Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Sweet Shoppe Challenges > Challenge Archives

Old 12-31-2012, 01:35 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm
Default January 2013: Scrapper's Portfolio & Tracker

Hey Hey Sweet Shoppe Scrap Fanatics!

An all-new year is here, and I am thrilled to be introducing you to our newly improved and amazing challenge system here at SSD! Before you get started, it may be helpful to read about the changes we've implemented in our 2013 Portfolio Guide!

To participate in this month's challenges you can visit our January 2013 challenge pinboard at pinterest to check out the incredible inspiration posted by our challenge team for you to create a portfolio from this month OR you can download our mouthwateringly delicious January 2013 Challenge Idea Book!

As promised, it's a .pdf of layouts from our amazing staffers which will showcase each challenge one at a time so you get ideas on how to turn some of our wacky ideas into actual pages which showcase the memories and photos you love!

Now instead of reading a challenge and wondering how to make it work, you'll have some amazing inspiration for each and every pin right at your fingertips. Best of all, if Pinterest isn't for you, each pin, challenge and point value is included right there in the idea book, so you can download and start scrapping and earning points right away!

As we've done in the past, you'll be using this thread to claim a spot to track your own progress and points. Each challenge will have not only visual inspiration for you, but also a verbal prompt and a point value too. Simply complete a layout for the challenge and post it in your tracker thread as always to earn your points!

For January, all layouts and points need to be posted by 11:59pm EST at the end of the day on February 1st. If you're joining us for the first time this month, you can have a look at the amazing portfolio tracker threads from previous months to see how it's done, but here are the basics...

1) Post to claim your tracker spot for the month.
2) When you finish a layout for a challenge, upload it to the gallery and right click to get the image information for your layout.
3) Return to the tracker spot you claimed in this thread, and click edit to add the image of your layout to your portfolio. You'll want to add your layout in order of the numbers shown above each challenge at Pinterest and include that number and the points earned above your image.
4) At the very end of your portfolio, please keep a running tally of the total points earned to date.

PLEASE NOTE: Portfolio points may NOT be carried over into the following month as each month begins anew with a fresh set of inspiring challenges! Additionally, you may NOT use the same layout for more than one numbered task - each task requires a new layout. For more information, visit the Portfolio FAQ.

Please don't post chatter or comments in this thread as we'd like to keep it clean and easy to check at the end of the month. If you want to give praise to your favorite prompts or layouts, feel free to chatter as much as you like in our General Info & Chatter Forum. Thanks!!

Happiest New Year to each of you. Let's make 2013 a memorable year!

Robin

Last edited by Robin Carlton; 03-31-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My spot
Old 12-31-2012, 11:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Love the changes! I can't wait to start filling up this post.

12 Concentrate most of the color in the center of the LO 2 pts

16-Join in on Fist Pump Friday-what are you celebrating this month? 2 pts
(Because of something we're going through with DS2 right now, I'm celebrating his efforts and accomplishments.)

17-Create a multicolored title with a mix of fonts/alphas 2 pts + 1 NR pt (365 Unscripted-4x6 Collage Cards by Traci Reed, released 1/19)

23-Use a pocket or two. 2 pts + 1 NR point (Melissa's This Year, released 1/5)

29 All journaling must be in the blank space on a photo 2 pts

30 Theme or title based on the Rules of the House poster 2 pts each, up to 10 pts [7 pts-see below]

a. Rule: Love One Another 2 pts + 1 NR pt (Cindy's Everyday Layered Wordstrips Bundle, released 1/12)

b. Rule: Be Happy 2 pts

c. Rule: Work Hard, but Play Harder 2 pts

32. Document a journey, 2 pts

Total pts: 21
NR pts: 3
Hybrid pts:

Last edited by rach3975; 01-31-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

taking a whack at it this month!

12- Center focus/color focus-

Last edited by Milmomma; 01-21-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:07 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

Last edited by nun69; 01-13-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to haydensmommy217

NR Points: 2
Total Points: 6

5. Be inspired by this fun paper layout and create a layout that features lots of strips of patterned paper. - 2 pts+ 1pt NR (vellum pockets by Mari Koegelenberg)

30 - Use these awesome "Rules of the House" as inspiration for the titles & themes of your next layout(s). - 2 pts per layout up to 10 pts

Be Sweet 2pts+ 1pt (love me do by Jady Day)

Proudly Creating For:
Amanda Yi, Becca Bonneville, Digilicious Designs, Jady Day Studio, Lliella Designs, Meghan Mullens, and Miss Fish.
I have guested for Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Traci Reed, and Krystal Hartley.

