Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2013, 10:04 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Survivor 4/24 **spoilers

Okay...I like Malcolm..I was sorry to see him go home BUT...WHY DID HE NOT USE ALL OF HIS MONEY TO BUY AN ADVANTAGE IN THE CHALLENGE....AND WHY DID HE NOT KEEP LOOKING FOR THE IDOL EVEN IF ANDREA WAS SITTING THERE?? I mean I understand that there was a chance she could have found it too, but at least he would have had just a good a chance...not looking for it at all meant he had no chance. And he spent money on the very first thing that Jeff brought out at the challenge. I get that they are starving..but aren't they there to win a million dollars?

I'm all about Cochran now...

I want Andrea to go home like yesterday....

Old 04-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
Okay...I like Malcolm..I was sorry to see him go home BUT...WHY DID HE NOT USE ALL OF HIS MONEY TO BUY AN ADVANTAGE IN THE CHALLENGE....AND WHY DID HE NOT KEEP LOOKING FOR THE IDOL EVEN IF ANDREA WAS SITTING THERE?? I mean I understand that there was a chance she could have found it too, but at least he would have had just a good a chance...not looking for it at all meant he had no chance. And he spent money on the very first thing that Jeff brought out at the challenge. I get that they are starving..but aren't they there to win a million dollars?

Ditto to all of this. I knew there was too much talk of definitely switching for that to actually happen. Early on I thought Brenda might be going since we finally saw more of her. I think they are just setting it up for something else later though.

IMO, Malcolm made his fatal mistake when he left the Faves to go with the Fans. He could have been a leader in the Faves. But he got sucked into that "strong guy" mentality. And ya know, strong guys don't win that often.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:59 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

I felt bad that Malcolm left, but I did think it was stupid to not keep looking for it.

I really thought that Andrea was going home. I thought for sure Erik was gonna flip.

And while I like Cochran, he has gotten lucky with some non-strength challenges and advantages to get this far. He's definitely not a physical threat at all and I think the last challenges will be more of that so he might be in trouble.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:07 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am sad Malcolm is gone

I used to like Cochran, but he is just too cocky this season.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryinaz View Post
IMO, Malcolm made his fatal mistake when he left the Faves to go with the Fans. He could have been a leader in the Faves. But he got sucked into that "strong guy" mentality. And ya know, strong guys don't win that often.
This is exactly what I said to my hubby after the show last night. He shot himself in the foot when he flipped first - too early and not with enough people!

I was sad to see him go...I really liked him last season. This season he was one of my favorites too. Cheering for Cochran now...he makes me laugh. LOL

Old 04-25-2013, 12:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've asked this before, but no one ever answers. Ha. But if you aren't watching the Ponderosa videos, you should. Phillip is actually pretty normal.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:54 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Yep - I agree with everything you guys are saying. I was sad to see Malcolm go, but WHY did he stop looking for that idol? He found the last one with everybody else standing around watching him. Why couldn't he do that this time? And, I agree he flipped too soon. Darn it!

I don't really like Andrea personally, but I think she's playing a strong game. It will be interesting from here on out.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

In defense of Malcom, he did say the beer purchase was a total impulse even though he'd been coaching himself all day to avoid the food and save his money. That's what I love about the food auction. It's easy for us to sit there and say, WHY WOULDN'T YOU SAVE YOUR MONEY??? But until we've all starved ourselves for 30 days, I'm not sure we really get what it would be like to be in that situation. More shocking to me was that both advantages were sold for less than $500 when people still had the money! No matter how "safe" you feel, at least if you buy it, no one else gets it.

I totally agree with you about why Malcolm didn't keep looking for the idol. It was a do or die situation for him - secrecy shouldn't have been high on his priority list at that point. Andrea was my female pick to win it all though so I totally loved how she kept him from finding the idol. I never understand why so many tribes just let people wander off in search of idols. Follow them, you crazies! There's a million dollars on the line!

I'm a little bummed to see Malcolm go since he was my male pick to win, but the writing was on the wall when Corinne was voted off. I really think his downfall in the game is he's too confident in his charms. It seemed like whenever people said, "yes I'm with you" he tended to believe them in an almost, "how could they possibly say no to me?" kind of way. The fact that he said he wouldn't even have played the idol if he'd found it, pretty much proves that. I'm sure it works in his regular life but in a game against veterans for a million dollars, people aren't swayed that easily, especially considering they knew nothing about him going into the season.

I'd really like to see Sherri or Eddie go next. They're kind of just wasted space to me at this point, lol.

