Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2011, 11:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default survivors finale *spoilers*

well what we all knew would happen happened. i could not believe that both natalie and phillip both pretty much said they wouldn't be sitting here without rob! dumbest speeches in the history of survivor. and i loved david's speech about strategy and how the only person to vote for was rob.

when jeff as reading the votes and they read phillip's name i started my counting and dh said no need to count the rest of the votes are for rob.

how about russell? he looked so surly - i almost thought they weren't going to let him talk!

in the piece on the next season i thought i caught a glimpse of matt?
Old 05-16-2011, 11:37 AM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

I'm so glad Rob won, although I don't think anyone else gave him a run for his money AT ALL. It was a pretty clear choice. I was getting nervous that he wouldn't play the idol, though. But, if I had known that the girls knew he had it, then I would have known that he didn't need to.

I loved David's speech! DH hasn't watched this season at all, but I kept telling him what a perfect game Rob was playing. After David's speech, all I could say was, "Exactly!" I don't think Rob made one single mistake the whole season and every single vote went exactly the way he wanted it to. I guess that's partly because he was playing with idiots, but also partly because he worked everyone so well.

I would love to see Mike come back on another season. I think he could have gone a lot farther if the numbers hadn't been against him so early on in the season.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

yeah...no surprises. It was a perfect game on Rob's part..but, he did have to work it everyday like he said. He was also blessed with being on a team with the stupidest people ever!

I also don't understand people like Grant taking it so seriously. It's a game and Rob played it perfectly.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I thought the most interesting part was how Rob kept the two merged tribes so separate (sleeping, food, etc.) and didn't let anyone talk. Completely brilliant!
Old 05-16-2011, 11:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Celeste* View Post
in the piece on the next season i thought i caught a glimpse of matt?
I believe it hasn't been filmed yet so they used clips from other seasons. The had a clip of Rob coming out of the water (it was blurry, but I could tell) and I think there was a clip of the idiot who gave away his immunity necklace to a girl a few seasons ago.

I REALLY hope Russell never comes back. He annoys me to no end!

I'm so glad Rob won. I have always been a fan of his and think he played this season perfectly. I think it's stupid Grant is still holding a grudge.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm happy for Rob. He played an amazing game. I wish Matt would have won the prize from Sprint though. He deserved something. I really hope Russell doesn't come back to play too - he's as bad as Philip. But that's what gets the ratings right?

Now I can't wait for Big Brother!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 12:01 PM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperboutique View Post
Now I can't wait for Big Brother!!!
Yes - I was so excited to see the promo for Big Brother! LOL.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

soooo glad with last nights outcome!! hah yeah Natalie and Phillip weren't so smart in their speeches..both thanking Rob for getting them there and yada yada...if it wasn't for you we'd have 3 diff people in the final 3...basically handed him the game he had already won.

I thought I saw Matt too but didn't realize next season wasn't filmed yet.

Lydia...never seen your ticker before..congrats!!

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 05-16-2011, 12:59 PM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
Lydia...never seen your ticker before..congrats!!
Thanks - September can't come too quickly. LOL.

Old 05-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yay Rob!

I was kind of surprised by how bitter all of Rob's tribe seemed. Gotta love how they're all on board with the blindsides until it happens to them.

I was especially surprised by Grant's reaction given his background in the NFL but I can kind of see how he might have been hurt after seeing how Rob dealt with the immunity idol. Yes it's a game, but Rob definitely seemed to take a lot of joy in playing Grant with the clue.

Natalie's comment about how she felt she represented her generation makes me scared for the future.

I'm really not excited that they're using the same RI/two returning players format for next season. I'll be even less excited if Matt is one of those returning players.

I wish they would do a season similar to The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business - bring back a bunch of players that played before but didn't quite get it done. Of course that would open the door for Russell to play again, haha, but I think it'd make for a much more interesting season especially if you kept the RI twist. Repeating what they just did this season seems lame.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:26 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
Yay Rob!

I was kind of surprised by how bitter all of Rob's tribe seemed. Gotta love how they're all on board with the blindsides until it happens to them.

