Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-24-2015, 11:19 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Let's chat.. what are your weekend plans?

Hey girls.

It's been so quiet in the forums! Let's get chatting again. I really really miss the 'olden days' when we would come and chat and talk and I'd love to see that happening again.

This thread is a 2 part.. one share your weekend plans and also share what you think we could do to bring that excitement and chattiness back here in the forums <3
Old 09-24-2015, 11:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Weekend plans: soccer, lego store, and then a waterpark hotel Saturday and Sunday nights, my bio dad is visiting from Arizona. Although we've not heard from them for a few weeks now so I guess I'm not sure still?

As to the part two - I'm not sure! I'm usually kind of a thread killer so I'm probably sabotaging your effort just by posting here at all! ☺

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 09-24-2015, 11:34 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Don't worry Sara, I'll keep this going.....

We have baseball and dinner with some new people from church on Saturday and then a picnic with the local families of kids with heart defects group on Sunday. Looking forward to meeting new people!

Didn't we have a question of the day for a time???
Old 09-24-2015, 12:00 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Plans for the weekend? Nothing special! its my ME-Weekend, means my boys are at their dad and I'm all alone. I will take myself time to get that cold away and hopefully can scrap a little bit. Home Cleaning is a part too...

Maybe a QOTD would be a good start....
Old 09-24-2015, 12:06 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Weekend plans -- the boys are all going camping with the Boy Scouts so I'm home alone. I'm hoping to scrap a little and catch up on the new fall shows. I'd also like to finish up the last two boxes that are left to open and put away from our move.

Part 2 -- I don't chat much because I am new. It is kind of that double edged sword of not knowing anyone so you don't want to interrupt but not being able to get to know people because you are new type thing. I'd love to see some challenges (besides BINGO) or something for us to do together and maybe that would get some chatter going.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No plans, really. I'm currently enjoying the last days in the province because of the nice weather, then I am going back in town (probably on Sunday).

Part 2 - what JenM said

Maybe we could do some challenges just for fun? Likeee....let's see, probably do some speed scrapping or weekly challenge with a given subject? Or maybe challenges where we gotta use a certain kit/template/alpha/you name it...if someone doesn't have it, they might want to buy it. When I check out the blog, I see so many products that I haven't been able to see in the shoppe because it's HUGE, you know
--
Mama to Albert
Old 09-24-2015, 12:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The contractors started on the last room last night, so hopefully we will slowly start putting the house back to normal this week. I am so ready to get curtains rehung and pictures back on the walls.

I'm happy to chat!
Old 09-24-2015, 12:39 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Not a lot of huge plans this weekend for me. We will be doing Ethan and Savannah's birthday celebration on Friday night. The rest of the weekend I will just be hanging with the family and most likely some work.

I think we just all have to start talking. Everyone just needs to jump right in. I do miss the days when I first came here as a scrapper. The forum was so active and I couldn't wait to check in and be chatty. I would love to see that back here again.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

hmmm... I'm not sure. My mom and I were going to go to Milwaukee for a concert - then decided not to do the concert and we sold the tickets... we were still going to go to Milwaukee for girls weekend... but now we are talking about not going because we fly out on Wednesday for North Carolina because it's my birthday next week... so yeah, I don't know waht is going on... if we don't go, then I guess I'm home cleaning - ugh.

I wish the chatting would continue here - there are things i don't want to talk about on facebook... and I'm easily distracted, haha... maybe we can do some games like what is the 4th layout on the 3rd row of the 2nd page of your gallery... or maybe pin a layout from the SSD board that inspires you and explain why or maybe lift it or something?
Old 09-24-2015, 12:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No plans for the weekend apart from trying not to be sick and probably tidying up. Maybe a quick shopping trip as well since it's payday LOL, I need a new coat since it's starting to get pretty cold here for my liking!
Old 09-24-2015, 01:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm doing Homecoming makeup for my daughter's best friend!! My daughter had homecoming last weekend and my sister and I got her ready! It was so much fun!

