Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Healthy in 2012 Club: week 01/29 - 02/04

Eek! Forgot to put this weeks thread up How is everyone doing? I am having a PMS'y week here...so it is tough. I have been to the gym 2 days this week, but haven't been doing much at home for exercise. I need to get some more cardio in before the week is done...and stay away from the bread and chocolate that I am craving.

PMS always throws off my best healthy living intentions!
Old 02-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm just bitchy cause hubby has been. But Went to the gym a few times so far this week. Haven't been eating great, but hoping to do better the rest of the week.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I'm still following my calorie counting, but only worked out 2 days this week so far. I am in a bad mood tonight, thinks that means the ol' friend must be coming soon (I seriously never know when its coming until I start getting symptoms..normally super bloated and craving chocolate and just can't figure out why...lol).
Old 02-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm weighing in tomorrow and I know that I've put on. This week I wasn't prepared so I have nobody to blame but myself. But I'm totally prepared for next week x
Old 02-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I weighed in last night at my meeting, I lost 2.2 which brought me up to 11 pounds which was also passing my 5%. But now I am sick and struggling to get my points in.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm doing pretty good! And I thank the universe every month that I've never been one to have PMS - LOL (go ahead and hate me, I acn take it )

Anyway, I'm doing well with being more active (the last goal I have to meet). I've been doing weight training every other day and 45 minutes of cardio every day except Sunday. I'm definitely finding that the closer I get to 50 the more I need to work at keeping the muscle mass The fact that I'd rather be sitting and scrapping or reading instead of moving doesn't help!
Old 02-02-2012, 12:14 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Came down with a whopper of a cold this week and couldn't make it to the gym M - W. Went today and it felt so nice to get back into a routine. Food is on track this week Now if I could just get in the habit of drinking more water.

Congrats on the 11 lbs loss Liz!!!!
Old 02-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Ai ai ai... I've not been doing so well... I'll come back stronger next week!

Pouring my creative self into perfection made by Ju Kneipp
Old 02-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

As of Monday, I've lost 35 lbs. I only have 15 more to go until I can have my bypass.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewilcox View Post
Anyway, I'm doing well with being more active (the last goal I have to meet). I've been doing weight training every other day and 45 minutes of cardio every day except Sunday. I'm definitely finding that the closer I get to 50 the more I need to work at keeping the muscle mass The fact that I'd rather be sitting and scrapping or reading instead of moving doesn't help!
That sounds about like my workout schedule except we just added in the weight training this week. And wow, took days to not be so sore. And I guess I gained back my lb from last week. But I feel better over all. I'd like to be muscular and not just fat skinny at the end of this.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula View Post
As of Monday, I've lost 35 lbs. I only have 15 more to go until I can have my bypass.
way to go!!! that's a lot of weight you've dropped
Old 02-02-2012, 05:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've been exercising daily doing the 30-Day Shred. I did day 8 today, and feel pretty good. I don't calorie count because well, I really don't know HOW, but I am watching what I eat and am making healthier choices. My scales are all over the place depending on what time of day I weigh in, but I think I've lost a couple of pounds. Maybe. LOL. I'm looking to step up my exercising and do more than just the 20 min shred workout. I wanted to wait till my body got through that initial pain phase and got used to doing exercise again. I think I'm there now.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula View Post
Way to go Paula!!
Old 02-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've had a few busy days so haven't gone to the gym - will head back hopefully tomorrow

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 02-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Seems like a lot of us are having a crappy week. I've got hit by the 24 hour flu bug followed right behind by a cold. My immune system is so bad, I hate it. But I have been trying to eat all the right things and drink plenty of fluids, so I'm hoping I will show a loss on Sunday.

Big congrats to the ladies that lost and all of you who are making it to the gym this week. Truthfully, I've been lucky to make it out of bed and into work.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

So I was being pesemistic I weighed in today and lost 2.5lbs which I'm not thrilled about but I'm happy Congrats to all the ladies that lost great job anybody got any good desert recipes to share?x
Old 02-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

The closest I come to dessert these days is fresh fruit and that 3 2 1 mini cake recipe.

http://www.food.com/recipe/3-2-1-cake-455416

I'm dying for one of those lemon girl scout cookies though.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:27 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

this is one of my fave light dessert treats that I make - http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/...ush-51103.aspx
Old 02-02-2012, 10:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats, Paula and Star! Everyone who's sick, feel better.

I haven't weighed in yet this week, but I've been doing alright counting calories. It was a little harder than usual because the coconut shrimp I made to top my salad the last 3 nights made my dinner about 150 calories more than usual. I thought it would be fine because I usually leave about that many calories unallocated for when I feel snacky. Nope, not fine. Lesson learned-the shrimp was delicious, but not worth struggling all day to resist temptation (especially since many of the things I wanted to eat were healthy). I need those extra calories to be for snacking, not dinner.

Last edited by rach3975; 02-02-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I lost 2lb when I got weighed last Saturday and it's weigh day again tomorrow. I have been good apart from A quarter of a chocolate bar I had, I just don't feel good about getting a loss though!

I've hardly been to the gym again, I know it's a crappy excuse but after I've dropped the kids at school it's just too cold to walk the mile to get there. I'm going to go at least 3 times next week!
Old 02-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn Barrette View Post
this is one of my fave light dessert treats that I make - http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/...ush-51103.aspx
Thanks Jenn. I'm going to try this one when I have my sister and her husband over for dinner. I do a lot with angel food cake, but nothing this pretty and yummy sounding,
Old 02-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

its been a tough few days lately again - although I have been relatively good about exercise etc its been hard with food as my grandma (who I live with) can't eat much (bowel condition we think) so not a lot of cooking has been done but tonight I am being relatively good - 1/2 a frozen dinner (macaroni cheese) and green salad

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 02-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

I lost 1.5 this week but I know it was due to the walking/jogging because while I wasn't awful with food...I wasn't good either (other than my green smoothie every day).

I'm just giving myself credit for the 3 days of walking/jogging and moving on Baby steps.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

2lb off for this week too, which takes me to 8 and 1/2 pound in 3 weeks. I lost more in my first week (4 and a half) than I have in the last 2 weeks but I can't complain as any loss is good!

I'm going to go to the gym 3/4 times this coming week, even if I have to freeze on the walk there. I can't keep making excuses!
Old 02-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyfish View Post
I lost 1.5 this week but I know it was due to the walking/jogging because while I wasn't awful with food...I wasn't good either (other than my green smoothie every day).

I'm just giving myself credit for the 3 days of walking/jogging and moving on Baby steps.
Okay question for you Tracy and anyone else that does the green smoothie thing. Are they filling? Are they over filling? I've been thinking about getting into these, but I'm not much of a breakfast person and sometimes smoothies are very heavy on the tummy. If I am to do this though I don't want it to leave me full for a bit then starving after. KWIM?
Old 02-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

Here's my recipe....one banana, one tangerine, couple strawberries, a large handful of spinach, 1 scoop of the Visalus protein shake mix, a few ice cubes and a little water.

To me this is filling, but I will say that I eat it as a mid-morning "snack" and then eat a light lunch. So I'm not sure it would work for me as a meal (the Visalus shakes did not work for me as a meal...mainly from boredom of drinking my meals every day).

Old 02-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Weighed in this morning and I have lost 1.7 lbs this week. It wasn't my best week but since I didn't go over my points, I feel like I still did ok. Not great though as I just knew I was eating more this week than I should have. Still doing well with the salt reduction, but didn't get enough water in. My cold really made me grumpy and I still want to eat when I am unhappy. Going to keep working on it though and be happy for the 1.7 lbs I did lose. Over 20 lbs total lost now.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I weighed in this morning, and I'm down 2 more lbs. Still not being good enough about exercising, but at least I'm eating well and losing.