Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Do you ever feel like you chose the wrong name?

Ever since we had lucas I have had this voice in the back of my mind that maybe we made a mistake with his name.. I think partly its because when we were in the hospital the one nurse said lucas had been the most popular name that year all because of that lucas guy winning the rockstar show.. that made me sooo bummed because I didn't even think about it being a popular name and yea sorta just put a bad taste in my mouth - that lucas sorta scares me in that show. lol. I didn't feel like we could/should change it though since we had been calling him lucas ever since we found out he was a boy.

So have any of you had doubts that you chose the wrong name?
Old 05-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

After seeing Sadie for the first time (just after she was born), I wasn't sure that she was a "Sadie" at all. But within a day or so, she definitely was!

My Blog -- Three 4 Me

Proudly creating for Zoe Pearn
Old 05-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My son is actually named Luc, and I wish we would have named him Lucas!

Everyone asks if it's short for Lucas, but really, it's just the French spelling of Luke, but not everyone gets that. I think it would make more sense to people if that really was his name!
Old 05-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

I don't regret using a Jr. name, but I sorta regret calling L.J. by initials. I feel like he still at almost 4 doesn't realize his real name is Jason. He can tell you his full name, but when asked his first it is L.J.

I have a feeling this is going to be a problem in school.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I really like the name Lucas - popular or not.

Ethan was our "boy" name right from the time I was first pregnant with Sydney. 4 years later, we got an Ethan!

I have never doubted the names that we chose for our children, but I did with their middle names. Each of our kids have 2 middle names and I really, really don't care for it. It's too much of a mouthful! That's my only regret, but their names are definitely suited for them!!
Old 05-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

When Julian was a bit younger I often wondered if I chose the right name and even occasionally tinkered with the idea of having it legally changed. I have always LOVED the name Julian. Always. For some reason the name just didn't seem to fit him. I just couldn't bring myself to change it though. It seemed wrong b/c we'd been calling him that since he was born. I'm not sure if he's grown into the name or that name has grown on him but I'm much more pleased with it now (though I must admit I do still have a flicker of doubt here and there.)

::Tabatha::
proud mom to Gabriel {11}, Tristan {10} Julian {6}, Sophie {3}, Lucius {1} & Ezekiel {5.28.14}
Forever Missing Katriel Star (17 weeks) and Sebastian Judah (14 weeks)
Old 05-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

On occasion I wonder if I picked the right name for Devin. At this point, it's simply too late to change it, so he goes by nicknames most of the time. (D, Debug, Deep)

Tracy, I worried about the initial thing with JP, but he's figured out that his name is actually James. I think I use both names equally though, so that definitely helped! JP really "got" that his name is James when he started learning to write his name. Even though he goes by JP at school, he had to learn to write out his full name.

Oh, and Andrew didn't know his first name was Dieter until he was 13. Nobody ever called him Dieter, and his parents let teachers and such know in advance the he was "Andy." These days, he goes by Dieter at work and Andrew with friends/family.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

When Hannah was born, she did NOT look like a Hannah. But, since her dad let me name DS, it was his turn and he loved the name Hannah. To me, she was a Sarah. But, Hannah stayed and now she wants to legally change her name to Claire. LOL
Old 05-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnieBananie

Yes and No... Faith is named Faith because XH was a jerk and I just wanted him to shut up about the baby names so I went along with it. So I used to feel a bit bitter about it but not anymore.

Dominick is a tough one too... people just can't seem to grasp that it's not spelled ALL that whacky... just an added K. His grandparents keep spelling it "Domonick"... so yeah... that's a pain but oh well. Oh and we get asked all the time if DH is Italian... nope... just liked the name. lol
Old 05-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I sometimes regret naming Veronica "Veronica" instead of Isabella. Isabella is her middle name now. I wasn't sure until the end which one was going to be her first name. So she ended up being Veronica Isabella. Sometimes I kick myself using Isabella as a middle name even because I could've used it on my third girl. I thought for sure my third would be a boy though so I didn't think I'll need it
I love the name Lucas though, I don't think it's that popular.

Creating for Kristin Cronin-Barrow,Kay Miller, Shabby Miss Jehn, Kitty Design, K Studio, Ju Kneipp, Kaye Winiecki.

Seaside by Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 05-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wish we had chosen a different name for Kayla. She is 10 now and I have always felt that way. I wanted Kimberly. But DH didn't really like it and wanted a "cool" name.Needless to say her name was like top 5 that year!!! ugh, there are soo many Kayla's!! But it is too late. I got over it.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This is my biggest fear and why Peanut does not yet have a final mutually agreed upon name!
Old 05-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kresta View Post
After seeing Sadie for the first time (just after she was born), I wasn't sure that she was a "Sadie" at all. But within a day or so, she definitely was!
That's exactly how it was with my Sadie! We never called her Sadie in the womb so it has taken longer for her to feel like Sadie to me--but she couldn't be anyone else now!
Old 05-07-2009, 02:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Our son's name is Gunner Anthony, which I think sounds ok together...
I'm not in love with what his initials spell, though- GAL! His dad picked his name by the way! Before he settled on that, I pointed it out to him that his initials spell GAL, but he wouldn't budge on the name choice- he "liked" the name Gunner (because it's "manly" probably!) and wanted Anthony because it's his late brother's name. My son was born 9 weeks early & really fit the name Gunner anyways, because it means, "little fighter" or "little warrior" so I don't have any complaints about it now!

Luckily for this next kid, the name is my choice! lol!

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 05-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Not really my kids names...although I kinda would like to change my middle name sometimes. While I think my middle name is pretty it doesnt exactly work with my married name. I got married and it changed to Jessica Lenore Knorr. So when I am asked for my full name people actually ask me things like "are you serious?" or "You're kidding right?" No that is my name. I honestly think it is kinda rude of them but whatever it is what it is LOL

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 05-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can relate to how you're feeling! I'm due in about 30 days now and this has been on my mind so much. We don't know what we're having actually, so it's a bit of a relief... we'll be able to look at the baby and say "Hey, you! What's your name." LOL!

Old 05-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Nope, our boys were named inutero since we found out we were having twin boys. "Baby A" was always Logan Connor and "Baby B" was always Aiden Alexander and their names fit perfectly. I couldn't imagine them being named the opposite!
Old 05-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

I LOVE the name Lucas. It was one of the names we had picked out for a boy!

My girls, Emma and Madelyn, definitely fit their names but I've often wondered if Madelyn will ever realize that that's her name. We have a bad habit of calling her Mads, Punk, Punki, or Punkarella. Madelyn is such a big name for a such a little girl at this stage of the game.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to iJenny

I've never had any doubts about my boys' names.

But I do want to tell you that I love the name Lucas. I love both Lucas and the shorter version of Luke. Very strong, solid name.

creating for
* 9th & Bloom * Jennifer Barrette Designs * Polly & Rufus Designs *

Old 05-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

not really. Chloe's name i had picked out since i was young, lol. i knew someday if i ever had a daughter she would be Chloe. we were originally going to name all the kids 'C' names, but i just sort of changed my mind halfway through my pregnancy with Emma. she was going to be Cadie Renae and then i wanted Caden for Aidan, lol. but i just decided i didnt want our whole family to have c names. and Chad didnt like Caden. but he liked Aidan? they're almost the same, lol. but i have no regrets. i get a lot of compliments on my kids names, especially Emma. her middle name is Rose. it sounds so old fashioned and pretty. Chloe's middle name is Marie and Aidan has Chad's middle, Everett.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

I have an Emma Rose too

Old 05-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyfish View Post
I don't regret using a Jr. name, but I sorta regret calling L.J. by initials. I feel like he still at almost 4 doesn't realize his real name is Jason. He can tell you his full name, but when asked his first it is L.J.

