Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2012, 11:22 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Healthy in 2012 Club: week 01/22 - 01/28

Another week is starting, how is everyone doing?

I pick-up one of those Bodybugg type things a few weeks ago, and it is so cool to see how many calories I am burning...or not burning if I sit at the computer too much. Yesterday I spend the afternoon cleaning closets, and burned a ton of calories, I never realized cleaning could be such a work out.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I ate badly yesterday, had cheese bread for lunch and thus only ate veggies for supper, but other than that I have been doing ok. I need to do a weight and measuring again soon.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

Jenn, did you get a Fitbit by any chance? I'm considering getting one.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:48 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Stay on track, and I need to get some workouts in. I did not do that last week.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:38 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaGardner View Post
Jenn, did you get a Fitbit by any chance? I'm considering getting one.
I actually got the Body Media Fit - http://www.bodymedia.com/Products/Le...-BodyMedia-FIT
Old 01-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I really need to get my butt in gear and get working out! Also need to plan the 10km Hike I'm planning on doing in the Dublin Mountains the first weekend in Feb

But have my WW menu planned for the whole week which I'm proud of x
Old 01-22-2012, 02:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well I kept going to the gym untill I caught what the kids had. Had to bail for tomorrow due to the fever. I'm almost hoping that being sick will help me lose weight. Doubting it though.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I have to plan my menu for this week too. It helps so much to keep me on track. My mom and son are also losing weight because of the healthier meals we're having. WW has also been very good for my mother's diabetes. Seems we are all getting a bit healthier right now. My goal for next week is to drink more water every day. I drink an average of 40 oz a day which is too low.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, I didn't go to the gym today but I'm not going to dwell on it, I want to go 3/4 times this coming week so it's still possible.

One good thing for me is that I actually cooked supper last night instead of doing the usual Saturday thing and ordering pizza, I think I can keep it up every weekend now!

Here's to a good week to everyone!
Old 01-22-2012, 04:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh. Don't even ask me.

Last week, cookies were on sale for $0.98. I bought a few packages to use in baking (I have a recipe for some grasshopper muffins I wanted to bake for a friend). Yeah. No. I ate 3 packages of Keebler cookies. By myself. In the span of 4 days. I want to cry.

On the bright side, I'm actually a little closer to my weight goal than I was last week, but it's looking like I won't hit the mark I wanted to for January... :/

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 01-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Jenni, I am a total binge eater so I try not to have stuff like that in the house...but I am also a very impulsive shopper...so sometimes it does happen. Right now we have 3 boxes of granola bars that were on sale and they keep calling my name!
Old 01-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Same thing happened to me with a cinnamon roll this week. I knew I shouldn't eat it, but I kept thinking about it and finally just ate it. Afterwards I felt disappointed in myself and the roll because it wasn't even that great. Instead of letting myself dwell on it, which I can easily do, I checked where I was with my points and ate fruits and veggies for the rest of the day so that I would not go over. I am seriously craving some of those Girl Scout Lemon cookies though, so I hope none of those little darling ring my doorbell any time soon.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

my biggest issue isn't what is at home but what is out in the big wide world out there when I am out alone - it is so tempting to buy and eat stuff I shouldn't

My goal this week is to cut down the amount of diet coke I am drinking and increase the water intake
Keep going at the gym at least 3 times a week for 30+ minutes

