Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2011, 08:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default jeans

i'm having a hard time finding a pair that i like. my problem is my long legs. regulars are too short and longs are too long. i bought a pair of gap curvy 1969 longs on saturday - the pair i already had fit perfect. these are a little looser and a smidge too long. ugh. i'm keeping them because i am not a fan of shopping.

ok so where do you buy your jeans? do you buy lots of different kinds or stick to one kind?
Old 10-03-2011, 08:14 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I have long legs too (but I'm only 5'4)

My favorites right now are American Eagle their longs are usually 34" inseam..Old Navy is usually 36" inseam for Tall so you might find you like the length @ AE. I have the Straight and the Boyfriend. I find the boyfriend to be a little too low rise for my liking but they fit well. They run pretty true to size so I'm pretty comfy ordering online.

I've heard great things about Buckle jeans too but I've never tried them. I find they are a bit too $$ for my taste

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 10-03-2011, 08:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I gave up long ago trying to find the perfect length. Buy ones that are too long and have them tailored. For me, it's like $8. Well worth the price, IMO.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

the long and leans from the gap i adore and the sweetheart jeans from old navy i like as well.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:23 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I used to LOOOVE the sweetheart jeans from ON but I think they changed the inseam on them. They are too short for me now (regs) and the talls are too long. I LOOOOVE how they fit in the butt and hips though. I'm just too lazy to have them tailored

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 10-03-2011, 10:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I bit the bullet and went to Nordstrom. It was a little more expensive, but the extra help finding jeans that REALLY fit me (I'm short, with a bubble butt and tiny waist) plus the fact that they altered the length for me made it totally worth it. It was the first jeans shopping trip I'd made in years that didn't end with me in tears from frustration.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

My favorite jeans are from Eddie Bauer. I used to wear the regular bootcut ones, but then they changed the cuts last fall and I had to switch to curvy. At first I was annoyed to have to switch, but they do fit wonderfully.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm an American Eagle jeans girl too. My favorite are the Artist jeans although they have quite a few new styles this season that I haven't tried yet. I'm only 5'3" so I love their Short length but I did notice they now carry four lengths (from 30.5-36" inseams).

If you haven't bought jeans from AE before, I'd recommend going into the store so you can try on a variety of styles and sizes. I've found that the sizing does vary a little depending on the style and stretch of the pants. Plus if they don't have the size/length combo you need, they'll order them for you online and then you don't have to pay shipping.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I go to the Buckle. Seriously.....there employees just know how to fit good jeans. All different inseam lengths. Plus, I am really happy with the fit. If they can't fit you "exactly" they offer FREE alterations. Seriously. Good stuff.

Also, I have had good luck at Maurices.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

I <3 old navy jeans. I have the sweetheart, the diva and the dreamer. Dreamer is prob my favorite.. but I wear the diva with my knee high boots. I do like the sweetheart too, I just like Dreamer better. I have a butt and hips
Old 10-03-2011, 12:32 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

i wear the ON diva ones.. i actually have a regular and a long.. the long def drags a bit, the regular is too short if im wearing sneaks (fine for my flats) pants are irritating. im no help here. i just let my pants drag
Old 10-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
I'm only 5'3" so I love their Short length but I did notice they now carry four lengths (from 30.5-36" inseams).
In my head you were at least 5'9" tall! How weird is that!
Old 10-03-2011, 12:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

we don't have a buckle here or a maurice's.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have really long legs and it's embarassing how short my jeans would always be... lol-I wore men's jeans in high school just to get them long enough. I finally started ordering from delias dot com because I can choose my inseam. Nothing bought in any store I've found is ever long enough, and it doesn't help that they shrink in the wash. I buy 36" or 37" inseam from delias(I buy 36" when I get boot cut) and they're perfect.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

brie - i wore men's jeans all through college. i feel your pain. my inseam is about a 35 1/2.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I buy Lee jeans - I can't remember which kind, and I'm too lazy to go check