Last edited by Nettio; 04-25-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:42 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

ugh was kind of annoyed last night..Sherry has to know she's #6 with this group..why not go be a chance to be #5 lol

same with Erik...ugh i just wanted to yell at my TV

I woulda looked for that Idol in front of Andrea..lol he was no worse off doing that than not having it he had to have known that. Heck he could have made a deal and kept her safe for the week and targeted somebody else

I think I'm going to keep rooting for Dawn as much as she bugs me and Cochran. If they can stay tight a few more weeks one of them might just have a chance to win it.

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 04-25-2013, 05:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I've asked this before, but no one ever answers. Ha. But if you aren't watching the Ponderosa videos, you should. Phillip is actually pretty normal.
I would love to watch these videos, if they wouldn't block them outside the US! I love all the ones that I have found on youtube (can't find any for this year though!)

Old 04-25-2013, 05:16 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
ugh was kind of annoyed last night..Sherry has to know she's #6 with this group..why not go be a chance to be #5 lol

same with Erik...ugh i just wanted to yell at my TV

I woulda looked for that Idol in front of Andrea..lol he was no worse off doing that than not having it he had to have known that. Heck he could have made a deal and kept her safe for the week and targeted somebody else

I think I'm going to keep rooting for Dawn as much as she bugs me and Cochran. If they can stay tight a few more weeks one of them might just have a chance to win it.
I think Malcolm could have made a better pitch to her though. Saying she's essentially be in the bottom of your alliance isn't necessarily the way to woo someone, haha.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:24 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Trista

I still cannot figure out why Malcolm didn't just keep searching for the idol. The thing that surprised me the most was on the revote seeing that Eddie wrote Malcolm's name.

happily creating for Darcy Baldwin, Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Krystal Hartley, and Studio Basic Designs
Old 04-25-2013, 05:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by k23m View Post
I would love to watch these videos, if they wouldn't block them outside the US! I love all the ones that I have found on youtube (can't find any for this year though!)
If you dare venture here, they try to put up the videos for out of US people. However, this time the videos all start playing when you open the thread so you have to go pause them until you are ready to watch. Disclaimer: they are free with the bad language here and you could run across a spoiler.
http://survivorsucks.com/topic/10476...nderosa?page=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trista View Post
The thing that surprised me the most was on the revote seeing that Eddie wrote Malcolm's name.
That happens a lot. When someone knows there is no way to vote their person out, they just go with the majority. Then they can say, "hey, I voted with you" if they need.

Last edited by maryinaz; 04-25-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
That happens a lot. When someone knows there is no way to vote their person out, they just go with the majority. Then they can say, "hey, I voted with you" if they need.
Well and he's said before he won't vote for Reynold and has a semi-alliance with Andrea so I can see why he might have done it knowing they didn't have the numbers.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
If you dare venture here, they try to put up the videos for out of US people. However, this time the videos all start playing when you open the thread so you have to go pause them until you are ready to watch. Disclaimer: they are free with the bad language here and you could run across a spoiler.
http://survivorsucks.com/topic/10476...nderosa?page=1
Yay! Thanks Mary!!

Old 04-25-2013, 10:56 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Oh and it bugs me some people keep calling Reynold--Reynolds!

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 04-26-2013, 07:57 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
They're doing it as a joke b/c that's how Phillip kept mispronouncing his name.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
They're doing it as a joke b/c that's how Phillip kept mispronouncing his name.
still annoys me lol

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 04-26-2013, 11:31 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

It annoys me that his name is Reynold in the first place.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:39 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
It annoys me that his name is Reynold in the first place.
lol..yeah he's just annoying all around..name and all

Old 04-26-2013, 11:53 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Agreed.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:22 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Trista

I was one of the confused ones thinking they were calling him by his last name.
After a few episodes I was like wait a minute.... doh!!
Quote:

happily creating for Darcy Baldwin, Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Krystal Hartley, and Studio Basic Designs
Old 04-26-2013, 12:27 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh, I hated to see Malcolm go. If you listen to the EW podcast interview with him, he did look for the idol for 2 days - they just didn't show that part.

I like Cochran alot this season, but he was a little cocky or something last night. Maybe I was just upset Malcolm went home.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

I just have to say I love Survivor! My husband is always like why do you still watch that. And I have to say Seasons like this one are the reason why!
Old 04-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmom View Post
I just have to say I love Survivor! My husband is always like why do you still watch that. And I have to say Seasons like this one are the reason why!
I agree! It's the only show I watch faithfully with my twins. I usually have a meeting on Wednesday nights and they wait for me to watch when I get home.