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 01-23-2012, 01:15 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Well today was a bust I slept it out for work, so no time for breakfast(which is such a bad start) and forgot my lunch so I basically just ate fruit all day as on the short shift we get our breaks in 15 min intervals and the nearest shop is 15 mins away so that was a no go (happy that i resisted the temptation of the 6 vending machines with all sorts of processed fattening goodies in our building) so by the time I got home I was STARVING and I totally ate too much and now feel fat and bloated. It was healthy foods that I ate but I ate too much. Oh well out for a run now to try and make myself feel better! x
Old 01-23-2012, 01:16 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriebug66 View Post
Same thing happened to me with a cinnamon roll this week. I knew I shouldn't eat it, but I kept thinking about it and finally just ate it. Afterwards I felt disappointed in myself and the roll because it wasn't even that great. Instead of letting myself dwell on it, which I can easily do, I checked where I was with my points and ate fruits and veggies for the rest of the day so that I would not go over. I am seriously craving some of those Girl Scout Lemon cookies though, so I hope none of those little darling ring my doorbell any time soon.
This happens to everybody hun me and some Ben and Jerrys last week led to no points soup for dinner lol x
Old 01-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a little rant today, and need some encouragement & cheering up if anyone can spare any. I need it today (I think my period might be on it's way, it's still totally whacked after having Elora).

Okay, so I live an hour away from any decent grocery stores (we have 2 in town that are double the price of the city... $6/jug of milk, $4.50/lb for green pepper, $3 for cucumber, etc). So we go to the city every 1-2 weeks, as we need groceries, and we generally are there for most of the day, which involves eating out twice.

So I'm on WW, and I was determined to be good. We had Quizno's for lunch, and I picked something that I thought was pretty good (grilled chicken & veggies, with a bit of honey mustard). I was proud of myself for getting good food! Then DH totally sabotaged that by going to Dairy Queen later, and I got a Blizzard, but only at half. A little indulgence isn't so bad, right? Then we went for supper, and I had a salad and a whole wheat calzone (mostly veggies inside, a bit of chicken, and a TINY bit of cheese), which was baked, and not at all greasy.

On Sunday afternoon, I sat down and decided to plug in my points for the day. And I got the shock! My "good" day ended up being 73 points!!! I went to the Quizno's site, and got the nutritional values for my sandwich, which ended up being 22 points?!?!? Which is ridiculous - I could have got a Big Mac & Fries for the same points!! Not that I wanted to, but I thought I was making a better choice. It's like a blow to the stomach when you realize that you failed when you were actually trying! Dairy Queen was 18 points, supper was 17 points. I am just so discouraged/bummed out.

Yesterday when I was plugging in points for Sunday, I came across Fat Free Cool Whip. Guess how much that garbage is? 1 POINT for 3 TBSP. Which is like free food! But that irritates me because it's like "garbage" is okay to eat during WW, but trying to eat whole, healthy, clean foods are "bad" because they are sky-high in points!! I know we are encouraged to eat lots of fruits & veggies, but I need fillers too, like protien. I add a tiny bit of protien and all of a sudden my "meal" is worth a gajillion points, and I am blowing over my daily total AND my weekly total, just trying to eat like a normal person. I don't want to be stuffing my face with carrot sticks & celery, desperately trying to feel satisfied and trying to lose weight.

I am just so discouraged & depressed today....

Huge fan of:

Old 01-23-2012, 03:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

SO sorry sweetie! I know you are discouraged but look on the bright side. You made the effort and had intent to choose healthy. I hope you can find the foods that satisfy you and that you enjoy eating.

WW never worked for me and I think that is why. I know it is a great program and many people have success on it. It just didn't work for me.

No change for me since Thursday. I am on my cycle so I am just glad it didn't go up! I am still at 57 lbs down.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiefamily View Post
WW never worked for me and I think that is why. I know it is a great program and many people have success on it. It just didn't work for me.
I've been on WW for a month, and am only down 5 lbs. I KNOW that's better than nothing, but I've had greater success eating healthy on my own, without having to pay $20 a month and be a total grump the whole time, lol. When my 3 month "trial" that I prepaid is up, I think I'm done with WW all together. I find it more annoying than anything, lol!

Huge fan of:

Old 01-23-2012, 05:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well after a week at the gym I have lost 11.2lbs - woo hoo, I know each week wont be like that but I am so happy

Scrappy Instagram

Old 01-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekiwi View Post
Well after a week at the gym I have lost 11.2lbs - woo hoo, I know each week wont be like that but I am so happy
That is incredible Jennifer!! Congrats! Give yourself a pat on the back - you are doing amazing!

Huge fan of:

Old 01-23-2012, 06:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Jennifer, that's wonderful!!! Congratulations!

Jaedyn - ugh..I would be frustrated as well. I think you need to do what is going to work best for you. I've done WW before and it really helped me learn correct portion control, but now I keep track on my own. Good luck!

Penny
Old 01-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats, Jennifer!

I'm sorry, Jaedyn! It's so frustrating to think you're being good and find out later on that you would have been better off eating the "bad" option! I used to have the same problem any time I ate out unexpectedly and couldn't check calories/points ahead of time. I've learned to deal with it by identifying one meal at each of our favorite restaurants that I know I can eat, and if I can't research nutrition info ahead of time I try to make sure we go to one of those places. Like at an Italian restaurant, I almost always get plain pasta with marinara and usually just eat half of it. At home I'd never eat such a high carb meal, but at our Italian restaurant that's much lower in calories than a salad! Crazy.

It wasn't a great week for me. One of my kids hasn't been sleeping well, so I've been up with him from 1 am-3 am a lot of nights. Every time we go through a stretch like this I end up so tired and frustrated that I make bad food choices. I'm not weighing in this week because it's that time of month and the number is meaningless (I always gain a few pounds of water weight and lose it right afterward), so hopefully I'll have time to make up for a few bad days before I weigh in. The good news is that even though I've caved on some junk and eaten too many calories a few days, I've kept tracking, owned up to all of it, and am still doing better than I would be if I wasn't tracking. So maybe no weight loss, but still a victory!
Old 01-23-2012, 07:17 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Jaedyn - The fact that you chose better foods than you could have shows that you are making the lifestyle choices that you need to in order to be healthier so WELL DONE to you, to me thats a great acheivement! I find that WW is great for me as I have a ton of weight to lose but its not for everybody now that you have the general system and idea maybe you could tie it in with your normal healthy eating and go from there

Jennifer - That is AMAZING! Congrats you are doing awesome!

Rachel - Hope your little one gets back into a good sleeping routine soon
I'm sure you can do it before your next weigh in and congrats on keeping track and owning up x
Old 01-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

Well I weighed last Friday and didn't lose, but didn't gain either. I did the Warrior Dash yesterday and was sore today, but my food was awful today. After seeing pics of myself all soaking wet and muddy from the race it really makes me want to lose the weight (especially before next year's race).

Tomorrow I will start watching the food again.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:48 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

That is awesome Jennifer!

Jaedyn - I have never done WW before, so I am not sure how the points system works. It seems to me that you made better choices than your usual trips to the city, and to me that is awesome! Small changes can really add up over time.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:05 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Great job this week Jennifer!

Jaedyn, I think you and my sister are having the same WW issue. She is so stinking depressed because she can't eat anything but "rabbit" food. She had almost the same experience with a Subway BMT, 29 points for a 12'. As she told me she only gets 29 stinking points a day. I could be really wrong here, but I told her that since she only has a small amount of weight to lose, 20 lbs, it is going to be harder for her and it is going to mean serious food changes. That doesn't mean she can't feel full, but it shouldn't be because she had a BMT. I also reminded her that she has weekly points that can can and should use up. When she applies those to her BMT day, she was still in target for the week. I think it is great to have a splurge, no one should deny themselves all the time. And ice cream is so good, it's worth a few points once in a while. Please don't get discouraged, especially since you tried to make good choices.

One thing that really helps with the sandwich shop meals is ordering the sandwich wrapped in lettuce instead of on bread. Jimmy John's calls it an unwich. They are good, filling and around 8 points. Just watch out for the mayo. If you aren't used to all the fat any more, it will make you sick. Ask them to put it on the side so that you can add a reasonable amount yourself.