However, I am 5' 3-1/2" with a 33" leg - I have always had a hard time finding any kind of pants that fit my short-waisted frame. Petites are always too short and regulars are usually too long, but the Lees are perfect as long as I'm not wearing flat shoes, which I hardly ever wear, so there ya go. (I usually have at least a 2-3 inch chunky heeled shoe on). I'm also cheap, and Lee's are in my budget
Old 10-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

If you have a downeast outlet store they have AE and Big Star and Hollister and True Religion that have all the varied lengths for a lot less than they are at the "other" stores.. I got a pair of Big Star (buckle) for $20 last week and for kids for school I got AE ones for both my kiddos for less than $15 a pair. True Religion jeans were about $100 rather than $300 there as well.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

ON Diva here, too. And I let them drag.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Celeste* View Post
In my head you were at least 5'9" tall! How weird is that!
LOL, yeah no, I'm tiny. You're not the first person to say that to me here though. Maybe I just talk tall? I always picture Meg being taller too...

We had a thread here at one point where everyone listed their heights. It was really funny to see who you perceived to be what height and how tall they really were.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

diva or dreamer from ON here too. mine drag as well. they aren't proper jeans unless they have the ratty bottoms

Old 10-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

Quote:
LOL, yeah no, I'm tiny. You're not the first person to say that to me here though. Maybe I just talk tall? I always picture Meg being taller too...

the first time i saw a pic of you, lynnette, i said to meg, "man, she's a lot shorter than i pictured her!" LOL
glad i'm not the only one!

Old 10-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmasmommy View Post
the first time i saw a pic of you, lynnette, i said to meg, "man, she's a lot shorter than i pictured her!" LOL
glad i'm not the only one!
haha, yeah, there aren't too many photos in my gallery that you can even tell. They're all cropped in real close. Plus in all the photos of Adam and I together we're either sitting or he leans WAY down to get in the frame because he's 6 feet tall! If you see us together, it's way more obvious. Honestly it's kind of a nice change because in person all I ever get are comments about how tiny I am or how young I look. It gets old after awhile, haha.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Celeste* View Post
ok so where do you buy your jeans? do you buy lots of different kinds or stick to one kind?
I'm a Levis girl. I've bought ON Diva from time to time, but the Levis fit me better. Right now there are 2 I like, the 526 midrise and the 54something low rises. I tend to stick to the same style for a couple of years then change when they force me into it by changing the cut.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by taracotta7 View Post
I go to the Buckle. Seriously.....there employees just know how to fit good jeans. All different inseam lengths. Plus, I am really happy with the fit. If they can't fit you "exactly" they offer FREE alterations. Seriously. Good stuff.

Also, I have had good luck at Maurices.
I was going to recommend Maurices, too. I love all there clothes and everything is oh so cute.

I'm currently loosing weight, but when I get to my goal, I am totally buying buckle jeans. My sister swears by them.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I love Gap's Long and Lean jeans. LOVE. I'm too short, but I wear them long and wear them in nice and ratty, LOL!
I also love AE's Boyfriend jeans. Although it's been a while since I bought a new pair and I think they changed the cut of them on me.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

My favorite jeans are A.N.A at JCPenneys

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 10-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I stick to Levi's 515. I have them in each shade. I'm 5'10" and these are the only ones that aren't too long, and not too short, and when I sit or bend, there's nothing offensive showing.

It stinks that you don't have a Maurices. This is the only place my daughter can find jeans that fit perfect, other than Buckle. And until I graduate from college and get a real job, Buckle isn't in the budget.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wear the ON Flirt and Diva jeans, although I was surprised also to find a pair of jeans at Target that have been my favorites for the last several months. I just buy them long and hem them (although be careful hemming because they will continue to shrink!) I found this really easy hemming technique online that allows you to keep the original stitching. This is one of a few tutorials online for the same technique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heZll3TMBT0
Old 10-04-2011, 12:00 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
haha, yeah, there aren't too many photos in my gallery that you can even tell. They're all cropped in real close. Plus in all the photos of Adam and I together we're either sitting or he leans WAY down to get in the frame because he's 6 feet tall! If you see us together, it's way more obvious. Honestly it's kind of a nice change because in person all I ever get are comments about how tiny I am or how young I look. It gets old after awhile, haha.
I'm 5'2" and Michael is 6". And trust me, by the time your my age and have birthed a couple of kids, being told you're tiny and look young makes your whole week!!