♥♥Facebook♥♥Pinterest♥♥Gallery♥♥

Last edited by haydensmommy217; 01-14-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Total: 40

2. Use this inspiring blog post and image to scrap about growth, change, and scars. 3 pts NR Let the Games Begin posted 1/24

4. Use this quote as an inspiration for a page. -2pt

5. Be inspired by this fun paper layout and create a layout that features lots of strips of patterned paper. - 2 pts

9. We've all seen and (done) the fabulous paper strips covering the page technique. This time, use something different (such as ruffles, lace, scallops or ribbons) and create a collage! 3 pts NR DJB Holly Jolly B'Golly posted 1/25

11. Adapt and use a paragraph from this Aboriginal blessing on a layout. - 3 pts NR Let the Games Begin posted 1/24

12. Take inspiration from this art journal piece and concentrate most of the color of a layout right in the center of your page. - [COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]2pts.[/COLOR]

15. Use this photos as a 'recipe' for the elements on your next LO! You can ONLY use elements that are shown here - e.g., buttons, string, paper clip, ribbon, etc. - but you do not have to use them all. 2 pts.

16. Join in on Fist Pump Fridays at Today's Letters blog and include a picture of something you are celebrating this month. 2 pts

19. I love this blog post on how to incorporate clocks into a layout! Use this post as inspiration for your own layout using a clock or two. [COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]2pts.[/COLOR]

22. Throughout all of the documenting I do, I want my kids to know who I truly am. Use an I prompt to document something about you! 3 pts NR DJB Holly Jolly B'Golly posted 1/24

23. Peeking from a pocket... use a pocket or more on your next layout! 2 pts

27. White on white! You can add as many white papers and elements as you'd like, but the only thing that can have color is your photo! 2 pts

26. Make a page using your favorite trend (big photos) and photo from 2012! 2 pts

30. Use these awesome "Rules of the House" as inspiration for the titles & themes of your next layout(s). - 2 pts per layout up to 10 pts
Love One Another 2 pts

Be Sweet 2 pts

Dance in the Rain 2 pts

Work Hard, Play Harder 2 pts

Laugh a Lot 2 pts

Last edited by pewtertm; 01-31-2013 at 06:11 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Me! Me! Me!

5 - Be inspired by this fun paper layout and create a layout that features lots of strips of patterned paper. - 2 points + 1 hybrid point

6 - We love the look of a few different images cut together to make one cohesive image. Use this image as inspiration to do so on your own page. - 2 points

10 - Be inspired by these mosaic pieces and create a mosaic on your own project. - 2 points

13 - Use this DIY Driftwood Photo Display project as a ‘sketch’ for your own LO. - 2 points + 1 hybrid point

14 - Use this infographic as a springboard to a layout that uses at least two color principles shown incorporated into your page. (blue - frozen water and that little bit of red for intensity of focus!) - 2 points

17 - Be inspired by this artwork to create a layout with a multi-colored titled with a mix of fonts/alphas. - 2 points

19 - I love this blog post on how to incorporate clocks into a layout! Use this post as inspiration for your own layout using a clock or two. - 2 points

21 - It’s the start of a new year - what things do you want to accomplish? What is your focus for this new year? We challenge you to illustrate your own personal manifesto for 2013. - 2 points

20 - I love square grid designs in layouts! Take inspiration from this picture to create a layout with not only a grid design, but all of the grids must be the same color palette except for one that is different! - 2 points + 1 hybrid point

22 - Throughout all of the documenting I do, I want my kids to know who I truly am. Use an I prompt to document something about yourself! - 2 points

23 - Peeking from a pocket... use a pocket or two on your next layout! - 2 points + 1 NR point for Mari Koegelenbergs Vellum Pockets

26 - Diagonal composition and repetitive arrows are huge trends in scrapbooking right now. Make a page using your favorite trend and photo from 2012! (Art Journalling & gorgeous picture of the sunset my DH took)- 2 points

28 - Scrapbooking is therapy for me, and when I see this image, my first thought is “let it go”. So, that must be your theme. Create a page which focuses on something you had or have to let go of. - 2 points

31 - This month’s theme on the Sweet Shop¬pe blog is “The Journey” and this layout from Liz is a spectacular example of document¬ing a journey with a layout. We challenge you to do the same in a page about your own journey be it weight loss, pregnancy, self-discovery, etc. - 2 points

TOTAL POINTS: 32

Last edited by kristijoy; 01-29-2013 at 12:11 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My spot.

