Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Christmas Gift Ideas Ages 4-10yrs?

What's everyone buying their kids for Christmas this year? What #1 on their list?

DD #1 (almost 9yrs.) wants a Baby Alive All Gone and the Barbie Fashion Fairytale (or whatever it's called) Barbie.

DD #2 (7yrs.) also wants a Baby Alive and walkie talkies?

DS (4yrs.) wants EVERYTHING he sees on TV (and I mean EVERYTHING!) But we're thinking about buying him an Imaginext Space Station/Shuttle
Old 11-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

well my kiddo is 3 but we are getting him criss cross crash (he's been asking for this since his b-day!), some scooby doo stuff, a lion pillow pet, a board game from I Can Do That (I think we'll get him a Cat In the Hat game), and some books. He's the only one we've figured out what to get lol

Old 11-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My DS who is gonna be 4 next week wants everything Lego.And it doesn't help that he is a star wars fan!!so he gets the starwars lego from his wishlist eventhough they are marked 6+ , a few books and stocking stuffers like lego create 3 in 1s, personalized stationery etc.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I just finished my kids shopping last week. I just need to get stocking stuffers for them.
http://www.kaboodle.com/nesser1981/christmas-2010.html
Old 11-07-2010, 09:46 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

no idea yet LOL. Seriously when I ask my kids what they want they all pretty much say nothing. I know my daughter really wants a new pair of cowboy boots because her heels on hers are almost flat (she wears them every single day). My boys NEED clothes because they grow like weeds but not sure that is what they want. For the last two or three years that is what the three of them get for christmas is mostly clothes, a movie or two and a video game.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Last edited by jessica31876; 11-07-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

We are almost done shopping! Yay!

My 10 year old son has asked for nothing. He doesn't need anything, and even HE is at a loss for what he wants. We got him some Kinex and a couple of other things that he might like, but not his "big" gift...no idea what to get yet.

My 7 year old DD wanted the Barbie camper, so I bought her that. I have a DSi for her as her "big" gift, Zhu Zhu pets, and a couple of other odds and ends. She is pretty much DONE.

My 5 year old DD hasn't asked for anything either. We have her a Barbie Fashion Fairytale doll, some Strawberry Shortcake toys, and a Polly Pocket toy that she asked for. We don't know what to get her for her "big" gift either. Her birthday is tomorrow, so that doesn't help matters.

My middle DD is the easiest kid to shop for. She's a real girlie girl, and loves everything pink. It's the other two that cause me the most problems LOL!
Old 11-07-2010, 10:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Talk to me about those Zhu Zhu pets...

I think DD #2 would really like one of those FurReal Cats??
Old 11-07-2010, 10:08 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

My 4 year old son is still all about Thomas trains, so he will get a bunch more of those. I was thinking of a Wii, too. Not sure yet as he hasn't really gotten into video games yet, maybe I will hold off on that. So far I have just bought him stocking stuffers.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Well... my newly train-obsessed 3.5DS maybe getting Thomas stuff... don't even know where to begin ... have been looking at Craigslist.

Otherwise he is getting Radio Flyer Inchworm...

Not sure what else yet....
Old 11-07-2010, 10:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Well... my newly train-obsessed 3.5DS maybe getting Thomas stuff... don't even know where to begin ... have been looking at Craigslist.

Don't get Thomas stuff, costs so much more. We got this for Cooper last year. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3931028
Well made, comes with the table, all the tracks, and trains. And its on Sale for $129. Totally worth it. Regular Thomas trains cost like $20 each. You can get 3 trains for this for like $30 and it doesn't have a character on it, so when he's 8 and doesn't like Thomas anymore, but trains, then you'll still be good to go.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
Don't get Thomas stuff, costs so much more. We got this for Cooper last year. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3931028
Well made, comes with the table, all the tracks, and trains. And its on Sale for $129. Totally worth it. Regular Thomas trains cost like $20 each. You can get 3 trains for this for like $30 and it doesn't have a character on it, so when he's 8 and doesn't like Thomas anymore, but trains, then you'll still be good to go.
Thanks for the tip... I'll have to put number stickers on the cars to fool J... LOL! He has only seen Thomas on TV like 5 times and he knows all the characters and their number... I almost fainted with shock at how much the thomas stuff costed at target today! Geez, why so expensive? There is nothing to it! We did find some on Craigs list for $5 per car... but if you don't call like that say day as posted... it's gone. Will have to look at this at Toys R us...
Old 11-07-2010, 11:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Rebecca - we got a few Thomas trains last year for ds off of ebay. It doesn't matter to him that they were used I would check there too! Good luck in your search!!

