Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-31-2022, 12:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Blockbuster season

For some people, it was a big release weekend with the new Obi Wan series and a new season of Stranger Things streaming. The Top Gun sequel finally was released in the US and Dr Strange seems to be going strong still at the box office. This summer seems to be loaded with movie releases again. Keeping this thread **NO SPOILERS** what have you been binging, watching at the movies or looking forward to coming out this summer??
Old 05-31-2022, 01:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm loving Obi Wan so far, trying to find time to watch Stranger Things, and enjoyed Dr Strange this past weekend. I'm looking forward to the the new Minions movie - Rise of Gru, Thor: Love and Thunder, Jurassic World and Lightyear so far.
Old 05-31-2022, 01:36 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

We have already gone to Fantastic Beasts & Dr. Strange and are planning to go to Jurassic World and Thor. So weird that all of the series we love are coming out so close together. As for TV, I am super happy that the newest Stranger Things is coming out and Somebody Feed Phil and 90 Day Fiance. Everything else I am watching is older. My son is pumped about the Obi-Wan show.
Old 05-31-2022, 01:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We just saw Top Gun: Maverick yesterday. It was REALLY good & I just wasn't expecting that for some reason! We'll probably see the new Jurassic Park since we've gone to all the others- but another that I don't have high expectations for... lol. We are SUPER looking forward to the new Avatar movie in December though!
Old 05-31-2022, 02:58 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

We haven't gone to any movies but might see Bobs Burgers on Thursday.

We are also watching Stranger Things (going slow, have only watched 2 episodes) and Obi-Wan.

Besides these I can recommend:
The Time Travelers Wife on HBOMax - I read the book many years ago and loved it. Didn't see the movie. HBO is doing a great job with it as a show.
The Offer on Paramount Plus - based on the filming of The Godfather. Wasn't sure I'd be interested in this but I love it.
Gaslit on Starz - about Watergate and Martha Mitchell. Love it. Julia Roberts and Sean Penn are in it and both should win awards.
Old 05-31-2022, 08:00 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

We'll be going to see Top Gun in the theatre for sure. Hubby's not a big fan of going to the movies, but even he wants to see this one in the theatre.

Other than than, I want to start watching 1883... because, Sam Elliot.

I just started watching The White Queen based on the books by Phillipa Gregory. So far it's pretty good. And I just finished watching the first season of The Gilded Age, which was also pretty good. I do like the historical stuff.

Also, I've started watching Anatomy of a Scandal. I'm only a couple of episodes in, but so far looks interesting.
Old 06-01-2022, 11:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have binged Stranger Things. They watched the last one last night but I went to bed...so I have to catch up.

We watched Obi Wan as well. Hubby and I are watching the new Bosch show on Freeve network and Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix.

We saw Dr. Strange in theaters...would love to see Top Gun too
Old 06-01-2022, 06:16 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I tried finding something on Netflix yesterday, and I started three different shows, only to quit 10 minutes in. I would just like to watch something funny that isn't full of cheap, immature sex jokes.

I love The White Queen series that Nat mentioned because I love historical fiction, but I've avoided the second season of Bridgerton because I know I'll just end up sitting in front of a screen for a week solid if I do.

This is the rub for me: if something is good enough to keep my attention, I don't want to do anything else, and I don't want to invest in anything that doesn't keep my attention, but there is SO MUCH ELSE I need to be doing. I wish I had better self control!
Old 06-01-2022, 08:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
This is the rub for me: if something is good enough to keep my attention, I don't want to do anything else, and I don't want to invest in anything that doesn't keep my attention, but there is SO MUCH ELSE I need to be doing. I wish I had better self control!
Oh I can relate to this!!! I decided to re-watch Downton Abbey in preparation for the latest movie. I ended up watching the entire series plus the first movie in a matter of days. It helped that I wasn't feeling well, so I had an excuse, but still...
Old 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

