Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2016, 12:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default One of Those Days...

This has already been ONE OF THOSE DAYS...

Ellie's swim lessons were cancelled (again!) so instead of a nice 45 minutes to myself to run errands, I sat through 10 minutes of water safety posters with her (which were mostly abt boats --- and I'm quite sure she's not going to run into any boats in the pool there).

I also pawned Nate off on my mom so that we could leave immediately after swim lessons to drive across town for a bday party she was invited to... so then we were not late to the party as we would have been otherwise (which was good!) but we had 30 minutes to kill as it was too far to go home between activities.

I got her dropped off at the party and headed home... to get a text from my mom that she & Nate had not gone to the zoo as planned and I needed to come get him (25 minutes round trip in the other direction) before I went back out to pick Ellie up from the party.

I see you, Monday, even though you are pretending to be Wednesday!
Old 07-06-2016, 05:47 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

Oh no La! Sounds like a wonderful Wednesday!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Old 07-06-2016, 06:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh LA, I hear ya! I had invited a new lady at church to my house for morning tea this morning at 10am so we could get to know each other. She has cancer and the Drs have given her 5 months to live. She texted at 10am to say she can't make it now as she has a chemo appt. So frustrating when I'd spent all morning cleaning my house and putting together a morning tea. Hard to be angry when she's the one doing the hard yards with chemo, but I'm pretty sure this is an appt she would've known about at least a few days in advance, right? Oh well, I have a clean house and a free day now, so it's not all bad.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My family of 5 is leaving Friday for a two week road trip. As women/moms, I'm certain you can understand that my to do list is a mile long... To add to that, I took my car in yesterday for maintenance only to find out that I had to take it back in today for $1000 worth of repairs that NEEDED to be done before we can leave on said road trip
Old 07-07-2016, 01:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We decided to move and it's been super rushed ever since. We're currently painting everything to get it ready for carpet replacement and then we'll list. Add packing boxes and the rest of mommyhood and I'm dying. DH started a new job so he's anxious. And we started having car problems too! Dang cars. But things should lessen in a few weeks, right? Famous last words :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2016, 02:32 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh. I hate it when I think I'm going to have some free time and it gets jacked up. I feel your wasted day of driving around, LeeAndra.

And Jill, that is the worst to have to spend an unexpected thousand dollars right before a trip! Plus the inconvenience of having a zillion things to do and no car to do them in. At least you got it all fixed and didn't have car trouble on the road.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post

And Jill, that is the worst to have to spend an unexpected thousand dollars right before a trip! Plus the inconvenience of having a zillion things to do and no car to do them in. At least you got it all fixed and didn't have car trouble on the road.
Right!! This is where I say I'm thankful I have the money and that we found out about it now... which is true! But, I'm still not thrilled
Old 07-07-2016, 01:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I hate wasting time like that! Sorry you're all dealing with it right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by farrijc View Post
My family of 5 is leaving Friday for a two week road trip. As women/moms, I'm certain you can understand that my to do list is a mile long... To add to that, I took my car in yesterday for maintenance only to find out that I had to take it back in today for $1000 worth of repairs that NEEDED to be done before we can leave on said road trip
That's exactly what happened to us before we drove to Disney! But we told ourselves that even figuring in the cost of the repairs, we came out way ahead of what we'd have spent buying 5 plane tickets. Plus the repairs would have had to be done anyway, we just wouldn't have known about them for another month or two. (And just to make things really interesting, we found out 2 weeks before the trip that we needed a new roof ASAP, and both the fridge and dishwasher broke. February through April were expensive months around here!)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk