Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > Sweet Stuff from the Sweet Shoppe
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2012, 12:10 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm
Thumbs up Hardcore Gratitude Chatter Thread!

Hey Sweeties! Even if you aren't participating by scrapping, you can still post here with something you're grateful for on the topic of the day! OR feel free to share your layouts if you made them too!!
Old 11-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

Hardcore Gratitude, Day 1

Today I'm grateful for the jerk who nearly got me evicted when I was just a scared and pregnant kid.

and my layout:

Old 11-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Hard Core Gratitude Day 1- Today I'm grateful for someone who taught me what a relationship ISN'T supposed to be.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just read about the project and think it will 'work' really well for my life right now. I don't have any of my 'scrappy' stuff here at work, but I did start a 'note' pad for the series and started a new 'creative' blog that I will eventually post this to, once I get it scrapped.

But for now, here is my Day 1.

You hurt me, more realistically, you hurt my heart. There were days when I hated you for that. Those days are far outweighed by the days that I loved you though. Still to this day, even though my heart is not by any means whole or complete, I wouldn't go back. I wouldn't change the things you taught me about being a partner and loving someone so completely. You were young, and I was even younger. We were in different places in our lives. I know now more than ever that everything happens for a reason. You were put in my path to teach me about the kind of love I want, about the kind of person I want to spend forever with, about the life I want to have. You gave me wings and taught me how to fly. You also showed me a world I don't want to be a part of. You showed me things I would have never seen. You were a part of my life and I would not change that for anything. It was quite possibly one of the happiest and one of the most heartbreaking. Even though we didn't last, the times we spent together are fond memories and Ry, I think of you often. I am grateful for all of the times we shared and the lessons you taught me about life and love.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm loving this project ladies!!! Haven't had time to really reflect myself but I love reading these!!
Old 11-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

You guys are sooo amazing!! I love both of your journaling, how wonderful
Old 11-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ug mine is not fun to think about, but I love your idea to really hunker down and focus on the harder things and find a way to be grateful for them. Suprisingly, I realized I've learned lots of things from the person that I hold the biggest grudge against.

I am thankful for the person who has taught me that just because you love someone doesn't mean they'll love you back, that even when I try my hardest, it just won't be enough for some people, that there are people that just don't give a crap about anyone besides themselves and will do anything to get what they want even if it means it will hurt someone else, that some people are just plain mean and hurtful. I'm thankful for this person because they've opened my eyes to so many things about relationships and how they should not be - things that I am going to be passing on to my children so that they can hopefully avoid some heartbreak.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

oh my gosh, I am a new lollipop over here in the sweet shoppe community, and am in love with this idea...gonna go investigate and figure out how and when I can do this...wow!

Living life to the fullest!

Old 11-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

Kelley...

Welcome Anne!!
Old 11-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelley View Post
Ug mine is not fun to think about, but I love your idea to really hunker down and focus on the harder things and find a way to be grateful for them. Suprisingly, I realized I've learned lots of things from the person that I hold the biggest grudge against.

I am thankful for the person who has taught me that just because you love someone doesn't mean they'll love you back, that even when I try my hardest, it just won't be enough for some people, that there are people that just don't give a crap about anyone besides themselves and will do anything to get what they want even if it means it will hurt someone else, that some people are just plain mean and hurtful. I'm thankful for this person because they've opened my eyes to so many things about relationships and how they should not be - things that I am going to be passing on to my children so that they can hopefully avoid some heartbreak.
Oh Kelley, that sounds a lot like my ex.

http://kristibigelow.blogspot.com
Guesting in 2013 for Lynne-Marie, Traci Reed & Victoria Feemster
Old 11-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

My Day 1:
Old 11-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

I'm loving readin everyones journaling! Such a great project!
Here is mine:

Old 11-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

I'm so happy for you guys! Thank you for playing!
Old 11-10-2012, 12:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When I first saw this one, I thought...I don't want to write about that! But then I thought...she did say Hardcore!

I do have an experiece in my life just like that. A betrayal by a person in authority above me. It was one of the hardest things I've experienced in life. That person is still around, and while I am not directly under them anymore, I still run into that person and other people I know work for that person. It's taken me years to look at my experience with gratitude to God because without having that experience I would not be where I am now, or who I am now. I grew, I'm stronger, I know how to stand on my own two feet.

