Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2013, 09:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default What do you feed your 1 year olds?

what do your 1 year olds like to eat?

I'm really trying to get Harper ready for his first birthday and no more boob. He loves bread, the baby snacks, but doesn't really care for baby food, he doesn't like yogurt that much. He will eat off my plate, he still doesn't really care for a sippy cup that much, which worries me. I need some ideas, I haven't had a toddler in the house in so many years its hard to remember what I fed them! LOL!
Old 10-08-2013, 09:41 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/

This website was what I completely relied on when Nicholas was that age. I made all his baby food. It was easy, cheap and I knew exactly what he was eating. This told me exactly what to make at what age and stage. Hope it helps.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'd do things like black beans, corn, steamed broccoli, steamed sweet potato, etc.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thanks girls!
Old 10-09-2013, 12:12 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I've just been through the same thing this past year or so!

I wouldn't worry too much about the sippy - I know that's easier said than done, but Chloe took FOREVER to use a sippy. She just wasn't interested at all. Then one day, it just clicked.

As for food, she liked things that she could feed herself. there was a period of time where she lived on avocados and bananas. LOL

Nowadays, she's a fan of cheese sticks, cheese melted in tortillas, pb sandwiches, eggs (boiled, scrambled, or fried), chicken strips, black beans, and pretty much anything we're eating.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

There is a book called: The Best Homemade Baby Food on the Planet. It is written by a nutrionist and nurse. It has over 200 recipes (and they are not all purees). The chapter on 6 mo- 11 mo is broken down with recipes for each month. You could check to see if your library has it or could get it.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Both my kids just ate what we ate, cut up smaller of course. I know that doesn't help much - LOL. They never had "baby" food because both of them turned their noses up at it so by 6 months they were eating whatever I made that could be mashed/pureed. By 9 months they were both pretty much eating table food.

Cheyanne loved any fruit or vegetable cut up into little pieces. She LOVED garlic dill pickle halves, she didn't have any teeth until 1 year but was sucking the pickle out of the skin at 9 months She loved any pasta with a tomato sauce and any type of bean - loved bean, rice, and cheese burritos. For breakfast she always loved oatmeal with some kind of fruit on it or scrambled eggs with cheese.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:46 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Mason mainly ate what we ate (when he actually ate food). If it was something that would have been too hard for him to eat I would just blend it then mix it with his veggies, so it was like a sauce. It sounds gross, but really it wasn't. lol
Oh and his favorite food since he started eating was avocado. He goes nuts just seeing one now.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her