Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community

Old 09-08-2021, 05:55 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
I had no idea it was a remake. Might have to check this one out!
Streisand's best days IMO were her work in the 70's. Some of the movies I really enjoyed in those years were hers including A Star Is Born. I will admit I have not watched any other version of the Star Is Born movie because to me that version is awesome.
Old 09-08-2021, 06:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I never could get into The Office or zombie/supernatural stuff either. It just doesn't click. I didn't hate Gone Girl, the movie, but I didn't love it either. Agree that the ending was meh.
Old 09-18-2021, 04:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
Schitt's Creek, Brooklyn Nine Nine

Never seen anything Star Wars, don't really feel the need to
Star Wars. Ugh. I saw the first three (first released, not first in series) as a kid. I wasn't interested in the rest. My husband made me watch them. Okay, so he didn't "make" me but I watched them with him after hearing him WHINE for weeks asking when I was going to watch them with him. I watched them. I stayed awake. I kept up with the plot. Still didn't like them exactly, but he's happy.
Old 09-18-2021, 04:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I hate Elf. So. Much. And every Christmas our neighbors invite us over to watch it and it's torture for me every time.

I could not love Napoleon Dynamite or Nacho Libre. I love to laugh, but neither of these shows did it for me.
Yes! Elf and Napoleon Dynamite both! I didn't even try to watch Nacho Libre.
Old 09-18-2021, 04:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh, just thought of another. Princess Bride. HATED it. Thought it was the most ridiculous thing every. My family liked it and bugs me about it.
Old 09-18-2021, 07:27 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
Oh, just thought of another. Princess Bride. HATED it. Thought it was the most ridiculous thing every. My family liked it and bugs me about it.
That is INCONCEIVABLE!!! Lol I couldn’t help myself. Sorry I am team Princess Bride.
Old 09-18-2021, 10:11 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaselwatchr View Post
That is INCONCEIVABLE!!! Lol I couldn’t help myself. Sorry I am team Princess Bride.
Me too! I love that movie!!!
Old 09-19-2021, 12:25 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am an empath & suffer second-hand embarrassment when a character is being embarrassed or should be embarrassed so I have never seen more than a couple episodes of "Schitt's Creek". Other physical/slapstick comedies & adult cartoons affect me the same way (and is also the reason I don't enjoy Dana Carvey, Martin Short, or Robin Williams when he was being interviewed on TV).

I never watch horror/zombie/vampire things and have never seen any Star Wars, Star Trek, or Harry Potter movies. I've never had HBO so I've never seen any of those shows, either.

I love the "Outlander" books but the TV series is no longer interesting to me. I'm still watching it because #SamHeughan but it doesn't pack the same punch as the books anymore (or the first two seasons were so good that no further seasons can compare?!).

I tried to watch "Gilmore Girls" but the way the mom & daughter spoke to each other was so weird & off-putting to me. I also tried to watch "Dawson's Creek" but couldn't get past Pacey dating his teacher in the first season. I've seen most of "The Office" but don't think it's all that funny.

I did binge-watch "The Golden Girls" when I was recovering from my PEs earlier this year & that was hilarious.
Old 09-21-2021, 05:08 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
I am an empath & suffer second-hand embarrassment when a character is being embarrassed or should be embarrassed so I have never seen more than a couple episodes of "Schitt's Creek". Other physical/slapstick comedies & adult cartoons affect me the same way (and is also the reason I don't enjoy Dana Carvey, Martin Short, or Robin Williams when he was being interviewed on TV).

I never watch horror/zombie/vampire things and have never seen any Star Wars, Star Trek, or Harry Potter movies. I've never had HBO so I've never seen any of those shows, either.

I love the "Outlander" books but the TV series is no longer interesting to me. I'm still watching it because #SamHeughan but it doesn't pack the same punch as the books anymore (or the first two seasons were so good that no further seasons can compare?!).

I tried to watch "Gilmore Girls" but the way the mom & daughter spoke to each other was so weird & off-putting to me. I also tried to watch "Dawson's Creek" but couldn't get past Pacey dating his teacher in the first season. I've seen most of "The Office" but don't think it's all that funny.

I did binge-watch "The Golden Girls" when I was recovering from my PEs earlier this year & that was hilarious.
I love the Golden Girls too!