Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-05-2015, 01:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Scrapping To Do List?

Kristin's post on facebook the other day to former digital scrapper really made me wonder, have they all really ran out of things to scrap about?

Do you have a scrapping to do list? I have so many different projects that I want to work on.

My regular, scrapbooks, I'm current through end of May 2014, and I'm only a few months behind for 2015.

Then there is my All About Me album, I think I can work on it forever and never be finished.

And I think I want to start some simple yearbooks in the PL style for each of the kids, just like a 2 page spread per month each year of my favorite photos of them. Right now I only do family albums.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't just scrap for myself and my kids - I also scrap for my extended family. I have 11 nephews and nieces on my side alone, and I constantly have albums on the go for them. I'm the only scrapper in the family by a long stretch, so I have my brothers and sisters send me photos they want scrapped, or I'll see one they've posted on facebook and ask them to send me the high res version. Once I've scrapped the page, I have the parents send me journalling to go with it. One niece has just come back from Disneyland and a big USA trip, so I have all her photos to pick and choose from. Excited much!? LOL.

It can get a little overwhelming sometimes, because my photo folders never get smaller, but the kids love their pages, and their scrapbooks are the only places they can read messages straight from their parents. Last year my sister messaged me saying her hard drive had crashed and she'd lost ALL the photos of her son's first 2 years. The scrapbook album I'd done and printed of his first years was now the only record she had of him. It took that for her to really appreciate the gift.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have a folder on my EHD called 'To Make' that holds photos I want to scrap. I will go through my files every few months, pull out the photos that need to be scrapped, and copy them into the 'To Make' folder into their own subfolders. Sometimes if I feel like doing something scrappy, but don't have enough energy or focus for a whole page, I will go through my 'To Use' folder and pair up to be used kits with to be scrapped photos.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have so many lists! LOL

I have a master list in excel where I write down the photos I have taken that need to be scrapped for each year. When I was paper scrapping I was up to date, then I got in to a 3 year scrappers block... I had soooo much to catch up on, that's when I switched over to Digital Scrapping full time. I'm not completely caught up, but definitely a lot further along than if I was still playing with paper.

Other than all that I use Evernote, to keep track of the challenges and what layouts/kits/photos I will be using and making.

Then there are the "other' projects, like making a memorial album of my dad, or scrapping monthly pages for my best friends little guys... and trying to put together a recipe binder.....oh and my new favorite... my Digital Art Journal...... the ideas never end.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I keep lists (in Excel spreadsheets) of pages I'm going to scrap, but I'm as much caught up on my current scrapping (family album, holiday (vacation) album and books for my boys) as I can be. The latest photos I've taken (the last few weeks) are always added to my 'to do lists' and I find that doing those pages takes up most of the (little) time I have for scrapping.

I've long had this idea that I will make a book about mine and my husband's lives before we met/got married, i.e. our individual childhoods, etc, so that my kids will know our life stories, but I never seem to have time to get started on that. I've scanned all my photos but I still have to track down and scan photos for my husband.

I also sometimes think about what other little 'projects' I could do one day but time is always the killer and those thoughts never get very far!!
Old 10-05-2015, 04:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't keep a list anywhere other than in my head. I organize my scrapbooks by year and can just pull them out and look through them to see the holes. I'm several trips behind and am trying to get some of those trips done before we take any more trips. I'm hopelessly behind!

Old 10-05-2015, 04:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm actually pretty caught up with our 2015... Like only three weeks behind. I have a running list of maternity pages I want to make for the baby's book that I worked on this morning and THREE vacation albums I need to finish. I actually lost a lot of progress on a hard drive failure for two of them, so I'm hoping I can get those recovered sometimes.

So no. I will never be caught up.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have way too many things to scrap on my list! haha... My in progress list is huge...

Day in the Life - need to finish 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
December Daily - need to finish 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
School Year books for J - need to finish 2013, 2014, 2015
Vacation albums - I am 4 trips behind
Album for my father-in-law on his Big/Polka Band/orchestra
Album about Me... which i"m starting over now that I"m 40
Childhood album about me and one for hubby
Finish J's baby album
Do an wedding album
Would love to do a decade album...
Monthly fav's album - Joined Lynnette's challenge - have yet to do a page and we are month 10!

I'm sure there are others that I have forgotten about - I will never be "caught" up or run out of anything to scrap...
Old 10-05-2015, 05:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i don't make lists - but i can't imagine ever running out of pictures to scrap!!!
Old 10-05-2015, 05:35 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I make a yearbook each year, with monthly reviews, my daytrips, concert pics and other special moments. And I also scrap all of my vacations and trips, which is a lot of Disney and currently my recept trip to Prague.
So no, I have never run out of things to scrap!
Old 10-05-2015, 06:04 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

No lists for me, I don't scrap chronologically so I just open my pictures and scrap whatever inspires me. I have a notebook that I jot down notes or journaling as well.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:18 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I have been placing my photos into templates so they are ready to scrap but that is as far as I have gotten with a lot of them. Glad I'm not alone!
Old 10-05-2015, 09:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't have any agenda with my scrapping other to enjoy the process and scrap photos of my family as I'm doing it. I have zero expectations about number of pages, types of events I scrap, etc ... it works very well for me, lol.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
No lists for me, I don't scrap chronologically so I just open my pictures and scrap whatever inspires me. I have a notebook that I jot down notes or journaling as well.
This is me exactly. Ideas come to me randomly and I write them down (nevermind that I have notebooks scattered all over so if I ever actually DID want to use this inspiration I've jotted down, I'd have to first FIND the dang notebooks in this mess of a house) because my memory lasts about 13.5 seconds.