Having said all that, I am having a crappy food week too. Yesterday I went over my points and today I am right up at the limit. I have to make a real effort to make better choices for the rest of the week. I'm such a stress eater! I need to remember that food can not solve my issues, it just adds to them.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thank you everyone for your kind words & encouragement! I did great today - I easily stayed within my points, and I actually felt full & satisfied all day! It helps to stay home & have plenty of options!

I get 33 points a day, a lot more than my friend, who only gets 23! I don't know how she can manage, but she is, and is losing. I can do this too! I just have to watch my snacks (I nibble as I get things for my kids - which add up without actually filling me).

Each day I do better. Tomorrow will be my best day yet, then the next, then the next! I am so glad I have people to talk/vent to! Thanks all!

Huge fan of:

Old 01-24-2012, 10:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That's why I quit WW. Once them points were gone I had to starve the rest of the day and I hated it. I did it for 6 months and lost 40lb but was always stressing about points.

I'm doing slimming world now, I'm not sure if it's available outside UK but in loving it much better than WW.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:08 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Had my measurements done by my PT yesterday and I am now down 19.5 inches since September. I am only down about 14 pounds since then because I gained in December...but as long as I am going down again I am happy!
Old 01-24-2012, 11:20 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn Barrette View Post
Had my measurements done by my PT yesterday and I am now down 19.5 inches since September. I am only down about 14 pounds since then because I gained in December...but as long as I am going down again I am happy!
WOOT congrats on being down 19.5inches!!! thats awesome and 14 lbs is great as long as your down then its fab great job Jenn keep up the good work! x
Old 01-24-2012, 03:56 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

i weighed in today at WW too and was down 1.8lbs. So after 3 weeks its a total of 13.5. I know that is good but I still want the scales to be like the biggest loser when they are down 10 and 15lbs each week!
Old 01-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Great job Jenn and Lori!! Don't you wish you could lose weight just by having good intentions. I sure do. I've lost weight very rapidly before, but put it back on just as fast and ended up heavier. I am hoping doing it slow and steady will mean I can keep it off. And I am trying to be realistic about it; I'm never going to be a thin woman, but I can be slimmer and healthier.

Jaedyn, I'm super glad you are feeling better. You're right, you can do this!
Old 01-24-2012, 05:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You girls are all doing really well! I got weighed this morning and I stayed the same - which is ok. I had pizza on Friday with a friend and I was hungry over the weekend so at e a bit more than I should have done. It wasn't naughty food just too much of the good stuff which still adds up. Also I haven't been to the toilet since Sunday so I'm feeling really bunged up and just bleurgh so of course I weighed more. I'm usually a two a day regular girl so I'm not too downheartened about staying the same - at least I know why
Old 01-24-2012, 05:50 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

That will do it! Hope you feel better soon. BTW, love the word bleurgh. Seems perfect for that feeling.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:53 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Ok so I have my weigh in tomorrow and I'm feeling fat and bummed out. I put my fav jeans on me today that I wore 2 weeks ago (they fitted me fine then) and they were TIGHT. after 2 weeks of healthy eating they were tight! So im am not looking forward to tomorrows weight in I had planned on about 3lbs loss and if the jeans are anythign to go by I'm gonna have gained. Oh well heres to next week: Oh I blogged about my WW menu if you want to see it http://www.starlight-creations.blogs...ight-loss.html x
Old 01-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Sorry you are feeling discouraged! Sometimes 2 weeks time is enough for your body to notice what is going on and "rebel". Along as you keep going eating right you will lose the weight...but it takes time.