New releases-4 points
Total points- 40 points

3- Be inspired by the unconventional use of talk bubbles in this layout by Nicole N to create a layout of your own. -2pt

4- Use this quote as an inspiration for a page. -2pt

5. Be inspired by this fun paper layout and create a layout that features lots of strips of patterned paper. - 2 pts

7. January is a time of change and resolutions for new habits. Use this quote and scrap about the changes that you need to make this year. What won't be easy, but will be worth it to you? - opts + 1 NR (This is life- released 1/12, uploaded 1/16)

8. There is nothing cooler than the look of stacks of papers and ephemera in a 3 ring binder. Emulate this look for your page. - 2pts Need More inspiration? Check out these fabulous layouts by Sugarbabe Mary that use this technique: www.sweetshoppeco... and www.sweetshoppeco...

12 - Take inspiration from this art journal piece and concentrate most of the color of a layout right in the center of your page. - 2pts.

16 - Join in on Fist Pump Fridays at Today's Letters blog and include a picture of something you are celebrating this month. Think outside the box - taking down the tree, losing a few pounds, keeping up with your resolutions....whatever is worth celebrating to you. - 2 pts

17 - Be inspired by this artwork to create a LO with a multi-colored titled with a mix of fonts/alphas - 2 pts.

19 - I love this blog post on how to incorporate clocks into a layout! Use this post as inspiration for your own layout using a clock or two. - 2pts.

20 - I love square grid designs in layouts! Take inspiration from this picture to create a layout with not only a grid design, but all of the grids must be the same color palette except for one that is different! - 2 pts.

22. Throughout all of the documenting I do, I want my kids to know who I truly am. Use an I prompt to document something about you! -2 pts. + 1 NR (This Life Notecards, released 1/19, uploaded 1/20)

23-Use a pocket or two. 2 pts

26 - Diagonal composition and repetitive arrows are huge trends in scrapbooking right now. Make a page using your favorite trend and photo from 2012! - 2 its (my trend- big pictures)

27 - White on white! Let's work with a totally white page! You can add as many white papers and elements as you'd like, but the only thing that can have color is your photo! - 2 pts

30 - Use these awesome "Rules of the House" as inspiration for the titles & themes of your next layout(s). - 2 pts per layout up to 10 pts

31 - This month's theme on the Sweet Shoppe blog is "The Journey" and this amazing layout from Liz (aka carriesmom) is a spectacular example of documenting a journey with a layout. We challenge you to do the same by creating a layout which describes some sort of journey whether it be weightloss, pregnancy, self-discovery, etc. - 2 pts. + 1 NR (This is life- released 1/12, uploaded 1/16)

32 - By The Numbers: This year we're focusing on creating a collection of layouts that tell our story in numbers. At the stroke of midnight on January 1st, we rang in a brand new year, so this month we want you to focus on time! What time were your babies born? What time did you get married? What is your favorite time of day? What time do you wake up in the morning? Scrap it and make sure to really put the focus of your page & title on the time! - 2 its + 1 NR (This Life Notecards, released 1/19, uploaded 1/20)

Last edited by marlathrall; 01-25-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

Total: 30 pts

#3: 2pts

#4: 2pts +1 NR pt

#5. Be inspired by this fun paper layout and create a layout that features lots of strips of patterned paper. - 2 pts +1 NR pt

#8 - 2pts

#9. - 2pts

#19 : 2 pts +1 NR pt

#26 - Diagonal composition and repetitive arrows are huge trends in scrapbooking right now. Make a page using your favorite trend and photo from 2012! - 2 pts hexagons and woodgrain

30 - 2 pts per layout up to 10 pts

#31: 2pts +1 NR pt

#32: 2pts

Last edited by hollyxann; 01-31-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:26 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Total Points: 40
Regular Points: 34
New Release Points: 5
Hybrid Points: 1

2 – Scrap about growth, change, or scars (2 pts + 1 NR for What a Man)

3 - Use of talk bubbles (2 pts + 1 NR for Lynette's Goaltastic - One Little Word template released 1/19)

5 - Lots of strips of patterned paper. - 2 points + 1 NR for Libby's Babycakes released 1/5

8 - Use Stacks of paper, ephemera, and a threeing binder (2 pts)