What I'm uncomfortable about is putting that in written form somewhere for others to see. Atleast the specifics. I can write about it generally, or even metaphorically. Usually I tackle those kinds of topics from a different angle that is more a spiritual reflection (on paper) rather than the specifics of a certain event.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:22 AM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

That is no problem at all Kristi. If you'd rather just reflect, that's fine too. Thank you for sharing with us and I hope you can continue to do so in a way that you're comfortable with
Old 11-10-2012, 12:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love this project. I will post my page when I get it done but I will share my story right now.

I am grateful for the jerkwad that laid me off almost 2 years ago. That job was a great job and I loved it and the next year when I was working for myself was brutal and so hard for myself and my family. And what hurt the most was that I was not the last hired nor was I bad at my job. I am pretty sure that I laid off for political reasons. Some of my family were pretty vocal against this person and I think he took it out on me. But we got through it and now I am just over a year into the dream I meant to do. I only thought I loved my job before this one. I am good and this and it is fulfilling and rewarding. And if that jerk hadn't felt so insecure and didn't take things personal, I would not be here in this position today. So thank you because I am better because of it.

Here is my pages:

Last edited by carriesmom; 11-10-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:30 AM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

LOVE that!! Thank you!
Old 11-10-2012, 01:19 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I just bought this so once my order is changed from queded to processed I will share
Old 11-10-2012, 01:25 AM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

Old 11-10-2012, 01:27 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Here's my page for Day 1

Last edited by Kristi8004; 11-10-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

I soooo love that Kristi!!

Today I'm Grateful for Senioritis and Nearly Throwing in the Towel on High School

Old 11-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Here's my Day 2

Old 11-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Here's my page for Day 2

Old 11-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Day 2:
Old 11-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci Reed View Post
That is no problem at all Kristi. If you'd rather just reflect, that's fine too. Thank you for sharing with us and I hope you can continue to do so in a way that you're comfortable with
Actually, you know, I have no problem with you all seeing it! You all here are so wonderful and supportive! It's more...someone else finding it laying around my house!!

Thanks Traci...I'll be watching your blog!
Old 11-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here is my Day 2:

Old 11-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

You guys are totally amazing! I love that you're working through this with me!
Old 11-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

Hardcore Gratitude Day 3: Today I'm grateful for my husband's crappy family!

Old 11-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Day 3: I'm grateful for my perfectly imperfect family

Old 11-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Day 2: Mistakes we've made.
Choices; it's something we all have and are faced with on a daily, if not hourly basis, sometimes more. I've made lots of wrong choices. I am human. I've also made some good choices and decisions that I will stand by until my time ends. Every choice I've made in my 28 years has come with it's own lesson; some good, some bad, but all mine. One of the choices that I've made in my life that I often wish I had done differently is my education. As a kid I was always a straight A student. Most, if not all, of my Elementary school report cards boast a 4.0 GPA. My first 2 years of High School I made good grades, in fact I had almost all A's. Then came Junior year, and I let things get a little more relaxed. I took AP classes, but I didn't follow through. Senior year rolled around and woah buddy, that didn't go so well either. I didn't care as much as I should have, at the time; turns out I really DO care a whole lot about that. I didn't care so much, that I actually failed crafts, CRAFTS!! Who does THAT!?! I did graduate and go on to take some college courses, but didn't take that so serious either. I let 'life' overule my decisions. Though I wish I would have followed through with my education 10 years ago, I am more than grateful, for the fact that just because I didn't do it then, doesn't mean I can't do it now. It's something that's important to me, and even more important to me to show my kids that it can be done, even if life happens and you make bad choices. You can change, your situation can change, and you can make new choices. Every.single. day. I will be re-choosing a college education starting in the spring.