So far I'm enjoying Obi-wan and we're planing to go watch Top Gun: Maverick on Saturday. Hubby booked tickets in the theater with the biggest screen and best sound... I can't wait!
Old 06-02-2022, 06:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepscrappin View Post
So far I'm enjoying Obi-wan and we're planing to go watch Top Gun: Maverick on Saturday. Hubby booked tickets in the theater with the biggest screen and best sound... I can't wait!
Oh would love to do the same!
Please tell us how you find it, I would love to watch it in theater too but don't know when.
Old 06-03-2022, 02:12 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytails View Post
Oh I can relate to this!!! I decided to re-watch Downton Abbey in preparation for the latest movie. I ended up watching the entire series plus the first movie in a matter of days. It helped that I wasn't feeling well, so I had an excuse, but still...
I'm a HUGE Downton Abbey fan! I hope to catch the new movie at the theater this month. I don't have to rewatch the entire series because I've watched them enough that I know them all. I will have to rewatch the movie from 2019, as I haven't watched it enough.

I want to see Top Gun: Maverick, hopefully at the theater. I also want to see The Lost City with Sandra Bullock. I may see the Jurassic movie, although I know my husband and son will definitely watch it.

I'm not a Star Wars fan, so I won't be watching anything having to do with that series.

My husband and I have watched all the mystery movies on Hallmark, so now we've started watching Midsomer Murders.

I do need to cut down on TV watching so that I can get other things done.

Last edited by lizziej; 06-03-2022 at 02:20 PM.
Old 06-04-2022, 01:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Just finished watching Stranger Things. I went back and rewatched seasons 2 and 3, and then watched 4 so it's been quite a bingefest on that one.

I want to see Obi Wan (but still haven't seen Mandalorian so need to watch that one too). My daughter said Top Gun was good but (not to start a debate) I can't STAND Tom Cruise for various reasons so I won't see that one.

I also feel like I'm sorta over the whole super hero/comic thing so not feeling excited about Dr. Strange. BUT, I do love me some Chris Hemsworth so Thor is on the agenda.

Jurassic Park is a weird genre for me. Almost every movie has been a huge disappointment. I really loved the Jurassic Park book and thought the movie was a really badly acted, smarmy version of what was actually a pretty chilling book. And almost every movie since then has not met the hype (the first two sequels were downright bad). The Chris Pratt ones are an improvement. That said, they are some of the movies that I'll watch any time they are on. I guess I've accepted them for what they are and can enjoy them now on that level. So, I definitely plan to see the new one and plan for it go be a disappointment the first time around.
Old 06-04-2022, 01:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Just finished watching Stranger Things. I went back and rewatched seasons 2 and 3, and then watched 4 so it's been quite a bingefest on that one.

I want to see Obi Wan (but still haven't seen Mandalorian so need to watch that one too). My daughter said Top Gun was good but (not to start a debate) I can't STAND Tom Cruise for various reasons so I won't see that one.

I also feel like I'm sorta over the whole super hero/comic thing so not feeling excited about Dr. Strange. BUT, I do love me some Chris Hemsworth so Thor is on the agenda.

Jurassic Park is a weird genre for me. Almost every movie has been a huge disappointment. I really loved the Jurassic Park book and thought the movie was a really badly acted, smarmy version of what was actually a pretty chilling book. And almost every movie since then has not met the hype (the first two sequels were downright bad). The Chris Pratt ones are an improvement. That said, they are some of the movies that I'll watch any time they are on. I guess I've accepted them for what they are and can enjoy them now on that level. So, I definitely plan to see the new one and plan for it to be a disappointment the first time around.
Old 06-06-2022, 11:28 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We went to see Top Gun: Maverick at the theater last week. Our Armed Services YMCA provided free tickets, popcorn, drink, candy, a photo booth & aviator sunglasses for military families. It was a fun night & a great movie!

We took our kids to see Sonic a few weeks ago, that was the first time I'd been to the movie theater in a long time!