12 - Concentrate most of the color in the center of your page - 2 pts

13 - Use this driftwood photo display as a sketch (2 pts)

14 - Use at least two color principles (green for nature, brown for earth, orange for excitement) on your page (2 pts + 1 NR for Let the Games Begin released 1/19)

15 – Limited to the following but don't have to use all: Used assorted ribbons and trim, flowers, confetti/cutouts, cards (2 pts)

16 - What are you celebrating this month (2 pts + 1 HB)

18 – Document what you or your family are wearing (2 pts)

19 – Incorporate a clock (2 pts)

22 - Use an "I" prompt to document something about yourself. - 2 pts + 1 NR for Libby's Hello I Love You released 1/12

23 - Peeking from a pocket... use a pocket or more on your next layout! - 2 pts.

26 - Use a favorite trend (2 pts)...I used hexagons and messy paint

28 - Create a page which focuses on something you had or have to let go of. - 2 points

29 - Journal in the blank spaces on your photo (2 pts)

31 - Scrap about a journey (2 pts)

Last edited by Lindsay; 01-27-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

8. Layers in a 3ing binder. [2 pts + 1 NR pt (talk nerdy to me by penny)]

9. Layering ribbons & lace. [2 pts + 1 NR pt (overjoyed by ru & kcb)]

12. Focus the color in the center. [2 pts]

13. Use the driftwood photo display as a sketch. [2 pts + 1 NR pt (life 101 by meg & jady day)]

23. Fill a pocket. [2 pts + 1 NR pt (babycakes by libby & erica)]

26. A 2012 trend: doilies and banners. [2 pts + 1 NR pt (shattered by meg & traci)]

29. Journal directly on the photo. [2 pts]

30. Rules of the House. [2 pts]

Blog bonus #1. In with the new... [1 pt + 1 NR pt (the look book by traci) + 1 hybrid pt]

Total points: 24
Total NR points: 5
Total hybrid points: 1

Last edited by SmallMoments; 01-11-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:44 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Mine
Old 12-31-2012, 11:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

my spot
Old 12-31-2012, 11:55 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Grabbing a spot!
Old 12-31-2012, 11:58 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

My spot! Hopefully, I'll get more than one LO done this month.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:26 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

2- Use this inspiring blog post and image to scrap about growth, change, and scars. - 2 primary points and 1 NR point for Meg/Jady Life 101

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ourage&cat=500

4- Use this quote as an inspiration for a page. - 2 primary points

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...fierce&cat=500

5. Be inspired by this fun paper layout and create a layout that features lots of strips of patterned paper. - 2 primary points and 1 NR point for Melissa's This Year

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...apture&cat=500

9. We've all seen and (done) the fabulous paper strips covering the page technique. This time, use something different (such as ruffles, lace, scallops or ribbons) and create a collage! - 2 primary points

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...random&cat=500

20 - I love square grid designs in layouts! Take inspiration from this picture to create a layout with not only a grid design, but all of the grids must be the same color palette except for one that is different! - 2 primary points and 1 NR point for Shawna's Boys At Work

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...t-work&cat=500

Total Points: 13
2/5 NR Points Available

Last edited by kscwgirl; 01-06-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

mine!

Old 01-01-2013, 12:36 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

#3 - 2 pts

#5 - 2 pts + 1 NR = 3 pts
'Little Things' collab by Mari & Nicole released 01.19.13, posted 01.20.13

#9 - 2 pts + 1 NR = 3 pts
'Game' by Ju, LBW, Studio 68, & Paula Kesselring released 01.12.13, posted 01.16.13

#12 - 2 pts

#22 - 2 pts + 1 NR = 3 pts
'When I'm Online' by Studio Basic released 01.05.13, posted 01.12.13

#27 - 2 pts

TOTAL = 15 pts
3/5 NR used

Last edited by LeeAndra; 01-25-2013 at 02:28 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:11 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

Total: 34 pts (5 NR pts)

Yay my first attempt
# 20- 2 pts

#4- 2 pts

#26- 2 pts + 1pt NR (get artsy: my journey- 01/03/13)

Blog Bonus #1- 1 pt

#3- 2pts

#22-2pts

#8- 2pts

#31-2pts+ 1 NR (Through My Lens- both posted 1.12)

#13-2pts + 1 NR (Talk Nerdy To Me-both posted 1.12)

#28-2pts +1 NR (Let Go released 1.11, LO posted 1.12)