Old 11-07-2010, 11:53 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

I bought most of Logan's Thomas trains on ebay. I once got a HUGE lot of track and trains for $100 and it was an awesome investment. Seriously it's all he played with for about 3 years. I completely recommend Thomas trains over generic, when Logan played he made the trains act out their show's personality. It is so cute! Logan no longer plays with trains, but I'm never selling them because the quality is totally wonderful and I plan on grandkids playing with them.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:56 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

Logan, age 7.5, is pretty much only interested in Star Wars lego sets. And YIKES are some of those sets expensive! I'm not sure what he will end up getting, but I know legos will be involved, probably some smaller sets.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
My 4 year old son is still all about Thomas trains, so he will get a bunch more of those. I was thinking of a Wii, too. Not sure yet as he hasn't really gotten into video games yet, maybe I will hold off on that. So far I have just bought him stocking stuffers.
Wait on the Wii!!! Trust me, once he gets into games he will leave the Thomas trains behind and that is a sad, sad, sad day! I have to REALLY fight/limit my boys on the wii games, they are like a drug to them! It probably is because DH is a gamer and they see him playing. But our $1000 worth of Thomas stuff sits unused with my second, and that just makes me sad (he only wants to do what big brother does so now we are into the Star Wars legos which he likes to take apart). So wait another year or two, let him use his imagination and his love of trains a little longer!
Old 11-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Billingsley View Post
Logan, age 7.5, is pretty much only interested in Star Wars lego sets. And YIKES are some of those sets expensive! I'm not sure what he will end up getting, but I know legos will be involved, probably some smaller sets.
Do you have the Land Speeder set yet? It is a smaller set with a lot of characters. Also if he is into the characters, you can buy the magnets on the Lego site and the characters come off the magnet parts. Good stocking stuffers for SW Lego addicts like mine! We also recently got General Grievous set, it is very cool and the ship doesn't come apart super easily like the X-wing does. We are probably going to get the Boba Fett ship too. We are a little crazy with the Legos in this house right now! But the good news is, if you can keep all the parts you can resell them on ebay and make back the money for the Star Wars stuff it looks like.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

DS is 5 this year and he's just about done with his Thomas Trains It makes me a little sad because he's seriously loved them since he was like 18 mos..he'll still play with them occasionally, but mostly now it's older kid stuff..and he too is obsessed with wii and computer games...he's only allowed 45 minutes a day (if he got all smiley's at school) and then a couple of hrs on the weekend. He's getting a DS for Christmas.

and he's also getting this....
http://www.meijer.com/s/kidkraft-del...set/_/R-136813

and a few other smaller things...legos and stuff

Ella is at a harder age - 2 ..she's getting a play kitchen and this cute little piano b/c she is OBSESSED with my mom's piano...

http://www.meijer.com/s/schoenhut-30...ano/_/R-154693

her b-day is in December too and I think she's getting a Dora Lights and Sounds Trike

Old 11-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

We bought Thomas brand trains too, the quality is amazing. We got Benjamin his first one around 7-8 years ago, and they are still going strong. Rae was the kid who played with them most, and she's 6 today, and about 6 months ago she stopped playing with them, and got more into her Barbies. Guess she really is a girlie girl after all LOL. We loved them though, I'm sad that I don't have to buy a Thomas train this year for anyone!
Old 11-08-2010, 11:56 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

See, Coop has never seen Thomas the Train on TV, so maybe that's why he doesn't care.

Either way, the train table is cheaper and you can always get the Thomas trains after the fact.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My girls are almost 9 and 6.5 and they are asking for pink Nintendo DS's (not sure if we're getting the DSi or DS Lite, I don't really know the differences between the 2 lol), carrying cases and some girlie games, Lalaloopsy dolls, Moxie Teenz dolls and more Zhu Zhu pets. Kyle is 3 and is getting the Imaginext Razor the T-Rex, Ripper the Spinosaurus and Island of Lost Creatures Dinosaur Bones and either a Leapster Explorer or the Fisher Price IXL and some games. He has also asked for the Toy Story 3 Cosmic Blaster and Buzz Lightyear Action Wings. Oh and all the kids want those Pillow Pets too! We usually get a few new DVD movies too, will probably pick up Toy Story 3, How to Train Your Dragon and for the girls the Hannah Montana Complete 1st Season 4 disc set.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
See, Coop has never seen Thomas the Train on TV, so maybe that's why he doesn't care.

