Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-29-2019, 12:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD: 07/29 Photos

Toda's question is all about "photos".

Do you take them regularly....daily, weekly, only at events? Do you take photos with a DSLR, point & shoot, your phone, mirrorless?

What was the last time you took photos?
Old 07-29-2019, 12:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a DSLR that I use often, at least 2-5 times a week, I keep the battery charged and ready to grab (keep it on the DR table b/c we never eat in there and it's close to the sliding door off the back porch, which is my creeper spot for sneaking out and capturing bird photos on our porch or yard). My most recent photo taken was this morning, as the birds were at the suet feeder and on the clothes line (we never hang out clothes to dry but left the line up b/c it runs from our elm tree to the back porch and the birds always sit on it which gives me a great spot for taking photos). This morning I got shots of a hummingbird and chickadee.

I have 2 Fuji mirrorless cameras which are small and fun to use but find I used my iPhone a lot more and now recently, my new samsung which takes great pics. That is with me always so I can be sure to snap photos wherever I go.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:47 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes! I mostly use my phone now. I have an iPhone XMax. It's just so much easier than lugging around my Canon. I use it mostly for just special occasions now.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:38 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've been doing a photo a day for like 8 years... it's so ingrained to take a photo everyday. haha. For the last few years they are all on my phone. I don't think I even know where the charger is for the G12. haha I just like having all my photos in one place.

My last photo I took would have been of the huge city street light that was installed yesterday in our backyard... that is going to shine into our house all night long, lovely.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I use my phone for photos. I last used it to take pictures at a festival at our lake community Saturday and then it jumped in the lake. Sigh. So Now I have a new iPhone XS and I took some pics today trying out the portrait mode. I am excited to have a new phone, but would have preferred not to lose mine in the lake!
Old 07-30-2019, 05:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I use my phone for all my photos (Google Pixel XL). I take a lot of photos, but not every day. I take photos at all events, and when I find something interesting.
Old 07-30-2019, 06:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Mostly use my phone for everyday things. I usually take at least one photo every few days. Either a selfie or of my kids or of wildlife

Old 07-30-2019, 06:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I use my phone exclusively these days. I still keep the battery on my DSLR charged; I still hope to learn to shoot on manual...8 years of not learning haven't dimmed my hope.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:54 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I mostly use my phone to take everyday photos. Lately, my DSLR has been just for sports photos or special occasions. I really need to get back into everyday photos with my DSLR.