Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-02-2018, 01:53 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Bullet Journaling

Does anyone do this? I saw this video on FB, and now I'm really wanting to try it. I don't have good handwriting or stencils or any of the supplies, but I'm thinking about giving it a try with a sketch pad and some colored pencils. I'm afraid I won't love it, though, because I've gotten used to acheiving my artistic vision with help from all the amazing designers here and my own hand-made creations will page in comparison.

I'd love to see what you make if this is something you're into.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:56 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

her shirt is bullet journaled on too hey? haha
Old 02-02-2018, 02:41 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love the idea of bullet journalling, but I'm pretty sure I'd waste so much time with the doodling itself nothing would get done. Ha!
I was inspired by bullet journals last year though, and used that as inspiration to make some digital notes pages that I print for my church youth class. The girls fill the pages in and read the quotes as we go through the lesson. They then gluestick them into their class journals.

Newsletter:

And a smash book handout for an activity we hosted. So instead of just a regular programme, it was like a young woman's smash book with lots of info about the young women's programme we run.

Everything is downloaded for free online. I just google 'free digital doodles' or 'free bullet journalling downloads' etc then pull it onto my canvas in photoshop.

Last edited by jacinda; 02-02-2018 at 02:53 AM.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:54 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

JACINDA, THOSE ARE AMAZING!!! I'm so smitten.

I'm really kind of looking for something to do with my hands off the computer, which is why I am drawn to the creative aspect of bullet journals, but yours looks so pretty I think maybe I want to try that!
Old 02-02-2018, 11:56 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

wow - that was a rabbit hole... I could watch those videos all day! haha Now, I really want to do bullet journaling - but my doodle skills are horrible... I can't even get into a routine to do bible journaling... ack - I need more hours in a day!
Old 02-02-2018, 12:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just love her shirt! hahaha
Old 02-02-2018, 01:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Wow! Those are awesome, Jacinda!!
Old 02-02-2018, 05:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh I discover it with this bog (sorry it's in French but you can see the pictures:http://www.zunzunblog.fr/bullet-journal/
I wanted to buy the book she write for Christmas but I think I won't have enough time to do it correctly... But I love to see the picture and I even think it can help for scrapping!
It's such a wonderful work when it's finish, love the idea!
Hope you can try and manage to do one! Please let us know how it works for you, I'd love to read your experience!
Old 02-02-2018, 06:35 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I can't imagine doing that... I would have zero time for anything else. Haha. I guess, for me, I'm OK with my creativity being separate from my planning and calendar stuff. If I am feeling creative I would prefer to pour that into my hobbies. But that's just me... because when I spread myself in multiple directions creatively I end up achieving NOTHING. It's kind of a frustrating thing I've discovered about myself. I have to be in one 'box' at a time.

Old 02-02-2018, 06:37 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

In 2016 I found the hobonichi journal which people use kind of like bullet journaling.. I had all these grand plans for getting creative and doing fun things but it didn't last very long.. LOL!

I'm a LOT like brook in what she just posted!
Old 02-03-2018, 07:33 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
I can't imagine doing that... I would have zero time for anything else. Haha. I guess, for me, I'm OK with my creativity being separate from my planning and calendar stuff. If I am feeling creative I would prefer to pour that into my hobbies. But that's just me... because when I spread myself in multiple directions creatively I end up achieving NOTHING. It's kind of a frustrating thing I've discovered about myself. I have to be in one 'box' at a time.
That's how I am, too. I compromised by going the same route as Jacinda. I digiscrapped my own travelers notebook inserts a few years ago. Now I just spend a day updating them before I print each year. I get to use pretty planner pages, but I don't have to attempt unsuccessfully to divide my time between hobbies. It also doesn't help that my drawing skills are atrocious and even my doodles stink!

If you haven't already, search for bullet journaling on Instagram. There's a huge bujo community there.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Last edited by rach3975; 02-03-2018 at 07:35 AM.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can't draw, and my handwriting is pure s***, but I love to Bullet Journal. I started out simple.... the only thing that bothers me currently is that I am slow (trying my hardest to be neat).... I am hoping that over time my writing and doodle skills will improve and in turn I will get faster at it.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

You could not pay me enough to do bujo. I'm the world's worst artist.

I don't paper scrap because my hands can't cut straight lines, stamp correctly, etc. I need the computer to do those things well enough to please myself. Bullet journaling would be the same way.

It looks super cool, though, so I will just admire from afar.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love the idea of bullet journaling. This is one I have been watching lately. I am not much of a doodler and I don't like my writing but I've been wanting to do something away from a computer for a while now. I'm also inspired by the habit trackers but I'm not sure what I personally would want to track.

Jacinda, those are beautiful and inspirational.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I sort of do bullet journaling -- but more in a planner/hybrid version. I did the hard-core, hand-drawn bullet journaling for a year and then I got so sick of drawing out a weekly calendar every week -- it seemed like such a waste of time. So now I buy a neutral planner that has the weeks pre-printed, but also has room for goals and blank pages for notes. I used pre-made stickers or I use my Silhouette and wonderful digital kits (journal cards work particularly well)to print out stickers to decorate it. I also have stencils that I'll use to decorate it by hand if I feel like it. And I'll make pages about movies or restaurants I want to go to using scrapbook supplies (printed on sticker paper and then put into a blank page in the planner). Since it's in a pre-printed planner, if I have a week where I'm too busy to decorate a bullet journal, I can just use it as a planner and not worry about getting "behind".

I do use the bullet journal suggestions about how to mark events down, move them forward if you don't get them done, future log and all that - just in a more structured planner. It works for me!
Old 02-05-2018, 09:14 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Holy Hannah! That was cool to watch. But I am afraid I'd be unhappy with my artwork and rip it all out and have to start over. LOL