I wore men's jeans in college because low rise wasn't out for girls yet, and I couldn't stand anything on my waist. Plus, I could totally tailor waist + length sizes how I wanted vs. getting frustrated with short being too short but reg being too long.

I like AE best. I have ON, but i .look better in straighter through the hips/thighs cuts than curvy cuts.

Last edited by krystalhartley; 10-04-2011 at 03:16 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:52 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I'm a Levis girl. I've bought ON Diva from time to time, but the Levis fit me better. Right now there are 2 I like, the 526 midrise and the 54something low rises. I tend to stick to the same style for a couple of years then change when they force me into it by changing the cut.
Yep I swear by Levi's too...I'm a plus size gal so a lot of the suggestions mentioned are out for me since most "trendy" jeans don't apply...
I'm too lazy to go look at my favorites but I know that the ones I wear the most I got from QVC last spring...they are tight legged, which makes me very happy since I wear high uggs most of the winter.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

now i have a bunch to try!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Ditto to the Buckle. I love theres and I'm on the opposite end. I'm a bit tall, but have super short legs and long torso. Buckle jeans are always so durable and comfortable. I just let them fit me, try on 20 pairs or so to find a few I like.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I love Buckle!! My BKE's and my Bigstars are my most comfy jeans. I like that there are different fits and the employees are amazing!

I do have some Old Navy Rockstar skinny jeans that I like...I wish they were a little longer though, but they work well with boots or flats. I also have some Jag and Kut jeans that I like from Nordstrom.

You really have to try jeans on and know how they should fit. I have to try a LOT on...that's why Buckle is so great! They're totally worth the price!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaCola3 View Post
Yep I swear by Levi's too...I'm a plus size gal so a lot of the suggestions mentioned are out for me since most "trendy" jeans don't apply...
I'm too lazy to go look at my favorites but I know that the ones I wear the most I got from QVC last spring...they are tight legged, which makes me very happy since I wear high uggs most of the winter.
You are not either plus sized!! I've seen full length photos of you! I'm sure Buckle would have jeans to fit you...they even have some that are for plus size...I can't remember the name of them, but give them a try. You'll be surprised.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've never heard of Maurices. I'll have to look online!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrijc View Post
I gave up long ago trying to find the perfect length. Buy ones that are too long and have them tailored. For me, it's like $8. Well worth the price, IMO.
omgosh...yes! If jeans don't come in specific lengths (like at Buckle) they'll almost always be too long. I found a great tailor years ago. I take the tallest shoes in that I'll be wearing them with and have them hem to those. Then I can wear shorter heeled shoes too if I want. Totally worth the few extra dollars!
Old 10-05-2011, 07:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is a great thread! I have a pair of Old Navy Sweetheart Jeans that I wear all the time because they fit me great everywhere - except the waist. I have a huge problem finding jeans that will fit my big butt and small waist. So, although I love these best out of what I have found, I still hate having to wear a belt to cinch the waist in.

I will have to try some of these other brands that have been suggested.

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 10-05-2011, 09:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm Shorty McShorty Pants (5'3), but I bought my first pair of Lucky Jeans about 6 months ago and I fell in love. I got the Lola boot cut in short and they rock my world. My butt looks smokin' in them if I do say so myself I recently bought the same jeans in different wash. And I'm sort of chunk-a-licious these days, too. I bought them in a 12 short and I feel GREAT in them.

ETA: I do wear my jeans with 3" heels, so that helps too

And their people are all about helping you find the right size!