#30-2pts

#23-2 pts

#5-2 pts

#1-5 pts

Total: 34 pts (5 NR pts)

Last edited by iffybean; 02-01-2013 at 02:25 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total: 31
Challenge Points: 26
New Release Points: 5

4- Use this quote as an inspiration for a page. -2pt = 1pt NR (Let the Games Begin released and posted 1/19)

8. There is nothing cooler than the look of stacks of papers and ephemera in a 3 ring binder. Emulate this look for your page. - 2pts (I used a spiral notebook instead of a 3 ring binder)

10- Be inspired by this mosaic piece by creating a mosaic on your own project. -2pt

17 - Be inspired by this artwork to create a LO with a multi-colored titled with a mix of fonts/alphas - 2 pts + 1pt NR Paper Clips - Photo Blocks released 1/26 posted 1/28

21. It's the start of a new year - what things do you want to accomplish? What things do you want to not lose site of? What is your focus for this new year? We challenge you to illustrate your own personal manifesto for 2013. - 2 pts

23 - Peeking from a pocket... use a pocket or more on your next layout! -2 pts + 1pt NR (Hello, I love you by Libby released 1/12 posted 1/12)

25. Money money money. Scrap about your relationship with money. Good or bad. -2 pts

26 - Diagonal composition and repetitive arrows are huge trends in scrapbooking right now. Make a page using your favorite trend and photo from 2012! - 2 pts I chose diagonal composition

= 2pts + 1 pt NR (Hello, I love you by Libby released 1/12 posted 1/12) - used 'Be Sweet' as inspiration

2pts + 1 pt NR (Hopelessly Devoted released 1/19 posted 1/19) - used 'Love One Another' as inspiration

2pts Do Your Best is actually on our family rule print, so that inspired me to scrap my son's scouting picture

31 - This month's theme on the Sweet Shoppe blog is "The Journey" and this amazing layout from Liz (aka carriesmom) is a spectacular example of documenting a journey with a layout. We challenge you to do the same by creating a layout which describes some sort of journey whether it be weightloss, pregnancy, self-discovery, etc. - 2 pts (how I got over hating my birthday, LOL)

Last edited by Sherri Tierney; 01-31-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total: 41 pts
New Release Points: 5 pts (included in the total above)

Challenge #2: Use this inspiring blog post and image to scrap about growth, change, and scars. - 2pt + 1 pt NR
NR: Shattered by Traci Reed & Meghan Mullens, released 01/05; LO uploaded 01/04

Challenge #3: Be inspired by the unconventional use of talk bubbles in this layout by Nicole N to create a layout of your own. - 2pt + 1 pt NR
NR: Silly Goose by Traci Reed & Erica Zane, released 01/19; LO uploaded 01/23

Challenge #4: Use this quote as an inspiration for a page. - 2pt

Challenge #5: Be inspired by this fun paper layout and create a layout that features lots of strips of patterned paper. - 2 pts + 1 pt NR
NR: Favorite Moments by Traci Reed, Studio Basic Designs & Ju Kneipp, released 01/26, uploaded 01/25

Challenge #7: January is a time of change and resolutions for new habits. Use this quote and scrap about the changes that you need to make this year. What won't be easy, but will be worth it to you? - 2 pts

Challenge #11: Adapt and use a paragraph from this Aboriginal blessing on a layout. - 2pts.

Challenge #12: Take inspiration from this art journal piece and concentrate most of the color of a layout right in the center of your page. - 2 pts. + 1 pt NR
NR: Get Artsy: Celebrate Me by Jenn Barrette & Traci Reed, released & uploaded 01/26

Challenge #14: Use this infographic as a springboard to a layout that uses at least two color principles shown incorporated into your page. - 2 pts. + 1 pt NR
NR: What a Man by Traci Reed, released 01/05; LO uploaded 01/04
Blue color preferred by most men. Kit's name used here is "What a Man;" white: purity, spacious, empty, innocence - I feel like 2013 is like a wide open space, still innocent yet, that will be filled throughout with my experiences.

Challenge #16: Join in on Fist Pump Fridays at Today's Letters blog and include a picture of something you are celebrating this month. Think outside the box - taking down the tree, losing a few pounds, keeping up with your resolutions....whatever is worth celebrating to you. - 2 pts
I celebrate the existence of Skype!

Challenge #17: Be inspired by this artwork to create a LO with a multi-colored titled with a mix of fonts/alphas - 2 pts.

