Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-29-2020, 11:35 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm
Default Show me your moving layouts!

It looks like it's settled (knock on wood) - we are buying my in-law's old house (more like renting to own from them), and we will be moving in September, in the new house by October 1st. I am super excited and super scared. Super excited because IT'S OUR FIRST HOUSE (after being married for 14 years and being renters all that time) and that feeling is always good. Super scared for several reasons - a) as I've mentioned before I have fibromyalgia and a very bad back, I've moved twice since my diagnoses and the work/process is NEVER fun and always leaves me pretty down for the count for probably a couple months afterward. B) We're moving cities again, the city we're moving to is more metro and I've lived in rural cities my entire life so it's a little scary to think what we might be moving to. C) I'm a little unsettled for my almost 14 year old son, having to move schools again, having to move away from really good friends (though he'll still be in contact with them on Discord and it's close enough we don't mind setting up days he can hang out with them) all in the middle of a crazy pandemic. BUT...I'll be living in the same city as my dad again (we only live about an hour away now but I don't get to see him much even pre-pandemic and I miss him). And it's our first house. I'll be around my favorite craft stores again instead of living 3 small cities away. And it's our first house. I'll have a basement for a family/gaming room and a spacious craft area (plus tornado season...that's invaluable). And did I mention it's our first house yet?

I need all the good vibes - the pessimistic side of me wants to take over since during the past couple weeks we had a couple "oh no we're not getting the house" moments that almost broke my heart. Good vibes that the process isn't too hard on my body. Good vibes in general for a good move. The great news is digital scrapbooking is a super easy hobby to move, I can literally carry my laptop and EHD in my hands lol. The bad news is I still have 2 tons of paper scrapbooking supplies to move that I can't bring myself to get rid of (they were my late mother's)...plus an entire craft room of supplies for every crafty hobby known on God's green earth. Oy vey.

So scrappy peeps, show me any and all of your moving related layouts. I want to document the process like I never have before - because I literally don't think I've ever scrapped any of our moves. And my 2020 scrapbook needs some pages that aren't coronavirus and lockdown related, so if I'm inspired to make 100 different moving pages I'll make 100 moving pages!
Old 08-29-2020, 11:40 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

this is awesome news!!! so happy for you, what a wonderful thing to be able to say 'Our first house', huge congrats to you all.
take is slow, rest when you need to and take your time packing and unpacking. unpacking is the best as you get to put all your things in a new place that will now be their permanent home... so exciting.
to be close to your dad is fabulous, crafts store awesome and close enough for your son to still see his friends.. wonderful. enjoy it all xx
Old 08-30-2020, 12:10 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoCee View Post
this is awesome news!!! so happy for you, what a wonderful thing to be able to say 'Our first house', huge congrats to you all.
take is slow, rest when you need to and take your time packing and unpacking. unpacking is the best as you get to put all your things in a new place that will now be their permanent home... so exciting.
to be close to your dad is fabulous, crafts store awesome and close enough for your son to still see his friends.. wonderful. enjoy it all xx
Thank you JoCee, we are thrilled. Finally some good news and something to look forward to in 2020 for us!
Old 08-30-2020, 09:29 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Congrats on the exciting news!!
Old 08-30-2020, 10:32 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

How exciting! Best wishes on your move and that everything will go smoothly! I haven't scrapped a layout about moving, but here are some kits I found that would be great to document your move...

and this to scrap once you're moved in...

Old 08-30-2020, 09:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

These are some layouts I created back in 2011...so very old, kits dont exist anymore but you can get the idea of scrapping...My oldest was 6 at the time and had fun hiding in all the boxes. The store has some amazing kits like the previous poster posted. <3

Old 08-31-2020, 02:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats!!

I might have made more layouts but I can't find them.

Last edited by Leablahblah; 08-31-2020 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-31-2020, 06:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

How exciting, but also scary at the same time!! I think Hubs & I were married 17 years when we bought our first house.
I have a sweet friend who has fibromyalgia, too. We've helped her family move a couple of times. We tried to get her to do as little as possible, but she always ended up having a few weeks of recovery time. Please try to get as much help as possible so that you can do as little as possible and take care of yourself

I seriously thought I had done bunches of moving layouts (we've moved enough over our marriage!!), but this is the only one I could find. It's not really "moving" specifically, but it shows our old apartment and new house.

Old 08-31-2020, 08:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations! I haven't scrapped any moving house layouts, but maybe you could do before/after photos of the house you're in now (e.g. room fully furnished before you start packing, then totally empty or full of packed boxes on moving day), and the new house (empty on move in day, then fully furnished a week or so later). Remember to take photos of the front doors and street signs too.
Old 09-01-2020, 11:59 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Proudly creating for Traci Reed Happy Creator for Studio Basic Designs
Creative Guest for Kristin Cronin-Barrow Feb-Mar

GALLERY | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM