I have to watch once the kiddos are in bed. It's very loosely based on Catherine the Great's life. It's actually a little funny because my pastor looks a lot like Nicholas Hoult/Peter, and Peter definitely acts and speaks in very un-pastorlike ways. I have to remind myself all the time that it's not actually my pastor on the screen.

I just started (re)watching "Once Upon A Time" with my 11yo daughter. I watched it while it was on ABC but she's never seen it. Fantasy is her preferred genre to read & write so I'm excited to see her really get into it.

I'm not reading anything ATM. I started a new job in medical education a couple weeks ago so I spent a lot of the day reading for work.

I listen to music all day long on Spotify while I'm working; part of my current rotation includes songs from "Star," "Nashville," and "Glee," the "Hamilton" soundtrack (though not as obsessively as my daughter who listens to it on repeat whenever she has free time), Lizzo, Demi Lovato, and my own curated playlists.