Challenge #22. Throughout all of the documenting I do, I want my kids to know who I truly am. Use an I prompt to document something about you! - 2 pts.

Challenge #23: Peeking from a pocket... use a pocket or more on your next layout! - 2 pts.
I was still finishing off my DD this month.

Challenge #26: Diagonal composition and repetitive arrows are huge trends in scrapbooking right now. Make a page using your favorite trend and photo from 2012! - 2 pts
Favorite trend: hexagons on pages

Challenge #30: Use these awesome "Rules of the House" as inspiration for the titles & themes of your next layout(s). - 2 pts per layout up to 10 pts

Last edited by suladesign; 01-31-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

my spot.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

mine.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Skype™ to DeepGirl

my spot

Old 01-01-2013, 05:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My spot....
Old 01-01-2013, 05:05 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

My spot...
Old 01-01-2013, 05:57 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

My Spot
Old 01-01-2013, 06:46 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

challenge points: 36 pts
NR points : 5 pts
total : 41 pts

3- Be inspired by the unconventional use of talk bubbles in this layout by Nicole N to create a layout of your own. -2pt + 1 pt NR (released 1/5 posted 1/10)

7. January is a time of change and resolutions for new habits. Use this quote and scrap about the changes that you need to make this year. What won't be easy, but will be worth it to you? - 2pts

11 - Adapt and use a paragraph from this Aboriginal blessing on a layout. - 2pts.

12 - Take inspiration from this art journal piece and concentrate most of the color of a layout right in the center of your page. - 2pts.

14 - Use this infographic as a springboard to a layout that uses at least two color principles shown incorporated into your page. - 2 pts. (orange, brown)

16 - Join in on Fist Pump Fridays at Today's Letters blog and include a picture of something you are celebrating this month. Think outside the box - taking down the tree, losing a few pounds, keeping up with your resolutions....whatever is worth celebrating to you. - 2 pts

18. Take a cue from this 325 Jamie blog post and document what you (or your family) is wearing this month. -2 pts

25. Money money money. Scrap about your relationship with money. Good or bad. -2 pts + 1pt NR (released 1/5 posted 1/10)

26 - Diagonal composition and repetitive arrows are huge trends in scrapbooking right now. Make a page using your favorite trend and photo from 2012! - 2 pts (trend : chevron) + 1 pt NR (released 1/5 posted 1/9)

27 - White on white! Let’s work with a totally white page! You can add as many white papers and elements as you’d like, but the only thing that can have color is your photo! - 2 points + 1pt NR (released 1/5 posted 1/9)

28 - Scrapbooking is therapy for me, and when I see this image, my first thought is "let it go". So, that must be your theme. Create a page which focuses on something you had or have to let go of. - 2 pts

29 - Are you always looking for a creative place to put your journaling on a page? Well, here's my idea: write your journaling IN your photo! You can't write anywhere else on your page, you may only journal in the blank spaces on your photo! - 2 pts +1pt NR (released 1/19 posted 1/25)

dance in the rain

love one another

work hard but play harder

be sweet

Last edited by eve11ne; 01-31-2013 at 04:53 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:49 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Made it.

Total = 20 pts + 5 NR = 25 pts

Challenge # 2 - Growth, Change and Scars (2 pts) + 1 NR (Shattered) = 3 pts

Challenge # 3 - Talk Bubble (2 pts)

Challenge #4 - Little but fierce (2 pts)

Challenge # 7 - 2013 Changes (2 pts) + 1 NR (Life 101) = 3 pts

Challenge # 8 - Notebook and layers (2 pts)

Challenge # 12 - Color centered in the middle (2 pts) + 1 NR (Overjoyed) = 3 pts

Challenge # 15 - Recipe. (2 pts) + 1 NR (A Year In Review) = 3 pts

Challenge # 23 - Peeking from a pocket (2 pts)

Challegne # 28 - Let it Go (2 pts + 1 NR (Me, Myself and I) = 3 pts

Challenge # 33 - Time (2 pts)

Total = 20pts + 5 NR = 25 pts

Last edited by LJSDesigns; 01-11-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:39 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

total: 31 pts.

2pts. + 1pt. NR (Preppy Side font from Darcy - uploaded Jan 5) 5. Be inspired by this fun paper layout and create a layout that features lots of strips of patterned paper.

2pts. 17 - Be inspired by this artwork to create a LO with a multi-colored titled with a mix of fonts/alphas

2pts. 18. Take a cue from this 325 Jamie blog post and document what you (or your family) is wearing this month.