This is how my daughter looked:

I agree - we need to get this place chatting again!!! I really miss it!

Last edited by Kjersti; 09-24-2015 at 01:27 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:18 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Adam and I are flying to Denver for the Great American Beer Festival. I'm so excited!! We've been wanting to go for awhile but the timing never worked out (pregnancy/baby and all). My parents see coming to stay with Ryan which is one of the big perks of not living 1000s of miles away anymore.

I like FB fine but I miss talking about scrapbooking. Seems like people show up here on Fridays for hit and run CT posting. Not sure how you fix that though.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm counting Friday because it's my little sister's birthday and my 6s gets here! Hello rose gold...and so much more space...

Saturday is soccer games for the girls, which I love going to. Then I have a church broadcast that night and will be eating dinner with my mom and sisters before we watch it.

Sunday is church meetings before church, then church, then a nap (it's a must right now), and then we'll have another family party for my little sister's birthday. I love family things.

As for the second question, I'm not sure. I always feel weird starting a thread. I'm like Sara and kill them before they even start. But I do love to comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2015, 03:23 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

It's a wedding weekend here. My brother is getting married to a lovely Chinese woman. Her parents arrived from China and we all met them for the first time last night! Its been hard planning a wedding while trying to blend 2 cultures as gracefully and respectfully as we possibly can. It's not been easy!!! We are getting hair cuts and doing place cards this afternoon. Rehearsal is tomorrow (they have no idea how their ceremony will go!). Then Saturday I can relax and dance. Hopefully the DJ plays Love Shack.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No special plans for the weekend. Maybe I am going to have breakfast with a friend of mine.

I love MamaBee´s idea!

Old 09-24-2015, 03:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

no big plans here... I just would love to rest a little, read a nice book and just relax!
I'm not that chatty in forums sometimes I just read LOL but it's always nice having a nice theme to talk about or ideas to share!
Old 09-24-2015, 03:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This weekend my boyfriend and I are looking at homes to rent! We are moving in together in November. It's exciting yet scary! My niece is having her gender reveal party for her second baby and a little soccer for the kiddo too.

I miss the old Friday night chats in the chatroom! Those were a blast! I'm trying to get more active here so I don't mind starting threads! I'm not super chatty IRL but throw me on a board or social media and I don't shut up lol!

Last edited by **Holly**; 09-24-2015 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

DH has the WHOLE WEEKEND OFF for the first time in, like, 2 months. WOOHOO!

We are going to drive down to FoCo and do something fall-y so I can take lots of pictures (now that I found my camera last week -- holla!) to scrap with ALL.THE.FALL.KITS.

Miss Monkey wants to go see a movie in the theater but that requires having someone to watch Mister Moose, so we'll see if that shakes out.

We have church & a rescheduled playdate Sunday.

Now that I'm working, I try to really cook on the weekends (and not so much during the week) but I don't meal plan until Friday afternoon so not sure what I'll be making yet.

I volunteer as QOTD Tribute!!
Old 09-24-2015, 05:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Weekend plans - its school holidays here at the moment so its felt like the weekend all week... my parents are coming to visit and we're hoping to do some hiking in a nearby national park. I've been madly cleaning the house and tidying up the garden since I've had the week off work - I'm still not finished though so need to do some more of that too.

Chatting - I'm up for it, though I'm the introverted kind who probably wouldn't start a new thread! I'll happily post in one someone else starts though . All the ideas others have suggested sound good!
Old 09-24-2015, 05:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

No weekend plans here really...I'll go to spin on Saturday morning...and I have a 7 mile run on Sunday (I'm training for my first 1/2 marathon)....other than that probably some cleaning and laundry.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjersti View Post
I'm doing Homecoming makeup for my daughter's best friend!! My daughter had homecoming last weekend and my sister and I got her ready! It was so much fun!

This is how my daughter looked:

I agree - we need to get this place chatting again!!! I really miss it!
I so need a makeup lesson! She is beautiful!
Old 09-24-2015, 07:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This weekend: baseball game and hanging out at home. I'm hoping to do some sewing.

Love the questions of the day idea. Plus I always find it's fun when we share pictures of our kids, etc.... I loved all the back to school photos.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
It's a wedding weekend here. My brother is getting married to a lovely Chinese woman. Her parents arrived from China and we all met them for the first time last night! Its been hard planning a wedding while trying to blend 2 cultures as gracefully and respectfully as we possibly can. It's not been easy!!! We are getting hair cuts and doing place cards this afternoon. Rehearsal is tomorrow (they have no idea how their ceremony will go!). Then Saturday I can relax and dance. Hopefully the DJ plays Love Shack.
My sister's husband is Chinese. Her inlaws and DH are wonderful people. They have a very close knit (& large) Chinese community they are part of. That was the biggest adjustment for my sister was the instant 'big family!'
Old 09-24-2015, 07:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Heading up to Minneapolis for a Gopher game!! (football ) We are taking Blake to the game with us - so it will be his first live football game. He is quite excited! Landon is going to hang out with my sister and go to a train museum up there somewhere Then spending the night and coming home early on Sunday so I can get to the ice rink to teach skating. Also grocery shopping sometime on Sunday.

Don't really know what will make the forums chatty again - just people taking the time to post and comment? I don't think making layout challenges would really get the forum lively again - though I could be wrong!

Old 09-24-2015, 08:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

this is a strange weekend for me as I have my mum coming over for the weekend in about 4 hours so I honestly don't know what I'll be doing for most of the weekend.

As far as getting the board more active, I'm not sure what to suggest. I know I certainly havent been that chatty over the last few years due to school and my mojo having disappeared totally

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 09-24-2015, 11:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Saturday is hopefully a scrapping day for me, then Sunday we have our primary kids presentation at church. Today is the last day of the school term, and we have nothing really planned for the next 2 weeks, so I'm just going to enjoy some scrapping time and being with my kids.

No idea on how to be more chatty. I tend to be a thread killer too.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

yipee, I had forgotten about school holidays here Jacinda, that makes me very happy as it should be easier/quicker to travel in peak times. Still doesn't mean I leave any later but at least I should have some spare time at uni in the mornings

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 09-25-2015, 12:15 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We have family soccer at school this afternoon, which is my kids' favorite thing.

Saturday we're going to watch the boys' best friends in a tae kwon do competition; this is probably not going to be their favorite thing to do, but I believe in being a good friend.

But Saturday night everyone is going to take some Melatonin and go to bed early so I can get a good night's sleep! That is what I'm looking forward to the most!!
Old 09-25-2015, 01:52 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

It's our town fair here this weekend. My brother and his family will come to stay with us and we plan to spend most of the time outside If I'm not cooking or out of home I'll probably just spend some time to relax and play with the kids I so much need this!

I also miss the forum's chats as they were some time ago, even I'm not too chatty. I'm struggling with English and it takes me too much time to express myself, but I understand everything and I love to read and to jump from time to time too
Old 09-25-2015, 04:29 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

We'll be at home mending ourselves from sickness... It's been a loooongggg week here... Momma is tired officially!
Old 09-25-2015, 09:18 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I'll be working this weekend, 13 hour days with commute time. There was a big rock fall two days ago and last I heard, they still haven't gotten the roads clear so that will add some extra excitement to my work day.

My computer motherboard started acting up in May and it was a very long struggle to find the problem and replace the motherboard twice (under warranty) and one stick of memory. Now, I feel like I'm playing catch up with the thousands of photos I took over the summer and all the memorabilia to scan, not to mention kits I bought but couldn't put away. And I just wanna scrap! LOL!
Old 09-25-2015, 03:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Not much going on this weekend - I work Saturdays so my weekend is Sunday/Monday. DD is going to the football game tonight and then is dog sitting with a friend tomorrow overnight and will be home sometime Sunday. If it's nice we may go for a leaf-peeping drive but it's not very colorful yet due to the unseasonably hot weather we've had. Monday I'll be meal prepping for the week and sewing up some Christmas presents.

