Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default Christmas Present Help

Anyone want to help me come up with more Christmas presents? You already helped me with my step-sister, but I have some more.

First, my 15 year old sister says all she wants is cash for Christmas. I don't do cash, I buy presents because I bargain shop and can get a lot more for my money. So what do you think? Buy her something anyway or just give her cash?

One of my best friends is in Iraq right now. I don't know what to get her (I did make her a couple of gifts with pictures of her dd that her dh has sent me, but I want something else). She is using her time in Iraq to get back down to her goal weight so I don't want to send any food which is usually what I do when my friends are in Iraq. Also her birthday is in January, so I would send that present at the same time. Any good ideas?

Those are the 2 tough ones. Any ideas? TIA!
Old 12-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to iJenny

As for the teenager, I would just suck it up and give her cash. Its a teenager thing.

For your friend in Iraq, I would first-of-all send her x-mas and b-day gift at the same time. Saves money and time for both. For gifts, what about box full of fun stuff like magazines (parenting mags, gossip mags, entertainment mags), a movie/CD, a GC to itunes if she has an ipod and internet access (which I'm assuming she does), a good book, and some "healthy" snacks like dried fruit, sugar-free gum, etc.

creating for
* 9th & Bloom * Jennifer Barrette Designs * Polly & Rufus Designs *

Old 12-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Mandy

Give the teenager cash. She may be saving for something special - my DD does the same thing.
For your friend, why not send a care package? Good idea on the books and magazines, but maybe a couple of decks of cards, deodorant, freshening wipes, sunblock, etc. I bet she would enjoy that a lot! Maybe stick some pretty lotions in there or something...HTH!

Old 12-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Great ideas, girls. I never thought of a care package, just seemed like a normal thing not a present, but you are right, great idea. Better go shopping this week to make sure it makes it on time. I'll probably send some good lotions and nail polish, always nice to feel like a girl when you aren't living like one.

And I guess I remember trying to save for big things when I was a teenager and not old enough for a job, too, guess I will suck it up.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

For the teenager I would probably give half cash - half GC's. Maybe a gc to her favorite clothing store or Itunes or something. Or a DVD or 2. The rest cash like she asked for (in case she's saving for something big like was mentioned). That way she gets what she wanted, and you still get to hunt for the bargains!

As for your friend in Iraq, I love the idea of girly things... nail polish, lotions, & her favorite makeup? Maybe some pretty earrings?

Huge fan of:

Old 12-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapperjade View Post
For the teenager I would probably give half cash - half GC's.

Maybe some pretty earrings?
Oh, those are both great ideas!