Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-20-2019, 12:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD: When Spring Comes

Does the change in seasons effect you? Do you have a chore or event that is ongoing each year? Do you look forward to the warmer weather?
Old 03-20-2019, 12:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love spring....the anticipation of new blooms, budding trees, the scent of cherry blossoms in the air, warm breezes....ah....love it...it just makes me happy. Not to mention the increase in sunshine which energizes me.

Happy first day of spring today!

Here on the west coast we get a lot of rain but we do get glorious days of sunshine too and when it is nice out, everyone gets outdoors, smiles at each other and you can feel the happiness. Yesterday I got out for a long jog with Taz and it felt so good. I had taken a break from it since mid January when the weather got too cold and icy. I'm excited to be able to get back into it again. Taz and I jog 3-4 days a week, usually along both sides of the river or our other route is through the school yard, around the oval track, up the wooden stairs to an upper residential area and around the pretty cul-de-sac.

I love to photograph nature so I start to get excited about the changes outdoors. I saw the buds on the trees as we were jogging yesterday and I thought, I need to grab my camera and macro lens and start taking photos of our neighborhood. (Anyone who knows me, knows I am a landscape and macro photographer, I am obsessed LOL).
Old 03-20-2019, 12:32 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I wouldn't say that the weather in North Carolina get COLD, but I definitely look forward to the warmer weather - the warmer the better! There's a sweet spot here when it's warm and lovely and the humidity is not oppressive... it lasts about a week. haha

Edited to add: the thing I DON'T look forward to is my crazy allergies!! Our whole city gets covered in this ridiculous yellow pollen. Yuck!!

I'm not really big on spring cleaning, but this year happens to coincide with the arrival of Baby Bean and an impending move... so I'm a little more motivated than usual to get my Marie Kondo on.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:35 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I love spring....the anticipation of new blooms, budding trees, the scent of cherry blossoms in the air, warm breezes....ah....love it...it just makes me happy. Not to mention the increase in sunshine which energizes me.

Happy first day of spring today!

Here on the west coast we get a lot of rain but we do get glorious days of sunshine too and when it is nice out, everyone gets outdoors, smiles at each other and you can feel the happiness. Yesterday I got out for a long jog with Taz and it felt so good. I had taken a break from it since mid January when the weather got too cold and icy. I'm excited to be able to get back into it again. Taz and I jog 3-4 days a week, usually along both sides of the river or our other route is through the school yard, around the oval track, up the wooden stairs to an upper residential area and around the pretty cul-de-sac.

I love to photograph nature so I start to get excited about the changes outdoors. I saw the buds on the trees as we were jogging yesterday and I thought, I need to grab my camera and macro lens and start taking photos of our neighborhood. (Anyone who knows me, knows I am a landscape and macro photographer, I am obsessed LOL).
The picture you've painted here is SO LOVELY!!!
Old 03-20-2019, 01:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Karli-Marie - I have to say I am not really ever motivated to do housecleaning. I try to keep things tidy but cleaning just isn't my thing (whereas my daughter loves to clean). I prefer to cook than clean. But I do make myself do some spring cleaning and window washing (ugh...hate that chore). So, I do get my Marie Kondo vibe going (somewhat).

I get excited for you every time you mention your little bean LOL. Hope the upcoming move goes smoothly.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:49 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

What I look forward to this time of the year is College Basketball playoffs. I love college basketball; I actually take off tomorrow & Friday so I can watch basketball.

I am not a cleaner but I will try and do some decluttering and cleaning for the next couple of mornings.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:36 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I love spring - I love it more than summer. 10-20C is my favourite temp haha. I don't like the mud or the gross smell of melting snow but I do feel a lot better. I just got home from a walk and it was warm enough to be in just a t-shirt!
Old 03-20-2019, 07:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am so ready for spring and warmer weather! Mud and allergies are not fun but already people have been getting out more and we are all clearly ready to get outside again. I saw some bulbs coming up - no blooms yet but progress!

I don't spring clean. My poor mother would cringe - she was such a better housekeeper than I am and she taught me better than that, but I do NOT like cleaning!
Old 03-20-2019, 08:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It's been warm the last several days - mid 60s, which is really nice. I don't mind winter because I've only had a "real" winter for the past 2 years. I am amazed at having a "real" spring! With the trees starting to get buds, bulbs sprouting and grass starting to turn green again.
It's so much like the stages of life, where things happen in seasons.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:53 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Where in live we don't really get much spring ....yesterday it was mid 70's and today we have thunder and lightning ...go figure LOL...anyway I HATE the heat!! and by May we will in the high 80's - mid 90's....

I generally get my yard ready for the heat....I don't work outside when its over 85...just can't stand that blaring heat

Old 03-20-2019, 10:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love Spring....except for the mud! I'll be so glad when I can break out the flip flops, put my porch furniture out, and have a cup of coffee outside first thing in the morning when it's warm! Unfortunately, that was not this morning...which started at about 27 degrees!

I planted some pansies outside today, but then I had to cover them because it's going to get down into the 30s tonight. I know they are 'cold tolerant,' but I didn't want to take any chances! My mom bought me two pretty window boxes that I'm eager to plant up! I can't wait to get out and plant veggies and other pretty flowers, too. Gardening is definitely like therapy to me...especially after being cooped up all Winter.

My daughter had her first softball scrimmage on the JV team so ball season has officially begun--another sure sign that its Spring. This is the first year in 9 seasons that my husband hasn't been her coach! We also have two boys who play baseball, so almost every day we are at practice or a game until the season ends in June.
Old 03-20-2019, 11:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I mostly like the spring, but man the allergy flare up that comes with all of the blooming and pollen makes me miserable!
Old 03-21-2019, 05:10 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I love spring, because it means less layers of clothes, more sunshine and lots of beautiful cherry blossoms and new flower buddings.
Old 03-21-2019, 05:31 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We don't really have spring anymore - it just seems to go straight from winter to being hot. But I do like that there's more hours of daylight and I can get up earlier and do stuff while its still quiet.

We're heading into Autumn now and one morning this week I actually had to put a jacket on for the first time in months... I love that first feeling of coolness after a long hot summer.
Old 03-21-2019, 12:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Debbie - enjoy the playoffs.

Kristin - that's me too! Warm but not hot, hot. I hate the mud and slushy, dirty snow. Our snow is all gone now and although morning is still chilly, its getting warmer mid day. It was so nice to get out jogging with Taz this morning in the early morning chill with the sun shining.

Cindi - I hate housework which made my mom cringe too. She was a clean freak as my youngest daughter is too. Not me. I like a tidy kitchen and LR but the rest of the house suffers terribly but I'm ok with that. I tell my hubs if he doesn't like it, he can do the housework LOL.

Tammy - I've never lived anywhere where there weren't distinctive 4 seasons of weather so I'm used to it but I'll never be a cold weather person. I like moderate temps and pretty landscape scenery. I saw more trees and bushes budding this morning. I can't wait to get out there and take pics.

Kathy - what area are you in? That kind of heat is so draining. Hope you have air conditioning.

Lynn - yes, I'm waiting for flip-flop weather too! Your weather is a bit chillier than ours, we were at 40 when I got up at 7 this morning. How nice to have a flower and veggie garden. That is my dream. To sell our place in the next few yrs, move further out of town and get some property so we can have a big garden.

Sheri - I have allergies too but am in denial...I try to ignore the runny eyes and drippy nose. I'll gladly suffer it though to have the good weather and all the greenery.

Sherly - yes, less clothes, more sunshine....bring it on! I'm ready.

Kim - what area are you in? More daylight makes such a difference in my mood. I can't wait to get outdoors and get some fresh air. I know what you mean about autumn though. After a hot summer, it is nice to have the autumn season with the colors, smells and crisp cool temps. I don't like it as much as spring/summer but at least it eases us into the winter season which I hate.
Old 03-21-2019, 12:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Spring is okay. Track season is starting for my older daughter. This is the first time we are going somewhere over spring break, but it's still not going to be warm enough for me. I like 80 degrees.