2pts. + 1pt. NR (DJB Glory Bea - uploaded Jan 3) 23 - Peeking from a pocket... use a pocket or more on your next layout! -2 pts.

2pts. 25. Money money money. Scrap about your relationship with money. Good or bad.

2pts. + 1pt NR (DJB Glory Bea - uploaded Jan 4) 26 - Diagonal composition and repetitive arrows are huge trends in scrapbooking right now. Make a page using your favorite trend and photo from 2012!

2pts. + 1pt. NR (Layered Labels Everyday Stickies 1 from Cindy - uploaded Jan 5) 27 - White on white! Let's work with a totally white page! You can add as many white papers and elements as you'd like, but the only thing that can have color is your photo!

2pts. + 1pt. NR (Preppy Side font from Darcy - uploaded Jan 6) 29 - Are you always looking for a creative place to put your journaling on a page? Well, here's my idea: write your journaling IN your photo! You can't write anywhere else on your page, you may only journal in the blank spaces on your photo!

2pts. (Don't Whine)

2pts. (Love One Another)

2pts. (Help Others)

2pts. (Be Sweet)

2pts. (Eat your veggies)

Last edited by sigmakap95; 01-23-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:26 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Mine.

Total points: 4
NR points: 1

2- Use this inspiring blog post and image to scrap about growth, change, and scars. -2pt

3- Be inspired by the unconventional use of talk bubbles in this layout by Nicole N to create a layout of your own. - 2 pt + 1 pt NR - Top 10 by Shawna Clingerman (uploaded Jan 25)

Last edited by momof2angels; 01-26-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My spot.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:21 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

My Spot
Old 01-01-2013, 09:52 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My spot.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:10 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

My spot!
Old 01-01-2013, 10:16 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My spot.

Challenge Points-36
NR Points-4
Total 40

Used "Smile" for LO 1

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...=smile&cat=647

3- Be inspired by the unconventional use of talk bubbles in this layout by Nicole N to create a layout of your own. -2pt

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...olpic2&cat=647

15 - Use this photos as a 'recipe' for the elements on your next LO! You can ONLY use elements that are shown here - e.g., buttons, string, paper clip, ribbon, etc. - but you do not have to use them all. Have fun! - 2 pts.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...umpkin&cat=647

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...14oct2&cat=647

26 - Diagonal composition and repetitive arrows are huge trends in scrapbooking right now. Make a page using your favorite trend and photo from 2012! - 2 pts

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...zy-boy&cat=647

23 - Peeking from a pocket... use a pocket or more on your next layout! -2 pts.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...y-time&cat=647

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...fierce&cat=647

17 - Be inspired by this artwork to create a LO with a multi-colored titled with a mix of fonts/alphas - 2 pts.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...20oct6&cat=647

9. We've all seen and (done) the fabulous paper strips covering the page technique. This time, use something different (such as ruffles, lace, scallops or ribbons) and create a collage! - 2pts

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...0oct09&cat=647

30 - Use these awesome "Rules of the House" as inspiration for the titles & themes of your next layout(s). - 2 pts per layout up to 10 pts (LO #2 for this challenge, Used Be Sweet)

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...-sweet&cat=647

14 - Use this infographic as a springboard to a layout that uses at least two color principles shown incorporated into your page. - 2 pts.
Main Color-Blue, Accents-Brown

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...erfect&cat=647

29 - Are you always looking for a creative place to put your journaling on a page? Well, here's my idea: write your journaling IN your photo! You can't write anywhere else on your page, you may only journal in the blank spaces on your photo! - 2 pts

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...us-boy&cat=647

8. There is nothing cooler than the look of stacks of papers and ephemera in a 3 ring binder. Emulate this look for your page. - 2pts

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...heaven&cat=647

(LO #3, used LOVE One Another)
1 NR Point for She Believed She Could 1/18

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...nother&cat=647

30 - Use these awesome "Rules of the House" as inspiration for the titles & themes of your next layout(s). - 2 pts per layout up to 10 pts (LO #4, Used Be Happy)
NR Pt for Top Ten by Shawna (1/18 used)

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...-happy&cat=647

20 - I love square grid designs in layouts! Take inspiration from this picture to create a layout with not only a grid design, but all of the grids must be the same color palette except for one that is different! - 2 pts.
1 NR PT for Hopelessly Devoted by Meghan Mullens 1/18 scrapped

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...e=love&cat=647

24. I have been thinking so much about family lately, and would love to make a family motto. Make one for you family, scrap about it... what the motto is, how you came up with it, and what it means to your family. -2 pts.
NR-Kristin's She Believed She Could (scrapped 1/19)

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...upport&cat=647

19 - I love this blog post on how to incorporate clocks into a layout! Use this post as inspiration for your own layout using a clock or two. - 2pts.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...rs-eve&cat=647

Last edited by nesser1981; 01-19-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Me.