I have a feeling this is going to be a problem in school.
Us too. I do sometimes call him Joey and he went through a 2 week period where he insisted his name was Joe, but for the most part if someone calls him Joey or Joseph he gets VERY upset and says NO my name is JJ.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscwgirl View Post
Us too. I do sometimes call him Joey and he went through a 2 week period where he insisted his name was Joe, but for the most part if someone calls him Joey or Joseph he gets VERY upset and says NO my name is JJ.
at least he chooses Joe...Cam's decided her name is Rock! (ROCK?? WTH)

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 05-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When I was preggers with Evelyn, I had my doubts. I actually journaled about it - it's in the gallery here. But seeing her as Evelyn and just how she is - nothing else would fit and I know that, but sometimes I wonder. What if we named her Fiona or Josephine? For some reason I just do think these thoughts.

Jillian is all Jillian and nothing else. She'd be nothing by my Jilly, JMay or JJ. Nothing else is her.

Maybe it stems from the thoughts that we just KNEW what we would name DD#1 and we had a boys name that we loved, but coming up with another girls' name that we both liked was super hard. Like how can we name another daughter? We named the first one the name that we LOVED.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Nope....I can't imagine my kids with any other name!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 05-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

i cant imagine dd any other name... we had several girl names picked out for her (ava, aliva, amelia- i liked the a names lol) but we only had 1 boy name picked out (hayden) when we found out it was going to be a girl i could not imagine naming her ava, alivia, or amelia. so we named her hayden. hayden louise. i didnt want to do family names either because i felt like if we did one we would have to do all of our childrens with family names to avoid harsh feelings from our fam members. lol. i think the only thing that bothers me about naming hayden a "boy/girl" name is when i call like the doctor to make an appointment for her they always say okay how old is your son?

Mommy to two baby girls

Hayden Louise - 3.14.08
and
Leah Noelle -10.27.10
Old 05-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't have those thoughts now, but I definitely did for the first couple of weeks after our son was born. We finally decided on Callan at lunch on the day he was born. We'd spent months kicking around 2 or 3 other "c" names for him and we just couldn't make a decision. I was 2 weeks past my due date and I finally told dh that we HAD to make a decision because he obviously wasn't coming out until he had a name. LOL But since Callan is such a unique name, I had to answer a million questions about it the first few weeks and it really made me second-guess our decision. Now I love it and wouldn't change it for the world.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We don't tell names until our babies are born - but typically we do decide on the name during the pregnancy. With boy #4 my DH and I were deadlocked. I went to the hospital without really knowing which I'd choose (DH agreed in the end I'd get final say since we were unable to agree on a name). I should never have done that because with all those hormones flowing at birth OF COURSE I chose DH's pick instead of my own....*sigh*. I regretted it for a few months but over time it has faded and I'm ok with it now. I think you'll feel better down the road.

BTW my son's name is Samuel David (Dh's choice) and we call him Sam. I regret it highly because Sam is such a popular name and we try to avoid that. My choice for name had been George. I know that probably gives a lot of people pause but I think it would be the sweetest little boy name and I really wish I had gone with my own choice and used it.

Again though - this does not bother me much anymore.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:11 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

I have some lingering issues about naming my oldest Jacob. It is SUCH a popular name that he has always had to go by Jacob B. On his high school football team, there are 5-6 Jacobs. So nobody goes by Jacob. His football name is Grizz. LOL If I was forced to go back in time, I would not pick it again... however it really does suit him now and I can't truly imagine him being called anything else. He went through a stage around 4th-5th grade that he always pretended to be named Jason, but now at age 17 he loves his name. That's all you can really hope for.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

Ever since I was a little girl, I wanted an Alicia.

When I was prego with Benjamin, he was going to be Alicia if he were a girl. After that, we had two girls, but for some reason, I never named either of them Alicia! I love their names, but I regret not using the name I loved most of all.

