Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2011, 03:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Persnickety Prints SALE

Are you getting your orders ready? Persnickety Prints is having a 25% off sale on their prints this weekend!!! The sale is May 6th through May 9th. The coupon code is NSD2011. I called and asked if I could post the coupon code in the forum - they said YES!!! I've already uploaded about 50 prints! Woo-Hoo!!
Old 05-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Yep I just upload the last of my pages yesterday and my cart is loaded and ready for check out with 51 prints (what I have scrapped since their last sale )!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 05-02-2011, 04:21 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I am ashamed to admit I have never used them for printing before. What sizes do you generally get? I can never make up my mind between 12x12 or 8x8. I assume you must be really happy with the quality. Recently I have been using Costco and I am not thrilled with the color on my LOs.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Uploading now...slowly. LOL

I do 8x8, I really love that size. The albums fix nicely on my shelves, and they are great for little hands to hold.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davita View Post
I am ashamed to admit I have never used them for printing before. What sizes do you generally get? I can never make up my mind between 12x12 or 8x8. I assume you must be really happy with the quality. Recently I have been using Costco and I am not thrilled with the color on my LOs.
I always print 8x8 for many of the reason's Jenn does. And while I am sure 12x12 would be just as great I have printed on average 350 pages a year since 2006 ( I'm getting close to 2000 printed pages) and I'm quickly filling up my book case with albums....I can't imagine where I would have stuck those albums if they were 4x4 inched bigger!!!! So my main reason for still printing 8x8 is SPACE!!!!

Elizabeth

Old 05-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a 12x12 girl and I am super excited about this sale!!
Old 05-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

THANKS!!! ANd do you all print MATTE or GLOSSY??

Old 05-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Oh, I didn't even think about uploading early....that's a great idea.
Do they ever have site problems during big sales like this?
Old 05-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So, I haven't printed single prints before, just albums... how to you store your prints? I am thinking of printing 8x8 and I know they do sell 8x8 page protectors, but that'll get pretty expensive after a while... Trying to decide if I should just continue with books, or print some photo sheets off..
(I have like 800 layouts I need to print!!! Eek!)

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 05-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Sara: I print Matte...I just like the look better...plus they don't show fingerprints as much.

Cindy I have heard of places being slow and hard to "shop" during sales (with uploading and such). I haven't personally experienced this because I always upload ahead of time and even put them in my cart. So on sale day i just enter the coupon and check out!!!

Rachael I have used 8x8 albums and page protectors but for the last year I have just bought 3 ring binders (8.5x11 size) and the 8.5x11 page protectors. It's not perfect but it works good for me and I can get a binder for $1.27 and 50 page protectors (which hold 100 pages) for $2.79 at Walmart!!!

Elizabeth

Old 05-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummytothree View Post
Rachael I have used 8x8 albums and page protectors but for the last year I have just bought 3 ring binders (8.5x11 size) and the 8.5x11 page protectors. It's not perfect but it works good for me and I can get a binder for $1.27 and 50 page protectors (which hold 100 pages) for $2.79 at Walmart!!!
That's kinda what I was thinking about doing. I have tons of sheet protectors from my paper scrap days (I used to scrap 8.5x11). I might do that since 8x8 sheet protectors cost a ton more.

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 05-02-2011, 08:45 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummytothree View Post

What a great idea!!!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I printed a book with them recently, but I haven't done single page prints. I'm definitely getting some done this sale- slowly converting all my pages to jpeg and hoping to upload them before the weekend, just incase it's super busy!
Old 05-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I do a 12x12 family book and print 8x8's for the babies books.

I can't wait for the sale.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I print 12X12 and love them!!! They said to allow a few extra days for shipping since the sale is so big! I ususally upload/order late at night so I'm not sure how it is during the day.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I scrapped 8.5x11 for years, and I can't imagine going to smaller pages since I usually do multi photo layouts with lots of journaling. I print all my square LOs at 12x12 and love the size.

I print matte. The first time I used Persnickety I had the same LO printed in both matte and glossy to see which I preferred, and I like the matte a lot better.

