Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Spinoff of a spinoff :)

Let's hear some non-pregnant related funny stories...I know everyone has those!

When DH and I were first married, we were going to meet his parents for supper on his birthday. He had to work that day and we were going to meet them afterwards. Well I decided to make a cake to take with us. So I go to the store and buy all the things I needed, or so I thought. It turned out with the size of pan I bought I needed 2 cake mixes instead of one. So I go BACK to the store and get another cake mix...come home, mix them both up prepare the pan, pick up the bowl with the batter and promptly drop it on the floor! UGH So then I clean up the mess, go BACK to the store and buy 2 more cake mixes, come home and finally get the cake baked and cooling. Then I start the icing. I get it all mixed up and prepared and start icing the cake only to realize I don't have enough icing..so I go BACK TO THE STORE AGAIN to get more sugar and shortening for the icing, come home and finish icing the cake which took about 2 hours b/c I did the little piping thingy that took forever. Finally FIVE hours later, the cake is done, I'm exhausted and have icing in my hair, up my nose and everywhere else. I take the finished (beautiful btw) cake and place it on the kitchen table then go back and start cleaning up my mess. I come around the corner back towards the kitchen table and find my dog up on his hind legs licking one whole side of that cake clean of icing!!! Talk about wanting to just die!!!

Soo....I wasn't giving up on that cake after all that..I was GOING to have a cake with me that night and so I mixed up some more icing, and re-iced it!!! I am not kidding y'all I took a cake to my inlaws that had been licked by a dog!! I told DH all about it and told him to make sure that when he started cutting the cake that he didn't let anyone eat from that side!

To this day they have never found out about that lol!

Old 02-26-2009, 05:28 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

OMG that is funny girl!
Old 02-26-2009, 05:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OMGosh! I shouldn't have been drinking grape juice when reading that! HAHA!!!! That's awesome!!!
Old 02-26-2009, 05:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OMG!! That is hilarious!!
Old 02-26-2009, 05:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I swear I would have done the same thing LOL
Old 02-26-2009, 06:21 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

lol im cracking up! thats so funny! no worries i would have done the same thing and brought the cake!

Old 02-26-2009, 07:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I so would have given my MIL a big old piece of the dog licked side!

I think this is funny, some may not. I told my MIL in an email she was delusional and then blocked her from ever emailing me again!

Old 02-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a in-law/baking story too! A little history first... I was asked to mash the potatoes one night when we were over for a big family supper. My SIL told me to make them pureed, and everyone seemed to agree, so I did. They were yummy, except my FIL likes his potatoes lumpy. So he calls my potatos mushed potatoes, haha!

So because of this I decide I'm too afraid to have them over for supper, but decide to invite them over for dessert because I CAN bake. So I found a yummy recipe for a sauce & cake lemon pudding that my grandma used to make. I followed the directions to a tee. I had to whip egg white to almost a meringue and put that over the sauce, which then would absorb the liquid and be this really yummy lemony cake. The in-laws arrived, and the house smelled so good! When the timer went off, I pulled out my pudding, and it looked EXACTLY like it had when it went in! The whipped egg white didn't absorb the lemon, and it was just a flavorless glob of meringue ontop of lemon water stuff!

I was SO embarrased because my FIL already thought I didn't know how to cook (which I did, but he didn't know that because i never did it, lol), but I always bragged to him that I could bake like nobody's business, haha. He didn't say anything, I think he could tell that I was near tears, and has never mentioned it. He still teases me about my mushed potatoes though!

In the end it worked out okay! I had a box mix of white cake, and DH and FIL walked to the store for me to pick up strawberries and whipped cream to make strawberry shortcake !

Huge fan of:

Old 02-26-2009, 08:38 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I cant think of anything Ive done right now although I am sure that my hubby could LOL so I will tell you something he did years ago to his boss/brother-in-law. His parents had a few cats growing up and they fed their cats wet food. So he always said that the tuna cat food smells almost exactly like the tuna humans eat. So he decides to play a little joke on his boss who also happens to be his sister's husband. He prepares the "tuna" (aka kitty food) like you normally would regular tuna and smears it on some bread. He makes a few sandwiches and takes them to work. He gives his boss one and his boss eats the whole thing!!! My husband meanwhile had not touched his so his boss says well if you dont want it Ill take it. So my husband says sure here ya go. He eats that sandwich and my husbAND is unable to control his laughter at that point and his boss asks him what is so funny and he finally tells him. I think it was a good thing that he was related to him because he would have probably lost his job and gotten a good butt-kicking for that. It didnt take his boss to long to get over it though and my husband was not the one who told me the story so he was not to mad about it apparently...of course that was several years after it happpend

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow