Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-09-2020, 11:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD: Must Haves

Today's question is all about the things you can't live without, the things that help you get through the day. Name 3 (we'd all say family/friends and scrapping, of course, so pick something else if you can).

Last edited by bcgal00; 03-09-2020 at 11:18 AM.
Old 03-09-2020, 11:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. Taz my doodle who makes me happy and smile every day but not just Taz, any pet would fill my heart with love. I am a definite animal person and couldn't imagine my home not including a cat or dog or both. Lucky for me, my hubs feels the same way.
  2. Fresh air....I was never much of an outdoorsy kind of person when I was a young adult but somewhere along the way I started to really enjoy getting outside, going on hikes and walks/jogs around the neighborhood. We have a lot of woodsy areas here on the west coast and I have fun taking Taz with me and going off to explore. I've got 4 pairs of runners and a few pairs of rain boots that I get a lot of use out of. I sometimes bring a camera but often times its just Taz and I, wandering around, enjoying the scenery.
  3. Books is another must-have. I probably should have put this as my #1 b/c I cannot live without reading. I've been an avid reader since a young child and have never stopped. I don't think I've ever gone a day without reading at least a few pages. Nowadays, since I have a kindle app on my phone, I can read anywhere, it's so convenient b/c I am never without my phone. I'm currently reading an interesting story by Kelley Armstrong "City Of The Lost".
Old 03-09-2020, 01:19 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Hmmmm coming up with just three is a bit tricky...

1. Coffee. I enjoy my cup (or cups) everyday!

2. Outside. It could be a walk or just going out back and letting those little ones get that energy out! And when they aren't here, a walk or sitting on my patio... sipping that yummy coffee.... I'm lucky I am my own boss, so if it's nice enough and I (or the kids) want to spend all morning outside, we can!!

3. Art... all art.... painting, drawing, scrapping, digi-art.... I skipped it for so many years focusing all my attention on my kids and job.... Then in 2014 while I was recovering from surgery, I started painting again. Then I realized how much I missed it. I don't get to do it every day or even weekly (other than scrap) but when I do....oh how I love a brush in my hand and paint on my fingers.

(Books and nap time were 4 and 5! That was hard!!!)

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 03-09-2020, 01:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Exercise - it honestly keeps me sane haha. If I haven’t worked out I feel cranky and hate everyone

Diet Coke - I gave up a lot of bad habits food and drink wise but there’s no way I’m giving my Diet Coke up. Nope.

Netflix - I was also thinking books but I decided to go for Netflix instead. It’s on most days even just as background noise when I have friends on. But on a night time I always watch at least an episode of something and it’s easy to watch on the iPad in bed too.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. Coffee - I can survive on days without coffee, but those are not good days.

2. Books - I read a lot. I don't know what I would do with myself if I didn't have at lease one book in progress.

3. Fresh air - I love a good breeze; I can't stand to be cooped up. I love to wander about in nature.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. Outdoors - preferably in the mountains, or by a stream...somewhere, where people are scarce and trees are abundant.

2. Creative outlets - be it photography, scrapping, sewing, sketching, or just browsing Pinterest to find something to create... it's something to turn off my brain

3. Cooking - it's such a huge stress relief
Old 03-09-2020, 03:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Coca Cola
Chocolate
Pen & paper
Old 03-09-2020, 03:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My pool:I love to swim, float, do water aerobics etc I love to be in the water.
Vacations: I never realized how much our yearly vacations meant to me until Doug was injured last year and we couldn’t take one.
Wine: give me all the wine
Old 03-09-2020, 03:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Diet Dr. Pepper! We all have vices, that's mine.
Being outside in the sun, whether it's the lake, beach, deck, it's my happy place
Books Yup. I'm a nerd, love to read!
Old 03-09-2020, 07:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Blue skies & Sunshine It's why I love living in the tropics so much. There are almost NEVER days when it rains all day or is cloudy all day. There is usually a little bit of sunshine in every day.

