Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Share your swagbucks secrets please!!

I just got my first Amazon $5 gift card from Swagbucks but it sure seemed to take a long time to rack up 450 bucks. What do you all do to get those bucks rolling in?

I search stuff - but I'm not a huge searcher.
I do the daily poll - worth 1 buck
I've done a couple of surveys but I don't seem to qualify for much there.
I've done 2 tasks and those weren't too bad.
I've had the tv going on another screen as I've been on the net doing other stuff and gotten a couple points that way.
I've clipped some coupons but haven't used them yet (just haven't been to the store)

I feel like I'm probably missing something - or lots of things!
Old 03-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

referrals. Seriously - that's where the big points come. I'm almost out of referrals now and my points have definitely slowed down.

I search every single thing, all day long. Even websites that I visit all the time, I search them, ups my chances for getting the search bucks.

Do you look for the extra codes? Do you have the swidget? Do you use the toolbar (I don't, but folks get a few extra points a week off it). Subscribe to their blog, and 'like' Couponsandfreebiesmom on facebook (you'll get alerts to a bunch of stuff, but amongst them will be new swagcodes). Instead of her, I subscribe to the WeLoveSwagbucks blog on my google reader, and they alert when new codes are out, as well.

You won't get your bucks for coupons until you've used them, and they've been processed through the facilities. But definitely use them! In a couple of months, they'll begin to start rolling in.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I haven't had a referrel in months and because of that, its taking me like 3 weeks to get my GC. Got a bit frustrated yesterday after doing a survey for 10 minutes before being told it was full.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yep..referrals are the best..I only have like 1 active one right now though
I search 2x a day.
Keep up with codes...
I was really liking swagbucks tv until they changed it..I guess too many people were racking up too many bucks...it's aggravating when they do that.now you only win 3 at a time and you can't just let it run
I've done a few tasks for 110 bucks each which was nice
Surveys when you can qualify will bump up your number a lot

Old 03-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't really look for Swag codes... if they message me one, I'll use it, but other than that, I do searches.

Any time I want to go to any site (even ones I visit regularly) they get entered in the Swagbucks search bar. So Facebook, SSD, my birth club, recipe sites, etc. Instead of typing their web address, I put it through the SB search. I get about 40 - 50 SB per day just by doing that. I've never had a referral ever, and I hate doing the surveys (I never get accepted).

You can do the daily poll for 1 SB... I used to all the time, but I completly forget these days. They add up slowly though!!

Huge fan of:

Old 03-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I mainly do searches, I get about 1 Amazon card per month. Referrals were nice - when I had them!
Old 03-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

You can get 5 points a day by: having the toolbar installed (1), doing the daily poll (1), going to the survey page (1), and completing the NOSO (no obligation special offers - just click next or no thanks or whatever for each one) (2).

I search 2-3 times a day. Well, I search all day, but I win 2-3 times a day. I search EVERYTHING and EVERYWHERE that I want to go on the net. If I don't win on the first search, I re-search for it right away up to 2 more times - I get a lot of points that way.

I watch the couponcodes FB page that Darcy mentioned, and I'm friends with swagbucks on FB, which helps too. I HATE the word scramble type hunts, but the rest of the hints for codes are usually pretty easy.

That's pretty much all I do, and I average 2 amazon cards a month, give or take.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I also check out the Daily Deals from LivingSocial/Groupon/Mertado. If it's something you would buy anyway, it gives you big Swagbucks.

I'm already mad I didn't realize when we signed up for Netflix and DirecTV I could have gotten huge bucks. So before doing much of anything online, check out SB Special Offers first. I just got 9 for clicking on Like for McAfee (which I use anyway), and 31 for downloading RealPlayer.

I'm having to search a LOT more lately to win - anyone else feel like that?

Last edited by maryinaz; 03-11-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I haven't done any referrals. If anyone comes along and wants one, I'll send one along!! Though I think anyone who looks at this post already is on! :-)
Old 03-12-2011, 05:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Is the games screen grayed out for anyone else? Is that another way to earn bucks, or not? I'm all for a few mindless games here & there!

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 03-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Hahaha. I have a friend who I jokingly call a Jew (for penny pinching lol) and yesterday I was trying Swagbucks TV...10 'mini shows' got me 3 points...30 minutes. Lol. He has Swagbucks also (he's like on tons of coupon code and deal sites...hence me teasingly calling him a jew...) and lol...yesterday he was like "I'm the so-called jew....but you just spent 30 minutes to get 3 Swagbucks? Yea. Ok." It's cool though. I enjoyed most of the clips anyway really...if it wasn't for their little mini ads...which ok yea I know...their whole reason I'm sure for giving out points lol...but man...I've found I like the tech vids and the makeup ones from Ford Modeling...(they also realllllly inspired me makeup wise...a video that suggested the color wheel. I promptly headed over to kuler.adobe and was looking at various color schemes. I was like...."MAKES SENSE!" Lol. (Like that for instance, did you know that the color honey blonde actually corresponds with blue on the color wheel? I'm sure probably many do...or maybe I'm the only nerd that cares about colors in such a scientific way.)
Old 03-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I've never gotten points for playing the games. How long do you have to play to get something?
Old 03-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Like mentioned above the Goupon/livingsocial buys can rack up points! GOT 310 just for buying fandango tickets last week. And the week before got like 520 for purchasing the groupon they had posted. So keep an eye on those buys!

But other than that it's a slow deal....... I have one referral but she doesn't get the whole swagbucks thing and I think she quit! LOL!!

The one thing I've noticed is that every now and then you have to type a word into a bar to get your searched swagbucks. If I forget to do that I don't get them. I've missed out on a few for that. So now I double check that I don't have to type in a word.....

Old 03-13-2011, 10:46 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I just did a groupon and got 160 SB! AND....the groupon was for a 16 x 20 canvas wrap for $45.00 (regularly around 125 I think)!! I've been wanting to redo my picture was with canvas wraps so this will get me started!! Woohoo!!
Old 03-14-2011, 02:35 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

do you have to actually use your SB's to get more faster? cause i have mine all racked up but i was waiting till i got a lot before i purchased something. is it better to use them right away then to let them build up?
Old 03-14-2011, 06:09 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Depends on what you're saving for. I get Amazon GC's, and just cash in after each $5 amount, but you don't get more for cashing in faster.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I use the search bar at least ten to twenty times a day. Some days I get swag bucks on none, others maybe half and twice I've gotten swag bucks on every search.. The most being I got 50 on one search with the rest being for 10 or 5. They added up quickly then.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I use my points as I get them, 'cause I'm impatient. And you never know whether they'll increase the number of points needed, or even shut down or something.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Some of their offers are pretty good if it's stuff you would normally buy anyway. I bought the B & N groupon and signed up for Netflix through them and got lots of bucks that way. Doing the normal daily stuff on their site can get up to 120 bucks a month (daily polls, survey, noso, and toolbar).