There really is nothing more frustrating though as doing what you are suppose to do, and having opposite results, so I feel ya!
Old 01-25-2012, 08:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Work has been KILLING me this week--and it'll likely keep going to in the next couple! I haven't been able to get my workouts done completely, so I've been opting to walk a lot when I'm doing errands or just need to get out of the house and get a breath of fresh air!
Old 01-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm feeling a bit iffy at the moment but I trudged on and did my workout - have a couple of days off now and go back on Sunday

Scrappy Instagram

Old 01-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I took a new cookbook out of the library that I LOVE so far and will probably buy when I have to return it. It's Robin Takes 5, and everything in it is 5 ingredients or less, under 500 calories (some of it way under), and can be started at 5 pm and still be ready for dinner. She's a host on The Food Network, and the one thing I've made so far was fantastic and as easy as promised.

I get so frustrated with most cookbooks because it seems like healthy recipes either have incredibly long and fussy ingredient lists or taste bad, and the quick and easy stuff isn't healthy or isn't a type of food people here will eat. That's why I eat so many salads, and that's great from a health standpoint but gets boring!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:11 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

That cookbook looks awesome!
Old 01-26-2012, 08:20 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Today is weigh-in day for me, and I am down 2.4 pounds this week
Old 01-26-2012, 09:34 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Jumping in here. I've been forgetting to post but I've been stalking here since the beginning.

This week has been such a wash as far as food goes. Valentine's candy made into my house. All my extra calories I've been losing at the gym I've been eating back up with candy. Yesterday I didn't eat any candy, but hubby brought home subway with cookies and chips. Will power out the window

On the bright side I've gone to the gym twice this week. Two more times this week and I'll have met my goal.

Working on trying to float away with water today. Very hard considering the soda hubby brought home from Subway last night is sitting in my fridge, and I soooo want it.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I weighed in today and am down 3.5 pounds for a total of 61 pounds lost.

This weekend will be a challenge since I will be out and about most of the time. You would think that restaurants would have healthier choices. Most of the time their healthy menu is really not that healthy or else it is bland and nasty.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Awesome losses Jenn and Amanda.

Gotta go check out that cook book.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Today was weigh-in day for me. I was down another lb, which makes my total to -6 lbs! I am pretty happy that I lost some this week, especially with my super *bad* day on Saturday.

Huge fan of:

Old 01-26-2012, 06:49 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Wonderful Jaedyn!
Old 01-26-2012, 07:05 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

That's awesome Jenn great job!

Amanda - 61lbs is such an awesome acheivment! goooo you!

Woot Jaedyn Congrats! See the super "bad" day wasn't as bad as it seemed!

So I weighed in today and after feeling fat and bloated yesterday I lost 4lbs! so I'm sooo happy right now x
Old 01-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Way to go Star.

I don't weigh in until Sunday. I'm not sure how it will go, I've been sticking to my points this week, but I've not been feeling well and I feel so heavy. Do you know what I mean? When you're malingering, not offically sick, but not 100% and your entire body feels like it weighs a thousand pounds? I hate that feeling.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats, losers! LOL. I hope you don't end up sick, Lorie! I weighed in even though I hadn't planned to, and I'm down another 3 lbs for a total of 9 lost since 12/29. I'm so excited!

Through the month of counting calories, I've also realized why WW hasn't worked for me the last few times I did it. Years ago I lost on it well, but then I changed my eating habits and started eating a lot more fruits and vegetables. At a minimum I was eating 3 servings of carrots (100 cal), a banana (100 cal), an apple (75 cal), another fruit (50-ish), and a big salad (75-ish calories) every day. That's 400 calories! No wonder I wasn't losing even when I stuck to my points. I still eat as many servings of fruits and veggies, but I'm eating a lot more of the low cal veggies like lettuce, mushrooms, and celery and less fruit.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:17 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Awesome job Rachel!

I think you have to find what works for you and do it. This is my fist time trying weight watchers and I have committed to myself that I will do it for at least 3 months and if it works I will continue. It is working for me so far, so I am happy. Of course I have a lot more weight to lose than I even want to think about, but at least I have started.

As to the getting sick, I hope not too. I hate being sick.