Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-07-2015, 06:14 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm
Default iPhone lightning/charging cables

Ugh. Has anyone bought one that that didn't crap out on them in a few weeks/months. I swear we are buying new sets of these stupid things constantly. I just bought (an overpriced one) in 'emergency' at the pharmacy yesterday and am just gah. We've had the standard white Apple ones - which are the worst IMO, the braided cord ones, random off brand ones from Amazon, i just want to find something that will last a bit longer -.- who knows. Maybe the one I bought yesterday is the magic charging cable
Old 03-07-2015, 06:21 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I'm no help...just got some braided ones from Amazon and two days later got the this device isn't supported by your apple product but it still works..only ordered those b/c they were long and cheaper

I bought one at a CVS on the Vegas Strip once and it lasted me the longest lol still worked when I upgraded from my 4 or else I'd still be using it

I hate the white apple ones they break way too easily

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 03-07-2015, 06:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

did you see that if you take a spring from a ball point pen and weave it on, it helps for if it gets bent? I don't know if it works... but looks like a cheap thing to try.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/519954719450888134/

I haven't come upon a solution either - my hubby bought a HUGE box of them from some warehouse in hopes to resell them - yeah, got shut down from Apple... so we go through them like candy.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

haha - posted the same time as Sandy - liked minds...
Old 03-07-2015, 06:35 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

The only problems we've ever had with ours are when the kids kink them and tie knots in them. But, even then, they've lasted many months, even years. I've never had anything besides the basic Apple cords.

Old 03-07-2015, 09:13 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

I've never purchased a cord beyond the one that came with my Apple items. I have a designated charge spot for each iphone and ipad so the cords don't move around to get bent/broke/whatever.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have bought these (they are branded by Amazon) in both the 3 and 6 foot versions. Our experience has been positive.
http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-A.../dp/B009SYZ8OC
Old 03-07-2015, 11:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by origami View Post
We have bought these (they are branded by Amazon) in both the 3 and 6 foot versions. Our experience has been positive.
http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-A.../dp/B009SYZ8OC
This is the same one that's lasted the longest for me! It's just now starting to crap out & i've had it for over a year.

I need to try the pen trick.
Old 03-07-2015, 11:09 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I seriously think Apple makes them not work. I hate that. I have a couple I bought at Target that are like 10' that have worked for a while and actual Apple ones and those are it, the rest do the this is not supported thing randomly.
Old 03-08-2015, 01:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was going to recommend the Amazon brand ones too. They are pretty durable.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm seriously thinking about getting rid of my iPhone because of the charger issue. I got my 6 when it was released and the charger broke within 3 weeks. I've bought loads off ebay and a local shop and get the 'not supported' message after a few days. I refuse to buy an official one because they just don't last!!

I've tried short ones, long ones, braided ones but none last lol.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wow - we've had iPhones for as long as they been out and haven't had any issues with the chargers. Sorry you all are having issues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-08-2015, 10:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've had so many issues with the Apple cables since I switched to the lightning ones. If you have applecare, replacing them IS COVERED under the warranty, so I've been doing that every 3 months. I did order an Amazon Basics cable to use as my backup cable and I love it. It's MUCH sturdier than the Apple cables and it is Apple Certified so you won't get the 'unauthorized' message with it.
Old 03-08-2015, 01:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

For those of you who find they break easily, do you use your phone a lot when it's plugged in? Because you have to be super careful that the cord doesn't get pinched especially when using it sideways. It's totally a flaw in the design but if you take it to Apple they'll usually replace it once even if you don't have Apple Care. I had one die not long after I had it and they replaced it and told me about the pinching thing and since then I've been careful and they've lasted much longer.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've only had to replace mine once and that was because of what Lynette said... it always stayed in the same kind of bent position till one day it just started shorting out. Now I just make sure it's laying straight. I've had the same iphone for almost 3 years!
Old 03-09-2015, 11:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
For those of you who find they break easily, do you use your phone a lot when it's plugged in? Because you have to be super careful that the cord doesn't get pinched especially when using it sideways. It's totally a flaw in the design but if you take it to Apple they'll usually replace it once even if you don't have Apple Care. I had one die not long after I had it and they replaced it and told me about the pinching thing and since then I've been careful and they've lasted much longer.
I don't use my phone much when plugged in, but yeah, that's what happens. They just start failing after so much use. It's a stupid design flaw that I am annoyed they haven't fixed yet more than a year after admitting it.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:59 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

We did the spring thing, and that has helped us stop going through them like crazy.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:34 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I needed a really long one and purchased this one about 2 months ago because there is a 10 foot version. I've had no issues charging my iPhone 5. The cord is quite thick and the end connection appears to be sturdy.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have something like 9 Apple devices in our house so needless to say we've gone through SO many of those stupid cords in the last few years it's ridiculous!! We've had the Apple ones, Dynex & Rocketfish brand ones from Best Buy and a few different off brands purchased online and none have ever lasted more than a few months if we're lucky it seems. My 13yo is the worst offender, when hers will quit working she "borrows" one of her sister's or mine and then magically before long they no longer work either! Definitely going to have to try the spring trick or I'm afraid I'm going to need to buy them in bulk lol!!