Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-28-2014, 05:43 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm
Default Did anyone brave BF shopping?

I sat at home, cozy in my blankets.. like always LOL... but I'm always impressed by the people who go out and brave the crowds. Did you go out? Did you buy a lot? Did you get trampled? lol
Old 11-28-2014, 05:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I did..it wasn't bad at all this year...

Target was NUTS when I first got there but it cleared out quick. Wally was dead today

Mall and Kohls were both ok for me too

Didn't really get anything anywhere except Target but the crowds weren't bad at all there

Traffic on the other hand....

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 11-28-2014, 06:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We live in a small town and made some trips to the dollar store and the hardware store. Not really 'black Friday' destinations, so we didn't have any problems. I've bought a few things online...including here!
Old 11-28-2014, 06:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hahaha - I hate to shop so I wouldn't be caught anywhere near the stores on BF Cheyanne went with her best friend and her mother though - they picked her up at 11:30 last night and she got home at 5:30 this morning. Cheyanne said WMart was crazy with a line that went ALL THE WAY AROUND THE BUILDING! So they left there and went to Target instead. She said that was a bit crazy but not for too long. Then they hit the big mall and she and her friend walked around and shopped everywhere while the girls mom did all her Christmas shopping. Needless to say she's going to sleep well tonight
Old 11-28-2014, 06:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Sean and I went last night, we got to Target probably about 9 pm, I waited 5 minutes in line, the main thing I wanted, $5 pj's for the kids were picked over and a video game I was going to buy Sean was sold out, but I ordered it online when I got home.

Kohl's was our longest wait, maybe 10 minutes, we went to Old Navy to get jeans for Keira and Christmas outfits for all 3 kids, and Jc Penny's. We headed home just after 1 am, the roads were pretty bad, but the crowds weren't, everyone was super nice, we got great parking spots everywhere we went.

And I got everything I had on my list. Oh, a winter coat I wanted to get sold out at Kohl's, but I found a different one.

This is our second year going out on Thanksgiving night, it's nice for Sean & I, we leave the kids at the inlaws, and then MIL can go out bright and early with SIL while FIL watches her kids.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:58 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Here in the UK they attempted to bring us our own version. Lots of videos and news reports emerged throughout the day reporting damage done to stores, their products & people getting injured which is similar to how you guys in the US have it I believe? LOL.

I did have a look at our local shopping centre today though, because I had some presents to buy anyway and the stores I went in weren't all that bad. But it was like 2pm so I assume all the crazies had been and gone!

I just don't think it'll ever be the same over here. The "deals" they seem to hold for it aren't even that great in my opinion and a lot of people just grab things for the sake of getting it for a reduced price. I think I'd rather stay home, order online for full price and have it delivered to my door!
Old 11-28-2014, 07:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My sister, niece and oldest daughter (and my parents' foreign exchange student) went last night from about 6-10. I have no idea what they got.

I did a little (really very little) online shopping. My daughter wanted a Jacob Whitesides hoodie, so I got that for her. And some movies from Amazon.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What time did the stores open in other states? Here in Maine they couldn't open until it was actually Friday due to blue laws, so nothing was open until midnight.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The mall opened at 6 pm Thanksgiving Day. Walmart never closed. I think Target opened around 6, too. Most of the places were open all night. I'm reading that crowds were down today because people went last night.... although my family said it wasn't busy last night either.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I went to Target this morning around 6 a.m. It was nice and quiet. It was clear that there were certain areas that had been picked over but I was already done with shopping. I ended up getting and target gift card, season 7 of Big Bang Theory, a new Elf on the Shelf with came with a free sweater and another outfit, two pairs of pants for my girls, and mint m&ms. Other than that, I went nowhere except the grocery store. I spent more at Target than I meant to but it was okay.

But online I did buy the Amazon Echo, an Xbox One game, and some digi supplies. And a subscription to my meal planning website.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I like going, and I usually hit a store or 2 early in the morning. This year I didn't. The main reason is that DH isn't feeling well and my mother had to work, so I ended up being busy with the kids. But I also didn't feel much need to go this year; all the stores started running deals online by last week, so I did most of my shopping last weekend. I would have gone and finished up today, but I'll just have to do it once we're back home. I did shop here as soon as the store went live--love SSD's Black Friday sale!
Old 11-28-2014, 08:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We went to toys r us later in the day to grab some stuff and then to Joanns, but we did not do the "door buster" thing. No way am I leaving my house around 4 on thanksgiving just to save a few bucks on something we don't really need.