ETA my girls are Amelia and Rachael.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I named my son after he was born. I wanted to wait until we saw him to pick his name and it worked out perfectly. I knew his name after I saw him and held him, so how could I have any regrets about it. His name is Nicholas Jonah.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Picking the name for your children has to be one of the hardest things a person has to do in life! We named our son Jacob because i LOVED the nickname Jake... however, anytime we go anywhere, you can hear "JAKE!!" being screamed from about 10 different directions!
Old 05-07-2009, 07:51 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

We didn't have any issues with our first son's name (Samuel Andrew... he goes by Sam.) It doesn't seem to be a very popular name where we are (or at least in our circles) so we're happy with it. We chose it for it's Biblical meaning.

We were pretty sure we would be matched with a girl for our second adoption, so we'd settled on Eliza Victoria for her. We didn't focus much on boy's names. We'd said a boy would be Henry George, but didn't have a ton of discussion about it. When we saw his face at the point we were matched, we both said at the same time that he wasn't a Henry. We ended up deciding on Maxwell Owen (we call him Max.) It took me WEEKS to stop calling him Henry, but now we get almost daily comments that he's "such a Max." So I'm happy. :-D

My Blog: Life as MommyMo

Proud to create for:
The Daily Digi, 9th and Bloom, Jenn Barrette, Leora Sanford, Fizzy Pop Designs, Tracie Stroud, PixelQueens, Wendyzine and Kelley Mickus
Old 05-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

i have a lukas too kristin. i actually wish i would've just named him luke. and maddie...she's def a maddie but it's soooo common now. not with 10+ aged girls, more like the 3-5 aged girls right now. still, i don't like that there are so many maddie's now. mason i'm pretty good with. again, it's kinda popular and that annoys me. i wanted to name mason- bryant. i really love that name still. i'm happy with my choices, but not perfectly content.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm really happy with my son's name Benjamin Daniel and we call him Jamin.

My daughter's name is Mya Charisse and if I could go back, I'd pick another middle name. Mya suits her perfectly. I picked Charisse because it sounded so graceful and classic, but my daughter is such a spunky little spitfire I don't think Charisse really suits her. Still at least it is her middle name.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

just wanted to add the only name of my three kids that I would change if I could is my youngest. His name is Nickolas and while I always love the name Nickolas I liked Nathaniel even more. His name kinda fits him now only because it is all Ive ever known him by but I think Nate or Nathan would work for him too. His middle name is Tyler which I call him that probably just as much as I call him Nick/Nicky/Nickolas...kinda confusing for him when he was little and he went through a stage where he would tell me his name isnt Tyler it Nick or Nickolas

Old 05-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Well, I still wish I had named Ezra, Asher at times. I soooo wanted to, and I think the name would suit him. All of mine really suit their names though I guess so it's no biggie, lol
Old 05-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

They gave me percocet (spelling?) after my c-section with my fourth child. They finally figured out I was allergic to the other meds. SO...I was so high, I could not remember what it was that I wanted to name him. My dh really wanted Eric because he is Rick, and his mom always regretted not naming him Eric. I wanted Aiden, but like I said, I could NOT remember. So dh named him (he didn't like Aiden much anyway). Now, I'm glad he's an Eric, but I was really bummed that I wasn't going to have an Aiden.

My son has decided that his first born son will be Aiden.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I do regret my middle daughter's name slightly. She is Mykiah (it's a Mariah/Makayla hybrid, pronounced Muh-ki(long i)-uh). She struggles with it because people find it difficult to pronounce just looking at it. She gets called Micah a lot. We've shortened it to Kiah and that's what most of her friends call her. In retrospect, I wish I'd just named her Kiah.

Then again, her middle name is Kristene, and that's after my mom, and Kiah Kristene doesn't sound nearly as good.

She was the only one of my 3 where we didn't know the sex before she was born, and therefore we didn't call her by name before she was born. I wonder, as well, if that has something to do with it.