Either way, the train table is cheaper and you can always get the Thomas trains after the fact.
This is the table Avery got when he was two..the good thing about the table is that it is compatable with the Thomas Trains...he wouldn't have the regular trains but he was obsessed with the Thomas show too...it was amazing how that kid could learn and remember each and every train lol..I even knew who most of them were too So we bought the cheaper table but still had to fork out the money for Thomas Trains lol...but like others have said ebay is a GREAT place for those.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Our train table isn't Thomas, we got that first, then once Benjamin started watching Thomas, we picked up a train here and there, we have most of them now! But now, no one plays with them. My babies are growing too quickly.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My 4 year old is showing less interest in the trains now too. He seemed really interestd in the big trucks at the toy store and is starting to enjoy his art supplies more. He also loves BOOKS. I know once he actually starts reading he's going to be a little book worm! I'm not sure what we are going to get for Christmas. I think it will probably be a few little things, but nothing huge this year.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperboutique View Post
Talk to me about those Zhu Zhu pets...

I think DD #2 would really like one of those FurReal Cats??
I got my girls zhu zhu pets for their bday in august, and we pitched them after Chloe got one really wound up in her hair... we didn't want to cut it out, so dh disassembled it then we just threw them out lol. Didn't wanna deal with that again! Also, last christmas we got them this fur real kitty -

They like her, but she doesn't do much except roll back a bit, move her head, blink and purr... and she uses up batteries fast - though maybe that's because she gets used a lot or because she's light sensitive, so she turns on when you walk by. I think we're gonna get them the kitties that walk this year to go with her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna View Post
My girls are almost 9 and 6.5 and they are asking for pink Nintendo DS's (not sure if we're getting the DSi or DS Lite, I don't really know the differences between the 2 lol), carrying cases and some girlie games, Lalaloopsy dolls, Moxie Teenz dolls and more Zhu Zhu pets.
My girls are most likely getting DS lites... Shawna, with the ds lites you can use ds games and the gameboy cartridge games - the dsi you can't use the gameboy games on, but has a camera and built in wifi. My girls have a ton of gameboy games for their gameboy sps, and they don't need wifi or a camera yet, so the ds lite makes more sense for us.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingbrie View Post
I got my girls zhu zhu pets for their bday in august, and we pitched them after Chloe got one really wound up in her hair... we didn't want to cut it out, so dh disassembled it then we just threw them out lol. Didn't wanna deal with that again! Also, last christmas we got them this fur real kitty -

They like her, but she doesn't do much except roll back a bit, move her head, blink and purr... and she uses up batteries fast - though maybe that's because she gets used a lot or because she's light sensitive, so she turns on when you walk by. I think we're gonna get them the kitties that walk this year to go with her
This is the one I ordered for DD (7yrs.). I think she'll really like it.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh, Vanessa, I see you got your kids those pillow pets for a Christmas Eve gift!! Cool idea, mind if I steal it? lol, I think my girls would like those, I've never seen them before.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Those pillow pets are darling...my mom is getting all the grandkids one each for Christmas...they are so soft too...I think I want one lol

Old 11-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes - I definitely LOVE the pillow pets. And just like Nikki - I want one for myself!! Lol - they are just sooo soft and comfy! We found Blake's at one of the kiosks at the Mall of America - and they also had little pillow pets which would be perfect for car rides or plane trips. I wish we would have picked up one of those....

Old 11-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I did all of my Xmas shopping on Amazon last night! LOL

Here's my list:

DD #1 (almost 9yrs.): Baby Alive All Gone, Barbie Fashion Fairytale Doll, Ladybug Tea Party set, Sleeping Queens card game, PJ's and a housecoat. She's also getting a Rainbow Magic Holiday Book Gift Set from Scholastics. Plus her birthday is the first week of January, so we're also getting her a CD player and some CD's for that.

DD #2 (7yrs.): Baby Alive All Gone, Moxie Girls Magic Snow Doll (Avery), FurReal Friends Lulu, Pajama's from Old Navy, and a Silver Hooded vest with Fur from Please Mum and a Fancy Nancy book.

DS (4yrs.): Imaginext Spider Vehicle, Imaginext Space Shuttle & Tower, UNO Moo Preschool Game, the movie How to Train Your Dragon and a Marvel SuperHero DS Game.

All of them need a few stocking stuffers and then we're done. It's a "small" Christmas this year...cuz Mom & Dad (us) are treating ourselves to 1 week in Jamaica, the week before Xmas!! YIPEE!
Old 11-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Gunner (5 year old boy)-
Tag Reading system with 9 books
dog Pillow Pet
How to Train Your Dragon DVD
Christmas Eve Jammies

Lydia (16 month old girl)-
Laugh & Learn kitchen
ladybug Pillow Pet
Christmas Eve jammies

That's what we've bought them so far... there are TONS of things we want to get them...
Gunner-
realistic toy cat (his request)

Lydia-
the baby Tickle Me Elmo (she loves anything Elmo)

And I have no idea what else!!! I'm stumped!!!

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Last edited by rachaelsscraps; 11-08-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristijoy View Post
My 4 year old is showing less interest in the trains now too. He seemed really interestd in the big trucks at the toy store and is starting to enjoy his art supplies more. He also loves BOOKS. I know once he actually starts reading he's going to be a little book worm! I'm not sure what we are going to get for Christmas. I think it will probably be a few little things, but nothing huge this year.
Does he have the Tag Reader pen yet? It really inspires them to read and although it does have "games" associated with the books it still is very much geared towards reading. The books are a little spendy but so worth it, and I'm betting you can buy some used ones now too. Just a thought for your little bookworm (love it!)
Old 11-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

From "Santa" for everyone - XBOX Kinex -

Dylan 7 - Lego's, legos and more legos - I think, if I can find them the Harry Potter Legos -"Santa Gift"
Nintendo DS XL -
1 Jersey - (they make them over here so they are soooo cheap)
Hot Wheels set of some kind
Mink Blanket - (korea thing)
and a couple of cheap toys thrown in -

He used to be so into Thomas, but outgrew it about a year ago, we passed them all down to my niece who loves them

My BLOG & Adventures In Wonderland

Old 11-08-2010, 05:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Keira has been asking for those pillow pets forever. Seriously I think since we were in Alaska and they were only on TV. I wouldn't order one, but once I started seeing them at walmart and target I decided to get them one. Those are their gifts to each other.

I always let them have the gift they get for each other and pj's on Christmas eve.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelsscraps View Post
Gunner (5 year old boy)-
Tag Reading system with 9 books
dog Pillow Pet
How to Train Your Dragon DVD
Christmas Eve Jammies

Lydia (16 month old girl)-
Laugh & Learn kitchen
ladybug Pillow Pet
Christmas Eve jammies

That's what we've bought them so far... there are TONS of things we want to get them...
Gunner-
realistic toy cat (his request)

Lydia-
the baby Tickle Me Elmo (she loves anything Elmo)

And I have no idea what else!!! I'm stumped!!!
Avery got the Tag Reader for Christmas last year and He LOVES it...he takes such good care of it and keeps all his books in his case. We do a reward system for his discipline at home and one of his favorite rewards is to go pick out a new tag book.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

my ds5 wants everything...hot wheels battle force 5, a trumpet all the toy story friends (he has buzz and woody), and the list goes on. i'm still trying to narrow down his list.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:42 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Thanks for the tip... I'll have to put number stickers on the cars to fool J... LOL! He has only seen Thomas on TV like 5 times and he knows all the characters and their number... I almost fainted with shock at how much the thomas stuff costed at target today! Geez, why so expensive? There is nothing to it! We did find some on Craigs list for $5 per car... but if you don't call like that say day as posted... it's gone. Will have to look at this at Toys R us...
We originally bought non-Thomas stuff for my son, but he quickly started asking for each character. I did buy a huge lot on Craigslist, but also check out My Favorite Toys.com, they are a bit cheaper.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:54 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprauncey1 View Post
Wait on the Wii!!! Trust me, once he gets into games he will leave the Thomas trains behind and that is a sad, sad, sad day! I have to REALLY fight/limit my boys on the wii games, they are like a drug to them! It probably is because DH is a gamer and they see him playing. But our $1000 worth of Thomas stuff sits unused with my second, and that just makes me sad (he only wants to do what big brother does so now we are into the Star Wars legos which he likes to take apart). So wait another year or two, let him use his imagination and his love of trains a little longer!
I had been leaning that way, but yeah, I think you are right. I will just wait. Honestly, I probably would have been buying it more for me anyway. lol So maybe I should just wait until after Christmas and buy it for myself.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:13 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