Good luck Celeste - let us know what you find!

beckie_scraps on IG!
Old 10-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by neenee View Post
This is a great thread! I have a pair of Old Navy Sweetheart Jeans that I wear all the time because they fit me great everywhere - except the waist. I have a huge problem finding jeans that will fit my big butt and small waist. So, although I love these best out of what I have found, I still hate having to wear a belt to cinch the waist in.

I will have to try some of these other brands that have been suggested.
Neenee...I bet we have a very similar body shape. It's been a problem of mine for years...trying to find pants to fit without the waist gaping several inches!

At Buckle, they'll probably try you in BKE Drew fit jeans, or Big Star Hazel fit jeans. Those both work great for me, but let them fit you for them and do what they say. If they say they're too big for you, trust them. They will stretch after a few hours and you don't want them sagging.

I do love those jeans for everyday, but I like a really nice dressier wash jean too if I'm going out. I have some Jag bootcut jeans I got at Nordstrom (cheaper than my buckle jeans) that are a really dark wash. Also, the KUT Diana skinny jeans and the KUT Annie boyfriend jeans work well for me. I went a size smaller in the Diana's than the Annies too...there is more stretch.

If you like your jeans to have a higher waist, try the Ann Taylor Loft curvy fit jeans. they fit me perfectly too, but the waist is higher than I'm comfortable with on a daily basis.

There is no reason to "settle" anymore. There are so many different styles and options out there. There is definitely something to fit everyone.

Now...if I could just find some nice black dress pants that fit. Nordstrom used to have their Halogen Taylor fits that were ok...they were a curvier fit, but I need to have mine taken in...I've lost some and they're too big. I'd like to find some straighter leg slacks too...these are a wider leg all the way down. They're nice, but I'd like to wear some fuller sweater type tops and would like the bottom half to not be so wide. I need to spend a day just shopping for work pants.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4noisyboys View Post
Neenee...I bet we have a very similar body shape. It's been a problem of mine for years...trying to find pants to fit without the waist gaping several inches!

At Buckle, they'll probably try you in BKE Drew fit jeans, or Big Star Hazel fit jeans. Those both work great for me, but let them fit you for them and do what they say. If they say they're too big for you, trust them. They will stretch after a few hours and you don't want them sagging.

I do love those jeans for everyday, but I like a really nice dressier wash jean too if I'm going out. I have some Jag bootcut jeans I got at Nordstrom (cheaper than my buckle jeans) that are a really dark wash. Also, the KUT Diana skinny jeans and the KUT Annie boyfriend jeans work well for me. I went a size smaller in the Diana's than the Annies too...there is more stretch.

If you like your jeans to have a higher waist, try the Ann Taylor Loft curvy fit jeans. they fit me perfectly too, but the waist is higher than I'm comfortable with on a daily basis.

There is no reason to "settle" anymore. There are so many different styles and options out there. There is definitely something to fit everyone.

Now...if I could just find some nice black dress pants that fit. Nordstrom used to have their Halogen Taylor fits that were ok...they were a curvier fit, but I need to have mine taken in...I've lost some and they're too big. I'd like to find some straighter leg slacks too...these are a wider leg all the way down. They're nice, but I'd like to wear some fuller sweater type tops and would like the bottom half to not be so wide. I need to spend a day just shopping for work pants.
Thanks for all this help! I absolutely HATE going shopping for jeans because I am so hard to fit. I usually wind up settling for something because I get tired of trying them on with no success.

I do like the waist to hit me lower on the hip. Or at least a few inches below the belly button. I have a belly button ring and it rubs if they aren't low enough plus they just feel more comfortable lower.

Isn't it amazing how we just settle for something rather than taking the time to find the right fit? I finally went and had a bra fitting after wearing whatever worked well enough for 25 years! LOL The girls are so much happier and sitting in the right place finally!

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 10-05-2011, 12:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I adore Joe's Jeans and 7 for All Mankind! Of course, there a bit on the pricey side. Many websites make suggestions based on body types and Norstrom will fit you for jeans too. Good luck!