My youngest is Chesney, and we had her name picked out before we were even pregnant. We were sitting waiting for a train and a Kenny Chesney song came on the radio and my husband said, "I like the name Chesney for a girl." I had always loved the name Chelsey, so Chesney was perfect. We planned to give her a family middle name (after dh's grandma) but at the last minute, we switched to naming her McKenna, which was a name I also love. Of course, I had to go all funky with the spelling and she's Chesney Mykenna. When she was about a week old, one of my friends told another friend that I loved Kenny Chesney so much that I named my daughter Chesney Mykenna. I totally didn't even notice how close her name was to being a reverse of his. May not have done that, but I do love her name and it fits her so well.

My son is Brady Daniel. Brady because I wanted Grady and my husband hated that, so we compromised. Daniel after my dh. It fits. He's the kind of kid who can definitely shrug off the "Brady Bunch" taunts, too.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:05 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Isn't this the hardest part??? We liked more non traditional type names. My first dd is Anastasia Marie (said with an ahhhh). She goes by Ana (yes she has to correct everyone..it's AHHHna.. not Ana). I can't stand the teachers who still after having her for a full year still say her name wrong....

dd#2 is Karina Noreen
dd#3 (in heaven) is Elaina Nadeen

I realized I had an "a" at the end of all my girls names. opps!

if we had a boy his name would have been Nicholas or Alexander (with Dean as a middle name).

One of my brothers goes by his middle name. He was named Patrick David, but goes by David or Dave. He changed when he was about 8 or 9 I think I was little, so he's always been Dave to me.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

My neices name was Anastasia Heather and my other niece's name is Alicia Marie :-) Love your little girls' names!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabranka View Post
Isn't this the hardest part??? We liked more non traditional type names. My first dd is Anastasia Marie (said with an ahhhh). She goes by Ana (yes she has to correct everyone..it's AHHHna.. not Ana). I can't stand the teachers who still after having her for a full year still say her name wrong....

Old 05-07-2009, 11:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can't picture any of mine with a different name. Although I wish people would learn to spell Xander's and Quinten's names properly - including my own family. My mother still spells Xander as Zander. It's not short for Alexander either, just Xander. And Quinten, well, even Des mispells it, he wanted it spelt Quentin. But to me, they sound different. In versus En.
Cody goes by his name, Codfish, and Cloneboy.
Jenna goes by her name, JT (for Jenna Teraleigh), Tortellini, and Princess
Xander goes by his name, Xan, and Salamander Joe (don't ask)
and Quinten goes by his name, Quin, Quinny, and Quinafinn
Old 05-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperboutique View Post

I have never doubted the names that we chose for our children, but I did with their middle names. /
That!

I've never been in love with our kids' middle names. My husband picked them out. I hadn't picked anything for Aidan. She is Aidan Rebecca. For Ian, I wanted Tobiah, and the hubs wanted Joshua. Joshua won. I still want a Tobiah. I think it's the coolest name.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Voodoo_Bryn

Well, my oldest is Yorick Ellis, after a comic book hero (Yorick Brown from Y: The Last Man by Lost writer, Brian K. Vaughan) and an author/comic book writer we both loved (Warren Ellis). The day after we found out I was pregnant, I broached the subject of names, and my dbf immediately said, "Oh, it's going to be a boy, and he's going to named Yorick." I didn't even get much say! We tinkered around with the middle name for awhile, before finally settling on Ellis.

Here's the thing I regret, I told my dying grandfather that I would name my son after him... and I didn't!! There are so many Williams running around, that I just couldn't do it. And I couldn't bear him to be called Bill or Billy or Will or Willie!! So... massive FAIL on keeping deathbed promises on my part and I feel like crud about it a lot, but he is SUCH a Yorick! (It's also the name of the "skull" that Hamlet talks to... his father's court fool)

For my second, dbf let me name him... I had wanted a Finn for a really long time, my grandfather coming from Finland, but I couldn't really sell him on just Finn. His mother was really into genealogy and she had told me a few times that they were related to a suspected pirate by the name of Phineas Pearl. My dbf and I are very very into steampunk (look it up on wikipedia) and decided Phineas was a very steampunk name, so he was named Phineas Morgan. Morgan for another author that dbf adores named Richard Morgan, and it has a piratey sound to it.

If we have a girl, she'll be named Hero.

Last edited by Voodoo_Bryn; 05-08-2009 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well our oldest, Scott Anthony, was to be named "Anthony Sean" ... had that name picked out way back in high school...liked the kid's name but not the kid that had it. lol Well when I got pregnant about 12 years later...it was going to be Anthony Sean...but dh INSISTED upon INSISTING it start with the letter "S" because both of our names started with S. (Which is stupid because everyone, including his mom, always got her tongue twisted with Joan, Joyce, Janet, and Julie). So I agreed to "Sean Anthony".

Well he was born (notice I said in the first line...his name was Scott?)...we both looked at our brand new son and said "He doesn't LOOK like a Sean!" Well my poor baby went for 5 days with the name "baby boy"...fil called me up and said NAME MY GRANDSON! Well his stupid son (my dh) had it stuck in his head it had to be an "S" name...most of the male names starting with S sounded bad with our last name (aka Saw Mill was what one sounded like). Finally sister made a trip to the house and picked up the baby stuff...and in there was a "name suggestion" that was at my shower that I had never even looked at because we already had him named....

Inside was the name "Scott"...I had only ever known ONE Scott in my life and thought "cool...there won't be a bunch of those running around"...so he was named Scott.

Kindergarten had THREE (yes 3) Scott's in the class! lol

Actually his name still suits him...20 years later.

My others...are not named with an S...MY INSISTENCE upon complications on the 2nd birth...and their names suit them. My 2nd son was named Anthony as a first name...so I got my "baby Tony".

Maybe he just needs to grow into his name. Maybe you should try a nickname...or using the middle name?
Old 05-08-2009, 12:42 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I have never been in doubt about her first name (Ivy), but had reservations about her middle name (Dawn). Dawn was my DH's grandmother and I just was questioning whether we used the name because we felt some sort of obligation to do so. However, Dawn ended up passing away unexpectedly and now I am just so glad we decided to use her name as Ivy's middle name. Now it all just seems right.

-Diana

Creative for Tracie Stroud, Lauren Grier, and Shawna Clingerman
Old 05-08-2009, 12:59 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Sometimes I wish that we would have just left Cooper's name at Cooper Wiley. Wiley was my dad's middle name, but at the last minute I thought it would be nice to name Cooper after Sean and his dad also, Sean's middle name is Douglas and his dad's first name is Douglas. So we went with Cooper Douglas Wiley, it's a mouth full and Wiley gets left out sometimes.

I'd always wanted the middle name Wiley for a boy, so I feel like my dad got cheated sometimes, but Cooper's name does flow well even if it is a mouth full and he won't use his middle names that often anyway.

Even if Keira had been a boy, she would have been Logan Wiley. Anyhow, can't change the past, and Cooper's name fits him.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:51 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

It took me 4 days to fill out Hillary's birth certificate...we had a few people visit and upon learning her name, ask us if we named her after Hillary Clinton. Nothing against Hillary Clinton, but no, we did not name her after anyone...

Old 05-08-2009, 08:27 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I felt that way for a few months after my youngest was born. My husband refused to participate in the naming so I named her in the hospital without even consulting him (he knew what I wanted to name her but just wouldn't help me decide or even discuss it). I named her Nora Glenn. Nora after my mom's older sister and Glenn after my mom, Glenna, who died in 2000.
But for months afterwards everyone kept messing up her name and calling her Brenna (my middle daughter's name) or just called her "the baby." I thought maybe I made a mistake because my husband couldn't get used to Nora and even I kept screwing it up.
But when she was 4 months old it just clicked. The issue was that both girls have an "a" at the end of their name and it was screwing us up. But once we got used to it we all realized Nora fit her. I love her name now and knowing my aunt was brought to tears when she heard what I named her was enough to seal the deal.
My dad thinks she is exactly like my mom and my aunt. It's the perfect name for her.
my blog ~ my Flickr