Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2011, 03:59 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Who watched "24"?

Holy Cow! For those of you who watched it while it was on TV, how the heck did you survive from one week to another? Talk about a cliffhanger at the end of every show. I got bored with my TIVO lineup so I went to Netflix last night and decided to check out this show - never watched it once before when it was on. It must have conflicted with other shows pre-TIVO days. Now I'm soooooo hooked - six episodes into season 1 made for a late night and I'm dying to get back to it

Old 02-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

It was torture lol...

LOVE Jack...so jealous that you get to watch it all for the first time back to back

I got my parents hooked on it and they watched all 8 seasons in like a week

Old 02-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

hahah! well, we didn't have cable so we just bought the seasons on DVD. Then we'd watch a season in just a couple days because when the episode ended, we had to know what happened next! We haven't seen the last 4 seasons though.

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 02-17-2011, 04:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I know what you mean - I said the same thing when I started it on Netflix. I'm now on Season 7 and I'm sad there is only one more after this!

I'm also watching Prison Break right now, so I switch between the 2. It is really hard not to keep going with both of them.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

DH borrowed Season 1 from Meeeegan's DH, and we watched it, and it was torture. We always had to watch "just one more". Definitely wish I had that 24 hours back. We tend to watch tv to be relieved from stress, and that show totally stressed me out! A very well done show, just not my kind of tv.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LOL - I just watched the whole series back to back! Me & Hubby both got totally hooked and couldn't wait to start the next episode. But forget the weekly cliffhangers - I would have gone crazy waiting for each new season!! I'm so glad I waited till the show was done before watching it!
Old 02-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryinaz View Post
I know what you mean - I said the same thing when I started it on Netflix. I'm now on Season 7 and I'm sad there is only one more after this!

I'm also watching Prison Break right now, so I switch between the 2. It is really hard not to keep going with both of them.
We've been watching Prison Break here as well. And now that we're starting season 3 I have to say it's getting a little old! Caught, escape, caught, plan, something goes wrong, caught again, escape.... and from looking at the info on all the episodes of 3 and 4 it looks like that's the way of it til the end! LOL!! Hooked anyway but geez!!

I'll have to start 24!!

Old 02-17-2011, 05:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sari55 View Post
We've been watching Prison Break here as well. And now that we're starting season 3 I have to say it's getting a little old! Caught, escape, caught, plan, something goes wrong, caught again, escape.... and from looking at the info on all the episodes of 3 and 4 it looks like that's the way of it til the end! LOL!! Hooked anyway but geez!!

I'll have to start 24!!
I know!! I actually skipped a bunch of episodes in Season 3 and went to the last few - and didn't really miss anything. Season 4 is back in the states and so far is pretty good, but if it gets to be too much of the same again, I'll probably skip some again. From what I've read, I won't be happy about what happens at the end of the series.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:59 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

It was torture to wait for the next episode...and if I remember right, the first season or two, '24' was followed by 'Alias'. My sister and I were addicted! Her family was living with us at the time, and we'd put the kids to bed, grab some snacks and have some great TV time - good times
Old 02-17-2011, 09:18 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

It is so intense! And now of course I just want to watch it all the time. DH is bummed because I'm already so many episodes ahead

And I loved Alias too. Wish that was on instant streaming as well.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:27 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We watched the first 5 seasons of 24 on DVD - it would have been torture to wait week to week!

And Prison Break Season 1 was my favorite by far, but the series definitely deteriorated a bit after that. Still fun, though.