Part 2: I have ideas that are different from those mentioned
Old 09-25-2015, 03:18 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

This weekend is my son's birthday. So it's an all about him weekend. Tomorrow is his party with friends and my mom, step-dad, sister and nieces are coming to town. Sunday is his actual birthday and we will go play laser tag, mini golf, etc and he requested I make him meatballs and gravy for lunch and my boyfriend grill him ribs for supper and I bought some fun kid donuts. He will have a great weekend.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm working this weekend which is unfortunate timing. It is homecoming weekend here. My middle school kids have homecoming activities and football game tonight, softball tournament all weekend, obedience training for our new and naughty puppy and flag football game. The in laws had to come and help drive everybody everywhere since I'm working!

I really really miss the chatty days here! Every morning the first thing I would do is get up and check email and check the SSD forums. Now there is never anything going on. Oddly enough, I really felt like I "knew" many of the ladies here even though I'd never met any of them IRL. I feel like a thread killer too. I haven't been posting nearly as many layouts to the gallery either. Most of that is due to my second thoughts about the kids privacy online. So, somebody make me feel better about that issue and maybe I would be more actively posting in the gallery again!
Old 09-25-2015, 10:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Definitely more of a homebody on weekends. Tomorrow, I'm going shopping and to lunch with my best friend. After that, I have a new scrapbook kit to use. On Sunday, housework, paying bills, laundry and writing blog posts.

I'd love to see the forums more active here! We have lots of smart people with ideas, I'm sure working together we can make it happen.
Old 09-26-2015, 01:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I need to get my ass off the couch and pack up all our stuff so we can move next weekend. Eeek! Don't know how to start though as we are moving most our stuff to our house that isn't quite finished and the bare necesseties plus ourselves to my mother for a week or two. Also the constand toddler distractions or finding a toddler in the box I just packed (with everything I packed scattered around said box) isn't helping much. But I need to get it done.
I'll keep my brand new crafting area/office in mind and stay positive.

Any tips from experienced movers? I know quite a few of you have moved before so anything you can share would be awesome.

And I love it when there are challenges, daily question/promts or anything happening in the forums.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:00 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

I'm just going to clean and scrap, lol. I'm so blah during the week that I can't motivate to get the day to day done.

I'm with those that miss the chatty forum. I loved when I stayed home and usually all day you could find something new in the forums. This also goes with my blah though. I don't start threads and I'm usually catching up with Dusty and the kids (and watching our shows, thank you very much FALL!) in the evening and don't get chatty.

That being said, this is still my digi home and I'm all for finding a way to get the forums going again!

Happily Creating For:

Krystal Hartley ♥ Libby Pritchett ♥ Meghan Mullens ♥ Melissa Bennett

Old 09-26-2015, 01:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Weekend night plans: sorted

--
Mama to Albert
Old 09-26-2015, 02:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by anelia View Post
Weekend night plans: sorted

perfection.

Happily Creating For:

Krystal Hartley ♥ Libby Pritchett ♥ Meghan Mullens ♥ Melissa Bennett

Old 09-26-2015, 02:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We're going to see Amaluna from Cirque Du Soleil tomorrow.

And I'm making/scrapping an autograph book to take do Disneyland in a few weeks.

Old 09-26-2015, 03:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm not much of a talker either...more of a thread stalker. Lol... But I suppose if there is any good time to start this is it right?! I really have no input as far as how to get the conversations going but I'll promise to do my part to respond when they are!

Nothing big planned this weekend. Hubs was away at recruiting duty school for 7 weeks so this is the first weekend he's been here in awhile. We plan to just catch up on things around the house, maybe watch some Netlfix after the kids go to bed but mostly pack b/c we're going to DisneyWorld next weekend. Woo hoo!
Old 09-26-2015, 03:59 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My weekend plans are simple: wine, chocolate and laptop.