But I don't really keep track of things. I have made books for my niece and nephew and theirs are much more organized than the books for my own family, which I have completely given up on trying to place into albums chronologically.

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 10-05-2015, 11:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I scrap my son chronologically and a few pages of myself. But I've also taken up quilting which is filling up some of my free time!
Old 10-05-2015, 11:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't do lists either for scrapping. I just scrap what strikes me in the moment. That may mean a new memory or re-scrapping something old. I honestly just like get the thoughts down.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have my yearly book (weekly spreads for 2015, monthly for 2014) that I'm almost caught up on. The. There is the childrens' books (of which I am about a year and a half behind on), my about me book that is an ongoing project as is the "our history" book project of mine (not started yet). In addition to this I have lots of pages I want to scrap, but I never seem to have enough time.
Old 10-06-2015, 03:09 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
I don't have any agenda with my scrapping other to enjoy the process and scrap photos of my family as I'm doing it. I have zero expectations about number of pages, types of events I scrap, etc ... it works very well for me, lol.
Same as this.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Every time I transfer photos from my camera or phone I copy the best ones to my To Scrap folder, so I guess that's my To Do List. In addition to those, I need to get current with my 2015 Project Life (about 8 weeks behind), finish my 2014 PL (about 10 spreads), and do 2 vacation albums. The PL I'm making progress on, but who knows when I'll get to the vacation albums.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2015, 04:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Maybe I should start doing lists. I am scrapping totally chaotic. Who knows if I will ever finish any album...

Old 10-07-2015, 05:51 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Yes, I have a huge Excel file with all the pages I want to scrap... Sometimes I have to remind myself that scrapping is about the journey, not the destination...
Old 10-08-2015, 08:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Jacinda, I think I'm like you on being the only scrapper in the family. And yes, when disasters like hard drives crashes happen, that's when people realize having printed copies of precious photos is sooo important. And that's when they see that we're not wasting our time in front of the computer scrapping

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
I don't just scrap for myself and my kids - I also scrap for my extended family. I have 11 nephews and nieces on my side alone, and I constantly have albums on the go for them. I'm the only scrapper in the family by a long stretch, so I have my brothers and sisters send me photos they want scrapped, or I'll see one they've posted on facebook and ask them to send me the high res version. Once I've scrapped the page, I have the parents send me journalling to go with it. One niece has just come back from Disneyland and a big USA trip, so I have all her photos to pick and choose from. Excited much!? LOL.

It can get a little overwhelming sometimes, because my photo folders never get smaller, but the kids love their pages, and their scrapbooks are the only places they can read messages straight from their parents. Last year my sister messaged me saying her hard drive had crashed and she'd lost ALL the photos of her son's first 2 years. The scrapbook album I'd done and printed of his first years was now the only record she had of him. It took that for her to really appreciate the gift.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ooh, I'd love to learn quilting one day! I've just learned how to use my sewing machine & have been doing small projects like cushion covers, fixing clothes etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristijoy View Post
I scrap my son chronologically and a few pages of myself. But I've also taken up quilting which is filling up some of my free time!
Old 10-08-2015, 08:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakirahzakaria View Post
Ooh, I'd love to learn quilting one day! I've just learned how to use my sewing machine & have been doing small projects like cushion covers, fixing clothes etc.
I learned how to quilt using the Quilt In A Day books by Eleanor Burns. I think this Bits & Pieces book was the first design I used. The author for that book is Anne Dease but she uses Eleanor Burns' Quilt In A Day method. I found the method very fun to be able to sew a quilt as a beginner. Even with some of my crooked sewing as a beginner, I still am pleased with the way they turned out.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
This is me! I scrap what I want when I want. I also print randomly since it's so costly. But I do try pull oldest layouts first when I print, even though the events may not be chronologically.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:07 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I don't scrap chronologically but I do keep my pages in chronological order. I've almost finished my 2014 book, have very little done for 2015 and have three different vacation albums to make plus my younger daughter's wedding album. I still have several paper albums which I'm not sure I'll ever finish - a heritage album, my own wedding album (married 32 years now) and a couple of yearly albums from when the kids were little.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've not scrapbooked much in the last few years. I'm feeling now like catching up.

Partially completed projects:
Project Life (a couple of years did partially. I want to add some Month pages at the end to finish).
a book about my childhood memories (toys I had, toys I wanted, McDonald's before Happy Meals, etc.)
I have a football scrapbook that I made for two nephews, my father and myself. I have to update about 6 pages in that to be caught up.

I also make scrapbooks for my nephews and nieces. I'm behind by a couple of years. Planning on doing a pocket scrapping style to catch up on those. Hoping to get finished by the first week of November so I can get them printed before they come to visit.

I want to start a mini golf scrapbook since that has been an ongoing family theme over the years. Plus, I think I can get mini golf pictures from when we were kids.

Last edited by scrap2day; 10-08-2015 at 11:04 PM.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:44 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I used to keep excel files for books for my kids all organized with which photos for which pages. I took a scrap booking break while I did my masters degree and have just recently really got back into scrapping. My carefully layed out files go until mid 2011... Needless to say I am a wee bit behind!

What I have been doing is concentrating on those really old pages that are already organized. But any page that I have done with newer photos I save using a date system (year month event name) and put them into folders for future books as I like my books printed chronologically. I really don't think I will ever get caught back up but it is also fun to look back on all those memories.