Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default FB Question

So I'm relaltively new to facebook and don't post a lot, but last night I posted a LO from apple picking the day before. A woman that I barely know from my church (she friend requested me) posted this comment: "u make me sick, u r so on top of things. I still haven't put the baby pics of my 14 year old in her scrap book" Now, I'm sure she totally didn't mean it as snarky as is sounds to me and she was trying to be funny, but for someone reason it really is bothering me. If I delete, will she be notified that I deleted it? I don't want it to turn into her feeling bad or apologizing or anything, but I don't really want to keep seeing it either! And as I'm sure you all understand, there are tons of photos I'm "behind" on, I just felt like scrapping those.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

no, she won't be notified if you delete it.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:43 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I'd just play it off like "oh I'm way behind too these photos just jumped out at me and I wanted to go ahead and scrap them"

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 09-10-2012, 02:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, the text speak is not my favorite. I think she meant it as a compliment, but I can see why you're taken back by the comment.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's that first line - it's really harsh. I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be funny, but she didn't do a good job coming off that way. And like Jenn said - she won't be notified if you delete it, so I would delete it if it bothers you!!
Old 09-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Oh, yeah... I know those "trying to be sort of funny but totally coming off as snarky" comments on FB. LOL! Read this one of mine that I posted about here... it will make you feel better.

I ended up deleting the comment from the page on FB and sent her a message saying something like: I know you were just trying to be funny but it seemed a little mean, so I deleted it.

And, I still run into her at church all the time. She gave me a big hug that took the breath out of me, sent my son some of her son's robotics hand-me-downs and everything is just dandy between us again. You know, some people are just "talkers" and don't think things out before they type them or say them.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Delete it if it bothers you. Facebook eats comments all the time anyway. I wouldnt take offense to it though. I would just comment back personally.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I'd just delete it if it's bothering you. I've done that with comments on my Facebook that have irked me...or just stuff my aunt's posted that are really better off no being shared on Facebook. She can't seem to grasp the idea that what she's commenting can be seen by everyone I've friended on Facebook and not just her and me....but that's a whole 'nother thing.

My theory...it's my Facebook and if it makes me uncomfortable, I'm not going to keep it around.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If I don't like a comment on my posts I delete them! Maybe she was just having a bad day.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

OMGosh, I would totally say something like that. And if I did find out someone had deleted my comment like that, I would feel like such a jerk. I'm one of those people who knows what I mean but doesn't communicate it very well. I agree her comment comes off pretty strong, but really she's saying she admires you. : ) But totally feel free to delete anything you want on your fb.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I don't believe she said it that way to hurt you. It was probably her way of admiring the work you do. Give her the benefit of doubt. I've had things said to me a whole lot worse and they were from family.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm sure she didn't mean anything bad but if it bothers you and she won't know if you delete it, I say delete it. No harm no foul.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for your input ladies !
Old 09-11-2012, 06:12 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Maybe I'm the odd one out here, but I just don't quite understand what part of the comment that she posted is offensive. I generally just let most things in 'text' just fly by because I know that most times things can be so easily taken the wrong way. If something does bother me, I go straight to the source and confront the issue that way it's handled and over instead of a thorn in my side. I don't like having to sit around and wonder what the intent was behind the comment.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arual View Post
Maybe I'm the odd one out here, but I just don't quite understand what part of the comment that she posted is offensive. I generally just let most things in 'text' just fly by because I know that most times things can be so easily taken the wrong way. If something does bother me, I go straight to the source and confront the issue that way it's handled and over instead of a thorn in my side. I don't like having to sit around and wonder what the intent was behind the comment.
That part that bothers me is "you make me sick"-it's not something that I would say to someone and certainly wouldn't write it. Probably something that a lot people joke around with, just not me I guess.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by shupe View Post
That part that bothers me is "you make me sick"-it's not something that I would say to someone and certainly wouldn't write it. Probably something that a lot people joke around with, just not me I guess.
Oh. I see.

Just delete what you don't care to have on your page, thats the nice thing about it, you get to pick and choose!