Day 3: Family
Family. One word that's like a loaded gun. It encompasses so much; laughter, joy, sadness and pain all in one little place. Growing up my family had it's fair share of issues. I've been through a lot with them, without them, because of them. Despite, everything, I'm very thankful for all it has taught me. I learned about the kind of parent I want to be and the one I won't be. They taught me about the kind of love I will show my children, and the kinds of things that I don't want them to have experience. My family has taught me how to be tolerant and compassionate towards others, even if we don't agree or have the same values. I am extra thankful for all of that, especially when faced with the family that I married into. My in-laws are everything that my family is not; often times hurtful and sometimes down right hateful.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Oh my goodness, I love this project.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Traci, this is an amazing project! I am glad that you did this. They aren't the fancy or prettiest pages I have ever done, but I love that I am getting some of these stories down. Here is my Day 3.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

Love that Liz! I chose to keep mine really simple too

Hardcore Gratitude Day 4: Today I'm grateful that the pregnancy didn't "take" until the right time...
Old 11-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here is my Day 4:
Old 11-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

Liz!!
Old 11-13-2012, 12:27 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Here's my Day 4...a little late
I'm grateful for a disease that made me healthier

Old 11-13-2012, 12:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

These are looking amazing, everyone!!

Old 11-13-2012, 08:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to do a little bit of catch up. I've been stuck on day 2, and just kind of been too busy to really sit down and write it out. Also, this one is hard - not because I can't think of a big mistake, but because I can't really find the thing to be thankful for in any of them! Hopefully something will come to me as I write LOL.

One of the biggest mistakes I've made in my life (though there are several) is that I was not careful with money as a teen/young adult, and I totally messed up my credit beyond repair. My parents never discussed money when I was a kid. I just kind of thought money was just there. Then of course I got older and got a job at 15. I learned a bit about earning/spending. When I went to college, I got multiple credit card apps in the mail and sent them in. So there I was, earning pretty much no money, and having credit cards. I don't know what the heck I was thinking, but I maxed those babies out without thinking twice. Then, to make matters worse, my mom passed away after several years of battling lung cancer. I ended up with a life insurance check. Instead of saving that money towards something good, like a house, I bought a cheap car and then spent the rest - on my credit cards that were now given larger limits because I was spending quite a bit monthy and paying it all off. Long story short, I had no clue what I was doing, and I messed up everything. I ended up with tons of debt, I had quit college, and I had no savings. I still struggle with this today because I think of how much trouble my choices back then have caused me. So, what can I be thankful for in this situation? Well, really the only thing I can think of is that I really learned my lesson in a hard way. I now know how much every financial choice a person makes affects them, even when they are young. I have also learned that it is important to teach kids about money and how money choices affect you for the rest of your lives. So, I am thankful for my mistakes because I know to teach my kids what not to do.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Day 3: I was blessed with a pretty awesome family. Of course there has always been trouble - when isn't there? My dad was an alcoholic and ended up taking his own life. He caused so much heartache and hurt for my mom. I was 9 when he died, but I don't even remember much about him because he was never home. I hold a grudge against him for not feeling that my sister and I were more important than whatever he did with his time - so that I could have some memories of him. More recently, I kind of feel abandoned by some of my family. When my mom died when I was 19, I was kind of lost. My dad had already passed. I did have a stepdad, but it just wasn't the same. I have 2 aunts in particular that I thought would really be there for me more than they were. I just feel like - if my sister passed away, I would do everything in my power to make it okay for my nieces and nephew. I would like to think I would check on them, invite them over, go visit them, help them in any way, and just try to have a relationship with them. Not to say that my aunts wouldn't help me out if I asked them, but they didn't call to check on me or anything, maybe once every 6 months or so to invite me to family gatherings (they live 2 hours away). They didn't do anything wrong per se, but I guess I just have a deep disappointment in my heart because I wish it would have been different. I wish they would have felt that my sis and I were important enough to check up on, to reach out to when we were having trouble. Overall, though, I really had to dig deep to come up with someone I was holding a grudge against. I do feel blessed that I have a loving family that is kind and respectful of me. I am thankful for my aunts because, even though they didn't reach out to me then, I know they would help me out if I asked them to. I am thankful for my whole family, good and bad, because every experience I've gone through has just given me more insight into life, and has made me who I am.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I only started it now, but I am going to catch up. Wow, this page took me to dark places, lol

Journaling can be read here: https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...cg-231&cat=516
Old 11-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

WOW! Look at what happens while I'm sleeping. YAY Lex!! Kelley, glad you're still plugging away!

Day 5: I'm Grateful For Divorce
Old 11-13-2012, 06:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

HI Traci! I mentioned at the women's group I attend your 'hardcore' gratitude challenge on your blog! Several ladies were interested in the prompts . I'll send them to your website!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:44 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

ooooh thanks Kristi!!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm slowly working on mine... and some of them I can't share here yet because they're with new releases coming on Saturday LOL

so all I can share is Day 1
Old 11-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Day 4: Blessing in Disguise

No matter what happens in life, good or bad, there are reasons. We don't always know the purpose behind them, until way later in life, if ever. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. One of my favorite verses in the Bible says just that, everything has a time and a time for everything under the sun. Sometimes things don't go as we have planned and everything feels like a disaster, like we've failed or it hurts and makes us more sad than we ever thought possible. Later in life, or just down the road a bit, our hearts and eyes are opened completely we can see why our plans didn't work at the time. I wouldn't want to go back and take away any of the senseless things that have happened in my life. It would mean I wouldn't be where I am now, and where I am right now is pretty alright. By no means is it perfect, but it is right exactly where I am supposed to be.

Day 5: The Way you were Raised

Raising children is a tough job, as a mom of 3 I get that, some days way more than others. As strage as it sounds, sometimes its tough to be a kid too. Up until I was 11 or 12, I lived in a pretty 'normal' family, at least as far as a kid could tell. Both of my parents worked (a lot), the were volunteer firefighters, they did their best to provide for us and keep everyone happy. I had (and still have) a younger sister and baby brother. That's when it all changed. My parents went through a messy and ugly divorce. I don't know how much they tried to 'hide' from us or not involve us. But a lot of times, it felt like we were just pieces in their 'game'. I always felt like I had to pick a side and it was never the right one, someone always ended up with hurt feelings. I went through several years where I barely talked to my dad, and to this day we still don't have a solid relationship, and only talk on a rare occasion. It pushed me and my mom apart. We have a pretty good relationship now, but it wasn't always easy. To this day, it feels like 'picking sides' especially during the holidays and times when we should be celebrating. I can't say I'm grateful for their split up, because I'm not. No one wants to be 'that' kid. However, I am grateful for what it taught me about being a parent. Relationships are tough and sometimes things get tougher and when you have children, it's quite possibly the hardest thing ever to keep 'peace' and not let them be in the middle. To make them feel like no matter what happens they have 2 parents who love them, and they don't have to choose a side.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

Hardcore Gratitude Day 6: Today I'm grateful for being a teenage misfit.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Day 6
High school was interesting. I usually hung out with the 'hick' crowd, I fit there best, except I didn't party like they did, and I was quiet and mostly kept to myself. I liked school and did well, for the most part. Most of my friends were guys, and they actually still make up a good majority of them. Since I didn't drink, I didn't go to parties, unless I was the designated driver. It's something I got a lot of flack for, but when I was a kid, going into first grade, my mom was hit by a drunk driver and both the occupants of the other car were killed; and growing up in a 'medical' family, you get to see and hear a lot of stories about that kind of thing. Not something I wanted to be a part of. I wasn't popular and didn't make any real lifelong friends. Of course there are people I am still friends with, but it's not like we see each other often or go out of our way to hang out. I always felt like I was being judged. It's tough to be the 'smart fat girl'. I didn't dress to impress, in fact, quite the opposite. I dressed to blend in, jeans and t-shirts, a pony tail and occasionally a swipe of make-up across my face. Looking at the whole picture, it could have been worse, but it had a lot of potential to be a whole lot more. Either way though, I'm grateful for the experiences I did have and am thankful to have stuck to my beliefs, especially when it came to drinking and driving, I have a few friends who should be thankful for that too.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:05 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I started this project. I wasn't going to because I am so busy, but I've been reading this thread every day and decided to make the time to do it.

Last edited by LJSDesigns; 11-14-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Banned

profile gallery

For those who don't journal a lot or who want a few pages without journaling, here is mine for Day 6.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

We're half way there!

Day 7: Today I'm grateful that we nearly starved and froze to death in Idaho!