My parents got the inchworm last Christmas for my 3 year old and he loves riding it around their house!
Old 11-09-2010, 09:26 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna View Post
My girls are almost 9 and 6.5 and they are asking for pink Nintendo DS's (not sure if we're getting the DSi or DS Lite, I don't really know the differences between the 2 lol),
For their ages, I'd go with the DSLite. My DD got one 3 (maybe 4?) years ago, and it has been awesome for her. I love that you can still use the "older" game boy games with it, because you can find a lot of those games at places like game stop for less than $10.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

DD5: A package of zoobles, a package of squinkies and the orbeez magic maker - she didn't ask for them but when I started hearing buzz about them being "hot" toys, I went ahead and got them. LaLa Loopsy doll, and an Elizabeth doll from AG (she is being retired and is frankly, more for me than dd). Will probably get her a scooter too.

DD10: Some new leotards and socks, not asked for but needed. Her list is: Core exerciser, pair of converse, phone case, jeans, science of gum, school of fear and a game called perplexus. Oh, and an ipod touch that she will not be getting!

DS12: Will probably get mostly video games. He is SO hard to buy for.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My boys are 3 and 5 and I think we are getting each of them a DS lite for christmas. We had one and it broke and now that the 3 yo knows how to play it there is no way they are going to be willing to share.

My parents are getting each of the kids bikes for christmas

Im also getting each of the boys a Scentsy buddy- its a new product from Scentsy and they are so soft and cuddly. They have special scent packs that you can put in the buddy that makes them smell good. There is a zippered pouch in the back of the buddy. My mom was going to get each of the kids the pillow pals until she saw these. I have 3 of them already and just love them!

There are other things on the kids list that relatives will be getting them. Playdoh and legos are on the list. I want to get them some more arts and craft stuff too.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:22 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

no ideas here, but I think I might have a hammy down kitchen which would be AWESOME for my 2 little ones and buy them new ktichen things for it!!! but I do plan on getting Peyton a Leapster and I may get Abby {4 almost 5} a Leapster TAG, but we will see....my senior is gettign some clothes jewerly and her senior stuff paid for....my DS 9 will probably get a bike {still a debate here} and soem video games and books he wants...the 2 little ones are easy to shop for {3 and 4}
Old 11-11-2010, 01:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Keira has been asking for those pillow pets forever. Seriously I think since we were in Alaska and they were only on TV. I wouldn't order one, but once I started seeing them at walmart and target I decided to get them one. Those are their gifts to each other.

I always let them have the gift they get for each other and pj's on Christmas eve.
I bought my son a pillow pet 'bee' for his birthday. I had no idea it was the 'hot' item. He loved hugging it so much (and wouldn't let me hug it) that he and DH bought me a penguin for my birthday. Definitely fun.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:55 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

We are trying to spend a lot less on Xmas this year but I'm being creative in my shopping so that I can still get them a "big" items.

DS#1 - is 11 and has been begging for an xbox 360. i've saved up enough amazon giftcards from swagbucks to nearly pay for one. He will also probably get the new Black Ops Game and pajamas. He also wants new trucks for his skateboard but we he's probably not getting those.

DS#2 - i bought him a used ipod touch off ebay for 1/2 the cost of a new one. He's only 4 but he will not leave my iphone alone and is really good with the apps. My thought was this way he can watch movies on it too and we have no game cartridges to keep up with. The apps are also way cheaper than the DS games. He also wants a Ninja Turtle Sword, thinking about a pillow pet, a transformer figure, and a movie. He will get pajamas as well (new pj's is a tradition in our house)

DS#3 - He is two and yes I'm crazy but he's also getting an ipod touch (also on ebay). He knows how to start netflix on my phone, goes to Caillou, Barney and the kid shows and absolutely loves the Thomas app. And if I get one for the other son and not for him it would be a constant fight. Also getting this one a pillowpet, some kind of board game, a book, and pajamas.