Old 11-28-2014, 08:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriesmom View Post
I did buy the Amazon Echo.
I'm soooooo jealous, Liz! I requested one... but have yet to get an invite to purchase I'm still keeping my fingers crossed though!

I'm pretty much finished with all my shopping. I shop year round and am mostly done by September, with the exception of the occasional add on items/stocking stuffers. but I did venture out to Target last night around 7pm to snag an iPod Touch at $50 off. which I think is like the first time I've EVER [in my life!!] done any [in store] shopping for BF. the Apple only product queue was nice and short, but the register lines at the front were horrifying!!

I love shopping online. thank you very much.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:56 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

We went at like 10 or 11 this morning and grabbed a PS4 bundle and 3 extra controllers. The kids are getting that as the main present this year with some other small gifts.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingovise View Post
I'm soooooo jealous, Liz! I requested one... but have yet to get an invite to purchase I'm still keeping my fingers crossed though!

I'm pretty much finished with all my shopping. I shop year round and am mostly done by September, with the exception of the occasional add on items/stocking stuffers. but I did venture out to Target last night around 7pm to snag an iPod Touch at $50 off. which I think is like the first time I've EVER [in my life!!] done any [in store] shopping for BF. the Apple only product queue was nice and short, but the register lines at the front were horrifying!!

I love shopping online. thank you very much.
I am super excited for it to get here! I got my invite on Tuesday and I requested it at the beginning of the month. So hopefully, it will only take a few weeks to get your invite. It gets her on Tuesday and I can't wait!
Old 11-28-2014, 10:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We didn't go shopping, but my mom and I took the kids to the mall today to see Santa. My mom has a thing abt Santa pictures.

The parking lot was pretty crazy (didn't help that it snowed overnight so the people who got there early were parked all over the place and using more than one parking spot), but she dropped us off and picked us up at the front so the baby wouldn't have to be out in the cold too long. Last year there was no line for Santa, but this year there were 3 or 4 families ahead of us... which is still WAY better than once you get into December and wait for an hour to see him.
Old 11-28-2014, 10:12 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

It takes a lot of convincing for me to go out shopping on a normal day.. the chances of me going out on BF are slim to... never ever LOL!
Old 11-29-2014, 12:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Didn't leave my house today except to say goodbye to my mom as she left town and then to go to the gym. I am not crazy.
Old 11-29-2014, 01:10 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I hadn't planned to but the coat I've been wanting to get Ryan sold out online so I went to the mall at like 9:15pm to grab one. The place was trashed and there were people using rolling luggage as makeshift shopping carts. Craziness.
Old 11-29-2014, 11:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

I was at Hastings when they opened at 6. Mainly because I had a $50 credit that I wanted to use while they had a sale on. Got 6 DVDs and a CD for $4...so not bad. It wasn't crowded either.

Mardel was busy...the aisle of $2.99 shirts was pretty packed, but I didn't have to wait more than a few minutes to check out.

And then I hit Petsmart later in the afternoon because cat litter was half price, and with 3 cats, we definitely go through that. It was busier than usual but not crazy-busy.

Hubby went to Lowe's early in the morning...no crowds. He hit Academy later in the day and said it was a madhouse. Glad I stayed home. LOL
Old 11-29-2014, 01:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewilcox View Post
What time did the stores open in other states? Here in Maine they couldn't open until it was actually Friday due to blue laws, so nothing was open until midnight.
That's awesome! I actually wish they would enforce that everywhere! I think it really sucks that these faceless corporations expect their employees to leave their family and work on thanksgiving so they can make a profit. I really wish people wouldn't support them on the holiday.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:11 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriesmom View Post

But online I did buy the Amazon Echo .
alrighty, Liz... I finally got my invite to buy one of these bad boys!! how are you liking/loving yours??

anyone else have one?
Old 01-11-2015, 03:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingovise View Post
alrighty, Liz... I finally got my invite to buy one of these bad boys!! how are you liking/loving yours??

anyone else have one?
We are liking. We don't use all the time but my kids love it to play music and my parents were really enjoying it. I like it especially for timers and the playlist feature. I am bad at setting timers. It is not perfect and my kids have a hard time sometimes because they don't talk clearly. But I am still happy we have it.