I was especially surprised by Grant's reaction given his background in the NFL but I can kind of see how he might have been hurt after seeing how Rob dealt with the immunity idol. Yes it's a game, but Rob definitely seemed to take a lot of joy in playing Grant with the clue.

Natalie's comment about how she felt she represented her generation makes me scared for the future.

I'm really not excited that they're using the same RI/two returning players format for next season. I'll be even less excited if Matt is one of those returning players.

I wish they would do a season similar to The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business - bring back a bunch of players that played before but didn't quite get it done. Of course that would open the door for Russell to play again, haha, but I think it'd make for a much more interesting season especially if you kept the RI twist. Repeating what they just did this season seems lame.
Hate to keep doing the ol' "ditto" thing, Lynette - but you have a way of expressing exactly what I'm thinking & I don't see much point in just changing the words around :-)

I've been a Rob fan since Day One & am so glad he finally won . . . I truly don't think he could have played it more perfectly!!

My Blog: Quantum Leaps
Old 05-16-2011, 07:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I guess I am the only Russell fan. He amuses me. Love it when he claims he is "King of the World" and what-not. LOL

Glad Rob won. No one else deserved it at all.

Eva

Eva Kipler
BLOGSWEET SHOPPE STORE TWITTER FACEBOOK FAN PAGE NEWSLETTER SIGNUP

♥ SNAG IF YOU ARE A FAN! ♥ ------------->
Old 05-16-2011, 07:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
I know there are some that love that Matt was able to stay alive for so long on RI, but I think he's the worst game player of the season. Yes, he was able to keep himself on RI for a long time, but as far as strategy and actual game play, he was awful. If he'd made it back in, Rob could have taken him to the final 3, said exactly that, and probably still won. Matt masted the Outlast part of Survivor, but he sure didn't Outwit, and I don't think he Outplayed either. He's a nice guy, and he did have a major accomplishment in the face of adversity, but I don't think he should have won.

If Mike had made it back from RI, we may have had a race. With Andrea winning, there was no choice but Rob.

And even at the reunion, Natalie still thought she had a chance at winning. She probably would have still been on the island, trying to get through the maze, if the producers hadn't rescued her. Worst challenge player ever.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKim View Post
And even at the reunion, Natalie still thought she had a chance at winning. She probably would have still been on the island, trying to get through the maze, if the producers hadn't rescued her. Worst challenge player ever.
SNORT!
Old 05-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKim View Post

hahah

I agree too Lynnette I'd love to see an unfinished business type..there's been 22 seasons, I'd take the 2nd place from each season (minus Rob from all-stars) and put them against each other so somebody will finally win lol

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 05-16-2011, 09:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do any of you watch the Ponderosa videos?

I guess there was a big part of Julie's speech at FTC they cut out where she made up a story about Rob and Natalie. Rob was really upset about it. She was really a bitter one at the FTC and I did not like her "holier than thou" attitude and what she said to them about what their families think about them.

I also found this interview and here's what he said about Grant's reaction:

Quote:
Were you shocked that Grant Mattos took the game so personally and got emotional when talk of your alliance with him came up in conversation during the live reunion show?

"Boston" Rob Mariano: Yeah, I was. It was disappointing to me. Coming from anybody, I thought Grant would be able to have a handle on it, more so than anyone else, especially having played competitive football in the NFL. I thought he would get the "it's just a game" mentality, but he got caught up in it, and you know what? I can't blame him for his emotions. He feels the way he feels.

I wish he didn't feel that way. I like Grant; I think he's a good guy. I wish he could see it the way I saw it, but at the end of the day, I can't lose sleep over it. I've reached out to him on numerous occasions. My door is still open on my end. If he wants to come around, then like I said, I think he's a really good guy.
Seems like this season, more than others, the jurors took things personally and had a hard time looking at it as a game. You would have thought they would have seen the show enough to know better. But in the end, they didn't have a lot of choice who to vote for. Loved David's speech - he may have just won it for Boston Rob!