I'm gonna do pages this month.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

my spot

My Points: 10

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...-27s-4&cat=500

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...fierce&cat=500

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ai-man&cat=500

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...n-2011&cat=500

29 - Are you always looking for a creative place to put your journaling on a page? Well, here's my idea: write your journaling IN your photo! You can't write anywhere else on your page, you may only journal in the blank spaces on your photo! - 2 pts

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...y-days&cat=500

Last edited by tonyasmith; 01-14-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

going to give it a go
Old 01-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

mine:

new release points: 3
total points: 31

5. paper strips: 3 pts
NR point 1/5 (belly laughs kit by heather roselli)

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...=laugh&cat=500

8. paper stacks: 3 pts
NR point 1/5 (everyday storytelling: winter kit by jenn barrette and kristin cronin-barrow)

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...winter&cat=500

9. create a collage of strips other than paper strips: 2 pts.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ve-you&cat=500

12. color in middle of layout: 2 pts

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ing-it&cat=500

19. use clocks on a layout: 2 pts

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...w-year&cat=500

20. square grid design: 2 pts.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...rother&cat=500

21. 2013 manifesto: 2 pts.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ifesto&cat=500

22. I am: 2 pts.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...=smile&cat=500

23. using pockets on a layout: 2 pts

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...y-ball&cat=500

25. money: 2pts.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...=money&cat=500

26. favorite trend of 2012: 2pts
using chevrons on pages

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ce-day&cat=500

30. rules of the house: 5 pts
work hard, play harder (new release 1/5: boys at work kit by shawna clingerman)

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...k-hard&cat=500
love one another

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...nother&cat=500
dont whine

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...-whine&cat=500

Last edited by scrapmommaof3; 01-31-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Here's my spot! Gotta earn 40% now that I quit all my CTs.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Maybe this year!
Old 01-01-2013, 11:47 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Total points: 30
Challenge Pts:25
NR points: 5

30 - Use these awesome "Rules of the House" as inspiration for the titles & themes of your next layout(s). - 2 pts + 1NR

Uploaded 1/5

26 - Diagonal composition and repetitive arrows are huge trends in scrapbooking right now. Make a page using your favorite trend and photo from 2012! - 2 pts + 1NR

Uploaded 1/5

Bonus Blog Challenge-1 point
Let the Journey graphic above inspire your next layout. Make sure to upload it to your SSD gallery, and mark it on your tracker spot as a blog bonus challenge for 1 point. + 1NR pt

8. There is nothing cooler than the look of stacks of papers and ephemera in a 3 ring binder. Emulate this look for your page. - 2pts

22. Throughout all of the documenting I do, I want my kids to know who I truly am. Use an I prompt to document something about you! -2 pts.

15 - Use this photos as a 'recipe' for the elements on your next LO! You can ONLY use elements that are shown here - e.g., buttons, string, paper clip, ribbon, etc. - but you do not have to use them all. Have fun! - 2 pts. +1NR

14 - Use this infographic as a springboard to a layout that uses at least two color principles shown incorporated into your page. - 2 pts. +1NR

14 - Use this infographic as a springboard to a layout that uses at least two color principles shown incorporated into your page. - 2 pts.

32 - By The Numbers: This year we're focusing on creating a collection of layouts that tell our story in numbers. 2pts.

30 - Use these awesome "Rules of the House" as inspiration for the titles & themes of your next layout(s). - 2 pts

Last edited by dgreenshield; 01-25-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:51 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

ME
Old 01-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hoping I can get something done this month! My spot!
Old 01-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Challenge Points: 2
NR points:
Total Points: 2

Total Points: 2

http://kristibigelow.blogspot.com
Guesting in 2013 for Lynne-Marie, Traci Reed & Victoria Feemster

Last edited by Kristi8004; 01-08-2013 at 11:37 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

So excited! My spot for January!
Old 01-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My spot
Old 01-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Here I come!