Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2008, 08:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to AmyM
Default 1st day of school

So we found a good school for my daughter and decided to try it out. If it doesn't work then we homeschool. Today was her first day of 2nd grade. Only reason I'm not biting my nails and pacing the floors is because I'm here typing. Anybody else a bundle of nerves today?
It's been less than an hour and I miss her already.
On the other hand, it's kinda nice not to have a bunch of kids in my house all day every day. We have been running like crazy doing school shopping and all weekend we were at family get togethers and went to the lake- so my house is a total wreck. I might actually be able to get something done today and catch up on my scrapping too.

facebook
Old 08-25-2008, 09:01 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to mommy2aria06

Aw, good luck to your little one! I'm sure she is having a blast!! Yay for having some free time!!
Old 08-25-2008, 09:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Im sure shes gonna do wonderfully honey!! I can totally understand your nerves, my daughter starts first grade this Wednesday and Im totally freaking out! She is so excited though and knowing that shes going to really enjoy her first day is enough to calm me just a tad LOL
Old 08-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My oldest started 2nd this year also. I hope the school works out great for you. I am sure the nerves will get better as the year progresses and you get more comfortable with the school!
Old 08-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Awww, I hope she does great! As a *former* 2nd grade teacher, I have to say that it is truly the best year for kids!!! They tend to love it! My poor baby DS starts K on Wed. and I'm just dying inside.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:33 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Today is my kids first day of school. Two of them are in high school and my baby is in 7th grade!!
Old 08-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My son is starting new daycare today...I worry how he will do! I hope he will be ok!
Old 08-25-2008, 02:36 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

i've been in tears most of the morning. . .

i sent my 2 oldest to a new school this morning, 5th & 2nd grade and they don't know ANYONE. it breaks my heart! we had to move in the middle of the year last year, so our principal let them finish up at their old school, but this year we start in the new school and unfortunately we don't have many school aged children near us, that's why they don't have any friends as classmates.

luckily it's a short day today. . . i get to pick them up in one hour! crossing my fingers that they had a great 1st day.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:40 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

she'll do GREAT amy
Old 08-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Last year when I took Mason to his first day of school (kindergarten - it's full-day here), I was a total wreck. My MIL distracted me all day by taking me shopping in town - and out for coffee, then out for lunch, lol...I got home just before he did. He walked through the door and was SO happy, he had so much fun at school - I haven't worried again.

School starts again on Wed, and I'm actually looking forward to it. I never thought I'd be one of those moms, lol...but I'm ready for the constant bickering and fighting to end (at least for 8 hours a day, lol).
Old 08-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

DD1 had her 1st day of Kindergarten today. *We* both did very well this morning during the drop-off But I've been thinking about her all day. At 9am I'm hoping that she's enjoying her snack and that she's having fun playing w/all these new kids. At 11am I'm wondering if she enjoyed her lunch and how she's doing with that. DD2 had the same thing for lunch...makes me a little sad that I will not have her with me during lunch time anymore. She's been SO looking forward to having lunch at school for a long time now lol. I can't wait to pick her up and just to see how her spirit is.

DD2 starts pre-school in 2 weeks. Though it'll be for less than 3 hours a day for ONLY days a week. It's not that big of a deal b/c of the open policy of the school (parent's are welcome to drop by anytime or hang out all day lol), and the fact that I'll still get to enjoy lunchtime with her for a couple of years more

It's hard for us to sit here and hope that our kid's are enjoying school. At least you have a back-up plan if it doesn't work out for her. {{HUGS}} to us all.

==> Click HERE if you dare <==