My cats I don't know why. I'm not even sure they like me, but if one of them gets close enough for me to pet them, it feels like I've won the lottery.

My job I've started teaching middle school literature at my kids' small international school, and it is one of the most rewarding things I've done in my adullt life. I love my students, and I love teaching, especially without all the stress and crazy parents that teachers in the US have.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellasspace View Post
My pool:I love to swim, float, do water aerobics etc I love to be in the water.
Vacations: I never realized how much our yearly vacations meant to me until Doug was injured last year and we couldn’t take one.
Wine: give me all the wine
Ella - I love your new avatar! I'm no wine expert but I love it
Old 03-09-2020, 07:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. Coffee...I start every day with a cup (or two). No coffee no workee.

2. The beach...any beach will do. The beach is my happy place. Just don't ask me to go in. Haha!

3. The gym...I work out 4-5 times a week. It's cheaper than therapy. I feel off when I don't get a good workout in.

Old 03-09-2020, 09:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Music, Pepsi, my cat. Except today. He did somersaults while getting rid of a furball. Oh, the humanity!
Old 03-09-2020, 11:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

1. Audiobooks. I love books in all forms, but I listen to audiobooks while I scrap or do all the boring adult chores like cooking, laundry, and cleaning. I can finish an audiobook in 2 or 3 days while still being productive the entire time. I love it! (I also have high myopia [severe nearsightedness], and anything I can do not to strain my eyes is good.)

2. My phone. If I was only allowed 1 electronic device for the rest of my life, it would have to be a phone. I take a lot of my photos with it, stay in touch with work and family, listen to audiobooks, shop, keep up with the news, and browse IG and SSD to keep up with the digiscrapping world.

3. Late nights. I'm a major introvert who desperately needs time alone to recharge. I usually stay up a couple of hours after everyone else here goes to sleep to make sure I get that time.

Last edited by rach3975; 03-09-2020 at 11:40 PM.
Old 03-09-2020, 11:35 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

My pugs.. When my older pug died last year I was said I would never get another, but I was so depressed so I got 2 baby girls from different moms 😆
2 my phone.. I need to learn to go without it tho!!
3 tea
Old 03-10-2020, 12:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
Music, Pepsi, my cat. Except today. He did somersaults while getting rid of a furball. Oh, the humanity!
I'm sure it was gross though to see? Or funny? Not sure LOL. I've watched Noel hack up a fur ball and it was disgusting but we love him anyway
Old 03-10-2020, 04:51 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My kindle, podcasts, a ponytail holder. I can make it til about 9:30 a.m. before I can't stand having my hair down anymore.
Old 03-10-2020, 04:52 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My three must haves.....

- Internet. Yes, I cannot go one day without social media and chatting with my awesome online friends. If it wasn't for the internet...I'd be a very lonely girl indeed.

- Coffee. I do not drink coffee a lot and when I drink it, it's more milk than coffee (I always drink latte machiatto) but I am up to 3 cups a day now. I find that it stops my urges to eat so...I'd rather drink a few cups of coffee than eat a lot.

- Alone time. Granted, being a SAHM to a teen already gives me plenty of alone time but I really need it. I am very much an introvert and I need me-time to recharge and ready for any socializing we have planned. If it's just family...I'm ok but when strangers or acquaintances are involved, anxiety makes a visit for sure.
Old 03-10-2020, 06:19 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Poetry.
Animals.
Music.

Old 03-10-2020, 06:28 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. being able to go for walks/hikes/outdoors
2. my phone/camera
3. good food!

Old 03-10-2020, 09:58 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. Harlow my amazing chocolate lab who is my sidekick, joy, and comfort.
2. Coffee/Tea- I have a coffee every morning while getting ready for work and then fill up my mug with tea to take to work. Coffee gets me going and tea soothes me.
3. Nature/water-I have always felt a pull toward the water adn as I've gotten older I love to just wander through trails etc. I have come to the conclusion that I need to live in Europe where there are so many more walkable/wandering areas.