Page protectors can get expensive, so I buy the bulk ones from Archival USA. They sell 100 12x12 page protectors (without the paper inserts, which I don't use) for about $23 compared to 5 protectors for $4 or $5 in the store. They also come in 8.5x11, but I don't see 8x8.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the tip on the sale!! I just uploaded some pics too

I DEFINITELY print Matte...I used to print at home and realized after one order that what the on-line sites refer to as "matte" is more like the lustre paper I bought for myself at home. Love that finish

beckie_scraps on IG!
Old 05-03-2011, 12:31 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelsscraps View Post
So, I haven't printed single prints before, just albums... how to you store your prints? I am thinking of printing 8x8 and I know they do sell 8x8 page protectors, but that'll get pretty expensive after a while... Trying to decide if I should just continue with books, or print some photo sheets off..
(I have like 800 layouts I need to print!!! Eek!)
My mom got me a 12X12 leather binder with page protectors. The only thing is that that book is so HEAVY that the kids can't lift it! ROFL. You might want to print 100 at a time....nah make that 200 I printed my first batch (about 100) and then 2 days later I printed 100 more! It's so much fun to actually hold them in hands and see all the hard work you've done!!!
Old 05-03-2011, 07:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to cardinalskate

I've printed very few of my LOs, so I'm looking forward to this sale and getting some of mine printed and in my hands! My DD loves looking at them on the screen...I can't wait for her to be able to look at them IRL!
Old 05-03-2011, 07:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Can you buy print credits during the sale? And if we can, how long until they expire?
Old 05-03-2011, 07:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie Aviso View Post
Can you buy print credits during the sale? And if we can, how long until they expire?
The info is here: http://www.persnicketyprints.com/printcredits
The credits don't expire. You do have to purchase them in blocks of 50, though.

I think I'm going to buy print credits instead of printing this weekend, because I don't have enough layouts ready to print. I've recently decided to switch from 8x8 to 12x12 and most of the pages I had uploaded were 8x8's, so I have to go back and re-save as 12x12s - and I know I won't have that done by this weekend!
Old 05-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I have 80 layout loaded and ready
Old 05-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateD View Post
The info is here: http://www.persnicketyprints.com/printcredits
The credits don't expire. You do have to purchase them in blocks of 50, though.
Thanks for the info. I'm torn. On the one hand, that's a great deal and I'd like to buy the credits since I will only have 20 or so pages ready to print. But I usually print 20 at a time so DH doesn't mind the cost. I can't sneak 50 credits by him the same way. Decisions to make...
Old 05-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've uploaded all day. Can't wait to get these ordered. I have several hundred that need to be printed, so I do them in batches when they run a sale or a Facebook offer. Love them, the prints are so nice.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just checked out with them (only 42 prints). Their main page says that shipping to Canada is only $5 flat rate - no surprises at checkout. I was stoked about that! Cheap printing AND cheap shipping?!?! SOLD! Except it cost me $10.00 - and I was surprised at the checkout. There were 2 shipping options, US and International. If I clicked US, it wouldn't give me an option for my province in the dropdown menu. The only way I could get Canada or my province to be an option in the address section was to choose international shipping at $10.00. I'm not that impressed.

Huge fan of:

Old 05-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapperjade View Post
I just checked out with them (only 42 prints). Their main page says that shipping to Canada is only $5 flat rate - no surprises at checkout. I was stoked about that! Cheap printing AND cheap shipping?!?! SOLD! Except it cost me $10.00 - and I was surprised at the checkout. There were 2 shipping options, US and International. If I clicked US, it wouldn't give me an option for my province in the dropdown menu. The only way I could get Canada or my province to be an option in the address section was to choose international shipping at $10.00. I'm not that impressed.
Here is the info on how shipping to Canada and how to "get" the $5 dollar flat rate. The link was right on their shipping page next to the info for Canada

http://persnicketyprints.com/customer-service/canada

Elizabeth

Old 05-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm loaded up and ready!! I just got 50 prints from them a month or so ago that I still need to buy a new album for. I'm going to wait until I get all the new ones and then reorganize my albums.

I always have done 12x12, but I think I'm going to make a special 8x8 album just for my mom. She has alzheimers and my brother said when she was at their house at Christmas, she looked at the album I made for them over and over again. It was a 12x12, but I think the 8x8 will be easier for her to keep next to her chair in the living room and easier for her to look through!

Also, I always do matte!
Old 05-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, they will refund you 5$ if you leave them a note in the box at the end of the check out. Also, I once had trouble with the cart, there was a glitch or something in my account, they had to process it manually and they sent me my order for free! Great service!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapperjade View Post