Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2016, 04:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default GAWD I can't leave these kids alone for 3 minutes

I try to give my ds and his girlfriend a little space when she comes over to watch tv or something, but for godsake, do they have to makeout every time I leave the room?

Then they act all nonchalant as if I didn't see anything.

Save me. Save me now.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My bestie had to have a talk with her daughter about that recently. She and her husband couldn't even walk into a room without seeing them kissing. She told her it isn't cool and doesn't want to be made uncomfortable in her own home. They should be able to leave a room and come back without seeing that. It's gotten much better. I think now they just make out at his house. Ha!

Old 02-25-2016, 05:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, I have the obvious rule that they aren't allowed behind closed door and blah, blah, blah. He said to me one day, "Mom. That's so dumb. You know we can just go out driving and do whatever we want anyway. It's not like we're waiting to go in my room so we can make out or something."

So I told him that he's right, he CAN go out and do whatever he wants, but he's responsible for what he does with himself when he's out, and I'm responsible for what happens in my home.

BOOM.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
So I told him that he's right, he CAN go out and do whatever he wants, but he's responsible for what he does with himself when he's out, and I'm responsible for what happens in my home.

BOOM.
I shall definitely reserve this in my memory bank for these two boys of mine!
Old 02-25-2016, 07:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't look forward to boyfriends and girlfriends...I'm hoping to delay that as long as possible.

Old 02-25-2016, 08:23 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I am so not looking forward to that stage... DS's best friend has been the same girl since they were very little. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few years as much as I am dreading it coming.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

UGH. I remember this time in my life, I had lots of younger siblings though and that definitely curbed the appeal to kissing...they were always hanging around. Lol

With that being said. I don't look forward to these times with my two. I'm hoping to keep it at bay as long as I can.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't look forward to boyfriends and girlfriends...I'm hoping to delay that as long as possible.
This is the first real girlfriend to happen and he's 17 so I think I've dodged a pretty good bullet here. He did have kinda-girl a couple years ago but she stopped coming around when I would let them go out in the woods or basement alone. He got mad and said it was my fault that she didn't come around anymore. I looked him square in the face and told him that if she didn't want to hang around him because his mommy wouldn't let her be alone with him, then she didn't appreciate him for who he is because any girl should want to just be around him PERIOD.

This girl he is with now is AMAZING. I just love her. I couldn't have picked a better girl for him.

My other 17 year old is a hopeless introvert and, as far as I know, has no interest in girls. They terrify him. My daughter is 13 so we'll just have to see how that one goes.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ View Post
UGH. I remember this time in my life, I had lots of younger siblings though and that definitely curbed the appeal to kissing...they were always hanging around. Lol

With that being said. I don't look forward to these times with my two. I'm hoping to keep it at bay as long as I can.
OMG mine were too! It drove me nuts! I'd be like, "Hey, don't you have something ELSE to do?" Of course, for all I know my mom was the one sending them in
Old 02-26-2016, 10:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This conversation kinda freaks me out. My son is 13 and my daughter is 15 and neither have had a real BF or GF yet. It's very weird to think about.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine don't make out but they lay on the couch cuddling, which freaks me out even more!!! And they'r not even embarrassed that we see them like that. Nothing is happening, but way to intimate and comfortable that way for my comfort!!!
Old 02-26-2016, 04:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Cindi, I make them use separate blankets because I clearly remember what my bf and I would do under the blankets even with my parents & siblings walking around! Geez, was my mom really that clueless?
Old 02-26-2016, 09:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

The thought freaks me out period. I need chastity belts

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk