Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Biggest Loser chatter???

I was rooting for Mike but was kind of hoping Tara would win too! I can't shun my elders so my hats off to Helen to kicking some youngster butts and coming out on top...and WAY TO GO Jerry. Love that 2 of the older contestants came out on top.

Disappointments were Joelle, David and Aubrey. They all didn't really stick with the weight loss.

Dan looked great, I hope he continues to lose to get healthy.

3 hours was a little much for the finale though!
Old 05-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

yeah, way too long!!! Well, I wanted Tara to win. I think she deserved it the most. Mike also deserved it I guess, but Ron really bugged me. He was manipulative and deceiving. He LIED to people and yet accused others of lying. But anyway, he bugged me so much that I didn't want Mike to win. They were getting too sure of themselves. Props to Helen but I didn't want her to win--she just wasn't my favorite. And me and hubby think she looks a little older now--like she lost a little too much. She did look nice and thin though!

I was so happy Jerry won and wow, he did amazing! He has energy and he's so happy... and since it was him, everyone was so happy for him. It wouldn't have been quite that way if it was another contestant.

And yeah Joelle and David were dumb on the show to start with. David never seemed to care and obviously doesn't. Aubrey--I definitely understand her struggles with so many kids and I feel for her. And Dan, I was surprised and impressed. I hope it keeps up. He has such a little boy face.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah8914 View Post
Props to Helen but I didn't want her to win--she just wasn't my favorite. And me and hubby think she looks a little older now--like she lost a little too much.
I think she lost a little too much weight too, her face is so sunken in. And her daughter really didn't lose anything either. Hopefully Helen can get her daughter in shape!
Old 05-13-2009, 11:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We are Soooooooooooooo behind in episodes! I think we have 3 including last nights to watch, but I had to chime in and say - 3 HOURS?!?!?!? 3 HOURS?!?!? OMG.

Personally, I think 2 hours is a bit too long and could be edited down to a half an hour.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Voodoo_Bryn

I was mad that Helen even stayed and let Shanon go home. What kind of mother does that???

Mike looks so CUTE now that he lost the weight, but I agree... brown teams manipulating ways just left a bad taste in my mouth on them all together.

I wanted Tara to win, but it was obvious from the moment Tara stepped on stage that Helen was going to win it.
And... wtf was up with Kristin's hair?
Old 05-13-2009, 12:05 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I was shocked at how Helen looked... she definitely was thin, but TOO thin in my opinion. She didn't look healthy! And I agree... I am still mad at her for staying and sending her daughter home. She obviously thought she was hot stuff, but her daughter is still overweight and unhealthy.

I was the most impressed with Jerry, though, because he did it ALL on his own. What a great testament to just making a choice to change your life.

robin
Old 05-13-2009, 02:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Out of the 3 that were left, I wanted Mike to win. I didn't like how Helen stayed and let her daughter go home. I didn't like Tara from the beginning. I wish Kristin would have been able to stay and win the whole thing.

I agree with the 3 hours being too long. Im so happy Jerry won the at home prize. He really deserved it, but I do think he lost too much weight.

~~Siggie by Laura (emmasmommy)~~
Old 05-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I wanted either Tara or Mike to win, even though I dispise Ron. I agree that he was lying and decieving EVERYONE. UGH. Just ridiculus. But oh well Ron wasnt in the finals and that made me SO happy. When Mike stepped out on the stage for the first time I had the biggest goosebumps!!! He looked SOOO good!!! SO skinny, but not crazy nasty skinny like I thought Helen looked. I was ticked that she sent Shannon home instead of herself. I could not believe it!!! You could obviously tell that Shannon did not want to go home, but she didn't want to make her mom upset by having her mom leave. UGH! And as for Joelle, David, and Aburey I never really cared for them myself. Joelle was just WAY too much from the beginning, David never did seem to be into the whole weight loss "scene" and then Aubrey just ticked me off with her kniving ways lol. I was glad when she went home. I would have loved to see Sione or Kristen in the finale also, I loved both of them. Filipe too! They all were very inspiring for me. And Jerry!!! Giving EVERYONE a run for their money! If he can do it at 63(64 now lol) then ANYONE can do it. AT HOME! Can you tell I was obsessed this season!??!?

Mommy to two baby girls

Hayden Louise - 3.14.08
and
Leah Noelle -10.27.10
Old 05-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh I totally agree with all of you about Helen staying and sending her daughter home.

And I agree with you Tina, I would have loved to seen Kristin, Sione and/or Filipe in the finale!
Old 05-13-2009, 05:02 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

After a looonng 3 hours I very disappointed to see Helen win. What kind of mother would basically choose her own happiness over her daughters?? I wish Kristen could have been in the finals instead of Helen. She was my favorite

I would have really liked to see Mike win. He seems like a really genuine person (I cried so hard when he admitted him anger toward Ron for letting his kids follow in his footsteps, and I love how concerned he is for his brother)

I never liked Tara for some reason, but I would have rather she had won than Helen.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought Helen looked way too thin.

Once she starts eating again, she'll probably go up to a healthy weight of 130.